OtakuBoards

What's this all about then?

TheShinje

[color=seagreen] It's been a while since we had the "what does your sig/avatar say about you?" thread. I figured since the lfie expectancy of sigs is short, I could start up a new one and get a, well, different result. :p

My avatar is from Red Dwarf and is of the character Holly from the first two seasons. Holly is a great character, bit like me really, I.Q of 6000 and whatnot....

My signature is "1984" which is the year of my birth. Which, coincidentally is also the name of a very popular novel by George Orwell about future society, though police and all that "Big Brother" jazz.

My custom title "Robot Lord of Mt. Raskill" is a parody of Deathknight's "Robot Lord of [japanese city]"

So, what does your sig/avatar images and/or text mean? What's their significance?[/color]
[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=Indigo]Discuss.[/color'][/size][/quote]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Hmmm...well my avatar pretty much represents the fact that I like Hellsing, and the man you see in my avatar and sig is Alucard. And the text that goes along before the pic in my sig are quotes from Alucard. And the last bit of text in my sig is just a little something that I put there because I have seen Back to The Future a numerous amount of times and I have never gotten tired of watching it^^ And finally, my custom title is just something I put there because I sometimes really do feel as though I have a great evil residing within in me, but meh, I could just be dillusional or something. Anyways, it seems that you have now learned a little more about me, congratulations.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

My avatar is from the '90s art-rock band Hum, and aside from simply liking their music it's probably my favorite band photo ever. I never get tired of it. =)

My custom title indicates my leadership of the Super Otaku Force, and my signature... well, what do I even need to say? We all know it's true. ;P

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Well, I don't expect that many people to know about the anime that I use as my featured set, so I'll go ahead and say that it's a series called Texhnolyze, released back in 2003, and it is currently my favorite anime.

The series itself revolves around various forms of corruption in human beings and how they come into play within a human society that has come to an evolutionary dead end. That's all I'll say about this series for now.

As far as relating to me, there is one character in the series, named Ichise, who was just a pit fighter, with almost no human sentiment. Later in the series, however, he comes to know a seer girl named Ran, and, in time, vows to protect her due to the kindness she showed him. It's a very nice concept, and I was compelled to use it as my descriptor on this site.

For my little quote, however, I'm using a line from the intro theme of the series, 'Guardian Angel [Xavier's Edit],' which also followed the same concept as the avatar and banner set.

All in all, I guess Ido see myself as a form of guardian, however corny that might sound, and I would take a bullet for almost anyone, thus my profile.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1]My avatar is of Mariko from the anime Elfen Lied, which is one of my favorite anime. The reason it's there is because I think Mariko is a doll (a homicial psychopathic doll, but a doll nonetheless xP), and she's my favorite character in the series.

My custom title indicates that I have a severe tendency to fantasize (About WHAT, though? You don't wanna know, trust me). So, yeah, I am fangirl, hear me roar!

And my sig, the image is that of KOS-MOS, my favorite character from the Xenosaga video game series. As it says underneath, it is a "filler sig", meaning that it'll occupy that space until I can make myself a better one. As for the other text, I think the bit about Steve Irwin speaks for itself. And lastly, the "Superotaku Kraft" thing is simply German for "Super Otaku Force, assemble!". Courtesy of Babel Fish. P: XD[/size]

[quote name='Derald][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Well, I don't expect that many people to know about the anime that I use as my featured set, so I'll go ahead and say that it's a series called Texhnolyze, released back in 2003, and it is currently my favorite anime.[/COLOR][/SIZE'][/FONT][/quote]
Texhnolyze is awesome. I approve.

[quote name='Sangome][size=1']And my sig, the image is that of KOS-MOS, my favorite character from the Xenosaga video game series.[/size][/quote]
Go post in the Xenosaga thread(s) while you're at it. *pokes*

Anyway, I started using an avatar of Kaworu because I am oh so fascinated by this whole Evangelion remake thing. Going back to Xenosaga, though, the one line in my signature is Junior's catchphrase--it's cheesy, but I love how he says it. My custom title was borrowed from KHII's Axel. Basically, what it comes down to is that there's nothing original in the lot. :p

~Dagger~

My avatar is something that came about when I was just beginning with Paint shop pro. I basically thought to myself "Hey, i know. I'll take an image of something, do stuff to it, and see what comes out!" this is the result. Most of the things in my Signature are Snippets of quotes and stuff. so yeah. Nothing really original here either!

[size=1]My avatar is the US Department of Homeland Security's crest, and my banner speaks my opinion on both my President and Homeland Security. And my custom title is again, quite self-explanatory.

Interestingly enough, "Arrest the President" is a song as well. Unfortunately, I don't know the group/band; if you could tell me who it is, I'd be grateful.[/size]

My avatar is taken from the cover of Soundgarden's [i]Superunknown[/i]. I hadn't listened to the album for a few years, and I randomly decided to give it a spin recently. It's just as great as I remember it being - better, actually. Now I'm obsessed with it all over again. Yay!

