OtakuBoards

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Desbreko

[quote name='haku877']Yes, unfortunately C.F is out.and so is Gannondorf .
Only 2? no no no, they removed a lot more as it seems so far.[/QUOTE]

Unconfirmed. Remamber, we thought [strike]hoped and prayed[/strike] that the Ice Climbers were out, and there they are. I doubt they'd axe a fan favorite like Falcon, especially since he's been there since N64 and has no obvious possible replacement (a la Ness, but I'm thinking Ness will stay, too.)

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Erika][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="Purple"]I really hope they have a much better screenshot'ing mode. I hated Melee's a lot. <:l[/COLOR][/FONT'][/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]No need to worry. [URL="http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various07.html"][COLOR="Blue"]They do.[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT]

[quote name='Desbreko'][COLOR=#4b0082]Just because a character hasn't been shown on Smash Bros. Dojo doesn't mean they won't return in SSBB. I'm betting most of the SSBM characters will be returning, considering that all of the SSB characters made the jump to SSBM before.[/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Oooh thanks Desbreko. I never played SSBM so I didn't know what characters they had in there and which they didn't.

Well, characters removed or not I can't wait to try out the level builder. How about you guys?

I can't wait to make my own stages and see what everyone else comes up with too.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aceburner']Unconfirmed. Remamber, we thought [strike]hoped and prayed[/strike] that the Ice Climbers were out, and there they are. I doubt they'd axe a fan favorite like Falcon, especially since he's been there since N64 and has no obvious possible replacement (a la Ness, but I'm thinking Ness will stay, too.)[/QUOTE]

No. The whole thing said copy characters were taken out, and some others,but some stayed.

[quote name='haku877']No. The whole thing said copy characters were taken out, and some others,but some stayed.[/QUOTE]

It said there weren't going to be any clones. Falcon was the original Ganondorf, so he stays. Ganondorf would definitely benefit from a tweaked movelist, anyway. He could easily make it back in (his FS would probably be really similar to Bowser's though.)

Oh Snap!

Captain Olimar and his group of Pikmin joins the Brawl!

[IMG]http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pikmin/pikmin.jpg[/IMG]

I hope that he won’t be too confusing to play as and hopefully he will blend in naturally with all of the other characters.

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][quote name='Treble']
[IMG]http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pikmin/pikmin.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
You know I really hope you get the ability to throw Pikmin at foes. I know it was a lot of fun taking down enemies by throwing guy after guy at them and I think it would be just great to be able to do that to my friends, lol.

Has anyone else heard anything about this rumored delay? Apparently some sites (and my friend who works at EB says their computers say the same) are changing the release date from Feb. 10 to different days in March. I refuse to believe it's true since the Dojo still says February and last time there was a delay they made it a big update and whatnot. I hope it doesn't happen but knowing Nintendo it just might. :([/COLOR][/FONT]

Delay....

EEEEEYAAAAAAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAAAAAARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!1.

*deep breath* Hope not. That would seriously be unfun. There's only two characters I would forgive another delay for. Cel-shaded Link is doubtful and Earthworm Jim is next to impossible.

By the way, anyone got some seriously strange character recommendations to report? Phoenix Wright seems to be getting a following, but the most combat I've seen him in is getting owned by a corrupt CEO and being on the business end of a whip and a [spoiler]tazer.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Shinmaru'][URL="http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html"][B]It's official. Smash Bros. Brawl is delayed. Again.[/B][/URL]

Figures this happens right after I pre-order it. :([/quote]
NOOOOO!!!!! WTF, DAMN IT ALL!!!!!11

This has to be some sort of sick, twisted joke. I just recently paid off the pre-order I made back in July, and I was sooooo ready for it to come out next month. ~_~ Now I have to wait until Spring classes are just starting to give their first exams. lol :p

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]Phoenix could be in as a support character- he could 'Object' to someone's last move or KO or Final Smash and reverse the last few seconds of action. That would be interesting.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Sure, I'd be fine with support. Makes perfect sense. I just can't think of a full movelist for him. Then again, Captain Falcon sat in a car in all his games, so it may work.

