OtakuBoards

Has anime ever made you cry?

PaganAngel

[FONT=Arial]Actually, TheO had a poll recently about this exact subject right at the beginning of November. I can't remember any other instances right now that have inspired any similar emotions, so I'll just repost it below.[/FONT]
[QUOTE=Allamorph, on Nov. 2nd][FONT=Arial][LIST][*][I]Wolf's Rain[/I] ? the ending theme. "Gravity" is a very sobering song for me.

[*][I]s-CRY-ed[/I] ? when Scheris [spoiler]sacrificed herself with Eternal Devote [/spoiler]to save Ryuho.

[*][I]FMA[/I] ? the episode in which Winry flashes a lantern out of her upstairs window to bring the Elrics back home. I actually wept.[/LIST][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]As to the ending of [I]Cowboy Bebop[/I], I didn't feel sad at all, except when [spoiler]Julia was shot. And even then, I was lauding the John Woo dove homage as I was hurting for Spike[/spoiler]. But I really felt more like I had finished reading a really good book. Sure, Spike [spoiler]dies (or at least that's what we are led to believe) at the end of his fight with Vicious, but his death was noble and proud, not sad. He won. He conquered his past, and I'm sure that just before he collapsed on the steps he felt peace. I would have[/spoiler].[/FONT]

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]I have to say that a lot of anime has made me cry. I can't stand it when someone cries in an anime becasue for some reason i start to cry. T_T im such whinp when it comes to that. I hate watching something sad . Becasue then i get all sad too. One of the biggest animes that made me sad was Loveless! I went out and bought the anime dvds there are only three but they are soo good! Lol. I have to say the frist one is VERY VERY sad! I mean the frist dvd lays all this sadness on you :animecry: I almost couldn't watch it but it sucked me in. There are a lot of anime that is that. Lol But i do cry *raises hand and hangs head down* i think i am the worst for that. Lol[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Oh, My GOD Yes.

Wolf's Rain- I balled my eyes out at the end. :animecry:

Fullmetal Alchemist- [spoiler]When Ed and Al's mom died, When Nina was turned into a Chimera,When Hughes died and Elisia was asking: "Mommy, why are we buring Daddy?" ,When Ed and Al had to kill Sloth, When Ed sacrificed it all for Al at the end and they held up their hands at the end. [/spoiler] :animecry:

Evangelion:[spoiler] Pretty much from episode 18 on, I was crying I cried when Shinji had to kill unit 03 with Toji in it, I cried when Rei sacrificed herself, I cried when Kaoru was killed, Then I was bawling in End of Evangelion through out the whole thing.[/spoiler]

Trigun- [spoiler]I cried when Vash cried. That was hard for me.[/spoiler]

Escaflowne - [spoiler]I cried when Van realized he loved Hitomi and when they had to leave eachother.[/spoiler]
Furuba - [spoiler]I cried when Momiji was talking about his mom, I cried when Kyo went through his transformation and had to relive all of the issues he went through, I sorta cried when Akito whipped Tohru in the end too.[/spoiler]

Eureka Seven - [spoiler]I cried when Renton and Eureka met back up after Renton ran away and I cried in the episode after that too. [/spoiler]

Cardcaptor Sakura - [spoiler]I cried at the last two episodes all through them mostly and I cried at the end of the second movie. I was like 9 then though. [/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KaomiSama
hmm, i dont know... The animes that really got me to cry.... hmmmm...

I'd have to say, the end of cowboy bebop... it made me misserable for like, 2 days... It was just so sad... I especially felt sorry for Fay, omigosh, it was just so sad...

the end of the first season of negima made me cry too, it was just so.... *crys*

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I cried when I realized there were no more episodes of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya left to watch. I had been so drawn in over the course of 2 days I never wanted to leave.

And now, the next day, I'm still crying over it because Haruhi's backstory made me so sad and I feel the same way as her, but I'm not [spoiler]god[/spoiler] so I can't do anything about it...[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iie_shinigami
[CENTER]i will admit to crying to DBZ when Vegeta [spoiler]dies[/spoiler] in the Buu saga, and at the end of .hack//sign when maho tries to speak, and then of course, at the end of the series... wow that was sad. anime can make you cry about anything if youre into it enough.[/CENTER][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][INDENT]I added spoiler tags to your post. When discussing something that could spoil it for someone who has yet to see the show, always use spoiler tags. For quick and easy instructions on how to use them take a look at the How to post in Anime Lounge sticky. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Lots of Anime and Manga make me cry, I've at: Naurto, Fruits Basket, Full Metal Alchemist and a few other i can't think of for the top of my head but I know that I'm the type who can be easily moved by anime/manga stories.

