OtakuBoards

Has anime ever made you cry?

PaganAngel

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]For the most part anime, or any other show for that matter, doesn?t make me cry. But every know and then one sneaks in that manages to get me. And in this case it was Yu Yu Hakusho. It was the very beginning of the series during the episode when they are holding [spoiler]the funeral and everyone is all upset [/spoiler]that I found myself actually crying a bit.

It wasn?t really a totally sad moment since the main character [spoiler]comes back to life.[/spoiler] But watching everyone in that moment reminded me too much of all the real [spoiler]funerals I?ve attended, including the one for my brother [/spoiler] And even though I know it?s just an anime, it always gets me every time I watch that episode of the show.
[/COLOR]

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am such a sap when it comes to sad anime...the tissue boxes litter my floor...

I would say the one that I cried the most during was Grave of the Fireflys, it was so depressing I couldn't finish it in one sitting. I actually turned it off and came back to it because I just couldn't do it.
I found myself crying at the end of Chrono Crusade and X, as well as Fruits Basket (which signifies that i am the biggest wimp ever!). Fushigi Yugi probably activated my tear ducts as well at some point..even though it ended fairly well. Witch Hunter Robin usually leaves with the feeling of crying, becuase I get so melancholy from it... does that count? Oh, and I can't forget the short, Voices of a Distant Star...that one got me all choked up too!

ok, i think thats enough to ruin my reputation as an anime watcher... enjoy! :animecry:

Guest Pinstripes
Well, I haven't really cried over anything, but there are a couple times when I've gotten really upset...

NANA-[SPOILER]When Nana Komatsu finds out that Shoji has been cheating on her! THAT JERK! *cough*[/SPOILER]

Death Note-[SPOILER]When Mat and Mello die...It was so depressing! They were so freaking awesome![/SPOILER]

Witch Hunter Robin also leaves me feeling saddish...

Full Moon wo Sagashite made me cry sooooo much! Some episodes of the series and the ending were sooo great but really brought a tear in my eyes. And Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind and Castle in the Sky both of those really cry. The music and final parts also really got to me.

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Man I haven't really watched anime in a while. But oh well.

In Fushigi Yugi [spoiler]When Nuriko dies protecting Miaka from that weird looking Seiiyuu Seven guy[/spoiler] I cried because it was so sad [spoiler]How could they just up and kill Nuriko like that?[/spoiler]

Sailor Moon the last two episodes of season One [spoiler]First Usagi loses her friends one by one. And they all died protecting her. Then when Mamoru who was technically Prince Endymion by that time died in SailorMoon's arms.[/spoiler] Oh and right after Usagi was revealed as Princess Serenity [spoiler] when Beryl sentanced Zoisite to die and he died in Kunzite's arms. It was so sweet because he wanted to die pretty and Kunzite made a bunch of Flowers.[/spoiler]

Okay not in the anime, actually the Manga and I forgot which one it was, but it was in A Horse With no name by the guy who wrote Mars. [spoiler]At the end of one of the manga this guy finally explains to this girl he'd been seeing that the reason he takes risks is because he feels he's the reason his friend died. BEcause during the hold up he was too scared to grab the gun before the robber could grab it and shoot his friend. Then to top it all off at the end he finds out that the girl he'd been talking to was brain dead and was going off the machines that day.[/spoiler]

I can't remember any more.[/color][/font]

So, I just finished watching the AIR TV series... [spoiler]The end is SO FREAKING SAD.[/spoiler] I cried my eyes out when [spoiler]Misuzu died because of that curse... :animecry: What a depressing way to end a series![/spoiler] Such a good series though... I REALLY want to see the movie now. I'm gonna watch it soon.

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=2]Well, I'm a crybaby. (XD) Especially when it comes animes and mangas.
Here are the ones...

Naruto - In vol. 4 when [spoiler]we found out about Haku's tragic past, and haku died, it was sad! I cried.[/spoiler]

I cried while watching both The Place Promised in our early Days, and Voices of a Distant star. But both of those movies are just sad! Anyone who's watched them should know.

While reading the City With No People inside the Chobits manga, I got sad, but didn't cry. It's a sad story. Although, it took me a while to figure out [spoiler]that they were talking about humans with persocoms, and chi trying to find the "one person just for her".[/spoiler] It was confusing, at first. But I guess it was kinda obvious when I look back... I'm just a little dense... I guess.. ^^;; lol.

