OtakuBoards

Frequently Asked Questions

Petie

[color=#4B0082]Go to My Settings and on the first page that comes up you can check the [i]Notify me on the board when I get a new personal message[/i] box to have it pop up a notification when you log in if you've got any new PMs. Click [i]Save Changes[/i] and then click on the [i]Profile[/i] tab and you can also use the [i]Comment Notification Type[/i] drop-down menu to have it notify you via PM whenever a comment is posted on your profile.[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen, but the site seems to sign me out a lot. I always click the 'Remember Me' box, but whenever I so much as leave the site for a couple minutes to check something else (too lazy to open another tab), I have to sign in all over again. It's not really a big problem, but it gets annoying after a while... I seem to remember that the old OB would keep me logged in even if I was gone for 3 weeks or something, so is this new?

[color=#4B0082]Try the stuff in [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/44311-official-otakuboards-xl-bugs-topic/page__view__findpost__p__694211]this post[/url]. Also, if you use a bookmark to get to OB, make sure that its URL is www.otakuboards.com, not otakuboards.com. The log in cookies will only work if the www. is included, so if you leave the site and then come back through a bookmark without it, it'll appear that you've been logged out until you click a link on the site, which will add the www. back onto the URL..[/color]

• 9 months later...
I'm a little baffled about something - and I dearly hope I'm posting this at the right place. Okay, I know where to go to change my signature and I have the 'Edit Signature' screen open - but I'm not sure how to get one there. I created a signature using Photoshop and saved it on my computer - but there doesn't seem to be a way to post [i]that[/i] image into my signature. So, my question is, how do I get the image currently saved in 'my pictures' into my signature?

It's probably going to be something so obvious that I'll feel like a real idiot when I'm told, but I would appreciate any and all help.

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]If by that you mean a way to directly upload your image into the signature, I'm afraid we no longer do that. You'll have to use an image hosting site, such as Tinypic, Photobucket, or Imageshack, and paste the code into your sig. You can use the IMG tags provided on those sites, or you can simply copy/paste the URL onto the IMG tag option here.

Hope that helps~![/font][/color]

Thank you very much, Sangome - it did help. Honestly I figured it would be something like that, but I wasn't sure which websites worked for that and wanted to be sure I had it right before I tried anything funny.

- Thanks again