Guest Sakura+Shigure
For me it was Fruits basket [COLOR=Black]when kyo [spoiler]turned into his true form and torhu hugged him! that was just the saddest thing! but they beat akitos STUPID test so i was happy![/spoiler][/COLOR]

I would have to say, not yet. I?m not really into crying over shows, real life experiences perhaps, but not made up ones. ;) I do think the shows are well done in how they represent different emotions and people?s responses to them, but not enough to get me emotional as well.

Now if you were to ask if anime has made me laugh, that I can definitely say yes to.

Guest DaMangaBoy06
Episode 50 where [spoiler]Envy killed Ed[/spoiler] at the end, it was a shock. Everything they had fought 4 and struggled to aquire had been taken away in that instant.

DaMangaboi06...

[SIZE=1]Wolf's Rain- The entire series is so deep and sad [spoiler] especially when everyone dies in the end. But are reborned, to what I come to conclusion about. The music made it even sadder[/spoiler] but it's still an anime worth checking out.

Eureka SeveN-The series isnt really sadness, but there are definitely some parts. [spoiler]Like when Charles and Ray are killed, when Renton and Eureka have a fight, before Renton leaves the Gekko, also around the end of the series, when Anemone think's she's killed Domonic[/spoiler].

BLEACH- Renji, Byakuya's, Ichigos backstory's are pretty saddd.[/SIZE]

Guest Tsubaki
[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1] ( ; ^ ; ) I kept remembering all of the series i've seen as i read the thread and I've pretty much cried with all of them, except the second time i watched fruits basket. I remember I did cry the first time and I was sad for days x] but then it wasnt so bad the second time.

* Honey and Clover~ well.. I can't really spoil much because I pretty much cried on most episodes. This is probably the saddest, most deep anime i've ever watched...and my favorite ^ ^

* Chrno Crusade~ for the obvious reasons everybody has mentioned before.

* Hana Yori Dango ~ not the anime but the live action. I always cry at the end :|

Those are the top three animes that I've cried most over. And if I watch them again, I cry more ( ; _ ; )[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Bah, has an anime/manga made me cry? Too many to count. x.x So, instead of saying why I cried I'll just say which ones did.

-[B]Trigun[/B]: The whole series was chalked full of sad moments. ;.;
-[B]FMA[/B]: Hughes. -sigh-
-[B]Fruits Basket[/B]
-[B]Bleach[/B]
-[B]Naruto[/B]
-[B]Wolf's Rain[/B]: TSUME. -sob-
-[B]Spirited Away[/B]
-[B]Chobits[/B]
-[B]s-CRY-ed[/B]: Strait Cougar. ;.;
-[B]Inuyasha Movies 1 and 2[/B]
-[B]Fushigi Yugi[/B]: I blame Tasuki for being so emotional. ;.;
-[B]Cowboy Bebop[/B]: The Ending really did it in for me.

And many more I'm sure... XD

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]In the future, please also list [I]reasons[/I] on why you think that something made you feel in some way please, seeing as just simply listing a list of anime contributes as spam. Its good to see that you made an attempt to on some of the series, but still thats just not enough. ~Ikillion.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

There are lots of anime's that had me feeling really sad and depressed at the end when something sad happens, but the only anime so far that I remember watching making me actually cry was Please Teacher. I cried when [spoiler] Kei has that bad standstill and Mizuho tries to save him from it, but by doing that I think she broke some kind of law and had to leave earth, so it made it look like they would never see each other again [/spoiler] It was soooooo sad! :animecry: :animecry: :animecry: I didn't see it coming at all. But the ending was happy, so I feel stupid for crying :animeswea

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][FONT=Times New Roman]Im shy but yes...

