OtakuBoards

Favorite Band(s)

2010DigitalBoy

[COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Tool [/B] is my favorite band of all time and currently. Each of their CDs has a unique and equally amazing sound, and I love them all right down to the first EP. Unfortuanetally, I still haven't managed to get my hands on the DVD yet.

[B]Opiate [/B] - Opiate was Tool's first recording, an EP. It has a very raw, dark sound to it. The songs are all blatant attacks on the wrongs of society and are also short in comparison to future Tool songs. This CD keeps the deep, swamplike sound of their later works, but with a more thrashing attitude.

[B]Undertow[/B] - Undertow sounds a lot like Opiate, but much deeper. When I listen to this CD then by the sixth song I usually feel like I'm miles underground and buried in sludge. Their lyrics are highly satyrical regarding society, but all have a very deep, almost wounding nature. Like... "God damn. That's messed up." The last song, Disgustipated, features some of the coolest music I've ever heard used with crazy sounds like sheep and chickens. After 7 minutes it literally goes into 8 minutes of the sound of crickets chirping before a demented short story closing off the album.

[B]AEnima[/B] - This CD introduced me to Tool and is probably the most interesting CD I've ever heard. It opens with [B]Stinkfist[/B] which almost slashes the swampiness of the previous album to shreds and gives a calm and almost depressed feeling. Several songs have the more swampy feel of Undertow such as [B]Jimmy[/B] and [B]Eulogy[/B]. The 9 minute song [B]Pushit[/B] mixes the deepness with an almost comatose instrumental throughout the center of the work. [B]H.[/B] and [B]Forty Six & 2[/B] have a more spiritual feel as if someone were questing their conscience for something. Then theres the two angry thrashier songs [B]AEnima [/B] and [B]Hooker With A Penis [/B] which both are more basic hard rock songs which are ripe with anger. After listening to the sound of wind and static for four minutes through [B](-)Ions [/B] you get to the trip-show that is [B]Third Eye[/B]; a thirteen minute epic which goes through a plethora of tempo madness. Cutting in between songs are all sorts of strange musical interludes such as one German song which sounds like a dictator giving a speech but is actually a recipe for meatballs and a very angry man leaving a nasty message on someones machine.

[B]Lateralus[/B] - This is probably my favorite of all the Tool CDs. Interestingly, aside from the first song, [B]The Grudge[/B], the muddy-swamp sound is all but gone. The songs remain mildly creepy, but take on more of a total prog-rock sound. Firstly, the music is amazing and blows me away that a guitar, bass, and drum could be played so well. Besides the first 2 tracks, the lyrics for all the songs on this CD come from a more philosophical and existential standpoint. There aren't any breaks this time around - this CD is a one way trip into your mind. [B]Lateralus[/B] is also one of my favorite songs of all time.

[B]10,000 Days[/B] - Take everything you expect and throw it out the window. This CD is utterly amazing. The CD is mostly centered around two epics, each of which consists of a shorter opening song and an 11 minute second part. The first is 1[B]0,000 Days[/B], which simultaneously critisizes empty-hearted Christians and acts as an ode to [B]Maynard[/B]'s dead mother. This song takes on the feel of a sad rainy day and leads into a great scene of anger over an amazing bass line. The second epic [B]Rosetta Stoned[/B], tells the story of a man wking up in a hospital after being abducted by aliens in Area 51. He was the chosen one, but he cant remember the message he was to give. RS has the same feel as [B]Third Eye[/B], where you feel as if you're on a journey through the music, but unlike much of the older trippy Tool songs, it features constant music instead of minor sounds. Aside from these two amazing epics, there are 4 6-8 minute songs all dealing more with social issues which are all increadible.[/COLOR]

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Sienna]Watch out where the Huskies go... Don't you eat that yellow snow!

Ahh... Frank Zappa... Good stuff.

Anyways, my new favourite artist are [B]Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble.[/B] SRV is, as far as I'm concerned, the second best blues guitarist ever. Obviously BB King is still the Lord and Master of the Blues Guitar, but I love SRV a little bit more. The bassist for Double Trouble has some really great riffs, too.

