OtakuBoards

Pirates or Ninjas?

Lava Lamp

[QUOTE=Retribution][size=1]Thank you, Papa Smurf. At least [i]someone[/i] has seen the light. Everyone loves good, wholesome pillaging, raping, and naval warfare.

Acheron, I pray for the repose of your soul. May Shinmaru have mercy on you.[/size][/QUOTE][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]Are you and Papa Smurf [u]seriously serious[/u], [u]Retribution[/u]?[/i][/b] Ninja's are the [b][i]original uber bad@****![/i][/b] They outweigh pirates in every category! Sure, pirates run around in their boat with a crazy hook and all yelling "Arrgh" and other weird things, [i][b]but in the end[/b][/i], they can't compare to the pure awesomeness of ninjas.[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Plus, the Power Rangers are gay. :animesigh ([b][i]I said it jokingly but I [u]am[/u] serious; [u]personal opinion[/u])[/i][/b] I mean come on, [b][i]full-body armour?[/i][/b] Not to mention [b][i]little sparks[/i][/b] emitting from their suit[b][i][s][/i][/b] [b][i]whenever they get hit?[/i][/b] They should've [i][b][u]died[/u] long ago[/b][/i] from some of the blows that they've taken. [b][i]And the [u]Ninja[/u] Turtes are kick @**![/i][/b] Way better than [b][i]Johnny Depp[/i][/b] trying on a circus outfit for a leading movie role! :rotflmao: [/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][/i][/b][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]But seriously [b][i][u]Papa Smurf[/u][/i][/b], can you reduce the picture sizes? Thanks. [b][i][color=darkred]<3[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

[b][i][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred]~And just so everyone's clear:[/color][/size][/font][/i][/b]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=black]I hope everyone knows that [b][i]i'm not getting mad[/i][/b], i'm just enjoying a little friendly [b][i]debating.[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[b][i][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][/size][/font][/i][/b]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][i][b]Also:[/b][/i][/color] [b][i][u]Papa Smurf[/u][/i][/b], the [b][i]Power Rangers[/i][/b] aren't [b][i]Pirates[/i][/b] or [b][i]Ninjas[/i][/b]. They're just a [u]multi-coloured mess[/u].[/size][/font]

[right][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]Acheron~[/i][/b][/size][/font][/right]
[right][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][u]Ninja's Rule~[/u][/i][/b][/size][/font][/right]

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][u]Sara[/u][/i][/b], I really mad that you took the time to find a [u]booger-picking ninja[/u]! [b][i][/i][/b][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]Pirate Lovers, ahhh [u]humbug[/u]. :animeangr[/i][/b][/size][/font]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][u]=========================[/u][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Let me explain you you [b][i]ninja-haters[/i][/b] about the [b][i]history[/i][/b] of the coolness called [b][u][i]Ninja[/i][/u][/b]...[/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]~ [url="http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/KeybladeAcheron/timelinepat.gif"]Ninja History[/url][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]The ninja takes their job very seriously, [b][i]washing their bodies before doing [u]anything else[/u][/i][/b]...[/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]~ [url="http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/KeybladeAcheron/untitled6.jpg"]A Dedicated Ninja[/url][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]...[b][i]As [u]opposed[/u] to Pirates[/i][/b]...[/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]~ [url="http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/KeybladeAcheron/untitled5.jpg"]The Difference[/url][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Ninja's have been in and out of the headlines, [b][i]doing what ninja's do best[/i][/b]...[/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]~ [url="http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/KeybladeAcheron/ninja_defeats_truman1.jpg"]The Old Days[/url][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]...While starring in [b][i]various[/i][/b] commercials...[/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]~ [url="http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/KeybladeAcheron/untitled9.jpg"]Commercial #1[/url][/size][/font][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3],[/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]~ [url="http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/KeybladeAcheron/thirstyninja.jpg"]Commercial #2[/url][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]And yes, Ninjas murder [b][i][u]Pirates[/u][/i][/b] on a daily basis...[/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]~ [url="http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/KeybladeAcheron/NinjaLaundry.jpg"]Kill #1[/url][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]~ [url="http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/KeybladeAcheron/ultimatemurder.jpg"]Kill #2[/url][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]~ [url="http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/KeybladeAcheron/untitled8.jpg"]Kill #3[/url][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]What's next for the Ninja? [b][i]Feline training[/i][/b] of course!![/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]~ [url="http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/KeybladeAcheron/catmeowninja.jpg"]Kitty?[/url][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]The coolness of the Ninja is [i][b][u]not[/u] to be ignored[/b][/i]. [b][i]I rest my case[/i][/b].[/size][/font][/center]

