OtakuBoards

The Great OtakuBoards Scavenger Hunt 2006

Shy

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bombu][color=#8B0000']I ain't not no Mario enemy, foo![/color][/quote]

[color=darkblue][size=1]I think Mimminx was thinking of a Bomb-omb, lol.

Anyway, I'm thinking Solo might be a little off with his answer, so I'm going to venture a guess and say that the answer to #4 is [b]O_o[/b]. Anybody who would be spying on our lot from afar would definitely get a look like that on their face, lol.[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]Thanks again to White to took care of the responsibilities for last week's riddles. 8 of our riddles were answered correctly, making the scoreboard much more interesting.

silver_blade
Kitty
Ikillion
Katana
Sangome
Sakura
Boo
Desbreko

[center][b][u]Current Scoreboard[/u]

6 Points:[/b]

John

[b]5 Ponts:[/b]

Ikillion

[b]3 Points:[/b]

Solo Tremaine, Gavin, silver_blade, Desbreko

[b]2 Points[/b]

Delta, Vicky, Lady Katana, Jokopoko, Ezekiel, Papa Smurf, Sandy, Jeebs, DeadSeraphim, Kitty, Katana, Sakura, Sangome

[b]1 Point[/b]

Aaryanna, Boba Fett, Retribution, Kazuwa Nomura, Esther, Keyblade Wielder, Lunox, Tical Blue, Blase, Boo[/center]

And for those of you playing along at home, here are the answers to last weeks riddles:

1. Thread Icons
2. The Great Otakuboards Scavenger Hunt
3. Art by Request
4. Who's Online (Again. Ugh.)
5. Insert Image Button
6. Period.
7. Boo
8. Super Otaku Force
9. PWNED
10. The Desbreko Fanclub
[center][size=3][b]Week 10: Final Week![/b][/size][/center]

It should be noted that since this is the final week our answers are worth [b]twice[/b] their point value. Also, an incorrect answer will result in a [b]reduction[/b] in points from the scoreboard!

Also, to make sure these week's riddles are better than ever I have received help from one of OB's greatest poets. Giving away the name of the writer might give certain people an unfair advantage with the clues, so I won't reveal their name until next week. Thank you mystery poet!

[b]#1[/b]
[i][indent]She's in a position of power,
Blonde, clever, and as sweet as a flower,
Don't spam or whine or she'll cross that line,
From kindness and beauty into definite cruelty.[/indent][/i]

[b]#2[/b]
[strike][i][indent]Faithful husband, doting father,
His wife is definitely not one you should bother.
He uses the force, as a Sith lord of course.
Killing babies and children with a lack of remorse.[/indent][/i][/strike]

[b]NEW #2[/b]
[i][indent]What's a locked thread? Who can you ignore?
Here you can learn about these things, and so much more.[/indent][/i]

[b]#3[/b]
[i][indent]Five short of a score
These rhymes and lyrics reveal something more.[/indent][/i]

[b]#4[/b]
[indent][i]Faithful husband, doting father,
He uses the force,
As a Sith lord, of course.[/i][/indent]

[b]#5[/b]
[indent][i]A Rebel who likes to revel,
In pleasure of any measure.
Fan of Stardust,
And has heroes who are quite robust.[/i][/indent]

[b]#6[/b]
[indent][i]He hails from the lone star state,
Not that it's especially great.
People give him lots of adoration,
Which furthers his plans for world domination.[/i][/indent]

[b]#7[/b]
[indent][i]That which was once lost,
Now can be done at a very low cost.
Once forbidden by the administration,
Many now fling ourselves into without hesitation.[/i][/indent]

[b]#8[/b]
[indent][i]This can be used to enforce,
Without any modicum of remorse.
It can also be helpful and sometimes required,
To correct events that have since transpired.[/i][/indent]

[b]#9[/b]
[indent][i]She's lovely and artistic,
But angering her will cause her to go ballistic.
The original Queen of Role-Playing,
When irritated she becomes the Goddess of Slaying.[/i][/indent]

[b]#10[/b]
[indent][i]Handsome and witty,
Known for an assassin who was quite grim and gritty.
Held more titles than should be allowed,
Every day he makes OtakuBoards proud.[/i][/indent]

Final week. Come back next time to see who won, and what the winning prize was!

-Shy[/size]

[size=1][color=royalblue]Seeing as how it's kinda obvious who's gonna win, it's almost pointless for people like me to be posting. BUT WHAT THE HELL! At least I can give it a shot!
[QUOTE][size=1][b]#1[/b][i][indent]She's in a position of power,
Blonde, clever, and as sweet as a flower,
Don't spam or whine or she'll cross that line,
From kindness and beauty into definite cruelty.[/indent][/i][/size][/QUOTE]
I was thinking between two people, but my final thought process goes to [b]Lady Asphyxia[/b]. I'm pretty sure I'm wrong, but I did want to give this round a shot. =)

Man, if only I had participated earlier...[/color][/size]

[size=1][quote][b]#8[/b]

This can be used to enforce,
Without any modicum of remorse.
It can also be helpful and sometimes required,
To correct events that have since transpired.[/quote]

I'm going to guess the [b]post editing[/b] feature.

But yeah, I really wish I had participated earlier...and was smarter, heh. And is it just me, or are there more actual users as potential answers this time around?[/size]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1][b]#10[/b]
[indent][i]Handsome and witty,
Every day he makes OtakuBoards proud.[/i][/indent]
[/size][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Tahoma][B]10 -[/B] Shy.

