OtakuBoards

[OBWT] Underground

Ellerby

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]It seems as though the missing competitors aren't going to show up, so here's what's happening.

I'm going to move sakurasuka to Team Wolf and they will finish their piece together. That will leave three graphics for the judges to decide who's were the best. Kitty, Keyblade Wielder, Chikaro Kokoro, and 1nOnlyCloud are officially kicked out of the tournament.

So, in case the new Team Wolf is wondering about what to do, here's what's happening.
[list][*]Continue working on your piece with the beer glass.
[*]The order will go Boo, Sara, jigglyness and sakurasuka. This way you don't have to start anything over.
[*]You have as long as you like to finish it due to the circumstances.
[*]When you do finish, post it in the Wolf vs Lion thread.[/list]

[b]EDIT:[/b] I edited the team graphics. :)[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]

Alrighty.

Dunno what's wrong, Chikaro was the one who originally PMed me to ask about Kitty's absence.

*Looks at 'Last Login'* But now Chik hasn't been online in a while. Meh.

I guess I'm ready when Jiggly is, then.

So is it now a three-way battle thing, or two against one, or do we advance or whatever since the others are unable to participate?

And what happens if Cloud or Chikaro or Kitty or KW show up?

[/size]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma][quote name='Lan']And I was just wondering when the winners will be announced?[/quote]
The third piece isn't even done yet. >: |

But yeah, as soon as Wolf's piece is up the judges will decide the winner. We'll be deciding, of the three teams, who gets first, second, and third. Third place will just do a 2v2 the next round.

And if all four of our missing members show up before the next round, I'll automatically make them fourth place and I will handicap them. Otherwise they're out.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I've been involved with band and school in general all week (I just got back from rehearsal). Sorry, but my real life comes before my online one.

I PMed the other members of my team informing them that after Tuesday I would be unable to do any serious graphics work until Saturday. I was hoping that that would be acceptable. Sakurasuka has sent me her part of the piece, so I would like to continue on with my part, if that's okay.

[QUOTE=Chikara Kokoro]I've been involved with band and school in general all week (I just got back from rehearsal). Sorry, but my real life comes before my online one.

I PMed the other members of my team informing them that after Tuesday I would be unable to do any serious graphics work until Saturday. I was hoping that that would be acceptable. Sakurasuka has sent me her part of the piece, so I would like to continue on with my part, if that's okay.[/QUOTE]
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]I'm afraid it's not okay. Telling your team does nothing if you don't tell me.

I realize real life is more important, but if you're going to commit to something as such, you should at least make it a priority to take part. And why would you assume Saturday would be fine? Maybe had you told me I would have let it slide. The deadline was the 16th.

So I'm sorry, but you'll just have to hope that Kitty, KW and Cloud all show up before the beginning of Round 2.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Oh dude... this sucks major huge things. o.O;

Man.. why did this have to start the week I left to go to Belgium? Great.. now I feel all stupid and crap. I would like to personally apologize because I've been gone... well, I'm not sorry for leaving to Belgium because it was a Christian thing, but I'm sorry to dissapoint others.

Sorry, really.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Keyblade Wielder][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]I would like to personally apologize because I've been gone... well, I'm not sorry for leaving to Belgium because it was a Christian thing, but I'm sorry to dissapoint others.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]::sigh::

That's quite alright. I guess I might aswell wait on 1nOnlyCloud and Kitty since they probably left for some vacation without telling me too. v__v

Honestly, though. Had all four of you told me you'd be away, I would have paused the tournament. >_>"[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#b0000b][size=1]On that note, as an early heads-up (if this is still going by then), please don't count on me to do [i]anything[/i] over Labor Day weekend. I'm moving back up to school, which will be a fun, hectic, and possibly netless time. I'll be pretty swamped with unpacking, settling in, buying textbooks, etc., and definitely won't have time for this.[/size][/color]

[quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Honestly, though. Had all four of you told me you'd be away, I would have paused the tournament. >_>"[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote] [SIZE=1]I [i]did[/i] tell you. Over AIM [i]and[/i] in this thread that I was not at home where I have access to photoshop. See [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=744428&postcount=27][b]here[/b][/url]. But maybe I should have PMed you again just incase ('cause I originally told you over AIM).

