OtakuBoards

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Desbreko

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ack! You all post to fast and don't even give me a chance to. ; _ ;

Yeah in other ways with the whole power ups thing. Even though they only showed you the ones from Link, Mario, and Kirby. I still wonder what are they going to have for pikachu, probaly a thunder strike thats so big it actually causes people to almost explode? Who knows, I still wonder if Kirby is going to eat the people that he cooks, no just suck them up and take the powers like he almost always does. But actually eat them, that would be intresting.

In other news I want to know who the other characters are. I will give money out to who knows these things.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some pics of Snake in Smash Brothers:

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara5/img/photo_l2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara5/img/photo_l3.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

How do you sneak up on somebody if they can see the same screen you're viewing?
I'm reminded of when I played Reptile from Mortal Kombat.

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS']I foresee if the Wiimote (I love that name!) is used in for gameplay, a lot of people will get hurt... :animedepr [/COLOR][/quote]I was wondering about that even before E3'06. When Miyamoto and Iwata were playing Tennis on stage, it dawned on me that a large room may be needed for having the most fun on this console for certain games... which leads me to worry about how well it can do in the country without any space to spare, Japan.

-r2

[QUOTE=r2vq]How do you sneak up on somebody if they can see the same screen you're viewing?
I'm reminded of when I played Reptile from Mortal Kombat.[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]You use the cardboard box. They'll never seen it coming. :p

I kind of imagine Snake will play something like a cross between Sheik and Ganondorf, with a few projectiles thrown in for good measure. Snake doesn't strike me as being one of the slow characters, yet at the same time he often finishes people off in one go, so he also comes across as being powerful. But having both would be overpowered, so I think he'll end up being somewhere in the middle; maybe similar to how Samus plays.

If that's the case, I'll be happy. I've always liked the somewhat balanced characters such as Link, Samus, Mario, Marth, and Roy. Hyper-fast movement with tons of weak hits strung together isn't my thing, but neither is being too slow to combo much at all. I like to beat people across the platform while putting them through my combos.

Speaking of which, I really hope they return Pikachu to his former glory. He just needs his moveset from the original SSB (none of these stupid multi-hit moves like his backwards air kick and down+A in SSBM) and I'll be ready to rock on him again. In SSB, he was similar to what Marth is in SSBM; he was balanced between speed and power, though weighted more towards speed, and with good comboing abilities. In SSBM they made him slightly faster but then took away most of his hard-hitting moves and made him easier to KO, which isn't even close to a fair trade.

Stages I also hope to see returning: Saffron City from SSB, Hyrule Castle from SSB, Onett from SSBM, and Temple from SSBM. Those four are my favorites out of the past two games' levels. . . . And they better not give us another stupid Battlefield clone as a classic stage, like they did with the classic Kirby level in SSBM.[/color]

[font=tahoma][color=#555555]I love battlefield... :(

For those of you that don't know, they updated the Dojo site with Snake's character profile. It's nothing special, but they have three new pictures (2 of which Charles posted here) and a short little blurb about him being revealed at E3.

I'm assuming the cardboard box will be Snake's shield. So, when I told me friend this, the only thing he could think of was what Wario's shield would be. He came up with this:

[quote name='My friend (not word for word)']Okay, so basically, the player presses the shield button and you just see like Wario stop in his tracks, clench his fists and starts grunting. All of the sudden this like.. green gas just makes a circle around him and any player that walks into it faints.[/quote]

It was funnier in person. But damn, that's ingenious. xP[/font][/color]

[quote name='White][font=tahoma][color=#555555]I love battlefield... :([/font'][/color][/quote][color=#4B0082]So do I. But when we have not only Battlefield, but also Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, and the classic SSB Green Greens, you have to ask yourself: Why? All three of those other stages only have slight changes that separate them from the plain Battlefield level. Why couldn't they have given us a great classic stage like Saffron City instead of the cookie cutter Green Greens?

Battlefield is great, but not great enough to warrent having four copies of it. I hope they've learned that from SSBM.[/color]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Yeah, that's true.

You know, I hope they get rid of Poke Floats. That stage did nothing but piss me off. I hate it with a passion. Also, I was just playing SSBM when I came across Young Link. Since Link has the Twilight graphics, I guess Young Link will too. And I'm not sure it suits him very well.

I'll have to see it for myself, I guess.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#990066][size=1]I just wish they'd get rid of that damn Jigglypuff!! SERIOUSLY. It's a boring fighter, and that KO attack it does is stupid and hard to pull off anyways, and I'd rather play as Pikachu or better yet, Mewtwo.

