OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Aye, Chouji did quite a bit to restore his badassness in that chapter but I would be happy if that was the last we saw in the way of development for them for the next while. Naruto is being a bit of an idiot though, I can't remember if anyone explained to him exactly why they're keeping the Jinchuuriki out of the war, but putting yourself in danger and thereby putting everyone else in even greater danger doesn't really help anyone. Hopefully Iruka will be able to slap some sense into him. At this point I figure he'll only get involved in the war when Sasuke shows up, which means the latter can't be too far off returning. [/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Oh man, Naruto you complete dumbass.

Guess this means Sasuke can't be too far off.

[b][Edit][/b] From now on, he's to be referred to as Leeroy.[/size][/font] Edited by Gavin

[font="Tahoma"][quote name='Gavin' timestamp='1302705126' post='706513']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]
[b][Edit][/b] From now on, he's to be referred to as Leeroy.[/size][/font]
[/quote]
[color="#696969"]Lmao. I just pictured Naruto running into the war screaming "UZUMAKIIIIIII NARUTO -dattebayo!" with a rasengan in either hand and all the other ninja facepalming as he proceeds to [strike]wipe the raid[/strike] get captured. "Damnit Naruto!"

That being said, I also really don't like Iruka anymore. I never really cared for himl, even at the beginning of the original series, but I know realize that any time Iruka has [i]anything[/i] to say it's mostly pointless and boring. [/font][/color] Edited by White

[FONT="Tahoma"][size=2]My response to a thread called "How will the Alliance react when they see Naruto"

[Quote=ZeitgeistGlee][font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Naruto: "Uuuuuzumaki Naaaaarutoooo!!!" [img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/SanativeStigma/yelling.gif[/img]

Gaara: "Oh my God he just ran in..." [img]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/wth.png[/img]

Tsunade: "Save him!"

Gaara: "Oh Jesus, stick to the plan!"

Sakura: "Oh Jesus!"

Kakashi: "Let's go, let's go!"

Shikamaru: "Stick to the plan chums."

Gaara: "Oh jeez, oh ****!" [img]http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/rlz4ib.png[/img][/size][/font][/quote]

Which I think is pretty accurate.[/size][/font]

Oh wow, I didn't post in here. Uhh, I actually don't have any reason to hate Naruto in this chapter. It's about time he finally started to notice something's up, however, now I really got something against Tsunade. More than likely Shino's father is a jounin. Why in the world did she send Iruka there? I understand that he may have been able to talk Naruto out of it, but to restrain him...? Seriously? Even I have to acknowledge that Naruto at this point has possibly surpassed all the kages but she sends a chunin in there. She's probably the worst choice I've seen as Hokage. I will admit that I cannot see Naruto as Hokage whatsoever, but Tsunade is just terrible. Such a shame too because I used to support her before the time leap.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Meh, I object to it based on the grounds it plays directly into Madara's hands in getting the Kyuubi to the battlefield after which Naruto will probably have to play royal rumble with all the other Edo Jinchuuriki and anyone else not doing a personal fight. Naruto may indeed be the most powerful person in Konoha at the moment but that doesn't make him invincible, Minato proved as much when he took out the Kyuubi in the first place despite it being on a totally different level. Same when he fought Madara.

Honestly, it annoys me that Naruto can say "I'll take all this suffering onto myself" because it spits in the face of everyone else's sacrifice. They're fighting to keep Naruto safe, they're putting their lives on the line because if he gets captured it's game over. No, Naruto cannot abide the idea other people are willing to put themselves in harms way when he's more powerful, it's actually quite selfish and childish on his part.

Of course chances are Kishi will feed us some BS reason why Naruto is completely right about blowing the plan instead of you know, being on the deserving end of one of the Raikage's Liger Bombs. [/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
So this entire war is going to last a whooping two days? I've been thinking for a while now, do the good guys know that the tailed beasts need to be sealed in order? I am guessing no because if they did then they wouldn't need to keep Naruto hidden at all, just Bee. Naruto would make their united forces a whole lot stronger ( I'd say 1 Sage Mode Naruto and his froggy friends = 20,000 Zetsus).

Earth Sandwich Jutsu!