[right][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]Acheron~[/i][/b][/size][/font][/right]

[quote name='Lunox][color=dimgray']When did the Power Rangers become ninjas? If ninjas are random people who go around kicking ***:[/color][/quote] But the Power Rangers don't kick ***. lol. They're ninjas because they dress in spandex, jump around like morons, are Japanese, wear masks, pull hyperactive imitation kung-fu/ninjitsu, strike ridiculous poses (just like Ninja Turtles, Ask A Ninja, etc)...

Face it. Pirates are better, cooler (Geoffrey Rush), sexier (Johnny Depp and Shinmaru, people), more dangerous, less embarrassing, have better sex, get booty calls...the list goes on. Plus, pirates have Geoffrey Rush, Johnny Depp, and freakin Cary Elwes.

Edit: The Bride isn't ninja at all. lol. She's a Klingon in disguise...hence why her story opens with "An Old Klingon Proverb."

[QUOTE=Lunox][color=dimgray] In addition: [img]http://xs304.xs.to/xs304/06304/Image11.png[/img]

Ninja chicks are hotter. [/color][/QUOTE] How is she a ninja? She's got a martial arts background. That hardly makes her a ninja. You're confusing [i]assassins[/i] with [i]ninjas[/i].

Lunox, show me the screenshot where The Bride wears a [i]ninja[/i] mask. It needs to be clearly a [i]ninja[/i] mask.

And honestly, if this is what the Pro-Ninja side needs to stretch to...Kill Bill and Sin City...to try to prove that ninjas are better...seems to me to be even more of a confirmation that pirates shat all over ninjas. lol

[color=dimgray] One of the definitions of 'ninja' is a Japanese assassin, or someone who uses ninjutsu. Miho=Japanese and an assassin.

I don't know what technique The Bride uses, but whatever. She dresses in spandex, jumps around, wears a mask, and strikes cool poses. :D

[img]http://xs304.xs.to/xs304/06304/Image12.png[/img] I mean, half-Chinese, but who cares?

Ninja chicks would be hotter, anyway. They work out constantly.

[img]http://xs304.xs.to/xs304/06304/17.jpg[/img]

Is that's not a ninja mask, I don't know what hell one is.

...And you're right, there are more popular pirate characters. But, uh... I dunno. Pirate sex is probably disgusting, seeing as most of them can't bathe or anything. And I don't like the idea of living on a ship, eating bad food, and hoarding treasure but never using it. I was going to resort to anime, but then I didn't. v_v

Also the Power Rangers totally kick ***. They save the world like... every week or whatever. *rubs chin* And the Ninja Turtles are pretty cool.
[/color]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][u]Lunox[/u][/i][/b], while I agree with you and am glad that you support me in this debate let me point out some things for both you and [b][i][u]Papa Smurf[/u][/i][/b]...[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkred]a)[/color][/i][/b] [i][b]Power Ranger's aren't [u]ninjas[/u][/b][/i]. If they are [i][b](By some type of definition some OB member can provide)[/b][/i] Then i'll instead plead temporary insanity and maim the Power Rangers for being a [b][i]ninja class[/i][/b]. :animeangr [/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]b)[/i][/b][/color] [b][i]Papa Smurf[/i][/b], :animesigh pirates [b][i][u]don't[/u][/i][/b] take baths [b][i](unless they're swimming)[/i][/b] Are you sure you can live with that? If you can, it'll be my pleasure to [b][i]SPAR[/i][/b] against you in [b][i]Adventue Square[/i][/b] to prove to you that Ninjas topple Pirates anyday of the week.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkred]c) [/color][u]Lunox[/u][/i][/b] definitely has you there [b][i][u]Papa Smurf[/u][/i][/b]; A ninja is a [b][i]'japanese assassin'[/i][/b] by definition. And we're not trying to bring in more movies to better our ninja argument; though all pirate lovers on this string are using movies and [b][i]'what not'[/i][/b] to justify theirs.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkred]d)[/color][/i][/b] Did I mention that pirates are [b][i][u]nasty slobs[/u][/i][/b] that don't wash under their @**? If not, then that's a definite reason why Pirates are obsolete in this argument.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]Hah. So there. :animesmil [/i][/b][/size][/font]