They shouldn't even have Pichu. It's a complete waste of a fighter. They could've had Blastoise or something (who could fight like Bowser, and Hydro Pump can be like a charged attack like Samus's gun).

*sigh* ...I really hope they have better Pokemon this time. And I'm really tired of seeing the same old faces.

As for the levels, I don't mind anything at all, I'll fight just about anywhere.[/size][/color]

[QUOTE=Erika][color=#990066][size=1]I just wish they'd get rid of that damn Jigglypuff!! SERIOUSLY. It's a boring fighter, and that KO attack it does is stupid and hard to pull off anyways, and I'd rather play as Pikachu or better yet, Mewtwo.

They shouldn't even have Pichu. It's a complete waste of a fighter. They could've had Blastoise or something (who could fight like Bowser, and Hydro Pump can be like a charged attack like Samus's gun).[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[color=darkred]That's one thing I've always found annoying with SSB. But, for me, it's not so much the fact that they're crappy characters, it's just that I find it pretty boring how the game boasts having plenty of unlockable characters, when some of them are pretty much the same, with a few differences, such as Ganondorf and Captain Falcon.

I hated it in SSBM when a "new" character would come along and challenge me out of nowhere, and it turned out to be someone like Marth, Pichu, or Doctor Mario, when I already had Roy, Pikachu, and Mario. I'd like to really be wowed by the new characters in SSBB, like the way GameandWatch did it for me.[/color]

[QUOTE=Bombu][color=darkred]That's one thing I've always found annoying with SSB. But, for me, it's not so much the fact that they're crappy characters, it's just that I find it pretty boring how the game boasts having plenty of unlockable characters, when some of them are pretty much the same, with a few differences, such as Ganondorf and Captain Falcon.

I hated it in SSBM when a "new" character would come along and challenge me out of nowhere, and it turned out to be someone like Marth, Pichu, or Doctor Mario, when I already had Roy, Pikachu, and Mario. I'd like to really be wowed by the new characters in SSBB, like the way GameandWatch did it for me.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Heres the truth. Their really are no exact clones of chacters in SSB they are chacters with similar movesets but totally diffrent stats. For instance Pichu is much faster than pikachu and has a stronger B^ move. Jigglypuff is certainly not a bad chacter its just people never took the time to use her since shes well.....jigglypuff. She and kirby are the only ones with superior extended jumps.Making her not complelty useless. Also Marth and Roy are nothing alike Roy is alot more power oriented than Marth. Despite this being said I wouldnt mind Pichu or Dr Mario taken out they arent exact clones but I rather have complelty diffrent chacters like Pit and MedaKnight take their place.I also want Ganondorf with a sword.It was a little strange using him without one[/COLOR].

[quote name='Hunter DX][COLOR=DarkGreen]Heres the truth. Their really are no exact clones of chacters in SSB they are chacters with similar movesets but totally diffrent stats. For instance Pichu is much faster than pikachu and has a stronger B^ move. Jigglypuff is certainly not a bad chacter its just people never took the time to use her since shes well.....jigglypuff. She and kirby are the only ones with superior extended jumps.Making her not complelty useless. Also Marth and Roy are nothing alike Roy is alot more power oriented than Marth. Despite this being said I wouldnt mind Pichu or Dr Mario taken out they arent exact clones but I rather have complelty diffrent chacters like Pit and MedaKnight take their place.I also want Ganondorf with a sword.It was a little strange using him without one[/COLOR'].[/quote]

[color=#990066][size=1]Agreed there. Though I don't consider floating around that great. D: Jigglypuff almost has the same hand-to-hand combat moves as Kirby, and can put opponents to sleep. THAT'S IT. And that one KO move but I'd rather not even waste my time with it.

Sure it adds more variety (no, not you Jigglypuff, now go rot somewhere), but Pichu is just...ugh. Hardly anyone uses him and a lot of his attacks hurt him anyway.

And to me, in a fighting game, it's not that there's crappy characters, it's how you play them. *nodnod* I can easily win with something like Jigglypuff or Pichu, but I don't because well...they're not much fun to use.