[COLOR=#503F86]I don't think he has enough diversity for a complete moveset, unfortunately. I've not played any Ace Attorney games- all I've seen are screenshots and stuff. He doesn't have a briefcase he could whack people with, does he?

I've told myself I'm not allowed to buy Brawl until I've finished the first draft of my book. Which is fine, because it doesn't look like it'll be out in the UK anytime this side of July anyway.[/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]I had a feeling it might get delayed again. Not too surprising.

Sheik's new character model looks pretty badass, I gotta say. But I have to wonder why there was a design drafted of her for Twilight Princess. Were they originally planning on another Sheik character being in the game...?

Anyway, I now want to see (or better yet, be a part of) a match between Sheik, Snake, Zero Suit Samus, and Captain Falcon. It would be an epic war of skin tight clothing.[/color]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/zelda/zelda_080121b-l.jpg[/IMG]
[FONT=Arial][B]Hellz yeah.[/B][/FONT][/CENTER]

[FONT=Arial]Also, apparently [URL="http://www.brawlcentral.com/"][COLOR="Blue"]Lucario is confirmed for Brawl[/COLOR][/URL]? What the??[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][CENTER][IMG]http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/zelda/zelda_080121b-l.jpg[/IMG]
[FONT=Arial][B]Hellz yeah.[/B][/FONT][/CENTER]

[FONT=Arial]Also, apparently [URL="http://www.brawlcentral.com/"][COLOR="Blue"]Lucario is confirmed for Brawl[/COLOR][/URL]? What the??[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Yeah, Light Arrows are freakin' sweet. I was kind of hoping for Sheik to have a separate Final Smash, but this is good.

Lucario, huh? Works for me. One of the only Gen4 Pokemon I don't find useless/ugly/generic.

Hey all! sorry just got my internet back^_^

New stages, characters, everything.

I love the Mushroomy kingdom, scroll feature and alternate stage!

and OLIMAR!!!!!!!!! i was just telling my friend when it was announced, that olimar should be in it, and he is!!!

well its good to be back

[color=#4B0082]Zomg real gameplay footage up on Smash Bros. Dojo. Too bad Sonic is the only new character shown besides a tiny bit of Zero Suit Samus.

For those too lazy to go view the page, they were doing a wifi play test between Nintendo HQ in Kyoto and the Tokyo offices where SSBB is being developed. Apparently the distance is about the same as between Los Angeles and Las Vegas. It's hard to really tell if there was any lag without actually playing but I didn't see anything obvious except for one time that I'm not sure of. When Mario gets hit by the bumper (at :40 on the match timer) I can't tell if there's a delay in him getting hit or if the bumper just landed in front of him and then he walked forward into it.

Also of note: I don't like Sonic's voice when he taunts. However, the countdown at the end of the match and then the slow-mo effect after it finishes is pretty awesome.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]Oh cool, I hadn't seen that. Ike looks good but slooow. It looked like his big hits had a delay on them, like meteor smashes do. And he's certainly no replacement for Marth. Roy, sure, but I still [i]really[/i] want to see Marth return. Snake also looks pretty awesome, I can't wait to try him out.

Kirby's final smash looks cheap as hell. But then, if they kept his move set the same as in SSBM (which it looks like they mostly did), I guess he needed [i]something[/i] to make him not suck so bad.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082]Kirby's final smash looks cheap as hell. But then, if they kept his move set the same as in SSBM (which it looks like they mostly did), I guess he needed [i]something[/i'] to make him not suck so bad.[/color][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I heard that Kirby got KO'd right after using his Final during some demo-testing; apparently, the items that popped out were all Starman, and his opponents were all rendered invincible when they got loose again.

It seems to be more effective when used higher up, since the pot appeared right beside Kirby when he activated his Final. I mean, Mario was KO'd off the ceiling almost instantly.

Anyway, Ike does look like an interesting variation on the Fire Emblem crew. He still has Counter, which makes him useful to me, and I really want to know what Quick Draw is. And yeah, my gosh are his initiations slow. His aerials look nasty.

Sonic's homing spin looks devilish. I like. I also like the sheer speed of Zero Suit Samus; apparently her Final allows her to regain her power suit??

I wish they'd shown some Meta Knight.[/FONT]