OtakuBoards

The Game

Desbreko

[QUOTE=Momiji Love][color=DarkSlateBlue][size=1][font=Verdana]So what you are saying is ignorance is bliss?
Ignoring the fact that you are winning The Game (and The Game itself) is how to win.

Like the question of whether you want to know something and have it hurt you, or never know and never have to worry.

And since I am normally sort of bitter, I say now that "I lose."

No matter if you win or lose, its how you play [b]The Game[/b] .[/font][/size][/color][/QUOTE]
Ignorance is bliss as long as you don't fall victim to Tolstoy's White Rabbit Club. Downside there is that The Game is the competitive revisionary variation of Tolstoy's White Rabbit Club, wherein the vicious cyclical downward spiral of a general social consciousness further propels the individual into the pit, when said individual is unable to maintain a separation and/or distance from said social influences.

But in the very act of maintaining said distance, one acknowledges the existence of those deleterious social influences and thus arrives at the very same consequences as one who fully embraces the social negativity.

Thus, "ignorance is bliss" is a paradoxical perfection perpetually pursued by the participants, but ultimately a futile goal, for the only way to know one is winning The Game is to realize it. If one ignores their victory, and those around them presumably are unable to recognize it, for they are trying to maintain their own distance from the intellectually damaging concepts inherent in The Game...then no victory actually exists.

And thus, this brings us back to the original point of the game:

Everybody loses.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]I've decided to not take part in The Game. This means that I can safely think about the game without having to worry about losing or spammy posts. This ultimately makes me a winner in anyone's eyes.

I'd also like to mention that once my friend and I started a round of The Game and we both completely forgot about it so it kind of.. died. I hope the same thing, for OB's sake, happens to this thread.

There is no Game.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

This reminds me very much so of [U]1984[/U] by George Orwell.
You can SAY that something did not happen, but it still happened.
[I]Unless [/I]you can SAY it & CONVINCE it to everyone around you that it did not happen.
However, on Otaku, I believe that you can not convince EVERYONE anything.
Therefore, in an ignorant mindset, there is no Game.
But to everyone else who chooses to face reality, the Game is still there [[and continues to haunt and plague you until you swear to all things good and right that you will kill the creator of the Game.]]
...unless, of course, you actually [I]enjoy [/I]the Game.
And capitalizing the word "Game" makes me think of it as a cult...
Oh, and I just lost the Game.

I lost. This game is as bad as the umbrella game. Hey.... Now if that game isn't spam, Maybe I should start a thread.... Hmm. Interesting. I'll have to look into that.

I lost, by the way. Did I tell ya? I'll be posting in here every chance I get. I'm not denying that I'm stupid. And I'm not denying that I lost, which I did. Did I mention that?

[size=1]You know, there arent many games I dont like. And after reading this thread through a second time, I think I realised
a) how to play the game
b) that I dont like The Game
c) I'm gonna introduce this game to everyone I know asap just because I'm as big a jerk as Brekky ;p
d) I lost

Me and my friends still play that game from Malcolm In The Middle where you make a O below waist-height lol[/size]

[size=1][color=DimGray]Ah yes, [b]The Game[/b]. I've been playing it for about a year now. At my school, participants in [b]The Game[/b] are very ruthless in their competition. I've seen posters printed up and taped around the school at eye-level which read, "I Lost" in big, bold letters. However, the most ingenius scheme would have to have been during school elections. The candidates read their speeches over the PA for the entire student body to hear. Well, a friend of mine read his speech, and at the very end said, "Oh yeah, I lost." I could hear people yelling all over the school.
[/color][/size]
[quote name='AJeh][size=1'] Me and my friends still play that game from Malcolm In The Middle where you make a O below waist-height lol[/quote] [/size][size=1][color=DimGray]Umm, that game has been around waaay longer than [b]Malcom In The Middle[/b] has.[/color][/size]

[center][img]http://us.inmagine.com/168nwm/creatas/cr15150/cr15150018.jpg[/img]
[/center]

[size=1][color=DimGray]And, I guess I lost. Again.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]Welcome to the most awesome game thread on the boards. [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_%28game%29][u]The Game[/u][/url] is simple to play, so I'll get right into what few rules there are:

1. Knowledge of the Game is all you need in order to play.
2. You lose if you think about the Game.
3. When you lose the Game you must announce it.

That's it! Oh, and by the way, you just lost.

See, the great thing about this game is that, unlike other games on OB here that tend to foster short, spammy posts, this one encourages you [i]not[/i] to post. Because, if you view this thread and post, you lose. And you don't want to lose, now do you?[/color][/QUOTE]Okay let me see if I get this, first of all the only thing I need to play is to be aware of it? And by thus being aware I lose? Well that sucks! :animesigh

Okay since you posted first does that mean you lose? ^_~ Or are you now winning because you have refused to open the thread again? I swear Des, this is an evil game designed to make sure I lose every day since I have to look at the thread. It?s my job! :animecry:

I refuse to announce it everytime I lose though! ^_~[/COLOR]

I'm not thinking about the game. So I win. I'm talking about the game but not thinking about it. Take that you fell victum to your own game.

And ges what Desbreko!? You lost becaouse when making the game you thought about the game. (What you were going to do. So just say you lost. I'm thinking aboutwomen right now. Not the game. So you lost to your own creation.

:D

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']Welcome to the most awesome game thread on the boards.[/color][/quote]

[color=crimson]How much pot did you smoke before you came up with the idea of making this thread?[/color]

[quote name='Retribution][size=1']Maybe I should just stop coming to the Lounge so I can win.[/size][/quote]

[color=crimson]Cool. Can I help?[/color]

[QUOTE=Papa Smurf]And thus, this brings us back to the original point of the game:

Everybody loses.[/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]I like your style.