Ganondorf all the way. O:[/size][/color]

[quote name='Hunter DX][COLOR=DarkGreen]Heres the truth. Their really are no exact clones of chacters in SSB they are chacters with similar movesets but totally diffrent stats. For instance Pichu is much faster than pikachu and has a stronger B^ move. Jigglypuff is certainly not a bad chacter its just people never took the time to use her since shes well.....jigglypuff. She and kirby are the only ones with superior extended jumps.Making her not complelty useless. Also Marth and Roy are nothing alike Roy is alot more power oriented than Marth. Despite this being said I wouldnt mind Pichu or Dr Mario taken out they arent exact clones but I rather have complelty diffrent chacters like Pit and MedaKnight take their place.I also want Ganondorf with a sword.It was a little strange using him without one[/COLOR'].[/quote]

[color=darkred]Yeah, I know there are no clones in SSB, as I said in my previous post. My argument stands because basically I'm from a different target audience from say, you or Erika. I don't play SSB competitively, and I know for sure that if I ever did play any of you, I'd get whipped. I pretty much play the game because I enjoy the atmosphere it produces -- you know, multiplayer with mates, the chance to see loads of Nintendo characters at it all at once, the cool stages, and the mini games.

So, from my perspective I get fed up seeing Marth and Roy, Link and Young Link, or Piikachu and Pichu, because I'd prefer a much more varied set-up of characters, where as those who play the game competitively would welcome characters like Captain Falcon and Ganondorf, because of the technical differences. I don't really care if they're crap or not.[/color]

[QUOTE=Bombu][color=darkred]Yeah, I know there are no clones in SSB, as I said in my previous post. My argument stands because basically I'm from a different target audience from say, you or Erika. I don't play SSB competitively, and I know for sure that if I ever did play any of you, I'd get whipped. I pretty much play the game because I enjoy the atmosphere it produces -- you know, multiplayer with mates, the chance to see loads of Nintendo characters at it all at once, the cool stages, and the mini games.

So, from my perspective I get fed up seeing Marth and Roy, Link and Young Link, or Piikachu and Pichu, because I'd prefer a much more varied set-up of characters, where as those who play the game competitively would welcome characters like Captain Falcon and Ganondorf, because of the technical differences. I don't really care if they're crap or not.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]No worries you have to be really hardcore to notce these things. Yes the chacters are still to simialr for my likieng as well. Althoguh YL IMO is much better than Link as is Roy better than Marth.

I wouldnt mind seeing some of the way to simialir chacters(Dr Mario,Pichu) removed in place of better ones. Its a little unrealitsic to expect them to bring over all the chacters back in. So I except Dr Mario,Pichu,Young Link, to be removed from the final cut. To be replaced with chacters like Snake, Pit, and Medaknight. Which I have no problems with seeing as I would like totaly new chacters in place ofthe similair chacters[/COLOR].

[color=#4B0082]Personally, I like the idea of the "clones," if not all of the actual characters themselves. I love both the Marth/Roy and Falcon/Ganondorf pairs, and it's fun to be able to have another character with a similar move set but weighted differently in terms of power/speed and whatnot. It adds more depth to the game, just in a different way than having more unique characters.

Of course, I defintely want to see more completely original characters, but I wouldn't mind seeing more clones at the same time. I mean, you've got a total of 25 characters in SSBM and 6 are clones. That's only a little over a fifth of your total selection, and 19 characters is already on par with most fighting games out there. So I wouldn't be at all unhappy if they kept that ratio for SSBB.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]^^^^Same here clones never bothred me. But if it comes down to having a completly new chacter or a clone like one. I rather have a brand new chacter to add some diversty to the game. I would rather they keep all the chacters from Melee and add them to Brawl althoguh it seems unlikely that they will bring back everyone[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]I think Nintendo has a nack for going from 16-bit to... whatever they are now
[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I refer to their current bit level as a hell of a lot.

I for one was amazed at the level of detail on some characters and was actually suprised that they included Snake who has never had a Nintendo exclusive game (Maybe the original Metal Gear series{Not entirely sure of their console} and the 2D game on Game Boy Color but that one sucked) It would make more sense if they included someone like Diddy Kong since the rights to the Kongs were bought by Nintendo.

Does anyone else think that since Link is going with the look in his upcoming gane, DO you think that Young Link might actually get the 'Cel-da' look?

[QUOTE=PWNED]

I for one was amazed at the level of detail on some characters and was actually suprised that they included Snake who has never had a Nintendo exclusive game (Maybe the original Metal Gear series{Not entirely sure of their console} and the 2D game on Game Boy Color but that one sucked) [/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Snake stared in Twin Snakes for the GC.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Does anyone else think that since Link is going with the look in his upcoming gane, DO you think that Young Link might actually get the 'Cel-da' look?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]I was actually thinking of that. It would be pretty cool to have cel shaded link included.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Hunter DX']I cant wait for this one. I think they incorprated special attacks into this game like Kirby cooking people alive.And Links Triforce Slash. this game is the reason im picking up the Wii.[/quote]

The Wii is an incredible console. i'm kinda pissed at Sony for copying Nintendo for the whole "motion-sensor" concept. i cant wait for SSB:Brawl! the new characters look awesome! i cant believe that [spoiler]Solid Snake[/spoiler] is gonna be in it! but i hope that the game has a ton of more secret characters like Melee did.