[color=darkred][size=1]

For all you [b]Ninja[/b] haters out there, I have one picture worth a thousand words.

[img]http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Movie/rental/BEVERLY_HILLS_NINJA/image/02.JPG[/img]

The battle is lost for pirates. The combined powers of Liu Kang from the Mortal Kombat movie AND Chris Farley could take on an entire pirate armada, alone.

Arguement over.

[b]Rubs salt in wound...[/b]

[img]http://totalmortalkombat.alphalink.com.au/PICS/MK/SCRSUB.JPG[/img]

Ninjas are totally radder.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Acheron][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkred]a)[/color][/i][/b] [i][b]Power Ranger's aren't [u]ninjas[/u][/b][/i]. If they are [i][b](By some type of definition some OB member can provide)[/b][/i] Then i'll instead plead temporary insanity and maim the Power Rangers for being a [b][i]ninja class[/i][/b][/size'][/font][/quote]
[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2e/NinjaStorm.jpg[/IMG]

[size=1]How soon the younger generations forget Power Rangers. You'd better start heading off to the asylum... looks like you've lost the bet.

I would also like to bring up [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Francis_Drake#The_Spanish_Armada][b]Sir Francis Drake[/b][/url] and his amazing heroics in destroying the Spanish Armada. This shows that Pirates can win against all odds.[/size]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]You have a good point but you have to keep in mind, [b][i][u]Retribution[/u][/i][/b], that the Power Rangers had different versions of themselves as the seasons progressed. These seasons are in order until present Power Rangers [b][i](which is 'Mystic Force')[/i][/b].[/size][/font]
[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][u]=========================[/u][/i][/b][/size][/font][/center]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Mighty Morphin Power Rangers[/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers [b](Mini Series) (Why [u]aliens[/u]?!)[/b][/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers: Zeo[/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers Turbo[/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers in Space[/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy[/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue[/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers: Time Force[/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers: Wild Force[/i][/size][/font]
[b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i][u]Power Rangers: Ninja Storm[/u] (Gag)[/i][/size][/font][/b]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers: Dino Thunder [b](C'mon, dinosaurs?!)[/b][/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers: S.P.D.[/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers: Mystic Force[/i][/size][/font]
[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][u]=========================[/u][/i][/b][/size][/font][/center]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]What next, huh? [b][i]Power Rangers: The 7 seas?![/i][/b] That'll add a whole lot of credibility to you argument then won't it, [b][i][u]Retribution[/u][/i][/b]? It's about the only thing that the Power Rangers havent touched yet as far as [u]species[/u] are concerned![/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]:animesigh But,[b][i] alas[/i][/b], you're right,[i][b] Retribution;[/b][/i] the Power Rangers were Ninjas in their previous life [b][i]. [/i][/b]But your point isn't really concrete because the Power Rangers have done just about everything else also; From Animals to Space adventures [u]and then some[/u] as i've already posted. [b][i]But, first[/i][/b], I'll check myself into that asylum. :animesmil [/size][/font]

[quote name='Lunox']Is that's not a ninja mask, I don't know what hell one is.[/quote] A ninja mask is all one needs to become a ninja? Sorry, but her donning a ninja mask was only for the visual. Why? Because if she were an actual ninja, [spoiler]Bud wouldn't be sitting there, in a lawnchair, with a shotgun to blast her in the chest with salt rounds. If she were a ninja, Bud would be dead, instead of her being buried alive.[/spoiler] That doesn't seem to be very Ninja-tastic to me, Lunox, and your example again falls on its face. lol

[quote]Pirate sex is probably disgusting, seeing as most of them can't bathe or anything.[/quote] I disagree. Keira Knightley was unbelievably hot in Dead Man's Chest, and she was busting out her pirate-ness. [spoiler]Hell, she even tricked Jack, like a good scallywaggess.[/spoiler]

Plus, during good sex, you're going to get sweaty as hell anyway. If you're not sweating by the end, you're not sexxing hard enough.

