OtakuBoards

[OBWT] Underground

Ellerby

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]You know, if you guys want you can just do all your pieces seperately and then just hand them in (in order) to me to put under the picture. If that's easier. ;)

[b]EDIT:[/b] Also, I refurbished the team graphics. [/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1]I'm currently at my cousin's house in California, and they don't have photoshop, so I'll probably be using PSP, too. XD;;

I'll start working on it later today 'cause I'm currently on a laptop lacking any graphic program whatsoever. ^_^;[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Ah, okay, two things:

[B]One-[/B] I'm a little disappointed that we have to have a set area of pixels to work in. Don't you think that'll make our piece far less artistic and make it look like it was done by separate artists? I thought the point was to work as a team. For example, Retri is fantastic with typography while my speciality is bright, contrasting backgrounds. I thought we would have been allowed to work with each other?s strengths to make a complete piece.

[B]Second-[/B] Four days for four people in different time zones to complete a graphic? One day's already gone and I don't know if Retri's even seen our thread. Don't you think you're pushing us a bit with that?

PS: We are the PURPLE COBRAS! And we will, we will [I]rock you[/I]! *clap clap hiss* [/SIZE]

[size=1][color=royalblue]I think part of the challenge is that you need to make the piece [i]flow[/i] from one person to the next. Like the OBGW, you can't say what the other person does before or after you. Everyone has to accomodate everyone and make it seem like one long graphic. It's part of working together. =)

I'm also confused with the whole "four days" thing. Some people count differently...trust me...and some of us live in totally different time zones. Boo's in the Netherlands, for example, and whenever it's 5:00pm for me, it's midnight for him. (I live in the central time zone.)
My request would be for an exact date and an exact time - ie, August 13th at 11:00pm Eastern Time or something. (Midnight can also be tricky. X3)

...I need a soda...[/color][/size]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma][quote name='Delta']Ah, how do we know who's Member #1, 2, etc? Also, our mascot looks like a cactus-type Pokemon. Love it.[/quote]
It's the order of your names on the team graphic. I mentioned this in the Battle Threads. >:O (Yeah, I think I just googled "[url=http://www.mongoose-racing.com/borders/mongoose-a.gif]mongoose[/url] logo" or something...)
[quote name='Ezekiel']I'm a little disappointed that we have to have a set area of pixels to work in. Don't you think that'll make our piece far less artistic and make it look like it was done by separate artists? I thought the point was to work as a team. For example, Retri is fantastic with typography while my speciality is bright, contrasting backgrounds. I thought we would have been allowed to work with each other?s strengths to make a complete piece.[/quote]
You're disappointed. Jamie, I don't think I could have made this round any more team-oriented than I already did, hah. This will take immense cooperation between team members (get together and chat with them!). You should see what Team Wolf has been doing.

And if I didn't give you a set amount of pixels to work within then it wouldn't have been assured that each member got the same amount of work space.
[quote name='Ezekiel']Four days for four people in different time zones to complete a graphic? One day's already gone and I don't know if Retri's even seen our thread. Don't you think you're pushing us a bit with that?[/quote]
Yeah, I'll admit that four days is pushing it, but I'm really not that concerned with the date of entry. If it's a few days late, I won't care. It's like renting a game, if you bring it in late you don't have to buy the game, just pay a late fee. :)
[quote=Katana]I'm also confused with the whole "four days" thing. Some people count differently...trust me...and some of us live in totally different time zones. Boo's in the Netherlands, for example, and whenever it's 5:00pm for me, it's midnight for him. (I live in the central time zone.)
My request would be for an exact date and an exact time - ie, August 13th at 11:00pm Eastern Time or something. (Midnight can also be tricky. X3)
[/quote]
I think that four days is much more accurate. How about this? Four days from the date that the thread was created. That would be August 16th, 5:40pm EST. But like I've already said, I'm not strict on the entry date.

[b]EDIT:[/b] P.S. Jamie, he's seen the thread. How do you think I got the title of the thread changed from "OtakuBoards Worm Tournament - Sign Ups!" to "[OBWT] Underground"? ;P[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Ezekiel][SIZE=1][B]Second-[/B'] Four days for four people in different time zones to complete a graphic? One day's already gone and I don't know if Retri's even seen our thread. Don't you think you're pushing us a bit with that?[/SIZE][/quote]
[size=1]I've seen the thread, however, I'm extremely pressed for time as of late, so I'm not exactly sure [i]how[/i] I'm going to manage doing this piece.

I think I'm going to be on for a few hours tonight and tomorrow... hopefully we can make headway then.

[quote name='Ezekiel][SIZE=1']I know Retri is a sensible guy, so we can figure out what we're doing once he gets on.[/SIZE][/quote]
Yeah... we'll come up with something [I]...something.[/I]

[B]PS:[/B] I hate you for making this, White.[/size]

[size=1]I think it is. That would be a pity, I would've loved to see you participate. Perhaps White will let you take my spot (after this round, I guess) or the spot of someone who would drop out due to inactivity.