The ol' custom title is part of a lyric I like from the final song on [i]Superunknown[/i], "Like Suicide." Because the whole thing wouldn't fit, it's continued at the bottom of my signature and is randomly used as a link to my website (WHICH YOU SHOULD ALL TOTALLY VISIT BTW).

That 'banner' is something available to Last.fm users. Every one of you can see what I'm listening to and worship/deride me and my godlike/god awful musical taste. There's much more of the former, I'm sure.

Lastly, I've had that dedication to Arcadia in my signature for ages now. I'm not about to take the darn thing out any time soon. When I say 'forever and always,' I mean it, no matter HOW creepy it may seem, damn it!! I sort of wish that I hadn't written it so that it reads like she's dead or something though. Whoops. :animeswea

Then again, she may as well be dead what with how little she visits OB these days. I kid, I kid!

EDIT: Also, there's now a plug for Koopa Cabana, a Nintendo fansite I contribute to. Visit, everyone![/shameless plug]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Well my avatar and banner is a character from an adult video game that I eventually intend to get. Once they get around to actually releasing it that is.

My custom title is more of a reflection of how I?ve been feeling lately. ?[I]The desire to give out punishment for purposes of repayment or revenge for wrongs that have been committed[/I].? I?ve been seeing a lot of very nasty cases of abuse at the Women?s Crisis Center this summer and though I would never act on it, a part of me would love to clobber those responsible for hurting others. :animesigh I looked through different words like vengeance, payback and justice and I finally settled on Retribution since I like the look, feel and sound to it.

The rest of my signature is pretty self explanatory. I?m a member and one of the founders of the Desbreko Fanclub, a supporter of the Super Otaku Force and the SIS is a reflection of my personality on the boards. Though I don?t let it show as much as I would love to. And yes that?s something that fellow SIS members will understand. ;)[/COLOR]

"I know you love me, I want to wad you up into my life. Let's roll up, to be, a single star in the sky!"

Banner and avi are both a simple nod to one of my favorite games Katamari Damacy. Yes, we all should love Katamari. The characters in the images are the cousins to The Prince of the Cosmos. My custom title includes lyrics to the swingin' lounge-esque song "Que Sera Sera" from the game.

Beneath the banner is a little link to myO site which I am really terrible about updating.

There isn't a deeper meaning or statement I am trying to make with my banner and avi. I just think the cousins from KD are cute.

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=darkgreen]My avatar and siggy are a pic of the "Black Dragon Soldier", [color=darkred]BlackWarGreymon[/color] ([color=darkred]BWGM[/color] for short). I always liked BWGM because he was an uber bad-*ss, right up there with the original [color=darkred]WGM[/color][color=darkgreen],[/color] and because I actually use that codename - "[color=darkred]Black Dragon Warrior[/color]" - as my codename while i'm playing [color=darkred]007 Goldeneye[/color] on my Nintendo 64, while I destroy all my friends in multiplayer mode [color=navy]=D[/color]. The simple text beneath my sig - [color=navy]I'm still here, and still strong as ever[/color] - states that I haven't left Otaku and that i'm getting better in terms of posting quality.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=darkgreen]That's basically the jist of it. [color=navy]=][/color][/color][/size][/font]

My banner has never stayed the same for over 2 weeks unless i was away, and it very rarely goes more than 36 hours without editing.

Because of this, I will copy and paste my current sig to talk about.

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]People inside me are telling me to blow up city hall
[RIGHT]Cuz no one here is talkin'[/RIGHT]
People inside me are telling me to blow up city hall
[RIGHT]Cuz no one here is rockin![/RIGHT]
People inside me are telling me to blow up city hall

[CENTER]Cuz everyone is Rock em' Sock em' Robots
Everyone is Rock em' Sock em' Robots[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

This is the end of the song 'City Hall' by Tenacious D. The color is Dark Slate Blue.

I had this song stuck in my head all day because it was on my 'Kill all the White People' playlist.

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Hmm, well not a lot has changed since the last time I replied to one of these "What does ... mean ?" threads. My custom title hasn't changed since the day they were introduced, and it's meaning should be clear to anyone with a basic understanding of English and geography.

My avatar and banner images are based on one of my favourite Star Wars Expanded Universe characters, Darth Nihilus, the Lord of Hunger. Nihilus is different to your stereotypical Sith Lord, he doesn't want power, or an empire, he exists simply to feed on life itself, capable of draining the life from an entire world with a single action. Remember Vader's line about the ability to destroy a planet being insignificant to the Force ? Now you know why. Nihilus is also one of the most mysterious of the Dark Lords, nothing is known about him, he's simply a force of destruction. He is, as his servant Visas declares "the darkness in which all life dies." therefore explaining the second part of my signature.[/SIZE]

[color=crimson]My avatar is of Coco Yagami one of the primary characters from the visual novel [i]Ever17[/i] which was a pretty awesome game with a superb story. She is pretty cute so that's how she became my avatar- no deep meanings there.

