OtakuBoards

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja

azn099

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well, I got this game yesterday...my Mother and I went to four games stores to get it, and the last one only had one copy left, and I got it as the store was closing...

That was a close one...:animesigh

Anyway, I really like it. It took a bit for me to get used to, because the Clash of Ninja series is a little more fluid than this one, consideing CoN is more of a traditionally fighter. But that's a good thing, because it gives me a different feeling than that one. And if I wanted to play another game of Clash of Ninja, then I would probably...play Clash of Ninja... :animeswea

I like the going different planes of the stage, and the ability to run up walls and walk on water were a nice touch. I was fighting Sasuke on the water, and out of nowhere, while he was blocking my attacks, he such fell in and lost the match. It took a while for me to realize he run out of chakra, but I thought that was awesome. :)

The Ouji- I mean "Secret Attacks" are extremely wicked, and Rock Lee's make me the most happy...But they said that the game would have two secret characters that weren't in the original, but it turns out that they're [spoiler]Kyuubi Naruto and Curse Seal Sasuke.[/spoiler] I didn't unlock them yet, I read it on the interweb, so yeah.

The only thing that was weird to me, was hearing to dub voices saying the justu names in the dub translate, considering they say things differently than what they would say directly from japanese, but I was expecting that.

I'll make a list of the "jootsus" later, so those who watch the dub (all four of us... :rolleyes: ) will know what to expect. Oh, and yes Naruto says "Believe it." A lot.

[SIZE=1]Believe it...[/SIZE] :animeshy: [/FONT] [/COLOR]

This game rocks hard. I just got it and I love it :love2: It does have the really popular Naruto characters except some people think that Ino should be a character that is available to fight with :p but Even though she isn't there are still at least to girl characters to fight with :animesmil .

The details to this game are very distinguished and they look great.I really like the stage shift when it takes you to a new place.That's one of the best things about it.Especially going to the Forest Of Death. :catgirl:

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='Azarath']This game rocks hard. I just got it and I love it :love2: It does have the really popular Naruto characters except some people think that Ino should be a character that is available to fight with :p but Even though she isn't there are still at least to girl characters to fight with :animesmil .[/quote]

Just wait 'til the next one. ;)

I just wanted to add, the only problem I have with, is the Kawirimi no Jutsu (Substitution Jutsu). It's not the game's fault though, but in Clash of Ninja, after you get hit, or while your flying threw the air, you can kawarimi. but in this one, oyu have to do it right before you get hit...

I just have to get used to it, considering I don't think you get hurt like in Clash of Ninja.[/FONT][/COLOR]

You don't have to do it before you get hit.When your flying through the air and their about to hit you or kick you you can do it while you have the chance .Like when they pause right before they hit you or you can have the scroll that gives you the substitution jutsu effect.DUH!!!!!! :rolleyes:

And no.You don't get hurt like in Clash of Ninja which is good because then it would be way boring. :catgirl:

Ultimate Ninja is probably the best Naruto game I've seen yet.
I like Ninja Council for GBA, but it doesn't compare to U.N
I tried out C.O.N before, and I wasn't too into it, unfortunately.

I like Ultimate Ninja because the graphics are great, the controls are easy to handle, there's a great character selection, and all the moves are awesome.

I haven't gotten too far yet, I've managed to unlock Neji and Hinata, and I'm at Chunnin level in the missions.
Too bad I've only rented it for a week... Guess I'll have to track it down and buy it!

However, characters I wish were in it are Choji, Kiba and Akamaru, Tsunade, and the Perverted Hermit (I'm meaning as playable characters).

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='KatanaViolet']However, characters I wish were in it are Choji, Kiba and Akamaru, Tsunade, and the Perverted Hermit (I'm meaning as playable characters).[/quote]

Just wait til the second one. You'll get want you wish for. Then the third one is where dreams really come true... :rolleyes: [/FONT][/COLOR]

Had this game for a few days now. It's alright, and certainly good for a laugh. However It does feel rather unfinished. A japanese audio track, more characters and an overhaul of the jutsu system are needed I think. Ah well, I guess that's what 2 and 3 will be for.

[COLOR=Blue]Can't say I've played it yet. I hear it's even better than the Gamecube Naruto game.

