OtakuBoards

Favorite Element

Lt.Zero

Favorite Element  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Element

[FONT=Georgia]:animenose I think I just had the reply knocked out of me!

I have noticed that in a lot of anime, manga, and videogame circles people have been confusing the traditional four elements and adding their own lists to them, and then these become accepted. In truth, the theory of the four elements was first created in ancient Greece by natural philosophers, who said that Earth, Fire, Water, and Wind made up all of the universe in varying amounts, coexisting with each other in a balance. We all know that's wrong now, but with no means for scientific experimentation it's still impressive.

As for me, my favorite element is Hydrogen. It is the most individualistic element of the periodic table; it stands alone as an oddity (well, there's Helium...but that doesn't count!). It's sad when you can relate yourself to an element, I think!

Anyways, I think I'll go take off my prof. glasses and drink more coffee.[/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]I think some people are taking this thread way too seriously. I mean, really, the "elements" listed are not even real elements in anything but the classic fantasy world sense. So arguing that, "Such and such can't do that!" is really silly.

As such, I pick Light because I've always enjoyed role playing healer/cleric type characters. Calling on the holy powers that be in whatever world I'm playing in, I heal wounded allies while smiting evil in the name of divine judgement.[/color]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]I think some people are taking this thread way too seriously. I mean, really, the "elements" listed are not even real elements in anything but the classic fantasy world sense. So arguing that, "Such and such can't do that!" is really silly.

As such, I pick Light because I've always enjoyed role playing healer/cleric type characters. Calling on the holy powers that be in whatever world I'm playing in, I heal wounded allies while smiting evil in the name of divine judgement.[/color][/QUOTE]

As for saying that people are taking this thread way to seriosly: That's what I meant when I said no fightin'.

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]My favorite element is earth. Earth can be dangerous yet gentle, strong but beautiful. Not only that, but without earth, life could not be sustained. Earth is like a protective mother to her children, giving them shelter and means to survive.

This is a debatable fact, but earth can also be the traces of the forces of life and death. Everything is born from the earth or something earth-made and as it dies, it returns to the earth. Earth yields beauty in everyday things, like flowers and animals and even humans. She's the ever constant factor in the cycle of life. Always there, never changing but different everyday.[/FONT][/SIZE]

I like Water,wind, and darkness. These elements kind of make up a storm. First it gets dark and windy then it rains (water). I personly like it when it rains because then it gives me time to turn of everthing except a lamp and read a book. I know that sound and other elements make up a storm but I like that these are the main ones.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]My favourite elements are wind, earth and water.

Lord of Spirits:
[quote]Another of my favorite elements is Wind.I love to see the air flow through the sky and I would love it even more if I could stay in the sky and fly away.[/quote]

^ This is one reason why I like wind. I love to feel like I'm flying. I horseback ride so I've gone out on many cold windy days with my mare and galloped through fields. Thats when I feel like I'm flying, when we're going so fast you feel like you can take off and then when we jump logs and stuff on the trail it truly does feel like you've taken off. Theres nothing like a good gallop on an autumn day...

I like earth because...I'm not sure why I just do. I love being outside and I would rather be outside then inside.

I like water because water is so powerful. It calms and soothes you yet it can turn againest you really fast. It can become rough and wavy...I don't know I always found that water usually reflects my mood...if that makes sense. Anyway I also love water because I love to swim...I also love the rain too...swimming in the rain is also one of the best things to do. Rain also turns into snow when its cold during the winter and creates a winter wonder land to horseback ride through...I always feel like I'm in a fantasy novel when I horseback ride during a snowfall....
[/COLOR]

It was a hard choice for me between [B]Water[/B] and [B]Light[/B], but in teh end I had to go with [B]Light.[/B] Its not the most powerful element against the others (water, earth, fire, etc.), but it is the best defence against [B]Dark[/B] which is always a plus for me :animesmil

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]In terms of games, I tend to head straight for the [B]Wind[/B] element characters (Anji Mito ftw!). My usual play style in pretty much any game emphasises speed over power - run rings around the bad guys, getting lots of little hits in, instead of one big pwn-all attack. Manoeuvrability is good - it frustrates people when they can't hit you.