My favourite songs have to be "Pride and Joy," "Texas Flood," "Crossfire," "Cold Shot," and, of course, "Couldn't Stand the Weather." Texas Flood is the best example of his guitar playing abilties, besides a live cover of Hendrix's "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)," and involves an awesome guitar solo. "Scuttle Buttin'" is a neat little instrumental too. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Bloody-Chi] Berzerker-ya like screaming noice then this is for ya'n some more :animeswea

[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Wow, didn't expect this one. If anyone else has heard the [B]Beserker[/B], they know how [U]insanely[/U] fast the drummers' blast beats are. It's a constant torrent of br00talness all over your face!

You can't handle the [B]Beserker[/B]. [I]No one[/I] can handle the [B]Beserker[/B].[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Billy Shears][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Wow, didn't expect this one. If anyone else has heard the [B]Beserker[/B], they know how [U]insanely[/U] fast the drummers' blast beats are. It's a constant torrent of br00talness all over your face!

You can't handle the [B]Beserker[/B]. [I]No one[/I] can handle the [B]Beserker[/B].[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I've never heard of[B] Berserker[/B], but if anyone has heard of two-man black metal band [B]Satyricon[/B], there are some rediculous drums in there. One song, the title of which escapes me... it's the 9th track on [B]Now, Diabolical[/B], has the most insane drums I've ever heard. The snare is hit with such machine gun consistancy it's unbelievable, especially because the symbols and bass are being hit at the same time, and when it goes into the chorus there's this amazing drum-roll.

[B]Frost[/B], the drummer, actually destroyed several drumsets with his playing during recording and it took them longer to create the CD.

EDIT: The song title was [B]Storm: The Destroyer[/B][/COLOR]

The Berserker is actually kind of annoying. I can handle them no problem at all, but as far as Death Metal goes these guys need to get some better techniques down other then hyper fast drumming as far as I am concerned. Though that is not to say I do not listen to them every once in awhile.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Another favorite band of mine is a little-known band known as [B]Bad Acid Trip [/B] (if anyone showed up early at [B]Ozzfest[/B], they were the really crazy bastards.) They only have one CD out as of yet, and the only reason I've heard of them is because my family parents are friends with them. BAT are close friends of [B]System[/B] [B]of a Down [/B] and just about any SOAD tour will open with them.

Their CD [B]Lynch The Weirdo [/B] is easily described by the album's subtitle, [B]Energetic Bursts of Psychopathic Fury[/B]. All of their music is fast, their songs are short (17 tracks in 32 minutes) and there is a lot of screaming. The guitars are zany, out of control, and skillful. They have a very trippy, psychadelic feel as the name would suggest.

Perhaps the best part of their performance is the lead singers voice, which is sometimes screaming but sometimes takes a hilariously stragne deep voice. It sounds like 2 different people are singing, but it's in fact one really weird dude.

The lyrics of their songs, though barely telligeble and sung at sometimes super-speed are always political, satyrical, funny, and strange. They are also very sexual and the album art agrees.

A good comparison would be to put [B]GWAR[/B] on acid, play it in fast forward, and dump a pan of political paint on it.[/COLOR]

• 3 months later...
[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange]I've never heard of[B] Berserker[/B], but if anyone has heard of two-man black metal band [B]Satyricon[/B], there are some rediculous drums in there. One song, the title of which escapes me... it's the 9th track on [B]Now, Diabolical[/B], has the most insane drums I've ever heard. The snare is hit with such machine gun consistancy it's unbelievable, especially because the symbols and bass are being hit at the same time, and when it goes into the chorus there's this amazing drum-roll.

[B]Frost[/B], the drummer, actually destroyed several drumsets with his playing during recording and it took them longer to create the CD.

EDIT: The song title was [B]Storm: The Destroyer[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Eh, Now, Diabolical FTL.

The Forest Is My Throne is where it's at if we're talking Satyricon. Although I haven't gotten around to listennig to Dark Midieval Times, which I hear is excellent.

All-time favorite band is without much question Iron Maiden. Hallowed Be Thy Name is the epitome of what pure heavy metal should sound like, in my opinion.

Slayer comes in at a cool runner-up spot. They are responsible for so much in the developement of dark, aggressive metal.

I have to give Pantera number three. The classic southern metal crossover act.

Old school Metallica at 4. No need to expound.

The Black Dahlia Murder is a good number 5. Modern melodic death masters.

Amon Amarth gets the number 6 spot. "Rape and pillage metal."

At The Gates at 7. Under the Serpent Sun--'nuff said.