My signature's banner is from a photograph taken in 1942 during the Battle of Stalingrad. Stalingrad is one of the most important battles of the last century to me and I found the picture to be, historical connotations aside, rather poignant considering the wasteland and destruction behind the soldiers.

The quotation is part of Puck's ending speech to the audience during A Midsummer Night's Dream. The link changes pretty regularly and right now points to a favorite song and music video of mine.

It ends with some Legionnaire's related stuff and a link to myo.[/color]

[size=1]

'Age is just an attitude.'

It is. Really.

I'm KW's numero uno fangirl.

And the SOF's ULTIMATE fangirl.

Since they are both equally worthy of my support *Cheers*

And my avatar and banner are related to a certain someone. Yes, Sakura has finally found love.

[/size]

[size=1]My avater is captain Blue Bear from the book "The 13½ lives of captain Blue Bear". Hence the custom title "Blue Bear". The book is cool. It's about a Blue Bear and the first 13½ lives of his time on Earth.

The signature speaks for itself, I'd say. The word 'fanman' came up as 'fanboy' wasn't original enough and 'fangirl' wasn't relevant.

The Boo is there to make people think that's where I got my name from. [/size]

My image is over 2 years old, and it's been more than a year since I've been here, so to make a long story short...I don't remember what it's about. :/ Once upon a time I had a sig image to match, but I think it's gone byeybe.

The quote is my favorite of all time.

[i]Bound, but not struggling[/i] has to do with hentai, life, society, being bisexual, being myself, and all that jazz.

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/lovelylunai/signature%20smilies/_gray__by_darkmoon3636.gif[/IMG]Caitlin

I shrank a pic and made it my avvie cause it was cute and had cats. DUH. Enough said on that - see my name.

My siggy is... something off the top of my head, really, and the first bit has been there since I signed up on OB. The whole "hot anime guys" thing? No one ever looks at my fanart, and if they do, THEY DON'T COMMENT. Boy, I feel loved. So, that part is partially for, "Do I really suck that bad?"

And the last part is, in reality, a reluctance to quote myself, so I made myself some random person. Besides, everyone knows that scanners are evil and dont ever scan your pictures so they look like what you drew on paper. So. That's all. I usually update my siggy sometimes, so it'll change once I get a banner to put in there. Ciao!

[COLOR=Sienna]My avatar is pretty much where I got my name. It's Jek Porkins. From Star Wars. You know, the first guy who gets cooked when the Rebels assault the first Death Star? The "I can hold it!" guy? Yea, that's the one. Well, he's Red 6, hence my screen-name. He's kick-***, even though he only had like 15 seconds of screen-time.

My custom title is a qoute from the ever-cynical Warren Zevon. It's basically my philosophy on life. Enjoy every sandwhich, savour every Coke, relish every slice of pizza, just enjoy yourself... Because everyone dies sooner or later and there's no use wasting the time you have.

As for my sig, well, it's a qoute from my favourite guitarist, SRV. It's not especially special, I just thought it sounded cool. [/COLOR]

[color=seagreen] My latest banner is a rather old one I think I briefly used last year. It's a screen from Kubrick's 2001, with the monolith replaced with a PS2, since both objects bear an uncanny resemblance when stood on end.
I wonder if that was intentional on the part of Sony...[/color][color=seagreen]

My avatar? I'm right wing, so yeah. Love it.[/color]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2]my avitar, is dante standing behind the cover of silent alarm remixed by bloc party [this will change to the cover of still searching by senses fail]

my custom title changes most of the time so, I cant put a defintion on it.[but as of now it's the title of the debut album from (+44)]

my banner describes me in ten steps or less [this will get changed to match with my avitar, sooner or later, if the artists check out [URL=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=55540]this thread[/URL]]

and Mr. Fury has fallen in love.

I belive that time of day is a state of mind.
I also belive when people pass on, it doesnt feel like they've accomplished what they wanted to do in life, 'extend your legs to coffin length' is a disturbing reminder to make your time in life worthwhile[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Ah sweet boredom, resulting in random posts in random threads...

Anywho. Yeah, my banner and avi don't really say much about me besides how much I absolutely love Delta, I rotate my sets pretty often but they're always done by her. This set currently is of Rukia from Bleach, this one in particular is one of my very favourites and is used often, it was also one of the first I asked from Delta.

For the rest of my sig, just listing who I'm officially fangirls of. I'm Delta's #1 Fan as you may have already guessed and my sig used to say that....before I became a fangirl of other people. Joko has a whole line because that's how much it takes >< I was his muse first, then became a fangirl, but then he changed the title to Angel...soooo yah. KW and The Boss are awesome and my friends, so they're down there too. Yeah, I'm a member of SIS too because a long time ago I heard of it from Rev, and the red print is really because I have exams coming in a couple of weeks ><;;

As for my member title, I changed it not that long ago and that's because sometimes people come to me looking for pictures to use in RP applications *shrugs*.[/COLOR][/SIZE]