Fruits Basket - There are many things to cry over in Furuba! To start, the scene where Tohru discovers [spoiler]Kyo's true form. But, she accepts him, and is not afraid to show her fear, which makes kyo happy. And then they hug! Yay the best part. :3[/spoiler] Um... there's also the part in the manga where [spoiler]we discover Rin's sad past, where her parents completely rejected her, saying they didn't need her. Poor rin!:animecry:[/spoiler] And lastly (I think) was the scene in vol. 1 where [spoiler]Tohru had to return to her grandpa's house because they had finnished renovating, but she realized she never wanted to leave. But yuki and kyo came to the rescue, and to bring her home.[/spoiler] It was more of a happy/relieved cry for that scene, i guess.

Some other ones I cried over were the ending of Pita-ten, and also in Pita-ten the scene where [spoiler]Shia's past was revealed, and when she found out that Taro was dead, and also the scene where she died. Sooo Sad! :animecry:[/spoiler]
Um... Oh yeah, one scene in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone complex made me cry, but I guess i was sort of a baby for it... i dunno. [spoiler]It was whent he Tachikomas died in the end, protecting Batou[/spoiler]. I guess I'm a crybaby! ^^;;; lol.

Um sorry I talk too much! ^^;;
That's all I can think of for now.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

-EDIT-

Oh yeah, it's not an anime or manga, but I cried when I found out that Ritsuko Okazaki died...

Guest Eilyndrath
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]Yes. I have cried a few times.
Like in Ouran High Host Club. The ending made me cry a little. Also the fact that it was the last episode of the series made me cry too. xD Nothing else really made me cry..much. xD
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest longhuflit
I don't know that's name is right. It's the story about the mystery book and two close girls (blue dragon and phoniex ^_^ not exactly). It's so sad and funny !!

Guest Anny-sama
Hmm~ What to say what to say...

I did watch some anime and cried a lot ~ not that it was sad or something, just that I felt like it.

Let's see...

Chrono Crusade ~ [spoiler]When that woman... that one with big breasts died (the red-head one, to be more precise) and when Azmaria sang to her... it was so sad... and of course when the main charas died... now that was when my room got all wet cuz I was crying a lot. [/spoiler]

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien ~ The anime is nice, I like the way it expessed emotions, love, unsecurity... and I cried a lot when [spoiler]Haruka and Narumi say goodbye... Haruka was the most mature chara in the series afterall and when saying that they had to live their own lives... she just made me cry, it was beautiful ^_^.[/spoiler]

Bleach ~ I love Bleach ^_^. There were some moments... some very emotive moments ~ like when [spoiler]Byakuya tells Rukia the truth about her sister and why he adopted her ~ and some others, I forgot them ^^;;[/spoiler]

Fruits Basket ~ OMFG I cried so much at Furuba~!!!11one like [spoiler]when Tohru found out about the secret beneath the cold attitude of Hatori ~ everything about Momiji ~ the last ep, when Tohru was at the grave of her mother and Saki told her to go back to the Sohma house and after that began crying... [/spoiler] I can say Furuba has lots of emotive moments, I began crying some only because they were beautiful, not only sad...

These are the anime I cried lots of times... there are anime where I cried less, altough I still cried :P. Won't post them here now 'cause I'm in a hurry~. ^^

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Plum]Well....sorta. >.< The only times I've ever cried over an anime was for Ouran or something. The main thing was that it was the last freakin episode and there most likely won't be a second season. =.=
I didn't even really cry..much. xD[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
well the only anime that made me cry was wolfs rain. it was the scene when [spoiler]tobe dies[/spoiler]. that was some heavy **** man!

and that was a great series!

[size=1][indent][color=#007520]Death God, fail to follow the rules and repercussions will be taken. Don't spoil the end of a series unless you cover it with spoiler tags. Otherwise, you might ruin the series for someone who hasn't seen it yet. And don't bypass the swear filter by exchanging one letter for another. It's there for a reason. -r2[/color][/indent][/size]

Guest LightningXIII
Yup.
Slam Dunk: [spoiler]When Shohoku beat Shoyo in a match, and the team members of Shoyo cry because they couldn't enter the finals(it was their last year in high school)[/spoiler]

Gundam SEED: [spoiler]When Freedom and Justice head to space from Orb and Akatsuki no Kuruma is played.[/spoiler]

Gundam SEED Destiny: Special Edition 2 ending.