Light This City at 8. A young, female fronted Bay Area melodic deaththrash band. This is the band to watch.

Cannibal Corpse gets 9. I justpicked up their boxed set for Christmas.

Arch Enemy will get the 10 spot.

Everything from 6 and on is subject to frequent changes.

-Justin

I'm done.

-Justin

[FONT=Arial]Though I'm still madly in love with AFI, I'm going to post about some of my other interests.

At the moment, I think I'd consider [B]Placebo[/B] my second favorite band. I've probably been listening to them for about two years now, and I have the Sleeping With Ghosts album and two other songs. I love Brian Molko's unique voice, despite it sounding like he has a very bad cold. Their songs are mostly upbeat and are a lot of fun to sing along with. One of my favorites would have to be "Pure Morning," because my friends and I sing it to each other a lot in that nasally voice Brian uses.

Another favorite is the [B]Misfits[/B]. I haven't been listening to them as long as my other most cherished bands, but they're really fun as well. Danzig's voice is one one of the best male voices I've heard, and his lyrics are very campy and dark. The songs are very simple to play, but they're really catchy. There's just something amazing about singing "I turned into a martian, wooooaahhooh, I can't even recall my name, WOAAH." Part of the reasom I love the Misfits is probably because of how much they influenced AFI in their earlier years, though.

Now, my most recent favorite is [B]Smashing Pumpkins[/B]. I was making a playlist for my friend, and she told me to put the song "Zero" on it. So, I downloaded it, along with "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" and "Tonight, Tonight." I ended up loving Zero so much (having heard the other two on the radio several times) that when my cousin let me use his iTunes gift card, the first thing I bought was Smashing Pumpkins' Greatest Hits. Some favorites from that CD are "Zero," of course, and "Tonight, Tonight," but also "Ava Adore," "1979," "Disarm," and their cover of "Landslide."

EDIT - Drat, I forgot some.

[B]London After Midnight[/B] - A very amazing goth band. I first heard their entire Psycho Magnet album on Launchcast Radio two or so years ago and I fell in love. The dark lyrics and cold ambience make them absolutely perfect to listen to when trying to write a story about vampires. My favorites include "Kiss," "Where Good Girls Go to Die," "Carry On Screaming," "Hate!" "Letter to God," and "Claire's Horrors" (which is cool because it has my name in it).

[B]Siouxsie and the Banshees[/B] - This band has been classified as pioneers of both punk and goth music. I think I first heard them on Launchcast Radio, too, back when I was in eighth grade. Siouxsie Sioux has a very memorable voice, and it's really just a great, fun band in general. Hands down, my favorite song is "Cities in Dust." [/FONT]

[color=darkred][size=1]

Right now, my favorite band is [b]Gym Class Heroes[/b]. They make great hip-hop beats and rythmn with usually instruments alone. Rememberable songs, and just a great flow of music. Also their leadsinger/emcee is really talented. I don't know why they aren't bigger on the popular scene, but I love 'em.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=Plum][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Well I'm pretty much a oldies fan. I like some bands from 60-80's bands such as ACDC, Posion, Gun n' Roses, Black Sabbath, and Twisted Sister. Yet I do like some current bands now.

[B]Lacuna Coil[/B] is a what I consider power metal band from Italy, Milan. Even though from Italy they do sing in english. I'm very found of there new record [B]Karmacode[/B]. I think they have a done with Karmacode's 2006 release. Lacuna Coil's 2002 [B]Comalies[/B] was a wonderful album as well yet they really didn't get noticed untill 2004 with Heaven's Lie. Even though this may be true they are still one of my favorites.

[B]Otep[/B] happens to be one of my ultimate favorite. I stubbled upon them about a month ago but there albums are amazing, so to say. Finding Otep's albums is a tedious task. The hardest album to find is THE ASCENSION there 2007 release. I have been hearing there old songs and my favorite song is God is a Gun. I been hearing 1 song from THE ASCENSION album which is Ghostflowers which fuels my agreeness to find the album.

Thats all the bands I'm able to talk about in the moment.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Sienna]Currently...

