OtakuBoards

Pirates or Ninjas?

Lava Lamp

I was wondering, if you could be a ninja or a pirate, which would you be and why?
I'm not sure which I would want to be, because ninjas have skills, moves, and stealth, but pirates have swords, ships, and puffy shirts..... I'd like to know what you think, because this has baffled my brother and I for awhile (we have large disscussions about it all the time). And I'm sorry if there's a thread like this one, I looked, but I didn't find any.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=#503F86]I'm not subtle enough to be a ninja. Even with training, I don't think I'd ever be particularly good at it.

Pirates, on the other hand, don't require much training as such, but the more you have the better you are. I much prefer having swordfights in puffy shirts than knife fights in the dark. And although I don't love sailing, boats and galloens are [i]immensely[/i] cool ^____^

So yeah, it's pirates for me.[/COLOR]

Yar ye be a pirate? bcause they speek realy cool. Plus they have pet parets. (sp?) I mean how many people can have a pet that repeats evrything they say. Another thing is that they have eyepatches and come on are they cool or what!

See ninjas just jump around and confuse me :animestun with there crazy moves. I also dislike there hole "i'll kill you with a super cool move if you don't stop right there!!"

[font=Verdana][color=blue]Well, assuming this is an instant thing and no real training is required, I'd definitely like to be a ninja. It's always been something I thought would be interesting - being able to run on water and walls as well as have magic-type attacks.[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]And Solo, ninjas do use swords as well (just not in puffy shirts). I personally have always been a fan of the katana (the Japanese samurai sword) and it happens to be one of the weapons a ninja would use. Take a look at [/color][/font][url="http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/482/482221/imgs_2.html"][font=Verdana][color=black]Ninja Gaiden (Xbox)[/color][/font][/url][font=Verdana][color=blue] or [/color][/font][url="http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/481/481481/imgs_1.html"][font=Verdana][color=black]Shinobi (PlayStation 2)[/color][/font][/url][font=Verdana][color=blue] for examples.[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]I do love the way pirates talk but I think in the end, I'd prefer to be a ninja.[/color][/font]

[font="Gill Sans MT Condensed"][color="#993366"][size="2"]Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...

I think I'd have to go with the pirates. Take a look at Captain Jack Sparrow's wardrobe, and there lies my reasoning. Plus, a pirate gets to steal- er, commandeer- super cool boats, Grand Theft Auto-style. Another reason... this guy in my Spanish class is already my personal ninja (in other words, he caters to my every whim). This town ain't big enough for two ninjas.[/size][/color][/font]

[COLOR=SeaGreen]Although I like ninja?s, I?ve always loved pirates. ^_^ I?ve always thought it would be interesting to sail across the sea in one of those older styled ships. Not very comfortable maybe, but defiantly fun, and then there?s the searching for treasure, nifty outfits and swordfights.

Overall I just think it would be more fun to be out in the open instead of hiding in the shadows even if it ninja?s have cool equipment and moves. And then there?s the fact that words like Galleon and Swashbuckling just sound really cool. ^_^[/COLOR]

Guest Ruiisu
[CENTER][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=2]I guess i would like to be a ninja. Even though a pirates' life is full of adventure, you know sailing, capturing enemy ships i still don't like to be one. I'd rather be a ninja cuz' they dwell in the shadows, strike silently then suddenly disappear, and they use stealth to eliminate their targets.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Not like the pirates that attack their targets head-on, as a result many of them die...While a ninja usually attacks alone, which is good cuz' instead of having alot of casualties, the ninja only have one casualty per mission. And also the ninja are highly trained therefore it will be hard for anyone to kill one. So thats about it...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]This one's a tough one. I was actually debating with myself about this a few days ago. I came to the conclusion that "Pirate > Ninja". For a few reasons.

Reason #1: I would enjoy buckling my swash (XD) quite a bit.

Reason #2: The crow's nest. Navigating would be so awesome just because you'd get to sit in the crow's nest all day.

Reason #3: Just being on the ocean in a ship (probably stolen), not living by anyone's rules but the captain's. It would be an extremely adventurous life.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Well, Well, Well. I knoiw that I always joke about having f'ng Ninja skills when I play video games but overall I'm a bit of a clutz, so I would have to be a pirate. It's the Puffy shirts and Leather Leggings that sold it for me but I'd also just love to nick everything not nailed down (And then nick everything that is).