[quote]Also the Power Rangers totally kick ***. They save the world like... every week or whatever.[/quote] Yeah, by calling on their Megazords, which are less ninja and more awful after-school pretend science fiction with guys in big, clunky, disgusting robot costumes.

[quote]*rubs chin* And the Ninja Turtles are pretty cool.
[/QUOTE] [b]Were[/b] pretty cool. Their new cartoon is awful, and the old one from the 1980s hasn't aged well at all.

The Boss brings up Chris Farley? The same Chris Farley who gets his *** kicked by some random slow-moving conveyer machine in Tommy Boy? That Chris Farley? Who couldn't even dodge something that attaches brake pads to cars or whatever? Who falls on tables?

Who is like Chevy Chase, only not funny in the least, even when Chevy's falls were marginally funny at best?

The same Chris Farley whose most memorable character is a motivational speaker named Matt Foley who, while hilarious, was a complete idiot who eventually fell on tables?

Yeah, very ninja-ish of him. lol

Liu Kang? Robin Shou? How is he even a ninja? Come on, be sensible. You'd have a better shot at Raiden or Shao Kahn...or even Kano.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero? Palette-swap characters whose main claims to fame were not their combat skills, but rather "GET OVER HERE!!!" and throwing ice around? I don't really think that's very ninja-like, either.

Retribution has already provided the rebuttal to how Power Rangers can be considered Ninjas, so I shant be touching that one.

What I will touch is Miho, however. She's an assassin. She is not a ninja. There's a tremendous difference, especially in Sin City. Never do we see her infiltrating any enemy compounds. Never do we see her sneaking around to selectively kill a single target. Whenever we see her, she's leaping off of a building in plain sight, with two katana blades unsheathed that are ready to taste brain matter. Ninja? No. [i]Assassin[/i].

Acheron, your bit about Adventure Square is entirely irrelevant, because I guarantee you the only way you'd be able to put up a fight is if you God-modded the shat out of the match.

You'll now reply with how I'm just making excuses, and that if I'm so confident about that, why not go ahead with the match.

And I'll pre-counter by saying it's not worth my time and that it's useless to this discussion, because it doesn't establish anything more than your overzealous desire to prove that ninjas are somehow superior, even when everything pro-ninja in this thread has been countered to the nth degree. lol

If the pro-ninja side could stop stretching for counters, that'd be great. None of you have still come anywhere close to matching the greatness that was and still is Pirates of Dark Water, anyway.

[QUOTE=Acheron][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]You have a good point but you have to keep in mind, [b][i][u]Retribution[/u][/i][/b], that the Power Rangers had different versions of themselves as the seasons progressed. These seasons are in order until present Power Rangers [b][i](which is 'Mystic Force')[/i][/b].[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Mighty Morphin Power Rangers[/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers [b](Mini Series) (Why [u]aliens[/u]?!)[/b][/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers: Zeo[/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers Turbo[/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers in Space[/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy[/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue[/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers: Time Force[/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers: Wild Force[/i][/size][/font]
[b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i][u]Power Rangers: Ninja Storm[/u] (Gag)[/i][/size][/font][/b]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers: Dino Thunder [b](C'mon, dinosaurs?!)[/b][/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers: S.P.D.[/i][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]Power Rangers: Mystic Force[/i][/size][/font]
[/QUOTE]
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Alright... but they were also ninjas in Power Rangers: Zeo, bud. And if all you need to be to become a Ninja is to be Japanese and be an assassin, then there is at least one Ninja per team of Power Rangers right there! (In case you can't figure this one out on your own, I was referring to the fact that each set of Power Rangers always has an Asian member)

And what do you mean "C'mon, dinosaurs?!"... The original power rangers were based off dinosaurs in case you forgot. That also happened to be one of the best seasons of Power Rangers.