[b]Warren Zevon[/b] reigns supreme in my books. Just an incredible artist. IMO he's the best songwriter of all time, he's witty and dark and sarcastic and makes just incredible music. Normally I'm not into all that depressing music, but Zevon really makes it work. Great vocalist aswell. He can make you cry, he can make you laugh, he can make you nod your head and go "YEA!", he's Warren Zevon, and he's the best. "Werewolves of London," "Hit Somebody," "Dirty Life and Times," "Disorder in the House," "Desperados Under the Eaves," "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner," "Ain't that Pretty at All," "She's Too Good For Me"... Ah, too many good songs!

[B]Stan Rogers[/B] is currently sitting near the top of my list of Favourite Artists. Incredible Folk legend, a master of the modern sea shanty and a great poet. Has a really enjoyable voice, and his backing band is really good. Great sing-along artist too, not very complex but still a great listen. "The Flowers of Bermuda," "The Nancy," "Barett's Privateers," and "The Wreck of the Athens Queen" are my favourites.

[b]Frank Zappa[/b] has recently cemented a place near the top of my favourites list. I love his music, love the style and find a lot of his songs very funny. Great guitarist and an even better lyricist and satirist. "Catholic Girls," "Jewish Princess," "Dynamo Hum," and "Mudshark" are some of his best.

[b]Jethro Tull[/b] always makes great prog rock, very complex and with a cool, quirky vocal style. +10 for using the flute in almost every song, probably second to only [b]Canned Heat[/b] when it comes to the Rock Flute. "Aqualung," "Locomotive Breath," "The Whistler," "Cup of Wonder," and "Minstrel in the Gallery" are my personal favourites.

An assortment of blues artists have made a strong push for my favourite artists, including: [b]The Jeff Healy Band[/b], [b]Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble,[/b] [b]George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers[/b], all some greats groups with some sweet sounds.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Just two of many:

Blink 182- The guitar, drums, bass and lyrics are nearly perfect. All of which fit perfectly with the songs they write. Blink 182 also gives off a great positive energy with thier songs. They tend to be on the funnier side, which I think makes them all the more better. The lyrics they made were great. They are some of the greatest song writers ever. The break up that occured really sucked but with the two bands stemming from it, it means almost the same Blink good ness.

Atreyu- With all of there CDs they have only gotten better. They have (In my opion) the perfect time when the lead singer screams and when the drummer does the soft spots.The guitar and bass fit great with it. The high speed makes it all the more better.

[QUOTE=Meatlhead1]

Atreyu- With all of there CDs they have only gotten better. They have (In my opion) the perfect time when the lead singer screams and when the drummer does the soft spots.The guitar and bass fit great with it. The high speed makes it all the more better.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually a pretty big fan of new Atreyu. The older stuff appeals a little bit to my soft spot for metalcore, but that new record has, to an even greater extent than the last record, an almost hair metal quality in it's riffage. Good pop metal.

I still say the best record from a young Cali metal band this year is Facing The Thousand by Light This City. I saw them at a show with Napalm Death, Arsis, A Lfe Once Lost, Dead to Fall, Animosity, Through the Eyes of the Dead, The Acacia Strain, and From a Second Story Window--and I was floored.

I expected the stop-go guitar work, ridiculous empty-air breakdowns, random blast beats, and pig vocals of the new deathcore trend. What I got was a sweet deathrash surprise. All the melody of At The Gates, all the speed of Slayer, and an obviously Black Dahlia tone.

Check that ****.

-Justin

[QUOTE=Nucifer][COLOR=Plum][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]
[B]Lacuna Coil[/B] is a what I consider power metal band from Italy, Milan. Even though from Italy they do sing in english. I'm very found of there new record [B]Karmacode[/B].[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

They arent a power metal band in any sense of the term (power metal is stuff like Nocturnal Rites, Rhapsody, Angra, Galloglass, etc.). Lacuna Coil sounds like a rock band to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Favorite bands... hard to choose just a few, but I'll just talk about the best ones.

[B]Rush[/B]: The single greatest rock band of all time. Rush is excellent classic hard rock, and very progressive in the early days with alot of epic songs. They've changed with the times but have still managed to make great music. Some fans may diagree, but I particularly enjoy their 80s material from [I]Permanent Waves[/I] up to [I]Hold Your Fire[/I].

[B]Dream Theater[/B]: Despite appearing later than other founding Prog Metal bands, DT have become the poster boys for the genre. Every member is virtuostic in the playing of their instruments and the wailing vocals of James LaBrie are a perfetc match. Some of their best material includes the nearly 24-minute song [I]A Change of Seasons[/I] as well as [I]Metropolis Part 2: Scenes from a Memory[/I], a concept album about a man tormented by dreams of a past life.