Well, I was out of town for a week and a half, and I ended up not going on the internet very much, if at all. In fact, the only time I was on longer than half an hour was the first day when I posted that I was out of town. o.O

So yeah. Sorry you guys. D: Especially White and Team Lion. You guys must hate me right now. >.<;;[/SIZE]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]You said that they had PSP, not that you couldn't post at all. Anyway, since all four competitors returned, the tournament can continue as it was originally intended. Here are the voting rules for this round.

[b]Interested in Voting? Read the following.[/b]
The voting will work just like it does in most art tournaments here in the Art Studio. You'll provide at least 2 paragraphs containing what you liked and disliked about the different pieces, in the end giving your vote to one person.

Please do not take into account that your vote gives half a point to someone whos art you may not have liked, that is not the point of the particular round.

I ask that if you decide to vote, you wait until all competitors have posted their pieces and I post in the thread saying voting has started. If you are a competitor in OBWT and wish to vote in someone else's battle thread, you are allowed.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]Just to let White know, after this round I think I'll be taking a break. I'll participate in this round, sure, but Senior year in high school has had me up to my neck with homework and other stuff of the like. I'm terribly sorry about this.

--Lan[/size]

[quote name='jigglyness']Ok, for round two, when you said no cropping, did you mean like no cropping the picture from the white bg?[/quote]
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]No cropping as in you can't select a certain area of the image and crop the rest out. Erasing the background is fine.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]I replied to you already, via PM, but I guess I should reply again here for everyone to see.

Changing the opacity of the picture is not allowed, so no, you can't blend. Feel free to blend anything you add in, though.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Boo][size=1]Using the [i]freedom[/i'] theme is getting a bit unoriginal. :)[/size][/quote]
[size=1]Seconded. I'm not sure if it was an unintentional "Oh, that's cool" or a lack of ideas on others parts, but the repetition of freedom in that specific battle thread just makes the concept flat and unoriginal now.

So I guess the question is if there is any consideration given to originality?[/size]

[quote name='Retribution][size=1']So I guess the question is if there is any consideration given to originality?[/size][/quote]

[size=1]Erm. I actually didn't see anyone else's until I posted mine.

It's odd, really. I made that piece with a mix of [limited] PhotoImpact and MS Paint, due to my current lack of PSP.

I wasn't going to say anything, because I REALLY don't want that taken into consideration when voting, but I feel compelled to explain.

I've been on no internet/dial-up the past week. I don't have my computer. My internet doesn't want to work. So meh.

I'm sorry I 'copied', and I will sincerely try and see what else I can squeeze out of Paint by tomorrow morning, if you could please be patient.

And. Meh. Freedom just goes with flying objects. So I guess that's just what we all thought of.

Meeeeh.

[/size]

Same. When I started making my piece no one posted theirs up yet. So when I was about to post mine i saw Boo's piece and then it was like 'Oh man. I'm screwed'. But I was thinking about earlier today and I think I'm going to redo mine. It might be a little late.

I agree with sakurasuka though. When I think of things that fly, I think of freedom.

[size=1]

I put up a new image. Took for freaking ever.

So it turns out PhotoImpact isn't that terrible a program.

But I'm not at all comforable with it.

So my piece is still well below all the others.

But I'm proud of it anyways.

Oh yeah, Toy Box is awesome, by the way.

[/size]

[size=1][color=royalblue](This has nothing to do with the past few posts.)

So, it's been a solid day since the deadline for the entries, and there are some that have yet to be posted. What now? I mean, are we going to wait for them, or are they going to be booted out? I don't think it would be fair if people were given extra time, regardless of their excuse (with the exception of no internet). I have school and activities going on as well.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I'm fed up with excuses for people not submitting their works.

And yes White, I realize you're busy too. =)

So yeah. I'm ready for the judging to start, regardless of if people have submitted their entries or not. We all got ours in on time; it's not fair to us to sit around and wait for others.[/color][/size]