You also say "from Animals to Space Rangers". I hate to break to you but there are only two things inbetween Animals and Space Rangers (Cars and Dinosaurs [and Dinosaurs are considered animals!]).

I think it really says something when the biggest ninja icons you guys keep bringing up are Chris Farley and four outdated turtles.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Papa Smurf]A ninja mask is all one needs to become a ninja? Sorry, but her donning a ninja mask was only for the visual. Why? Because if she were an actual ninja, [spoiler]Bud wouldn't be sitting there, in a lawnchair, with a shotgun to blast her in the chest with salt rounds. If she were a ninja, Bud would be dead, instead of her being buried alive.[/spoiler] That doesn't seem to be very Ninja-tastic to me, Lunox, and your example again falls on its face. lol
[/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray] Ok, fine, The Bride and Miho aren't ninjas. Now I'm going to go totally dorky.

[img]http://xs304.xs.to/xs304/06304/kakshinin.png[/img]

And yes, now that I think about it, he would be able to kick *** when put in a fight with pirates. Ninjas rock the anime world, and I'm pretty sure no one can argue with that.

Though I have to say, Keira Knightley is not a pirate. She pretended to be one. Even though she is hot. :] However, my claim of ninja chicks being hotter still stands. When the lights are out it's the body that counts. ;)

P.S. If you're not going to accept The Bride as a ninja, why did you even ask for a picture of her in the mask in the first place? [/color]

[QUOTE=Papa Smurf]

The Boss brings up Chris Farley? The same Chris Farley who gets his *** kicked by some random slow-moving conveyer machine in Tommy Boy? That Chris Farley? Who couldn't even dodge something that attaches brake pads to cars or whatever? Yeah, very ninja-ish of him. lol

Liu Kang? Robin Shou? How is he even a ninja? Come on, be sensible.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero? Palette-swap characters whose main claims to fame were not their combat skills, but rather "GET OVER HERE!!!" and throwing ice around? I don't really think that's very ninja-like, either.

If the pro-ninja side could stop stretching for counters, that'd be great. None of you have still come anywhere close to matching the greatness that was and still is Pirates of Dark Water, anyway.[/QUOTE]
[color=darkred][size=1]

[b]1.[/b] Chris Farley is the most awesome human being to have ever lived. He chose Ninja over Pirate, so that's a big up for the Ninja side.

[b]2.[/b] It's a movie. I might aswell say, "Johnny Depp? You mean that guy who played the dude with scissors for hands, and then quoted the famous 'You sh'tole my sh'tory...' in the Secret Window?"

[b]3.[/b] Apparently you havn't seen the newer Mortal Kombat games. They have almost nothing in common.

[b]4.[/b] While I will admit that Pirates of Dark Water was a great show...

[img]http://www.wellesley.edu/Japanese/130FlyersS02/Ninja.jpg[/img]

It is defeated.

Ninja vs. Pirate in one on one combat. Let's see... Ninja throws smoke bomb and slits the pirate's throat. Fight over.[/color][/size]

[color=dimgray] Ok, in a ninja vs. pirate [i]fight[/i], we would totally destroy you guys, no questions asked. With all the random ninja anime shows existing, we're pretty much all-powerful here.

We beat you guys in the video game world, too. :][/color]

[quote name='Lunox][color=dimgray] Ok, in a ninja vs. pirate [i]fight[/i'], we would totally destroy you guys, no questions asked. With all the random ninja anime shows existing, we're pretty much all-powerful here.[/color][/quote]
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Says who? I'd really enjoy watching an army of ninjas trying to swim in the ocean towards a giant boat loaded with cannons and buff men with guns.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Papa Smurf]

1) Acheron, your bit about Adventure Square is entirely irrelevant, because I guarantee you the only way you'd be able to put up a fight is if you God-modded the shat out of the match.