[B]Queensryche[/B]: One of the founding bands of the Prog Metal genre in the 80s. They started off in the same vein as Iron Maiden, but achieved their breakthrough with [I]Operation: Mindcrime[/I], probably the current model for all concept CDs. It was literally a rock opera, and their tour for it included guest singers and video material to help flesh out the story.

[B]Ayreon[/B]: A project started by Dutch composer/instrumentalist/vocalist/producer Arjen Lucassen, Ayreon revived the "Rock Opera". Every album tells a story, and Lucassen assmebles and ever-changing team of people to perform the music, as well as enlist some of the biggest names in Prog to perform the vocals of the various characters.

[B]Kamelot[/B]: Evolving from typical European-type power metal (although they originate in the US), Kamelot has created some of the best power-prog music around today. Their last two albums - [I]Epica[/I] & [I]The Black Halo[/I] - are Parts 1 & 2 of the band's musical interpretation of the classic Faust story. And Roy Kahn smokes on vocals.

well there are so many bands out there i cant pick one favorite.so i have 4!and they are:

1.Flyleaf- they are fairly new and there sound is kinda like evanescence.and like evanescence the lead singer is a chick.

2.Likin Park-now i dont like any of there remix cds.were they redo their own songs.but i love their good cds like Hybrid Theory and Meteora.and i hear they are in the process of making a new cd.i dont know if its true though.i hope it is.

3.My Chemical Romance-oh they came out with a new cd called the Black Parade oh it is sooooooooo good.not as good as Three Cheers though.

4.Breaking Benjamin-they came out with a new cd not too long ago.theyre not very famous but you guys gotta hear them.they rock!

P.S not in any certain order.

[SIZE=1]A few favorites.

[B]Rammstein[/B]- Gosh in my opinion, they so pwn. I love all of their music, and when I'm ready to rip something in anger, they're there to acompany me >: D

[B]Snow Partol[/B]-They have my interest, great music.

[B]Massive Attack[/B]-AWESOME music, I love it, IMO.

And then theres [B]MUCC[/B], saw them play at Otakon, been a strong fan for years, I'm engulfed in their music and lyrics.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=TimeChaser]Favorite bands... hard to choose just a few, but I'll just talk about the best ones.

[B]Rush[/B]: The single greatest rock band of all time. Rush is excellent classic hard rock, and very progressive in the early days with alot of epic songs. They've changed with the times but have still managed to make great music. Some fans may diagree, but I particularly enjoy their 80s material from [I]Permanent Waves[/I] up to [I]Hold Your Fire[/I].

[B]Dream Theater[/B]: Despite appearing later than other founding Prog Metal bands, DT have become the poster boys for the genre. Every member is virtuostic in the playing of their instruments and the wailing vocals of James LaBrie are a perfetc match. Some of their best material includes the nearly 24-minute song [I]A Change of Seasons[/I] as well as [I]Metropolis Part 2: Scenes from a Memory[/I], a concept album about a man tormented by dreams of a past life.

[B]Ayreon[/B]: A project started by Dutch composer/instrumentalist/vocalist/producer Arjen Lucassen, Ayreon revived the "Rock Opera". Every album tells a story, and Lucassen assmebles and ever-changing team of people to perform the music, as well as enlist some of the biggest names in Prog to perform the vocals of the various characters. [/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]you are awesome. And what perfect timing as today i just got my first [B]Dream Theater [/B] CD ([B]Train of Thought[/B]) as well as [B]The Human Equasion [/B] (totally freaking awesome, way better than I thought it'd be). AND you like Rush. We need to hang out, heh.

Annnnywhooo....

[B]Opeth [/B] - These guys are awesome and create the defining bridge between my two favorite types of music, prog and death metal. They've got the best singer ever ([B]Mikael Akderfelt[/B]!) as well as the best of their genres.

I currently only posess 3 of their CDs, [B]Deliverance[/B], [B]Blackwater Park[/B], and [B]Damnation[/B], but I still love them. My least favorite of the 3 is [B]Deliverance [/B] mostly just because it drags on too long at some points. In a lot of ways it's like [B]Train of Thought [/B] by [B]Dream Theater [/B] with all the cool quirks taken out. I do love the song [B]Master's Apprentices [/B] though.