Damn, the new Samus looks soooo hot!!!

[quote name='PWNED']Does anyone else think that since Link is going with the look in his upcoming gane, DO you think that Young Link might actually get the 'Cel-da' look?[/quote]

[color=darkred]Ack, I can see it now: I've already unlocked three different kinds of Link, and then all of a sudden I get a "A new challenger approaches!1!1", only for it to be Cell Link. -_-

Man, that would be so annoying.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]I think having a cel shaded Link in SSBB like there's Link and Young Link in SSBB now would be awesome. Items like the Grappling Hook would be great fun (grab, swing, and throw kind of like Mario's backwards throw?), and there's also lots of other ways (Hurricane Spin anyone?) that they could differentiate him from the Twilight Princess style Link.

Two Links is enough, though, so I think if a cel shaded style one was added that it should replace Young Link. No big loss, I'd say, considering YL loses three big assets (power, range, and the ground spin attack as a KO move) in exchange for only a slightly increase in speed and boomerang control. I've played a lot on both and Young Link definitely gets the short end of the stick in that deal.

One idea I've heard for reducing the annoyance of having clones while still keeping them around, though, is to have them combined in the same character as the original. So, like changing costume color in SSBM, you'd just switch from the TP style to the cel shaded style Link after selecting Link. The question of whether or not you'd have to unlock the clones separately from the originals would still be up in the air, but either way, I think it's a pretty good idea and wouldn't mind seeing it used in SSBB.[/color]

[QUOTE=Hunter DX][COLOR=DarkGreen]Snake stared in Twin Snakes for the GC.[/COLOR]
[/QUOTE]
What I mean is that Metal Gear Solid has not had a Nintendo exclusive for quite a while (PS2 got both Twin Snakes and Substance) and he isn't a Nintendo owned character. That is why I was suprised by his inclusion.

[quote name='PWNED']What I mean is that Metal Gear Solid has not had a Nintendo exclusive for quite a while (PS2 got both Twin Snakes and Substance) and he isn't a Nintendo owned character. That is why I was suprised by his inclusion.[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Um no... Twin Snakes was a GC exclusive it did not appear on the PS2 and its not that old of a game. The reasons hes in is that Kojima requested it. And seeing how hes good friend with the creators they gave Snake a spot. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Hunter DX][COLOR=DarkGreen']Um no... Twin Snakes was a GC exclusive it did not appear on the PS2 and its not that old of a game. The reasons hes in is that Kojima requested it. And seeing how hes good friend with the creators they gave Snake a spot. [/COLOR][/quote][COLOR=Navy]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I think PWNED means that Twin Snakes is a remade of the PS1 one game, so technically it's not Nintendo exclusive.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I think PWNED means that Twin Snakes is a remade of the PS1 one game, so technically it's not Nintendo exclusive.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I thoguht an exclusive meant it was only for that console. Even thoguh Twin Snakes was a remake I count it as a completly new game. That only laucnhed on the GC. So we could go into this whole debate what makes games exclusives but that would throw this thread off topic.

Is Zero suit samus a completly new chacter or a transformatiion like Zelda/Sheik?

[color=#4B0082]Snake's appearance in SSBB, even though he hasn't had many games on Nintendo consoles since the NES, is a good thing for Nintendo, considering it can only draw in more people who may not have played Super Smash Bros. before. (Like all those people who got a PS2 instead of a GCN.) So I'm not at all suprised that Nintendo agreed to put Snake in the game, and I wouldn't be suprised to see Nintendo add other third party characters either in SSBB or future SSB games, provided other developers are interested in having their characters in Smash Bros.

As for Samus, the official site has this to say:[/color]

[quote]This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit.[/quote][color=#4B0082]So it's definitely a transformation like Zelda/Sheik. But what I'm wondering is if you can switch between standard and Zero Suit modes at will, also like Zelda/Sheik, or if once you switch you're stuck as Zero Suit Samus for the rest of the fight. I'm hoping for the first (or at least for some way to get your power suit back), especially if the suit is removed simply by firing a fully charged beam shot.[/color]