OtakuBoards

Your strongest emotion

Guest Gun Preacher

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The last four entries are pretty spammy by simply listing the emotion without explaining why that emotion is your strongest one. This thread has done pretty good so far and I?d hate to have to close it. Please put more effort into your posts by explaining why the emotion you list is your strongest. The same goes to anyone else who posts in this thread.

[I][B]On topic:[/B][/I] For myself I actually don?t have a strongest emotion. I?ve found that if the situation is right any emotion can be very powerful. For example, when my older brother died, I?ll never forget the feeling of sadness and grief that I felt. It was months before I could think about him without wanting to cry.

If I were to gauge my strong emotions by how long they last then sadness would win as I?ve never had an emotion last as long as being sad over my brother?s death did. I?ve had times when something has made me furious, or happy and those emotions were just as strong as the sadness was, but none of them lasted for months. At least not at the same level of intensity.
[/COLOR]

For me, my strongest (though not neccesarily my favourite) emotion is generosity - I am giving to the point that if someone wants something (for this example lets say a book) I will either give it to them or give them enough money to buy the book. My reasons? I honestly dont know. Its possibly due to my love of helping people be happy (though it could also be insanity :animeswea ).

After that, my strongest emotion is happiness. No real reason for it, im just a happy person. However, I can get depressed or angry over very small things-I have recently gotten over a one month grudge with my cat (yes, my cat) after he walked over my DVD player and broke it (Hes very fat). In other words, i get very emotional over little things

My strongesy emotion is Courage never heistent on doing something to help someone important to me althought sometimes it get me into trouble. i do what i do for the right reasons. i learned from from some of the greatest hero's partically. :animesmil Ash from pokemon no matter what he never gives up. and genki because he a true leader and some you'd want to team up with :cool:but like most people i'll bet you get most of your courage from the person your tring to help ;) personally i think Courage is the most powerful emotion. :D

If this question was asked around May (2004) - Feb (2005), I would definitely say anger. I haven't been as angry as much as back then, but when I'm pissed you'd know it. I think this almost happens to anyone though. When you get so mad, you could feel the steam coming off of your neck, head, back, etc etc. At one time I almost blacked out from anger. (I normally warn people to not piss me off... on forums and real life. Because I could literally become untamable.) I would post what happened within those months, but it would probably bore all of you and it's pretty long. (and I don't particularly care much about my past... but if y'all to know just ask and ye shall receive)

Now I'd say I'm pretty mellow. I have that type of attitude where I'd pretty much just say "I don't care as long as it's not involving me" (in some cases or rather depending on the situation, invovling my family. My family can pretty much handle themselves so.... ) I'd also say a strong point would be my sarcasm, but like Stark said, I'm not sure it's an emotion. I'm still a hot head, but not as much as I was back then.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]I've deleted a couple of posts on this page, because even right after SunfallE's warning, people are just posting what they think is their strongest emotion, with no explanation. Like SunfallE said, it would be a shame to close this thread, so I'm trying to keep it clean by deleting bad posts instead.[/FONT]

Guest Cornerstone777
My strongest emotion would probably be depression. That and hatred for myself AND others. Plus, I don't really trust people. Why!? They lie in front of my freak'n face all the time and fake a cheap smile, thinking everything's fine. Well, IT'S NOT DAMMIT! Yes, I'm having a bad day and my apologies. :animesigh

My strongest emotion is the word ****. And I'm totally serious about that.

As far as actual emotions go, it's a combo of loneliness and hopelessness. Hopelessness to ever see the world prevail, and loneliness cuz I ain't got no one. These two mixed with an inferiority complex and a hero complex creates a constant feeling of pure, unadalterated, ****.

[FONT=ARIAL] [color=darkorchid][size=2]Being a junior facing ACTs and college and such is just a high-stress time of your life to be in, and having overly-dramatic friends don't help much. I'm more than sure I was born with the tendancy to obsess over every little detail, so worrying is a definite lock.

I think yearning would be one as well, if that could be changed into an emotion. I live in a very suburban town with all the typical high school stereotypes (but instead of only 500 students, I deal with 4,000+...) and I just need to get out. I've traveled alot previously because of my mixed parenatge, but I still feel the need to go out and see more. ^^[/font][/color][/size]

[CENTER][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Well.I'd have to say I am quite joyful. I only cry when I am upset,but now that I think about it, I get upset easily too.
I have a lot of love too. Even for the smallest things.

Actually, all my emotions above can tie together. I love to watch little ants build their houses. I love that something that small can make something so great all be working together.One time I was watching some ants, and then my little sister came and stepped on their ant-hill.
I started crying later.

Yeah...sounds kinda silly I know.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]My strongest emotion is love. I simply adore my dog, she?s like a member of the family and in some ways I consider myself her mom. I like to think that she loves me in return since she follows me everywhere when I?m at home.