[B]Blackwater Park [/B] is probably the best Death metal albums I've ever heard and is well-imbuned with prog influence. [B]Dirge For November [/B] is my favorite song on there with the best blend of the lightest sound and the heaviest, darkest metal from the bottom of the pit.

[B]Damnation [/B] is what I consider the opus magnum of this band's music, though. Songs like [B]Windowpanes[/B], [B]In My Time Of Need[/B], and [B]Death Whispered A Lullaby [/B] are just indefinebly great. [B]Akderfelt [/B] is amazing.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy]you are awesome. And what perfect timing as today i just got my first [B]Dream Theater [/B] CD ([B]Train of Thought[/B]) as well as [B]The Human Equasion [/B] (totally freaking awesome, way better than I thought it'd be). AND you like Rush. We need to hang out, heh.

Annnnywhooo....

[B]Opeth [/B] - These guys are awesome and create the defining bridge between my two favorite types of music, prog and death metal. They've got the best singer ever ([B]Mikael Akderfelt[/B]!) as well as the best of their genres.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Kind of ironic, [B]Train of Thought[/B] was my first DT cd as well. Good stuff.

And I love Opeth too. I have the three you have plus the new one, [B]Ghost Reveries[/B]. That one is even better than [B]Blackwater Park[/B] in my opinion, though I count them together as the best Opeth has done, along with [B]Damnation[/B].

I first heard Akerfeldt on [I]The Human Equation[/I] and enjoyed his voice, and I'm also partial to some death metal so I gave Opeth a try and was really impressed. And if you don't have it, you should pick up their [I]Lamentations[/I] live concert DVD.

[QUOTE=TimeChaser]Thanks. Kind of ironic, [B]Train of Thought[/B] was my first DT cd as well. Good stuff.

And I love Opeth too. I have the three you have plus the new one, [B]Ghost Reveries[/B]. That one is even better than [B]Blackwater Park[/B] in my opinion, though I count them together as the best Opeth has done, along with [B]Damnation[/B].

I first heard Akerfeldt on [I]The Human Equation[/I] and enjoyed his voice, and I'm also partial to some death metal so I gave Opeth a try and was really impressed. And if you don't have it, you should pick up their [I]Lamentations[/I] live concert DVD.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I've actually got the CD version of that show as I bought a box set with all the disks I curently own (it's hilarious, because the boxset is rife with spelling errors and they screwed up the track listing on the Lamentation disks so my player thinks they're different songs.)

I've gotta say, [B]the Human Equation [/B] is amazing. [B]Arjen [/B] seems to be able to play anything! I can't wait to grab the [B]Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence [/B] CD as well.

[B]Pearls & Brass [/B] - This band isn't really like any of the other bands I lesten to, nor any other band I've heard personally. They're about as underground as underground gets since I can't find a single freaking person who listens to them, but they are definetally awesome.

Their LP [B]The Indian Tower [/B] is a masterpiece in a can (or rather, a disk). From the energetic grooves of songs like [B]No Stone [/B] and [B]The Mirror [/B] to the dragged-out-holy-crap-this-is-some-great-stuff riffage of [B]Beneath the Earth[/B], this disk is totally wicked sweet-awesome and contains ultimate riff-bustin. The best part, though, is the 2 acoustic tracks which are easily the coolest acoustic songs ever, [B]Away The Mirrors [/B] being one of my alltime favorite tracks.

I don't know what draws me to a stoner-rock, raw, blues-injected bass-guitar-drum jammer group, but I can't get enough.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Well, i've just recently got into a awesome band called [B]DevilDriver[/B]. This band has really caught my interest with some of their awesome song's. Some of my favorite song's by them would be "I Could Care Less", "Die (And Die Now)", and "Nothing's Wrong?". This is a really great band, especially if your more into heavy music. Definetly worth checking out in my opinion.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Whiskers
[SIZE=2]I narrowed it down to two. ><

[COLOR=Red]These would be mine[/COLOR]:

[B]Voxtrot[/B]: I think the band in general is good because of the way they bring out songs from so long out so well. They obviously made these songs up but it sounds as if it were from the 50's or 60's. Not too sure. =/

[B]Chordette[/B]: I really don't know how to describe this band... four women, four brilliant voices... they sung Lollipop and Mr. Sandman. Guess that's it?[/SIZE]