OtakuBoards

Has anime ever made you cry?

PaganAngel

the end of cowboy bebop, the end of Samurai X: Betrayal.. well not the end exactly, [spoiler]when tomoe dies and all that[/spoiler]... there's more than that i'm sure.. i know i cried a couple times in hagaren too... oh, and that song fukai mori makes me kinda teary-eyed too... hehe...
[I]edit[/I]
and samurai 7, when [spoiler]katsu-noji shot kyuzo[/spoiler]and at the end; and the end of chrono crusade.. i was totally bawling :)
[i]/edit[/i]

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many movies or animes have the strength to make me cry. Reason being, it takes a lot to upset me over anything. However, some anime has made me blubber:

Elfen Lied: Basically the ending episode made me cry. I would put the details but I don't know how to black out the writing. Meh... :animesigh

Pita Ten: When Shia finds out who she really is and the events following. Again, I won't put the details in.

Azumanga Daioh: An amazing ending to an amazing anime... but it still hit me hard.

Guest KoboyashiSumiko
I also did cry on behalf of chobits. It was so heart warming at the end, and everything about that manga is great. Each little section contained lots of emotion and the whole thing gave a sense of reality, unlike most mangas.

Fullmetal Alchemist - When Nina [spoiler]as a chimera says "You promised you'd come play with me" and then gets blown apart by Scar.[/spoiler] Also, that episode when Lust [spoiler]kills her apprentice and wipes out the entire village[/spoiler]. There was another time, but it should go without saying.

Naruto - When Zabuza [spoiler] starts crying over Haku and dies next to him while it's snowing, and Kakashi says "he was as pure as the snow"[/spoiler].

Bleach - When Ichigo is fighting the Grand Fisher and [spoiler]his mother appears to him and tells him never to lose his smile[/spoiler].

Princess Mononoke - When San says [spoiler]"The forest is dead"[/spoiler].

[color=green][font=Comic Sans MS]Well, I'm a bit of a sap when it comes to touching anime and manga moments, to name a few that hadn't been posted (if they have please forgive me)

Voices of a Distant Star- [spoiler]Just the fact that the cupple just gets farther and farther away as she travels into space, and their text messages take longer and longer to reach one another.[/spoiler]

Naruto- After the timeskip, [spoiler]when Garaa dies and they show Naruto and Garaa as little kids and how they're so similar to start, but then Naruto starts making friends while Garaa is still left all alone.[/spoiler]

Gundam SEED- [spoiler]By the end of the series, most of my favorite characters had died.[/spoiler] Also the part at the end of the last episode [spoiler]where you think Kira is dead and Athrun and Cagalli are crying.[/spoiler]

Sailor Moon Stars- [spoiler]When Usagi rejects Seiya and he asks her, "Am I not good enough for you?"[/spoiler]

Bleach- Episode 31 or 32, [spoiler]The flashback that Renji has after Ichigo beats him. Especially the part where he regrets not going after Rukia and begs Ichigo to save her[/spoiler][/font][/color]

Guest mitsuki451
[color=purple]I am a big sap too! I cried during Trigun, Cowboy Bebop. Full Metal Alchemist, Full Moon Wo Sagashite, Evangelion, Naruto and the list goes on and on... ^^;
Happy moments, sad moments, romantic moments, they all bring a tear to my eye.[/color] :love2:

• 4 weeks later...
The vast majority of Elfen Lied made me cry. Just seeing how those jerks at the lab treat those poor diclonius makes me wretch a bit every time it comes up. like, for example, when you're first introduced to Nana, the condition she's in. And that one nameless one in the Kurama's flashback that was [spoiler]shot repeatedly with a cannon to test out it's vector power[/spoiler]. Learning about Mayu's past was a bit unsettling. Lucy's battle with Nana that ended with [spoiler]Nana getting her limbs ripped out of her body - no, not 'cut', like normal, ripped the f**k out[/spoiler]. Oh, and then what does the general decide to do with Nana once she gets back? [spoiler]F**king lethal injection[/spoiler]!!! I cried for like ten minutes there. (Luckily, [spoiler]Kurama managed to save her[/spoiler]. But you don't find that out until the end of the next episode, so it sucks while it lasts.)

What's next? Oh, yeah, then things get really 'good' at around episode eight, where you go into Lucy's past. [spoiler]That poor little girl! That poor little dog![/spoiler] I'd start running around killing people too if that was my past! Then, we get introduced to Mariko, who scares the piss outta me. But when they [spoiler]detonate her arm just to get a point across[/spoiler], I teared up a bit out of pure shock.

Even all of that doesn't compare to the final two episodes, where I was crying non-stop (literally) throughout the whole thing. It started with Lucy's flashback of the festival, where she [spoiler]gives in to her evil side[/spoiler], then just gets better as Kouta [spoiler]regains his memory of the train ride where Lucy killed his sister[/spoiler], Nana gets [spoiler]the sh!t kicked out of her by Mariko[/spoiler]...and then at the end, Kurama's confrontation with Mariko...that entire bit just makes me bawl (hard enough that mom came in to check on me while I was crying). Finally, Kurama pretty much [spoiler]abandons Nana for Mariko[/spoiler], which made me cry, and promptly gets [spoiler]blown up with Mariko on the bridge[/spoiler], which made me cry even harder. Finally, Nana, almost the most depressed she ever looks in the show, makes her way back home whilst Lucy [spoiler]confesses her love to Kouta, gets his forgiveness, and runs off to put herself in front of a firing squad[/spoiler]. Basically, the entire last episode had me shaking my TV screen yelling NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! AH, THIS SUCKS! DAMMIT! which, I'm sure, was amusing to watch, had you been there.