2) You'll now reply with how I'm just making excuses, and that if I'm so confident about that, why not go ahead with the match.

3) And I'll pre-counter by saying it's not worth my time and that it's useless to this discussion, because it doesn't establish anything more than your overzealous desire to prove that ninjas are somehow superior, even when everything pro-ninja in this thread has been countered to the nth degree. lol

4) If the pro-ninja side could stop stretching for counters, that'd be great. None of you have still come anywhere close to matching the greatness that was and still is Pirates of Dark Water, anyway.[/QUOTE][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkred]1)[/color][/i][/b] I can't believe you went there... [u]God-modding?[/u] :animesigh Honestly dude, I'm not even gonna waste my time... I thought we were having friendly debates, [u]not getting mad at each other[/u]. And about the challenge, it was all supposed to be friendly, that's all. I wasn't trying to be mad at you, I was actually having fun posting. But I didn't know that I was [u]pissing[/u] you off. [b][i](At least that's how the paragraph sounds)[/i][/b][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]2)[/i][/b][/color] I'm not gonna reply with how you're making excuses. I just wanna make sure that we are on [u]common ground[/u] first. I'm not trying to take this conversation into realms that could get us in trouble with the [b][i]Moderators[/i][/b]. I just wanna have fun posting, that's all. :animesmil [/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]3)[/i][/b][/color] I [b][i]profoundly[/i][/b] apoligize for making you think of me this way. As I stated earlier, I was having fun debating with you and [b][i][u]Retribution[/u][/i][/b]. I think that [b][i][u]Retribution[/u][/i][/b] understood how I felt but why are you taking out all of this [u]animosity[/u]?[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]4)[/i][/b][/color] Dude, the name of this post is [b][i][u]'Ninja's or Pirates?'[/u][/i][/b] There's only [u]two[/u] answers you can pick so of couse there gonna be [u]debating[/u] and [u]counters[/u] and [u]information[/u] spewed across the battle grounds. The purpose is to post and make it interesting [b][i](While staying on topic)[/i][/b]. Once again, I apologize.[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Anyway, [b][i][u]Ninja's rule!!![/u][/i][/b]:animesmil [/size][/font]

[quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Says who? I'd really enjoy watching an army of ninjas trying to swim in the ocean towards a giant boat loaded with cannons and buff men with guns.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

[color=dimgray] Of course, the ninjas wouldn't really travel so far to actually kill the pirates. But if they happened to meet on the ocean (and obviously ninjas can control ships as well, seeing as people other than pirates ride ships), the ninjas would beat the pirates.

*dork moment* That's why I specifically inserted "with all the random anime shows" in my post. It's totally valid. You can't exclude one part of the ninja world. :]

Cannons/guns: Any replacement technique or clone technique. In addition to that, any long-range attack that could kill a large amount of people quickly. Water clones. Ultimate defense. They all exist in anime.

Buff men: What are they without their guns when faced with ninjas?
[/color]

[b][i][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]After apoligizing, let me get back [u]on topic[/u]...[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][/size][/font][/i][/b]
[center][b][i][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][u]=========================[/u][/size][/font][/i][/b][/center]

Originally Posted by [b]Papa Smurf[/b]
[i]
The Boss brings up Chris Farley? The same Chris Farley who gets his *** kicked by some random slow-moving conveyer machine in Tommy Boy? That Chris Farley? Who couldn't even dodge something that attaches brake pads to cars or whatever? Yeah, very ninja-ish of him. lol