There's more.. I reckon. But I can only recall these few now.

I have never cried on anime but i haved my share of moment of almost crying like on wolf rain when they were [spoiler]killiing off people[/spoiler] near the end,also on FMA when they started [spoiler]to killing off people[/spoiler] too.

[INDENT][COLOR=#007520][SIZE=1]Although mild, I added spoiler tags to your post so as not to ruin those two series for anyone else. -r2[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Aw man...

Answering this will decrease my manliness factor... :animesigh lol

Well, the time I can remember was once during Full Metal Alchemist...that one episode including Nina, they just had to have her around being all cute and stuff, and have that adorable little way of talking that I've dubbed "Little Girl Speak" (...no comment... :animeswea )...and then...[spoiler] her damned father had to fuse her with their dog, Alexander, and turn her into a chimera.[/spoiler] That was bad enough, I was already punched in the face emotionally, and watched on sorrowfully... But then...[spoiler] she ran away, and ran into Scar, who killed her to end her pain. [/spoiler] I was on the edge. I could feel my eyes getting heavy, as I watched Ed, crying, but I held it in. But, just I started to think I was gonna make it, the ending theme came on...and they snook in a cute little picture of Nina and Alexander cuddling. That was all I could take. :animecry:

<,-

Wow, I can't believe I made a short story out of that moment... :rolleyes:

[Tatsu's Manliness factor when down! Minus 50 points! Tatsu is now a *Sissy Pants!*][/FONT][/COLOR] :D

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Hmmm.....well I don't suppose anime has ever made me cry to an extent. And what I mean by that is that anime has made me [B]want[/B]to cry, I just don't let myself cry. So basically it has made me want to cry, and has also made me sad and depressed. So, to get to the point, no, anime has never made me cry.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Guest Sinful_lover
Let's see now...Anime's that have made me cry eh? Hm...well, here we go!

Fushigi Yugi: It was one of the earliest animes I remember crying to and my favorite char. was the first one to die..that and the ending was sad..
Cry Rate: :crying:

Chrno Crusade: After seeing all the crap and consequences Rosette and Chrono had to go through, I BAWLED my eyes out at the end..
Cry Rate: :bawl:

Cowboy Bebop: I cried a few times here and there like the ep's "Jupiter Jazz" with Gren and at the end with Spike..

Wolf's Rain: This was probably the worst series I cried to..almost every episode I was shedding some degree of tears..

Full Metal Alchemist: I cried at a few ep's here and there like with Ed and Al's mother's [spoiler]death,[/spoiler] Nina, Hughes, Scar, Lust, Sloth...it was..very emotional...
Cry Rate: Between :crying: and :bawl:

Trigun: No matter how many times I watch the show, I always did(and still do) BAWL my eyes out when Wolfwood [spoiler]dies...[/spoiler]

Basilisk: I only own a few of the dvd's so far, but considering I cried at the end of the VERY FIRST EPISODE must've meant SOMETHING!

Descendents of Darkness/Yami no Matsuei: Though the manga continues on from where the tv series left off, it was still a sad story and I cried at the end of the last episode..

Gravitation: I went through basically every emotional known to mankind with this series the first time I watched it...

WISH(the manga): I had never cried reading a manga series for as long as I've read them until I read the last volume of WISH...so sad...

Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal/Reflection: Both were real tear jerkers at the end...
Cry Rate: : Between :crying: and :bawl:

Fruits Basket: The only real part I cried at in the show was the story Momiji told Tohru about his mother...
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]Sinful_lover[/B], I added spoiler tags to your post, when discussing something that could spoil a series for someone who has yet to see it, always use spoiler tags. You can find quick and easy instructions on how to use them in the sticky titled How to post in Anime Lounge. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Haha! Yup.. touching scenes and scenes that are not suppose to be happening... YUp... ITs kind of sad when a twist happens... The way i cry not the teary cry.. I cry internally as my organs get washed and cleaned with salt.. haha... but still I feel sad when i watch sad anime than sad real life stories... I really dont know why...... IS it because of my daring perception?

• 2 weeks later...