OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

Naruto wasn't showed this week so I'm happy. (outside of a flashback in a sense)

I thought I wouldn't care for these little get-togethers but they seem to make things really interesting to me. Kabuto and Madara still remains interesting as well. I really wish Madara would tear Kabuto a new one. I don't like him one bit. I'm also digging the artwork I've been seeing as of late. Not on Kubo's level (sorry, he still takes the thrown there but his new designs are crap) but still really good. Maybe it's the cleaning that Binktopia is putting into it.

Just a little side quibble. If I were to compare the big 3 right now I'd have to say that Naruto is better than the other 2.

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Quite a Christmas chapter, lots of action, some ridiculously h4x new abilities and Kabuto explains why his summons are so fail (in a combat sense) compared to Orochimaru's.

And then there was Haku...

[img]http://zeitgeistglee.250free.com/Haku.jpg[/img]

...who, making that face, looks eerily like one of my former girlfriends.

Kishi, you need to retcon Haku to female. Please, for all of us made slightly unsure of our orientation by dat ass, it needs to happen.[/size][/font]

This chapter was really good. It's been a while, but I think Kishi's finally found his groove. I've been enjoying this war so far, although I am wondering if we're gonna see a Kubo moment where there are casualties on the hero side (characters that're actually known. Lee, Gai, etc). There're lots of medical ninja's around so I'm not so sure.

And I agree, Gavin. Haku looks too much like a female now, especially with the lipstick... I had to catch myself a couple of times now.

Suigetsu and Juugo's appearance is quite disappointing. I'd rather not see them anymore. They should've been done in considering they attacked the meeting. What's with these people?

The appearance of the previous swordsman made me giddy.

[quote name='Magus' timestamp='1293358710' post='703301']Suigetsu and Juugo's appearance is quite disappointing. I'd rather not see them anymore. They should've been done in considering they attacked the meeting. What's with these people?[/QUOTE]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Agreed. Waste of page space.

[quote name='Magus' timestamp='1293358710' post='703301']The appearance of the previous swordsman made me giddy.[/quote]

Indeed, and they all look pretty badass (and thank Christ Raiga has been finally told GTFO). Kinda curious how they'll fight without their swords.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Magus' timestamp='1293371877' post='703310']
Ah, so glad I never watched any of Naruto's filler.
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I claim boredom and a lack of good judgement as my excuse.

Come on Pysren anime.[/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][quote name='Magus' timestamp='1293459410' post='703333']
Fairy Tail is a pretty decent anime until Psyren gets the greenlight.
[/quote]

I've actually been thinking about getting into Fairy Tail but the art style is a little too similar to OP for my tastes.[/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
Good chapter but felt cheap in a way. I guess it's because of that last page. I suppose I should've seen it coming but still, I don't need to be reminded what Haku did in part 1. Again, I don't want to see Suigetsu or Jugo again but at the same time him giving background info about the 7 swordsmen made up for it.

• 4 weeks later...
[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]I really enjoyed this chapter (526). Learning a lot more about Black Zetsu was awesome as it's something I've been waiting to see for a while. Also I'm glad to see some of these fights are happening at the same time, keeps it interesting. I look forward to seeing Chiyo versus Kankurou, hehe. Especially if Kankurou somehow breaks out the Mother and Father puppets.

The Black Lightning Technique was also very cool, looking forward to seeing this whole arc in the anime! And lol at Page 9. Omg Tenten did something useful! I bet that's the last we see of her until the war is over. :smirk: [/font][/color] Edited by White

Agreed. Honestly, outside of Naruto's stupidity, I've really enjoyed this arc. The pacing of fights are going by pretty quickly. Almost too quickly. I almost caught myself saying that the fight between Kankuro's squad and Sasori/Deidara was disappointing because it ended fast, but truthfully, when fighting in a war, chapters shouldn't be lasting 5-7 chapters. Comparing this to Basilisk which pretty much was a war from beginning to end and pretty much all of the fights lasted only 1-2 chapters and it was still great. Psyren's (despite it's rushed ending) fights went at a fast pace and it turned out to be really good. It's just too bad that Japan would rather take stuff with people who're idiots over people that actually think.

As for this weeks chapter. I've already expressed my opinion about Kumogakure, but Darui deserves to be talked about now, especially with that Black Lightning technique. I've always thought he was an interesting character since his clash with Taka. He seems like a black version of Kakashi in terms of personality, and to be honest, I think I'm liking him more than Kakashi (Of course nobody surpasses Itachi but Kakashi was 3rd favorite). I'm really anxious to see more of what this guy can do.

I'm not confident in Kankuro's ability to take on Chiyo but then again there is a "what-if" factor coming into play here. With Kankuro having Sasori's puppet body, do he still retain everything that puppet was capable of doing? (Summoning 100 more puppets for instance)

I'm looking forward to seeing Gaara and his father seeing each other.

• 3 weeks later...
The latest chapter of Naruto was good but on the corny side as well. Darui, while it's good he saved himself, but to have saved himself by saying "sorry" one extra time just felt corny. Not taking away from the chapter though because I still liked it.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Aye, Kumo is definitely a more entertaining version of Konoha with Darui eclipsing Kakashi by several orders of badass. The fact he could wield not one but two weapons that supposedly require bijuu chakra to properly function was pretty epic, although I agree having his word change to save him was a little cliché. Still compared to Bleach it was a very solid chapter and I'm looking forward to seeing how Darui deals with the remaining brother.[/size][/font]

• 3 weeks later...
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Nope, didn't much care for them the past two chapters. I always liked Chouji but he's seriously starting to grate on my nerves with his "I'm too emotionally unstable to do anything!" BS, having watched their dad's in action only a few chapters before it seriously feels like a let-down.

Mifune vs Hanzo ended quite well in my opinion with neither character being artificially boosted/weakened for the sake of a fight. The one thing I'm disappointed by I suppose is that Mifune doesn't look anywhere near as boss nowadays as he did when he was younger, the bandage/wrinkles really take away from him.[/size][/font]

So Naruto wasn't bad this week, but Choji's still a terrible character to me. True, he's a nice guy, but I can't stand characters who just do nothing or get hotheaded because you talk bad about someone else (It makes characters like Mugen look bad).

Mifune vs Hanzo ended well. Because of the mask I never had Hanzo pegged as a "hero" or a good guy.. You really can't judge a book by its cover. I respect the guy even more now.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Indeed, the whole alliance with Danzou/birth of Pain situation had really made Hanzo look like a petty but powerful tyrant. It's great to see he wasn't always that way given his long history.[/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
Gotta say I didn't care for this chapter this time. Story/Characterization perspective it's good but because of who the character is, no. This the type of stuff I'm not into. At least not for characters I don't like.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I like Chouji but this chapter really didn't appeal to me. He's the dead weight on the team and then suddenly pulls Super Saiyan out of his rear ? Yeah. Team 8/9/whatever already had their arc and seeing it replaying again it boring as hell.[/size][/font]