I had never heard of this before today so I had been winning for eighteen years before I read this thread.

[/color] :(

[SIZE=1]I hadn't heard of it either. Now my life is ruined.

And I came to this thread just to see what DeathKnight had written, because he always amuses me. And I was dissapointed.

Curse you, Ken! YOU'VE RUINED MY LIFE!

x_o[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Quote:
Originally Posted by [B]Sara[/B]
Basically, everyone loses [/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1][B]And therein lay the meaning of life. [/B] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][QUOTE][SIZE=1]Quote:
Originally Posted by [B]Retribution[/B]
Won't we lose as soon as someone posts in here, thus bumping the thread back into plain sight?

That's totally cheating. Maybe I should just stop coming to the Lounge so I can win.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Quote:
Originally Posted by [B]shy[/B]

Five OtakuDollars to the person who can come up with the snarkiest response to this. Go![/SIZE] [/QUOTE]

[B]Is it not that the game is not not un-winnable?[/B] [/SIZE]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hmmmmmm...I when did the game start?

I assume when the thread started...so I guess the one who wins is the last person to remember [I][B]THE GAME[/B][/I], huh? So the winner to [I][B]THE GAME[/B][/I] is the last person who posts on the board, and the board dies. But then, no one would know that you won, but you don't want anyone to remember because then they may post, ending your reign.:animedepr

:animestun

:animesigh

Oh, well...[spoiler][I]I win.[/I][/spoiler] [SIZE=1](for now... )[/SIZE] ;)

[quote name='Shy][size=1']Five OtakuDollars to the person who can come up with the snarkiest response to this. Go![/size][/quote]Well? :p[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=trebuchet ms]I thought I was onto a good thing when I removed myself from the "The Game" group on Facebook. No longer did I lose The Game every time I logged on to see how my university buddies were doing. Now I lose The Game every time I check the Lounge. And check it out, here's the irony. I mod the Lounge. I check it nearly every day. How am I supposed to win The Game now? I'm tempted to delete the thread without explanation just to further my domination of The Game.

Oh, and local rules (for me anyway) state "don't hate The Game, hate the person that caused you to lose The Game". So Des ... I hate you.[/font]

[QUOTE=Raiyuu][font=trebuchet ms]
Oh, and local rules (for me anyway) state "don't hate The Game, hate the person that caused you to lose The Game". So Des ... I hate you.[/font][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I don't lose.

Well, I lost five minutes ago. And you can't lose again five minutes after you just lost, that's a rule. So even though I lost, now I'm losing... To a lesser degree. Since the goal is to lose the least, anyways.

Me and my brother have been playing The Game for many months now. Meaning I'm nearing insanity. Now I've got my best friend in it. He loses almost as much as me.

Isn't that fun?

[/size]

'The game' doesn't sound good to me at all. Saying that no one will ever win. I thought I was doing good, thinking that I will never post in the thread so I wouldn't lose right? Well, look at me now. I've fallen into the trap many others have. I know stateing that this game is 'trash' won't change it.

I know that Des is having some fun out of winning since they haven't posted in this thread for alittle while (Meaning they win) so everyone else should just sit back and accept that you 'lose' by the game rules. I think that defeat is a state of mind so don't actually think you lost forever. Everyone can make a come back, at the same time there isn't one person who actually came into the lounge and didn't 'lose' by the rules.

So, if Des has been on there isn't anyway they could have won because the probably had an urge to post or even look at his thread (And even looking at the thread would make it a loss). So, for now this is the worst 'game' I have ever played in my life. Saying that I am not going to beat it. This game sucks more that a noob playing RE4 on Pro. They have no choice but to lose.

Anyway, to end this post, I guess there isn't anything that would make someone not lose. If everyone loses, no one wins. Or maybe everyone that enters the game wins because they are even with everyone else (In score). I guess thats it.

Thanks for your time, and remember...

Jesus is Lord!

[QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]
Anyway, to end this post, I guess there isn't anything that would make someone not lose. If everyone loses, no one wins. Or maybe everyone that enters the game wins because they are even with everyone else (In score). I guess thats it.[/QUOTE]

[size=1]Hah. Yes. Noone wins. The goal is to lose to a lesser degree.

But really, thinking about it, you couldn't enter the Lounge without thinking about The Game.

So it you tried to [i]avoid[/i] The Lounge, then you'd be doing so [i]because[/i] of The Game, therefore triggering you to remember The Game and forcing you to lose.

So avoiding the Lounge would essentially be just as bad as not doing so.

Game-wise, anyway.

[/size]

[quote name='sakurasuka][size=1]So it you tried to [i]avoid[/i] The Lounge, then you'd be doing so [i]because[/i'] of The Game, therefore triggering you to remember The Game and forcing you to lose.[/size][/quote]

Correct, meaning there is no real way to win. As Des said, you have to tell when you lose, therefore I lose by the games rules. I lose again by the game rules. I've lost three times in total. So I have ONE way of not losing. I'm not sure if it would count though.

If you consistantly think of the game, non-stop then you actually only thought of it once, therfore you would win because you never stopped thinking about it. If you really want to think about it like that then you would enver lose.

I might not fully understand these rules, but thats why I'm posting it so someone could tell me if I'm correct or wrong. I guess thats all I'm going to say for now.

thanks for your time, and remember...

Jesus is Lord!

[color=#4B0082]It's usually just understood that explaining the rules is an announcement of loss. After all, you have to think about the Game in order to explain it, thereby making you lose. So yes, I lost when I created the thread. And now I lose again!

But I don't mind. This thread has been worth it. :bdance:[/color]