The problem with Elfen Lied (and consequentially that which makes it so effing awesome) is that nothing good EVER happens to the good guys, and the only person that can truly be considered a 'bad guy' (the general director) actually WINS in the end.

...Wow, that's a pretty scary-sized chunk of text. Sorry bout that, especially if you couldn't read it for fear of the spoiler tags ^^'.

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing's made me cry yet; I'm still looking for that one anime that's poignant (not necessarily sad) enough to do it for me.

I got close at the end of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, and I think I might've if all hell hadn't broken loose during the last couple scenes; I was trying to watch it, and suddenly the doorbell rings, and my dog goes berserk, and my mom's running around, and...yeah.

Full Moon wo Sagashite, too, but the manga, not the anime. The anime just kinda pissed me off, that [spoiler]Mitsuki didn't already know that Eichi was dead.[/spoiler] Maybe it's just because I read the manga first. What got to me in the manga was [spoiler]at the end, when Mitsuki's with Takuto and there's a page that shows Eichi reaching after them, as if he's being left behind and Mitsuki's already forgotton. I got choked up there.[/spoiler]

The closest I got, I think, was at the ending of Now and Then, Here and There, which I'm surprised nobody has mentioned (perhaps no-one's seen it...?) At the end, when [spoiler]Shu returns to his time/home/whatever the hell and picks up the bag he left behind. It's just like...after everything he's been through - after seeing so much death, terror, abuse - how do you go back? What do you do? Can you really return to the way you lived before, especially when there's nobody there for you? When he returns, Shu is left alone, weighed down by the heavy burden of what he's experienced, and has to find some way to pick up the pieces of his old life again.[/spoiler] It really is the most poignant moment I've ever seen. I was honestly depressed for a few days...heh, my family didn't know what was wrong. Truly a masterpiece.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Kanon and Air both made me tear up significantly. Almost every episode of Air beyond episode 3 had some kind of moment that made me tear up.

I can't remember the names of any characters, but hen the first girl's sister said how [spoiler]there nevr was any magic and then we see her crying, that was a teary moment. When that one bratty girl who I didn't even ike died it almost made me cry as well. Then there was te death of Kanna. Overall, the biggest though was the entire last 2 episodes with Misuzu and her mom that made the series truly brutally sad.[/spoiler]

As for Kanon, a list. I'll just keep it in tags. [spoiler]
1. When Makoto ate her pancakes.
2. When I thought the one girl with the green bow had died. There was blood and the anteater was destroyed and I was like NOOO!!!
3. When I had thought... um (damn names) sword girl had killed herself.
4. When she made the bunny zoo for her mom.
5. When I thought for sure Shiori had eaten pankakes.
6. When Ayu went crazy realizing there was no school. (mix of sadness and WTF)
7. When Akiko got hit by a car
This one made me actually shed a tear: 8. When Nayuki was crying and yelling at Yuuichi to get out.
9. When Ayu fell out of the tree[/spoiler]

There were robably a few more, but those were memorable.[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
anime that made me cry eh?.....think it was full metal alchemist.brotherhood relationship..so touching.. :animecry: and emm there's yuyu hakusho (when urameshi [spoiler]died fighting with sensui..[/spoiler]for a few minutes thou..^o^'') and lots more.actually i forgot.what i can only rmmbr is me with running nose infront of the tv.oh im such a crybaby..=.= (now realized)
[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][B]Space-chan[/B], please improve your post quality, using proper spelling is a must as it makes it easier for other members to understand what you are trying to say. Also, when discussing something that could spoil a show for someone who has yet to see it always use spoiler tags. I've added them for you this time, but please take a look the sticky on how to post in Anime Lounge for quick and easy instructions on how to use them. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~indifference[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

Cowboy Bebop is probably my favorite anime of all time, but it gets my vote for most depressing.

The whole Spike and Julia thing is just terrible.[spoiler] The slow motion death of Julia with the flying birds is pretty genius. Spike dying in the name of the one he loved, almost cried here.[/spoiler]

I felt pretty bad for Faye. [spoiler] Just before Spike leaves the Bebop, we learn Faye has feeling for Spike, then later you realize there is no hope.[/spoiler]

The biggest thing that hit me kind of hard was when Ed[spoiler] left the Bebop and left the good-bye note[/spoiler] :animedepr It's because of these moments I can't watch this show ever again. My mind just can't take all that at once again.

Guest TsukinoOokami
:bawl: Wolf's Rain. I was bawlling and my mom thought i was crazy. She didn't really think Toboe [spoiler]dying was worth the tears... [/spoiler]I still dissagree.
[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][B]TsukinoOokami[/B] when discussing something that could spoil a show for someone who has yet to see it always use spoiler tags. I've added them for you this time, but please take a look at the sticky on how to post in Anime Lounge for quick and easy instructions on how to use them. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~indifference[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

• 2 weeks later...
Full Metal Alchimast of course. i mean who DIDN'T cry from that show (unless i'm just a oansy... =/ ). i never got to see many episodes because that was before i had a cable but the saddest one i saw was when that guy[spoiler] turned his daughter Nina into a chimaer...or something like that.[/spoiler]
SUCH a sad anime =[[

~the Akatsuki are Watching~
*Ustez*

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]Please use spoiler tags when revealing spoiler-like material ~Ikillion[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest anime_luver118
[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial Black]no anime has never made me cry its made me speechless but it never made me cry enen though i almost cried at one episode of inuyasha but not really cry cry[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Kar
The only anime thats made me cry was Fruits Basket. When I found out that it only goes as far as the 8th volume in the manga. But that was it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest willstar
I cried to the story of Tony Tony Chopper. I dont know what did it. Im just a sucker for blue nosed reindeer.