*slaps herself silly*I totally missed that we were only allowed to answer [B]one [/B]riddle. Blame it on the construction workers who woke me up at 7 AM with machines that sounded like a dentists' tools, only 10 times louder ;___;

Sorry Shy and Sandy[/FONT] :animeblus

Mimminx, not fair! >:/ You can't steal [I]all[/I] the answers... *sobs*

I will give my answer now, even though [I]one[/I] of Mimminx's answers is the same (I swear I'm not stealing it, I reached the same conclusion!).

[QUOTE][B]#9[/B]

She's lovely and artistic,
But angering her will cause her to go ballistic.
The original Queen of Role-Playing,
When irritated she becomes the Goddess of Slaying.[/QUOTE]

[B]Answer:[/B] Neuvoxraiha

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1][b]NEW #2[/b]
[i][indent]What's a locked thread? Who can you ignore?
Here you can learn about these things, and so much more.[/indent][/i][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]That little thing so many new members, and some old forget to read ? [b][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/faq.php?]The FAQ[/url][/b] of OtakuBoards.[/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial]I can't believe I made in time to this one. Even though there's no chance of winning, I'm going to answer it to make myself feel important.

#10 is obviously Dragon Warrior!

And I feel totally amazing that one of my threads is a possible answer to one of the riddles. <3[/FONT]

[size=1]I'm going to give you guys a few more days to answer these, since I posted them late in the first place. You should definitely participate in this and post an answer if you haven't already. With John choosing not to post for whatever reason, the door is open for someone to take the lead.

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE][size=1][b]#4[/b]
[i]Faithful husband, doting father,
He uses the force,
As a Sith lord, of course.[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]My guess, and I'm sure it's wrong, is [B]Jokopoko[/B]. I haven't posted in here before or if I did, I don't remember. However, I'm hoping that's the right answer.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Shy][size=1']With John choosing not to post for whatever reason, the door is open for someone to take the lead.[/size][/quote]
[color=royalblue][size=1]"Technically" speaking, though, wouldn't John's answer of "everything is 42" mean that he gets knocked off 2 points? (Unless everything REALLY is 42, at which point I'm eat my socks.)
I mean, 'cause then, there aren't that many people who could win this except if you already have four points. (Yes, I'm selfish. =P)

Keep going guys, have this go with a bang! ^^[/color][/size]

Given that Shy and White obviously can't accept the overwhelming truth of 42-ness, I'll give them their idea of a "real" answer. [img]http://otakuboards.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1][b]#10[/b][indent][i]Handsome and witty,
Every day he makes OtakuBoards proud.[/i][/indent][/size][/QUOTE] I'll go ahead and guess Generic NPC #3 (he hasn't been used as an answer yet, has he?). I'd agree that this is indeed Syk3, but the idea of Spike Spiegel as an unusually "grim and gritty assassin" doesn't quite click with me. On the contrary, Tony's repeatedly-used Persona character for RPGs fits that boot quite well, and I also take the use of past tense in "held more titles" to mean a defunct member, which Tony is (well, was, since he apparently came back some time after this riddle was posted).

Good luck, all. ^_^

[size=1]Thanks again to White to took care of the responsibilities for last week's riddles. 8 of our riddles were answered correctly, making the scoreboard much more interesting.

Tical_Blue
BKStyles
Mimmi
Katana
Ikillion
Convoy Butterfly
Gavin
Desbreko

And in case you were wondering, the special mystery poet of last week was the lovely [b]Nuevoxraiha[/b].

[center][size=2][b]Final Scoreboard[/b][/size]

7 Points:

Ikillion

5 Ponts:

Gavin, Desbreko

4 Points

Katana, Convoy Butterfly, Sandy, John

3 Points:

Solo Tremaine, silver_blade, Desbreko, Tical_Blue

2 Points

Delta, Vicky, Lady Katana, Jokopoko, Ezekiel, Papa Smurf, Jeebs, DeadSeraphim, Kitty, Sakura, BKStyles, Mimmi

1 Point

Aaryanna, Boba Fett, Retribution, Kazuwa Nomura, Esther, Keyblade Wielder, Lunox, Blase, Boo[/center]
And for those of you playing along at home, here are the answers to last weeks riddles:

1. Lady Asphyxia
2. FAQ
3. 15 Random Songs
4. Gavin
5. Red 6
6. DeathKnight
7. Spars
8. Post Editing
9. Nuevoxraiha[/size][quote name='Clurr][FONT=Arial']#10 is obviously Dragon Warrior![/FONT][/quote]
[size=1]No, not quite.[/size][quote name='John']I'll go ahead and guess Generic NPC #3[/quote]
[size=1]Nope. It's me! How could it possibly be anyone but me?

10. Shy!

Anyway, aside from the fact that I should ban both John and Clurr for guessing wrong on #10, I want to thank everyone again for their participation and support of this event.

Special thanks to our winner [b]Ikillion,[/b] who earns himself the honorary title of 'Scavenger.' If she weren't a mod, she would have had this in place of his regular 'Member' title. Ikillion remains our official OtakuBoards Scavenger until the next Great OtakuBoards Scavenger Hunt., and he has earned himself a position as a judge on our next new exciting event...

[center][img]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5436/oi2fcopybc8.jpg[/img][/center]
-Shy[/size]

[color=#56995e][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][QUOTE=Shy][size=1]
Special thanks to our winner [b]Ikillion,[/b] who earns himself the honorary title of 'Scavenger.' If she weren't a mod, she would have had this in place of his regular 'Member' title. Ikillion remains our official OtakuBoards Scavenger until the next Great OtakuBoards Scavenger Hunt., and he has earned himself a position as a judge on our next new exciting event...[/size][/QUOTE]

Yeah just saying this for future reference, I am not a girl >.>; I do have a [spoiler]lol made you look[/spoiler] after all

Till the next even then yeah?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]