I'm also a fan of Kaze no Kata - the Kata of Wind - in Shintaido, one of the two martial arts I practise. It's my favourite out of the three kata I know because it moves swiftly forwards like the wind - somehow it feels both powerful and peaceful at the same time, and I think the wind is like that. It can be a peaceful breeze, or a destructive gale.

Wind all the way.[/FONT]

I personally have always been a more of the flow like the water kind of guy. I too am involved in the martial arts and one of my favorites is San Sou, another chinese styly of kung fu. The movements are all very fluid and constant. Thinking of it like water is the way I was always taught. Just roll through everything, and when the time is right, slam down like a torrent.

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
My favorite element is Darkness. I like it because you can surround your enemies in it and you can use a lot of stealth to get around. Though Darkness may be strong, it cannot live without Light. Their like yin and yang in life. Also if there was no light than the whole world would be frozen over and we wouldn't be living.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hmmm...

My favorie [I]Element[/I] is Neon.

Oh...but Hydrogen is cool too...

:animeswea :animesmil

Oh wait...we're talking about different things...Umm, I like Darkness and Water. Darkness is stealthy, and scary, so yeah I love it. Water, well, I love floating around in pools ponds and toehr sources of water. Just love swimming, so I had to say water. :animeswea

Guest Prick Wizard
I like a few different elements.

One of the most exciting things about elements is that elemental spells and sourcery can counteract oposing elemental powers. For example, ice will cause a greater amount of elemental damage to water as it can be frozen and water is very effective against fire. This is such a coincidence because certain elves are very skilled in the arts of water and ice which can help to oppose attacking dragons or ork fire lords. As I'm sure you'll agree this is great for the protection of society, especially seeing as the likes of orks only posess dark elemental powers such as fire.

A modern example of this can still amazingly be seen today with the likes of the fire service using the element of water to dowsen flames and extinguish burning ember.

I also like the GF's that can be summoned with different types of elements, such as Vulcan the guard of fire who is well known to have been summoned by the likes of elven warbands.

[COLOR=Red]I went with Sound and Fire.

Without sound, I'd watch people talk to me, and I wouldnt understand a single thing, plus music is basically organized sound. And me without music, is like two hydrogen atoms without the oxygen atom[H2O], it's esential for life. and life without sound, means you're closer to death, cos if you're crossing the street without sound or a crosswalk, [for that matter] a drunk could be screaming down the street, you're caught in the middle and.....Do I have to go on?

I also chose fire, cos, I find it relaxing....weather it's a burning car or forest, I feel all this stress just wash away with the flames. And the aftermath of Ashes is very nice to look at, in my opinion.

I've lit a couple things aflame....

A shrub.

Pile of tires.

Wood.

A friend's hair.

The list goes on.

I want to burn down a house.

But I cant carry a lighter/matches with meas long as I'd like, cos I'm almost always at school.

Leon Fury = Pyro in the making.

Thank you for your time.

Leon.[/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=Blue]If I had to choose a favorite element it would be water. Water is free, moving as if it were alive. You can put your hands through it yet it has the strength to tear down mountains and sculp canyons. I also like how it changes: flowing and graceful to hard and smooth as stone carved by a river for years. It gives us life as it takes life, as seen in storms, like it has a mind of its own. I also love wind and light, wind because it also flows and tears away but you can not hold it-it has no texture or feeling, light because it brings both day and night, day when light is seen everywhere, and night when light is seen when you look up at the stars and moon and ponder your hopes and dreams. The best feeling I have ever had is by a creek, looking up to the stars while I feel a gentle breeze blowing on me as if just to make me perfectly cool. It gives me peace to run my hands through some water, more when it is clear and in it you can look at yourself as if you were looking into your soul, night surrounding you. It gives me pleasure, not just to look up at the stars, but to look down, into a clear creek, and see what hovers so closely over me, as if watching me while I what them. Though it seems as if I love dark, I do not. I love the stars and the light they give off, and I love the wind, patting on me like a close friend, and I love the water, giving me hopes and dreams. Water is amazing, I turns into three of the four types of matter, though it looks like the fourth type, plasma.[/COLOR]

Guest Rurouni
my favoite element is water because they say water has the power to heal and water the only element that can be a solid and a luqid

• 2 weeks later...