-Fullmetal Alchemist-When Alphonse [spoiler]Transmuted himself to save Ed that tore me apart he was a great boy good thin Ed revived him[/spoiler]

-Evangelion-When Shinji had to take[spoiler] Karow's life[/spoiler] the slow Batoven symphy music was doin most of the work & Karow's reason why[spoiler] he should die[/spoiler]

-Elfen Lied-When Nana was[spoiler] literally having her arms & legs ripped off [/spoiler]I punched my wall pretty hard

-Naruto-When Sasuke beat[spoiler] Naruto & left him for the sound village [/spoiler]I say that made anyone sad

-.hack//dusk-When Rena was [spoiler]killed & was in the coma *same with Tsukasa*[/spoiler] I was tear she was to cute

& alot more but they would made ppl cry a river I guess[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][INDENT]I added spoiler tags to your post[B] Animepunk420[/B], in the future, when discussing aspects of a show that would spoil it for someone who has yet to see the show, always use spoiler tags. For quick and easy info on how to use them, just check the sticky on How to post in Anime Lounge. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

i've cried on so many anime, if it weren't for tissues, my room would be flooded.

FMA-at [spoiler]hughes's funeral. especially because my dad is in the military, and i kept seeing someone i know in the military in the casket instead of hughes, and when his little girl alyisia was tugging gracia's skirt saying "why are they buring daddy? if they bury daddy, then he won't be able to go to work anymore..."[/spoiler] i teared up so bad. and also the whole "nina" incident. i wanted to cry for days on that one...i mean she was so cute...and she just like...*waaaaah*!

YYH-okay, i know this is lame, but u'll have to excuse me, i almost cried when i thought (can't believe i'm actually saying this) [spoiler]kuwabara died.[/spoiler] i mean, it was so sad!

pokemon- okay, i was like seven, so no one laugh! it was the episode when ash [spoiler]thought he was going to give up pikachu...[/spoiler]i started to bawl.

Naruto-(here's a long list) garra's past is so sad, i mean, it was just all so sad....naruto's was as well, and sasuke's (but he can burn in heck, sasuke fangirls don't attack!) and neji's....and hinata's...and haku's...i mean that whole darn show is just sad!!!!

Black Cat-when [spoiler]saya died in train's arms.[/spoiler] that was just a plain tear jerker.

spirited away-when chihiro couldn't be[spoiler] w/haiku..[/spoiler].i thought it was very sad indeed.

yah...i'm sure there's more, but i can't think right now.
[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]hieiluver92[/B], I added spoiler tags to your post. When discussing aspects of an anime show that would spoil it for someone who has yet to see it, always use spoiler tags. For quick and easy instructions on how to use them just check the How to Post in Anime Lounge sticky. Also, my previous warning about improving your posts stands. Proper spelling and grammar is a must. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to mention an anime I don't think anyone has so far: Haibane Renmei. It gets sadder as it goes along. First it's just a few instances, but by the last couple of episodes it is full-on emotional. If you are not on the verge of sobbing while watching the final episode, you have no heart and soul :(

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I don't usually cry much to shows or movies unless I can relate or give it some thought, like I'm in the situation. But Wolf's Rain and Inuyasha do it for me.

Wolf's Rain- [spoiler]When Toboe and Quent, Tsume, Hige and Blue, Hubb and Cher, and Cheza died.[/spoiler] And that still gets me every time I watch those scenes!

Inuyasha- [spoiler]When that little ghost girl that hates her brother is being sent into Hell and she's all crying and stuff...[/spoiler] somehow that really got to me it made me so sad but that one only made me cry twice so far.

And 2 other exceptions would be the ending of the Suikoden III manga somehow I dunno maybe I was having a bad day too but the first time I read it it made me cry. The other was a music video with Zabuza and Haku in it even though I never saw those characters before that video made me cry so much! That's a great music video! It's got a great song too, Weapon by Matthew Good Band.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I shead a few tears during episode six of Air, but blubbed like a baby for ages during episode twelve. I felt so down after seeing it that I almost called in sick to work.

I cried a little at the final episode of Azumanga Daioh - not because it was sad, but rather because such a fantastic series was all over. Kagura bursting into tears because she couldn't take a desk home gets me every time.

Every ending of an anime.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]Welcome to Otakuboards, [B]Order Of Otaku[/B]

Please don't hesitate to go and re-read the Official Otakuboards rules as well as the How to post in Anime Lounge sticky located at the top of the forum. In said rules it states that one line posts like these are considered spam. Your future posts should contain more than just. "Every ending of an anime." try to be more descriptive and say why they made you cry, What series were they and so on and so on.

If you have any future questions feel free to Pm either myself or another Staff member~Ikillion[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kittygirl56
I cried at the end of Ouran High school Host club...It was such a awesome endin 'cause they all end up happy...so it was like tears of joy! I also cried while watching the one episode of naruto...I forget what they were doin but it was sadful...