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I'd say probably Lawliet, we know that the Kyuubi absolutely has to be sealed last or the whole thing will collapse, I'd assume the total power of all the previous sealed ones acts as a kind of counter, so the Kyuubi has the same power as all the lower ones combined.

Honestly I was most surprised that the Shinobi have lost half their damn army so far, they looked to be doing pretty decently, but I guess looks can be deceiving.[/size][/font]

The thing I have against that death toll for the joint forces is that none of those dead are someone we know. I know this was said about Bleach and I didn't have an issue with it, especially because the captain's were just made to look so dominant. Here in Naruto we have an even playing field where some of these kiddies shouldn't even be winning against some of these folks. Then again Itachi and Nagato haven't hit the field (I really expect folks we know to actually die when they come out), but still, sorry for making this sound so heartless but, who in the world cares about 40,000 nobodies dying?

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Meh, I'm not really looking for named deaths so much as I'm looking for some explanation of how half the army has disappeared in the last few chapters. Nothing we've seen so far suggests the kind of losses, indeed everything we've seen suggests their counterattack against Madara has been highly successful even given the big Edo players on the field. I do agree that when Itachi and Nagato appear, things are really going to kick off.

Actually on that note, I'm seriously looking forward to Itachi eventually saying "Brother, I am disappoint" to Sasuke.[/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Agreed. Nice to see a reappearance by the Kyuubi but nothing he said was even vaguely important. He should know better than anyone that Naruto is too stupid to realise Sasuke is making these decisions for himself rather than because he's been influenced by the likes of Orochimaru and Madara. Naruto's "I'll do it all myself, sod having a plan I'll make it up as I go" mentality is also getting kind of thin. One new jutsu and as usual he thinks he's unbeatable.[/size][/font]

Hmm. I can't say it was a bad chapter and at the same time I can't say it was good either. It felt more ho-hum(ish). The last thing I needed was a flashback of the kiddy-hood. I've had far more than enough of that time.

Edit:

In the midst of this war we get a love confession... While I do think it's a hoax but still, it felt like a waste. The cliffhanger was interesting though. Edited by Magus

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Interesting chapter this week, I'm looking forward to seeing where Kishi goes with this (crickey how long has it been since I could say that). Naruto using the Talk-no-Jutsu against the Kyuubi and having it prove even somewhat effective looks like it'll stir things also.[/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Bah, another chapter of Naruto acting like a complete child and Kishi lauds him for it. No Naruto, you don't have a God-given right to confront Madara and everyone else just because you're more powerful than the average shinobi, if that was the case A and every other Kage would be out there taking names and kicking ass and collectively they're more powerful than you and B put together. War doesn't revolve around your individual capacity to defeat someone else, especially this one where Madara's goal is something other than crush the Alliance. You're playing directly into his hands but as usual you're too much of an egotistical prat to realise it and worse still you've brought B along for the ride giving Madara both of you on a platter that he can converge every Edo he has remaining on top of.

Yes, I imagine it would sting your pride to have so many people give their lives to protect you and B, except the fact is they're not giving their lives to protect you, they're giving their lives to protect that monstrous ball of chakra in your gut that you've only recently gained control of, and to protect every other innocent in the world who doesn't have to power to stand up and fight against Madara. Bluntly, **** your pride. This is about more than you, it has never been about you. You're one piece in a game that has been going on since decades before you were born. One prophecy and your idiot father's faith do not give you the right to put the lives of those remaining 40,000 and every other innocent on the planet in danger by running in like a damn fool without a plan. What are you going to do ? Rasengan and Bunshin spam ? Shame they're completely useless against a guy who can make himself intangible at will.

At least Kubo can write convincing protagonists who aren't full of ****.[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Hey guys, haven't caught up in a few months. Anything good I should know abou-[/font]

[quote name='Gavin' timestamp='1306972006' post='707766']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Bah, another chapter of Naruto acting like a complete child and Kishi lauds him for it.[/size][/font]
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Welp, see you all in half a year.[/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Heh, if you think I'm bad now Ace, I'll be frothing at the mouth in six months when Sasuke is back, does a bunch of evil **** and Naruto is still convinced they're bestest buddies. Honestly I would become a Sasuke fan if he actually killed him with the words "You were never my brother".