[FONT=Courier New] A Nijrate. Best choice. Like. Have ninja skills, eat like a ninja, but speak like a pirate, and have sword skills like one. And their clothes. Because.. Ninja skills are cool. And every food has to be better than pirate food. But Pirate sword skills are cool. And. Pirate clothes. And grow a big black beard that you can pull nunchucks and throwing stars out of and stuff. I've always wanted to jump off the crow's nest and right onto the poop deck during a battle against violent seagulls and mermaids with fin legs. Yet, a part of me wants to sneak around a corner and tackle somebody that otherwise would beat me severly. [/FONT]

[quote name='darkisMINE']but pirates have swords, ships, and puffy shirts.....[/quote]
[color=#007520]How can [i]anyone[/i] resist the puffy shirts? Those shirts are the s3xy!!!11!!one!
Maybe I could be a ninja with a puffy shirt, no?

Just picture it. You're walking along in the middle of the night, minding your own business. Without a sound, a cool blade can suddenly be felt along your neck. My ninja stealth has you trapped. Nowhere to run, no way you can hide, you freeze. As sweat drips down your forehead, you ask what I want. I remove the blade, and you slowly turn around. Your eyes widen with fear, shock, and realization all at the same time as you notice... the Ninja-puffy-shirt-of-doom!

-r2[/color]

[font=times new roman][color=darkslateblue][center][size=1]If I had to choose between being a pirate and a ninja, I'd probably go with the ninja option, even though traveling in the sea all the time [i]does[/i] sound very nice.. And the sharp, pointy swords. Yep, can't forget the swords. x3

But I do like the weapons ninjas use a lot, too. [Whee, lots of pointy objects! xD] Not to mention they can do a lot of kewl things that normal people can't do. And it'd be useful for my plan for World Domination... -blinks as stares are directed at my way- Err... Did I say that out loud? -coughcough- I meant private reasons; definiately [i]not[/i] World Domination with my massive Kitty Army Of Ebil [KAOE]... -shifts eyes- [/size][/center][/font][/color]

[COLOR=Sienna]Well though I like the idea of being a pirate with the puffy shirts, swords, ships and the whole sailing the seas bit. And searching for treasure is something that I would love to do. I just like the idea of being a trained assassin/sabotage agent more. So in the end I?d probably want to be a pirate who sticks close to the coast and plunders by day and then work as a ninja by night. The whole pirate bit can be my cover. ;)[/COLOR]

Lol. This has been a long debate between my friends, over which is better. In my opinion, though Pirates are cool, Ninjas are just so much better.
A pirates life is just so much more limited, wherever you go you'll be a pirate. A ninja can disguise himself, and be secretive and hiden. A pirates just loud.
Ninjas have more skill. Though Pirates do have sailing and sword skills... But I would proably be bad at sailing. I also find the Pirate voice annoying. I hate rum, tried it once, !ick!. Sake! Much better, though I've only tasted a little of that too. he he he.Talking of food and drink, what dd Pirates eat?? Fish? Ninjas can eat ramen! Or Rice! Ninjas have katanas, or nunchucks, and martial art skills and actually a much wider range of weapons.

Puffy shirts? Yeah, well a ninja could wear a puffy shirt if they wanted too. :p

I'd be a ninja, because, well...

[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Shinmaru/Seinfeld.jpg[/IMG]
"I don't wanna be a pirate!"[/center]

Sailing the seas is not my thing, and, really, how much buried treasure is there left in the world? Even if you could steal treasure from people, you'd still be easily caught, given today's technology. Going into the past isn't an option either, because I don't want to go to the past just to be a pirate.

However, if we were talking Han Solo-type space pirates, then I'd be all over that.

I don't think that ninja are [i]that[/i] cool (though they definitely are cool), but being stealthy and sneaky is more appealing to me than wearing a puffy shirt and being seasick.

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]It's all about the ninja skills for me. Pirates? Don't make me laugh!

I would be a ninja because I enjoy being stealthy and the whole black ninja outfit looks so damn good. Puffy shirts make me uncomfortable, and I would sooner strangle a parrot than let it sit on my shoulder repeating the last two words of every sentence. Besides, ninjas can go [i]anywhere[/i]! Can a pirate go anywhere? No! They have to stay near the boat!

Ok, so pirates talk really cool... a minor advantage. Ninjitsu is better than any funny dialect! Besides... I'm weak. I would be slaughtered as a pirate.

So, while I like Pirates of the Carribean, I like Naruto more. :)[/COLOR][/FONT]

Guest Heero yuy
Oh, hard question to answere, they're both too kick ***. Pirates have cannons, ships and booty. But ninja's have shurikens, smokebombs, and katanas.