My other strongest emotion is anger. I?ve been watching Animal Precinct on TV and the things I see people doing to their pets horrifies me! I just don?t understand how people can be so cruel to their own pets. It?s so sad to see how they abandon, hurt and kill their pets by not treating them when they are sick or not feeding them when they are hungry. I find that I would love to clobber them for being so mean![/COLOR]

• 2 months later...
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]My strongest emotion is also my weakest emotion:[/i][/b] In short, [i][b][u]caring[/u].[/b][/i] Basically, it's helping others when [b][i][u]they say that[/u][/i][/b] they need it. It's my [b][i]strongest[/i][/b] because there's nothing I wouldn't do for that person and in return, that person becomes a good friend of mine; [b][i]hopefully,[/i][/b] returning that same favor to someone else. It's my [b][i]weakest[/i][/b] emotion because[b][i] people do lie, cheat and steal in the real world and i'm[u] gullible[/u] as hell![/i][/b] :animesigh[/size][/font]

[color=darkred][size=1]

[b]Optimism[/b] and [b]Pride[/b].

Optimism, for me, is a mechanism my mind and spirit has adopted for me to stay positive and chillin' in my life. Alot of my past has been a bit of a downer, but I hate being sad or depressed. It's something I just hate having to deal with, so instead of constantly being upset with my life, I've adopted a carefree happiness. This is often mistaken for me just being completely stoned, but it's more of a way of me being able to be happy and always look on the bright side of things. Pessimism is annoying. Haha.

As for Pride, I'm told that is my strongest emotion by my friends. I suppose this means that I'm just full of myself. I like to call it self-confidence, which I actually don't have alot of when I sit and think. But if I just say "I can do this, no problem..." and go for it, then I normally just have fun and pull it off. I think the mirage of arrogance just comes from either my humor or when I'm angry at something. If I'm hanging out with my friends, then I'm always like "Dude, I'll totally destroy your soul in that and this..." and when I'm angry, I just get pumped to a level where I actually believe I can, and normally, I do pull of what I say I will. Haha.

A note, look at my sig and let me know what you think. Haha.

So yeah. I'm arrogant, happy go lucky, and chillin'. Hah.[/color][/size]

The strongest emotions that I posses are happiness because my hyper-activeness falls into that catagory and my self concienceness. I am over anylytical of myself most of the time over petty situations that has happened to me. It's usaully embarrassing situations that I wished I could have done differently. :p Also I always think of making things better when things go awry, which is my optimisim. I am a very happy person overall.:animesmil

[size=1]
Man I wish my strongest emotion was something overly dramatic and cool-sounding like anger or ultimate self-loathing or something, but nah. It's happiness.
I cant help that I'm just one of those unusually cheerful people that take everything on the chin and get back up and back at it, usually sooner than later. My being happy seems to rub off on those around me a lot too, so yeah.

It's definitely my most powerful emotion: it keeps me going and affects those around me.
:)[/size]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen] For myself I actually don?t have a strongest emotion. I?ve found that if the situation is right any emotion can be very powerful. For example, when my older brother died, I?ll never forget the feeling of sadness and grief that I felt. It was months before I could think about him without wanting to cry.

If I were to gauge my strong emotions by how long they last then sadness would win as I?ve never had an emotion last as long as being sad over my brother?s death did. I?ve had times when something has made me furious, or happy and those emotions were just as strong as the sadness was, but none of them lasted for months. At least not at the same level of intensity. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]I feel exactly the same way. Most of the emotions I have experience have all been at one time or another fairly intense. And yet in the end only the sadness over my brother, who also is dead, has ever lasted for such a long time. I suppose the only other emotion that came close is anger combined with rage. Partly because even though the person who killed him is in jail for life, part of me for the longest time wanted to kill him for what he did. I would not act on such feelings, but I still experienced them just the same. And occasionally I find a tiny part of me still wishes he had been put on death row instead of just imprisoned for life.
[/COLOR]

[quote name='Acheron][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]My strongest emotion is also my weakest emotion:[/i][/b] In short, [i][b][u]caring[/u].[/b][/i] Basically, it's helping others when [b][i][u]they say that[/u][/i][/b] they need it. It's my [b][i]strongest[/i][/b] because there's nothing I wouldn't do for that person and in return, that person becomes a good friend of mine; [b][i]hopefully,[/i][/b] returning that same favor to someone else. It's my [b][i]weakest[/i][/b] emotion because[b][i] people do lie, cheat and steal in the real world and i'm[u] gullible[/u] as hell![/i][/b] :animesigh[/size'][/font][/quote]

Amen. I have that same problem; all of my friends marvel at how much that I do for them blindly, yet when I am in trouble they either don't notice, don't know what to do, or don't care. So I get pretty taken advantage of, but I can't just stop being caring. I guess I'm just ******.

Anyway, I have two main emotions that pretty much control me.

[b][i]LOVE:[/i][/b] This sort of ties in with the caring. When I love someone, I will do anything and everything for them. I fight for what I love, and a lot of my friends say that when I am in love is when I am most determined in most things in my life. I sadly tend to fall in love often though, which will certinly be my undoing.

[b]J[i]EALOUSY:[/i][/b] Tieing in with the love, I am very possessive of the things that I care about. My friends, my family, and the men I fall for.. I can't help but get somewhat angry if they are talking more to someone else, or are enjoying themselves better in someone else's company. Espically with the men I fall for. Funny story actually, I was on a web cam with my boyfriend and he had his mic on, and I could hear that he was IMing someone with a girly little fairy noise when they posted. I got way too jealous since he was talking to a girl, but I know that I over reacted.

So, yeah. That's it... :animesmil