OtakuBoards

What quote do you live by?

PaganAngel

Guest Stafal-chan
Mine would be "Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some good ideas!" ^_^ hahaha i'm not sure who wrote it i read it off a mug in a store once... ^_^

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's not really a quote to live by, but it's a quote I stand by, it's:

"I do not think much of the man who is not wiser today than what he was yesterday" - Abraham Lincoln.

I mean, we learn new things every day, and if you are not wiser today than what you were yesterday, then there is not much to be thought of you.

[B]"Life is ours, we live it our way"[/B] - to me this quote serves as a reminder that Life is mone to live, I should decide how to live it, and not let myself be dictated to by some pompous fool claiming to be serving a 'higher power' or 'greater good'. Live by your own ethical code (within the laws of civilised society) not by a code enforced upon you by someone else.

[B]"I mustn't run away."[/B] Just about everyone on the boards should know this one - it's a bit cliche, but it's message about always confronting problems, rather than running from them is a s ound one.

SunfallE said:
[QUOTE]One should forgive one?s enemies, but not before they are hanged.[/QUOTE]

I follow this one two, although its possible that my interpretation is a bit different. The way i see it, if someone messes with you, make them go through judgement before you forgive them. A basic example would be what some people call the "silent treatment" (or ignoring them completly). This causes misery to the person who has wronged you. Therefore, you are putting them through a pennance of sorts before you forgive them.

Theres also something cheasy my friend told me once which goes:

"a flaw only becomes a weakness if you refuse to acknowledge it". This can be interpreted as know yourself or work on your flaws. This may seem like a strange one (due to my explanation). Still, thats one more flaw i need to improve (people skills :animeswea ).

[FONT=Garamond][COLOR=DarkRed][B]"Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't."[/B]

Certainly not a quote to live by, and it could be viewed with humor. To me it I think it means that you cannot always assume anything is going to turn out the way you expect or even know as fact. I may be reading into it too.

And another quote about life from George Carlin:

[B]"You are all going to die, I hate to remind you, but it is on your schedules."[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Guest Pixie_rich
I live by two simple quotes. The first one I dont know who wrote it but I think it is a very good quote and I live by it daily "What does age matter when love is involved?" I really like how it breaks boundries in the way society thinks, who decided that it should be looked down on for you to be happy? I mean if I love someone what does age matter? My second quote I live by is just as powerful its by the fantastic 4's awesome THING! "ITS CLOBBERING TIME!" <_<

Another of my favorite quotes is from Final Fantasy X: "Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel, but it is life." Auron meant it literally, but it still can have meaning in the real world. Life hurts sometimes, and sometimes it could be easier to shut yourself away in "the dream world", but that's the coward's way out. Even if it hurts, you still have to live. You can't run away from reality.

Well....I live by many quotes (one being the muse and me used in my sig below..... *laughs*)...and here is one of my favorites....

King Arthur: NI.
Sir Bedevere: NOU.
King Arthur: No, NI.
Sir Bedevere: NOU.
King Arthur: No No, NI... NI.
Sir Bedevere: No, No, No, No... NI.

:animesmil :p :laugh:

"I don't have ADHD, I just have all the symptoms." Great words from a great person, me!

"The ones we desire most are the fires of our lives. They attract us, control us, confine us. We long to be close to them, but when we reach out to touch them, they burn us." Great words to live by, by once again me!

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]The quote I live by is ?[COLOR=RoyalBlue]A dog is the only thing on Earth that will love you more than you love yourself[/COLOR].? I love this quote since no matter what my day has been like I always get to look forward to coming home to my dog. It?s cheesy but true; when I?m sick or upset it never makes any difference she always loves me. And it never fails to make me feel better. ^_~ [/COLOR]

"There are other things in life more important than money. Unfortunately they're all really expensive"

-Unknown

another one of my favorites quotes is from a close friend of mine:

"Perfection is a state of mind"

I live by two quotes.

"I'd much rather be hated for who I am than be loved for who I am not." That's something a lot of people forget and I have forgotten once before.

"When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and have the world wonder how you did it." I always try and look at thing in so many different ways and try to do things in ways people wouldn't imagine.

In other words, they both say be different by being yourself.

I've gone by a saying that my grandmother taught me going up.

"Always shot for the moon, cause if you miss you'll still land among the stars."

I like to try for everything and always try to look at the out come with a positive light. No point in getting yourself upset. The energy you waste getting all upset and in a fit over something could be spent making up for falling short, by getting better.

I have 2 quotes that I try to live my life by, the first came from aeon flux - "light, in the abcence of eyes illuminates nothing. whats the point of doing somthing memorable if no one is there to see it. The second, i made up myself, if I cannot find a path i will make one

I have a personal favourite one 'If not found out then a Lie becomes the Truth' which I heard from Suikoden 2 and was said by Captian Rowd. It's such at true saying even though I don't personally live by it. I thought it's so true as when lied to enough and not discovering it's a lie then we consider it the truth.

I do however believe in this quote, by someone whose name escapes me
"Even at his most powerless, Man's existence is never without meaning."
If you cannot understand this then you should smack yourself around the head.

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; but a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, It is a thing to be acheived."
-- William Jennings Bryan

It shows that you have strive for your goals in order for them to happen. Life isn't going to unfold for you without any effort on your part.

"Take your work seriously and yourself lightly."
-- Bob Nelson

Basically, don't let your job (or the task at hand) make you a jerk.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far"
-- Theodore Roosevelt

Don't talk just to hear yourself. Listen while you can, but make it known when you speak.

Guest earthfire
He has shown thee, O man, what is good, and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with your God?

Micah 6:8

"live your life with no regrets because the good things that happen to you today may have not happened when you made those mistakes" unknown
i don't know who said it but my sis would always say it to me.it helps get past my tough times and whenever i have bad luck i always look on the bright side
"think about today don't think about what is going to happen in the future today is more important then whatever happens tommorrow" unknown
another one by my sis this one helps with me worrying about my friends and what is going to happen to us i get scared sometimes thinking that one day they could be gone
"a scattered dream is like a far off memory a far off memory is like a scattered dream i wanna line the pieces up both yours and mine"kingdom hearts 2-roxas
this quote always tells me and my friends that even though memories will fade we can never forget

"Life is like a the old yellow bus, if you miss it, it's history." Carolyn Arends

"Seize the day, seize whatever you can, cause life slips away just like hour glass sand." Carolyn Arends

"Remember the past, live in the present, and make your own future."

"Dream like you're going to live forever
Live like you're going to die tomorrow
Dance like nobody is watching
Love like it's never going to hurt" TigerFantasy17, I know it's your quote from you sig but it's something I live by and I want everyone to know that!

"If you and your brother have a plank in your eye, remove your own plank before trying to remove his."

"I live my life for four groups of people, my family, my friends, my enemies, and my lord. Not for myself."

And though it's not a big life message kind of quote, I feel the need to post it.

"If you expect the unexepcted, wouldn't the unexcepted be the excepted? So, you unexcept the unexcepted and except the excepted. Wait, what?"