I don't really watch the U.S. dubbed version of Naruto. I've heard that some stuff was cut out of the U.S. version, like when Naruto accidently fell on Sasuke's mouth.
In short, I'm getting the Japanese Naruto DVDs. I saw a couple episodes of the Japanese version at my school's anime club, and it was very good.

I would like to see some more characters in the game. It seems to have about ten available characters. But I've heard lots of good things about game, and that's a good sign. I'll get around to the game just as soon as I catch up with some more of the Naruto manga.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

I got this game as soon as it came out. I think its a pretty good game, I only had a few problems with it. One was that I was dissapointed with the number of characters, of course I can understand why, with them not wanting to get ahead of the dubbed anime, but I do wish that it had had more characters. Two was that I would have liked for the game to have had more game modes.

Unfortunately for me I have not yet played the Narutimate series, but i'm sure i'll get around to it.But overall I still think that Naruto Ultimate Ninja is a game worth trying^^

[COLOR=Blue]I wanted to get some opinions on "Naruto: Ultimate Ninja." And like a moron I looked at what G4's X-Play had to say. I shouldn't have done that.
Morgan did the reveiw, and all she did was ***** about how bad Naruto is. Not just the game, she greatly dislikes the anime. She said Naruto looks like Arron Carter(Who?), had a stupid catch phrase(I agree. He dosn't do that in the manga or the Japanese version of the anime), and she did somthing that she's never done when reveiwing a anime based game. She insulted the fans. She called the Naruto fans "pathetic", and "Mentally handicapped."
Morgan, when will you ever learn? Otaku are legion.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

I can't wait to get Naruto: Ultimate Ninja, it sounds awsome from the stuff I read about it. Alot more stuff you can get in this game then the clash of ninja game for the gamecube. But I still like Naruto: Clash of Ninja though (because of how skilled I am at that game)[COLOR=DarkGreen][/COLOR]

Guest Mizukage
[font=Book Antiqua][size=2][color=darkslateblue]Naruto: Ultimate Ninja has been shown in a recent PSM review under it's "Game of the Month" section. :animestun I was quite surprised actually, since I've never expected an anime-based game to fall under that section. I have played the Narutimate Hero series but only Ultimate Ninja probably made it into the mags because it's the first PS2 Naruto game to be released in English :( From the looks of it, I'm prepared to face a bit of disappointment in playing it since I read that there'll be no Japanese audio tracks and the gameplay is similar to that of NH1. The dubbed anime of Naruto has never been aired in my country so I might not get used to it. [/color][/size][/font][font=Book Antiqua][size=2][color=#483d8b]Many characters are notably absent in the game too. I know I wouldn't like being limited to so little characters, it'll bore you in no time if you're already used to NH3. [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Book Antiqua][size=2][color=#483d8b][color=#000000][QUOTE] [/color][/color][/size][/font][font=Book Antiqua][size=2][color=#483d8b][color=#000000][font=Verdana]Originally Posted by [b]azn099[/b][/font]
[size=2][color=#483d8b][font=Verdana][color=#000000][i]It has 14 playable characters from Naruto's first season.[/i][/color][/font][/color][/size]
[/QUOTE][font=Book Antiqua][size=2][color=darkslateblue]Compare this to the amazing arsenal in Narutimate Hero 3[/color][/size][/font]
[url="http://www.shishi-rendan.com/index.php?module=nh3chars"]http://www.shishi-rendan.com/index.php?module=nh3chars[/url][/color][/color][/size][/font]

• 7 months later...
[FONT=Times New Roman]So my copy of Naruto: Ultimate Ninja arrived yesterday, and I have to say it's definately a game for the fans of the series. However, to me, it's just not all that great. I particularly like DBZ Budokai 3 more than this (and the Street Fighters series), but then again, Budokai 3 beats out most if not all anime games.

I like the idea of using the whole environment and whatnot. (It's good to see someone is actually taking notes from Power Stone.) What else.. I actually hate the idea of using one button as the attack button. (I didn't like it DBZ:BT, and I don't like it here.) It makes things a little bit too easy. Sure you have the kunais, shurikens, that can be tossed at the press of a button, but I still like the old school style of a punch and kick button.

I pretty much beat the game with everyone, but Sakura and Naruto. I can't stand them :) and refuse to play as them. Err.. When it comes to they're moves.... Mainly speaking about the super moves... Most of them looks pretty good. The dialogue can be stupid at times as well.

But overall, it's average. (Like most reviews said it was.)[/FONT]