I would say, if I had to really choose, I would be a ninja. Seriously, everyone that meets you pretty much dies...by you. And you do cool flips, stealthy like moves and get to where all black anytime you want. Seriously, to help make your decision go to askninja.com, it's a ninja that answeres questions from people around the world. It's great.

Ninja-ness always!

I went on a whole camping trip where my friend was a wirate (wannabe pirate) and I was a winja (wannabe ninja). She poked people with a tree branch, pretending it was a sword, and I threw paper shuriken everywhere.

I would be a ninja rather than a pirate because I could use the stealth-ness to read over people's shoulders on the bus without anyone knowing.

But seriously, the stealth factor really takes the cake. That and chopping skills and shuriken. I'm so into the ninja thing, I was thinking of making myself a giant shuriken for Halloween!

*wondering why the tale of Blackbeard vs. blackcatsuit hasn't been brought up*

I would be a pirate. Ninja is too risky. I love stealthkills and being the ultimate human fighting force, but the training, the people you work for and the high death rate all scare me. Bring a pirate is much more laid back and fun. I wanna gut ye wit me cutlass...

[quote name='Tical][font=verdana']*wondering why the tale of Blackbeard vs. blackcatsuit hasn't been brought up*[/font][/quote][font=trebuchet ms]Because Leofski's inactive these days.

Let's face it, pirates probably have more [i]fun.[/i] But all that rape and pillage isn't for me (although a life on the ocean wave sometimes sounds appealing). And the fact is, I [i]am[/i] a ninja already. Ninth kyu ninjutsu (i.e. one rank above absolute beginner). I'd rather be able to defend myself against muggers (IRL) or assassinate corrupt political leaders (in stereotype land) than go around loosing off my cannon at randoms that haven't done anything to me.[/font]

Hands down I would be a ninja.

Because, I [naturally] have the element of suprise. I am very quiet, and secretive.
The running around blow the crap out of my adversary, and taking land sounds fun.

but.....

I dont kill for material things.

I kill for revenge and honour.

plus running all over the place in the blink of an eye's pretty cool.

Leon Fury.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Though I like the idea of sailing the sea and searching for treasure, I?d rather be able to defend myself and be able to use all of the stealthy and sneaky skills that a ninja possesses.Nothing like giving a would be muigger the shock of their lives when you clober them. [quote name='Shinmaru']However, if we were talking Han Solo-type space pirates, then I'd be all over that.[/quote]Now if we are talking about space pirates, that?s another story altogether. I?d much rather be a space pirate than a space ninja. [/COLOR]

How many times are we to be cursed to see a thread of this exact topic? :P Not to mention I don't think there is a pirate versus ninja fight ever recorded in history. Why do they have such a feud anyways?

So to stay on topic, I guess I'll say [b]pirate.[/b] I mean, that's obvious (*cough*Custom title*cough*) and c'mon, Jack Sparrow is the shiz. The new pirates movie comes out in a matter of days now and I am psyched, as is a wide portion of the world. I don't recall a ninja movie being as big of a hit as POTC ;) Savvy? Pirates win. Arr, shove that in your cannon, yo!

[quote name='Dragon Warrior]So to stay on topic, I guess I'll say [b]pirate.[/b'] I mean, that's obvious (*cough*Custom title*cough*) and c'mon, Jack Sparrow is the shiz. The new pirates movie comes out in a matter of days now and I am psyched, as is a wide portion of the world. I don't recall a ninja movie being as big of a hit as POTC ;) Savvy? Pirates win. Arr, shove that in your cannon, yo![/quote]

D_W you're the reason I want to be a pirate. I'd join your crew anyday.

Anyway, after some deliberation I decided that, if following the customs of real pirates or ninjas, either one would suck to be. But if your a POTC pirate, it'd be grand! And if your a DOA ninja, it'd also be fun!

[COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Hahar, ye be speakin me language boy! I be thinkin I'd rather be me a ninja than a pirate. Pirates are a rowdy bunch what got little in the way o education and git inter all o these fights with the Spaniards. Ninjas be sneaky at least, so they be in less risk of death from their profession. But a pirate can be gutted like a fish at sea and, the second the lubber goes ashore, he be hung til judgement day. I'm not no expert, but I don't believe a ninja be strung and hung for bein caught by the local landlubbers.[/FONT][/COLOR]