Liu Kang? Robin Shou? How is he even a ninja? Come on, be sensible.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero? Palette-swap characters whose main claims to fame were not their combat skills, but rather "GET OVER HERE!!!" and throwing ice around? I don't really think that's very ninja-like, either.[/i]
[i][center][b][/b] [/i][/center]
[i][center][b][u][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]=========================[/size][/font][/u][/b][/i][/center]
[i] [/i]
[i][b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Ok then, [u]Papa Smurf[/u], you don't want Liu Kang and Chris Farley to be accepted as ninjas, you don't want Mortal Kombat characters to be accepted as ninjas and you don't want cartoons to be accepted as ninjas. Well then how about this:[/size][/font][/b][/i]
[i] [/i]
[i][center][b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]~ [u]Babies[/u]. ~[/size][/font][/b][/i][/center]
[i] [/i]
[i][b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]They're [u]real[/u], thet're not from [u]Mortal Kombat[/u] and they kick @** just like a [u]regular ninja[/u].[/size][/font][/b][/i]
[i] [/i]
[i][img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/KeybladeAcheron/ninjababy.jpg[/img][/i]
[i] [/i]
[i][b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]*[u]I've circled where you need to look[/u]. [/size][/font][/b][/i]
[i][b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][/size][/font][/b] [/i]
[i][b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Now in this photo, the father is a pirate who desperately wants his child to be the same. The child, however, lashed out towards the pirate dad, kicking him in the face, [u]Ninja Style[/u]. :animesmil[/size][/font][/b] [/i]
[i] [/i]
[i][img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/KeybladeAcheron/kidninja.jpg[/img][/i]
[i] [/i]
[i][b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]*In this photo, a child practices his ninja techniques in his recommended attire. The [u]sheer determination[/u] in his eyes tells you that he is a no-nonsense type baby that will [u]decimate[/u] any Pirate in his way.[/size][/font][/b][/i]
[i] [/i]
[i] [/i]
[i][b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]So, in conclusion, Ninja's definitely are better than Pirates. Little kids want to be ninjas for Heavens sake. Oh yeah, little kids want to be Pirates too, but the number is [u]rapidly declining[/u]. Why? [u]Take a look...[/u][/size][/font][/b][/i]
[i] [/i]
[i][img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/KeybladeAcheron/untitled7.jpg[/img][/i]
[i] [/i]
[i][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b]*As you can see, Pirate kids don't even stand a chance. (Plus they look retarded. :animesmil )[/b][/size][/font][/i]

[quote name='Lunox][color=dimgray][img]http://xs304.xs.to/xs304/06304/kakshinin.png[/img'][/color][/quote] Lunox, look how far you just stretched. You posted a picture of heavily armed dogs/cats/tigers/leopards/foxes/whatever that remind me more of the mentally handicapped than something I'd ever be scared of. lol. I asked for a killer, and you tried to give me a group of Rainman.

[quote][color=dimgray]Though I have to say, Keira Knightley is not a pirate. She pretended to be one.[/color][/quote] Nah, because [spoiler]she handled a sword pretty damn well (she was fighting off Davy Jones' soldiers by herself, because those other two guys were useless), looked unbelievable any time she had to get down and dirty, tricked an entire crew into believing there was a ghost on board, and she shackled Jack to the ship, when the Kraken was about to destroy it.[/spoiler] That, my friend, is totally bad-*** pirating right there. She was pretending? Like I pretend to be born yesterday.

[quote][color=dimgray]When the lights are out it's the body that counts. ;) [/color][/quote] Yeah, and even without lights, I'd still jump on Kiera Knightley. No straight man or gay woman wouldn't. lol

[quote][color=dimgray]P.S. If you're not going to accept The Bride as a ninja, why did you even ask for a picture of her in the mask in the first place? [/color][/QUOTE] To prove my point. That's the only time in Kill Bill Volume 2 when she dons a ninja mask. I knew it from the very beginning, and I knew that's the part you were going to reference. And I also know the finer details of that scene, so I knew how to counter your point. lol