[b]Question:[/b] Is it possible to change the order of the team, in case of inactivity? [/size]

[quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]And if I didn't give you a set amount of pixels to work within then it wouldn't have been assured that each member got the same amount of work space.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote][color=#b0000b][size=1]Well, we don't exactly have the same amount of work space right now, either. No matter what I do, a huge portion is obscured by a giant mug of beer. :p[/size][/color]

[quote name='Boo][size=1][b]Question:[/b'] Is it possible to change the order of the team, in case of inactivity? [/size][/quote]
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Yeah, Katana gave me all the details. I really don't mind at all, and if Aaryanna doesn't show up by the deadline I'll let Syn take her place in the tournament and give you guys an extra 4 days.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Yeah, Katana gave me all the details. I really don't mind at all, and if Aaryanna doesn't show up by the deadline I'll let Syn take her place in the tournament and give you guys an extra 4 days.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Sorry I've been so silent. My internet died over the weekend and I just got it back. :animesigh I'll get working on my part, I should have it ready by tomorrow if that's soon enough. [/COLOR]

[size=1][color=royalblue]You can imagine my panic, right? Right? Please say you do...

So...sorry to Aaryanna, I didn't mean to count you out or anything, but I know you understand because that's the way the internet works. (What? What?!)

...Ugh...I feel like an idiot...I need to go wallow with the comfort of a soda, [strike]even though I've had three today[/strike] even though I don't need one.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][QUOTE=Katana][size=1][color=royalblue]You can imagine my panic, right? Right? Please say you do...

So...sorry to Aaryanna, I didn't mean to count you out or anything, but I know you understand because that's the way the internet works. (What? What?!)

...Ugh...I feel like an idiot...I need to go wallow with the comfort of a soda, [strike]even though I've had three today[/strike] even though I don't need one.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]I don't mind, I would have done the same. ^_^ I'm just glad it's working again. I've already started on my part so hopefully I'll have it up really early tomorrow. I plan on getting up early to make sure I can get it to everyone as soon as possible. Course if I work really hard I might even have it finished tonight. I'll do my best. ^_^[/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna][COLOR=SeaGreen']I don't mind, I would have done the same. ^_^ I'm just glad it's working again. I've already started on my part so hopefully I'll have it up really early tomorrow. I plan on getting up early to make sure I can get it to everyone as soon as possible. Course if I work really hard I might even have it finished tonight. I'll do my best. ^_^[/COLOR][/quote]
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Make sure it matches Delta's! ^_~

Sorry to say, Syn, that this was probably the only chance you'll get. Unfortunately you just didn't stop by in time. Ah well, there's always next... [strike]year[/strike] time!

[B][CENTER]++++++++++[/CENTER][/B]

Well the deadline is coming fast. In approximately 4 hours and 10 minutes all submissions should be posted. Are any of you even close to being done? ;)

Don't rush yourselves. I would rather have a late entry that's amazing then an on-time entry that sucks (for this round anyway). Alhough I admit that getting a piece in early would be a nice surprise. >.>"[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Unfortunately we have a mishap here. And it's with Mongoose's submission (which I'm sure all of you guys have seen).

The picture is great (though I won't say any more than that yet). However, there is one problem. The rules of the round clearly state the following.

[quote]The picture must be the top layer.

You cannot do anything to the picture. No opacity changing, no moving, no cropping. No nothing.[/quote]

Part one (Delta) has broken these rules. There is blue ontop of the original picture (the second building), there is pink on top of the first and there is text and sheep along the bottom of the buildings. Now I won't penalize you for this, but hopefully you've saved the file as .PSD so it can be fixed.

As for the missing people problem, I'll let them stay missing for another day and if they still don't show up, skip over them. If after that you're piece is done and just needs their part, I will get someone to replace them in the tournament.

But sakurasuka, I think you can just go ahead and start your piece now if you like.

[b]EDIT:[/b] And by the way, I am not impressed at all with these missing people. This is just ridiculous. There's no reason why they haven't come online yet since I'm assuming if they had gone on vacation they would have said so. Unless something was wrong with their computers, I will be pissed.

*mumbles on as he leaves*[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]

Warning to Kitty- I went ahead and did it. Sorry, heh. Just letting you know so yours matches up, so talk to one of the other two, I have no idea who's working on it now.

And to White- Promise we'll get done soon, I would've done it sooner had I known it would take Kitty this long to get on.

But if the three of us get done, can someone on our team do the last portion if Kitty is unable?

A huge blank 150x400 space would not be pretty.

=/

[/size]

[SIZE=1]Ok, as for the missing person. If they don't show up tomorrow, does that mean the fourth person does the third part and leave the fourth section open?

or do we just go ahead and do the fourth part and leave the third section open?
It would be really weird to do the fourth before the third, don't cha think?

PS. I'm the fourth person but KW still hasn't shown up....[she's third][/SIZE]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]If nobody shows up, I'll post again explaining what will happen. And unfortunately for sakurasuka (and I realize this may not be entirely fair), that may mean her team just automatically getting fourth.

One person missing is alright, but three? That's just irritating (once again, I realize this is in no way JayCee's fault).

[b]EDIT:[/b]
[size=5][b]THIS IS POST NUMBER ONE-THOUSAND! WOO![/b][/size][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#D55555][QUOTE=White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Part one (Delta) has broken these rules. There is blue ontop of the original picture (the second building), there is pink on top of the first and there is text and sheep along the bottom of the buildings. Now I won't penalize you for this, but hopefully you've saved the file as .PSD so it can be fixed.
[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Sorry, chief. It was a "too long, didn't read" moment.

Poor sheep. T_T[/COLOR]

[color=#b0000b][size=1]Jiggly, check your private messages. I sent you the current image. (If you want the PSD file, give me your email address.)

KW, if you see this thread before the first round is over, get the image from Jigglyness.[/size][/color]