But you know, Kishi is gay for bromance so...[/size][/font]

I love the Raikage's logic, lets have some of our strongest fighters beat the hell out of each other so they won't be of any use during tomorrows battle- possible even killing Naruto which would mean this entire battle and all the no names who died was for nothing.

Also something he said confused me. If Naruto were to die I thought that the nine tails would die with him (which is why when Naruto is about to die the fox intervenes and lends him some chakra) but apparently it will just pop back into existence after a while?

Another thing- wouldn't it have been smarter to just lock up Naruto on the giant turtle and let Bee fight? It seems like the shinobi army would have lost a lot less no names, killed a lot more white Zetsus, and had an easier time with the super strong immortal impure world zombies (and the giant statue of mass destruction). Plus without Bee Naruto wouldn't have been able to break the barrier and Bee could have acted as bait for Madara (I feel like killing him is instawin for the good guys). Even if Madara did manage to capture Bee he would still be left with only 8/9th of what he needs.

I guess this could have worked vise versa too because if Naruto was captured Madara couldn't seal the fox without the eight tails getting sealed first, which would give the side characters time to try and rescue him. I like the first idea better though... Killer Bee seems a billion times more powerful than Naruto.

Pretty good chapter I suppose.

If you know me by now you know I'm backing the Raikage 100%. No matter how irrational it is, anything involving the death of Naruto will have my gratitude :D. Now that that's outta the way I will admit that the Raikage did cross the line talking about Minato like that.

Anyway, I'm ready for more of the war.

Edit:

[quote]Even if Madara did manage to capture Bee he would still be left with only 8/9th of what he needs. [/quote]

Don't forget that Madara already has "some" of the ninetails chakra. But for the most part I agree with you. Edited by Magus

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Yeah. It seems Kishi has changed his stance on Jinchuuriki death = Bijuu death, now it seems to dissipate the Bijuu chakra but after a while it will reform together and the Bijuu themselves will come back. TBH I've suspected for a long time the Bijuu aren't just carved up segments of the Jyuubi's chakra alone but rather have an individual nature to prevent them from all just clumping together eventually to reform the Jyuubi, my guess would be there was some kind of sacrifice required to bind those carved up segments into a person who would then go on to become the different Bijuu.

I think you really need to look at it from the Shinobi Alliance's point of view, as much power as B and Naruto bring to the field they're still just individuals of around Kage strength, which makes them vulnerable to Kabuto's Edo summons more than the Zetsus. At the same time they're Madara's goal so you really don't want to be putting the enemy goal right out on the frontlines. As I said earlier if it was just a question of strength all the Kages would be fighting as well instead of hanging back in command positions. Right now, as powerful as Naruto is (and with Zetsus being able to mimic people perfectly his sense evil ability is going to be incredibly useful [though tbh that's pure PnoJ for me]) he's as big a disadvantage, maybe bigger, than he is an advantage for them.

It also seems that Madara can use segments of the Bijuu chakra even without all of them, so sending Bee or Naruto in alone isn't much of an option. Maybe Naruto would be better given Madara can't seal him without Bee but it's still incredibly risky with Naruto's propensity to ignore orders and do his own thing. The Raikage may have been harsh but even he admitted killing Naruto or Bee would be a last resort if everything else failed, as for his comments about Minato, well sadly the Yellow Flash doesn't have the greatest track-record so far for someone so inhumanly powerful.[/size][/font]

Awww, I'd like to see more of Raikage vs Minato. I bet that fight would be pretty epic.

Anyway, despite how similar Bee and Naruto were back in Bee's kiddy days I actually don't have a problem with him as a child, yet I hate Naruto. Other than that I don't have much to say about the chapter other than it was pretty good for a flashback chapter.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I think it's just down to environment, B had A to keep him company after he became a Jinchuuriki so he always had positive influences even through something like that. Naruto by comparison spent more than a decade being feared and ostracised so it's not so surprising they'd be very different as children (though Kishi has back-tracked to give B A in his childhood as far as I can see).

Raikage versus Minato was pretty cool, would've liked to see a bit more of that fight but it seems we might get to see a bit more later.[/size][/font]