[quote=Acheron][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkred]1)[/color][/i][/b] I can't believe you went there... [u]God-modding?[/u] :animesigh Honestly dude, I'm not even gonna waste my time... I thought we were having friendly debates, [u]not getting mad at each other[/u]. And about the challenge, it was all supposed to be friendly, that's all. I wasn't trying to be mad at you, I was actually having fun posting. But I didn't know that I was [u]pissing[/u] you off. [b][i](At least that's how the paragraph sounds)[/i][/b][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]2)[/i][/b][/color] I'm not gonna reply with how you're making excuses. I just wanna make sure that we are on [u]common ground[/u] first. I'm not trying to take this conversation into realms that could get us in trouble with the [b][i]Moderators[/i][/b]. I just wanna have fun posting, that's all. :animesmil [/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]3)[/i][/b][/color] I [b][i]profoundly[/i][/b] apoligize for making you think of me this way. As I stated earlier, I was having fun debating with you and [b][i][u]Retribution[/u][/i][/b]. I think that [b][i][u]Retribution[/u][/i][/b] understood how I felt but why are you taking out all of this [u]animosity[/u]?[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]4)[/i][/b][/color] Dude, the name of this post is [b][i][u]'Ninja's or Pirates?'[/u][/i][/b] There's only [u]two[/u] answers you can pick so of couse there gonna be [u]debating[/u] and [u]counters[/u] and [u]information[/u] spewed across the battle grounds. The purpose is to post and make it interesting [b][i](While staying on topic)[/i][/b]. Once again, I apologize.[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Anyway, [b][i][u]Ninja's rule!!![/u][/i][/b]:animesmil [/size][/font][/quote] Forgive me, for I pose no offense, but in reading your reply here, there's only one thing I can possibly think of...and it's a quote from Tommy Boy:

"Did you eat a lot paint chips when you were a kid?"

[quote name='The Boss']1. Chris Farley is the most awesome human being to have ever lived. He chose Ninja over Pirate, so that's a big up for the Ninja side.[/quote] Chris Farley's goal in life was to become the next John Belushi, but he was nowhere near as brilliant, as evidenced by his choice of films. Belushi wouldn't be caught dead playing some lame ninja. When he did play a sword-wielding maniac, he became Samurai Tailor, and was so bad-*** that he was going to fix the fly on Buck Henry's new pants...without damaging Buck Henry. Wink wink nudge nudge.

Farley the most awesome being to have ever lived? He never came close to Joliet Jake, Samurai Tailor, or Bluto Blutarsky. So since he's not the most awesome human being to have ever lived, his decision to play a husky ninja has no weight here (pun intended).

[quote]2. It's a movie. I might aswell say, "Johnny Depp? You mean that guy who played the dude with scissors for hands, and then quoted the famous 'You sh'tole my sh'tory...' in the Secret Window?"[/quote] We're talking about physical prowess, at least I was. A ninja needs to be physically fit, and have impeccable reaction time. Chris Farley does not, as shown by his cranial hemorrhages in Tommy Boy.

Hence, Chris Farley is a substandard ninja whose biggest asset is similar to the Skipper from Gilligan's Island: standing around and stuttering very loudly, then falling down to scream/stutter some more.

[quote]3. Apparently you havn't seen the newer Mortal Kombat games. They have almost nothing in common.[/quote] I've played them. Scorpion and Sub-Zero have been long outclassed by the new characters, and the revised older line-up. Performance-wise, in the games, Scorpion and Sub-Zero pale in comparison to what can be done with Raiden.

In the movie, Sub-Zero is killed by a bucket of water.

I forget how Scorpion dies in the movie, but I'm fairly sure he was bumped off by some loser Hollywood C-list celebrity (aka Johnny Cage).

Let's not forget that the first Mortal Kombat movie came out in the early/mid 90s, which means the newer generation MK games hadn't even come out yet, which means at that time, Scorpion and Sub-Zero were even more lame and ineffectual than they are now.

[quote]4. While I will admit that Pirates of Dark Water was a great show...[/quote] No cartoon relating to this topic can ever top Pirates of Dark Water, because their voice talent included Tim Curry and Jodi Benson, the woman who played Ariel in The Little Mermaid, and mermaids have more to do with pirates than ninjas, including making appearances in Peter Pan, a movie whose main villain is a pirate, again completing the circle to show that everything eventually comes back to pirates.

Pirates of Dark Water also featured Peter Cullen, who played Optimus Prime in the 1980s Transformers cartoon. Optimus Prime. Stick that in your ninja pipe and smoke it.

Acheron, chains+heavy objects+adult male pirates+being out at sea>>>>>>>>baby ninjas. You've shown me doctored photos of a baby kicking an asian in the chin. Guarantee you that unless the baby is something like the rabbit from Monty Python on the Holy Grail, those pirates would have baby filet for dinner.