OtakuBoards

What's this all about then?

TheShinje

[COLOR=SeaGreen]Well mine?s easy as it?s always some form of picture of my dog. ^_^ I always think that one of these days I should do something different, but I can never bring myself to actually do it. And since I have tons of cute pictures of her I keep thinking..Oh! I?m going to use this one next or how about this one and so on. In fact with Halloween coming up I?m thinking of putting a dorky costume on her, getting pictures and making a Halloween themed avatar and banner. ^_^

My custom title is a play on the statement that a Dog is a man?s best friend. I just inserted the word Bichon instead of the word Dog. ^_~ And the part in my signature about Bichon Frise meaning Ball of Fluff is because when you bathe and properly dry a Bichon they look like a giant cotton ball! ^_^

The DailyOtaku link and saying is because reading that thread is what got me thinking about starting a Desbreko fan club and the rest of the link is showing that I?m a fan girl and links to the fan club site. ^_~

The other is just a link to my story, which I am still working on. And the other is just a indication that I?m a member of SIS. ^_^[/COLOR]

[size=1][color=slategray]We'll start off with my custom title. Man-Loving Lesbian. It's just a stupid thing I came up with, and has the same meaning as being a bisexual girl. (prefering other girls, but still loving guys.) XD So. Yay.

And also, under my banner it says, "Tical's Master." That is me and Tical Blue's special way of expressing our love through bondage.
Boy, you took down "Bláse's B**ch"! *whip* Haha.

As for my set. Well. I've always adored foxes, they've always been my favorite animal. They are somewhat of a personal symbol, I guess. It also connects faintly with my earlier years on the OB under the username "Conna_da_fox." Since that time died off awhile ago, I decided to bring back the foxiness anyway.

The word "fyxe," by the way, is the Old English word for female fox. It's the word that "vixen" originates from.

Now you know.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='Bláse][size=1][color=slategray]Now you know.[/color'][/size][/quote]
[I]Cuz knowledge is power![/I]

...anyway...

My avator shall be changing quite frequently for a time because I just got a working scanner, so I can start practicing with Photoshop! I'm fairly proud of the current avi, because it's a pretty cool one I drewn[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]*[/COLOR], of Hatake Kakashi when he was an ANBU.

My custom title is pretty much elaborating that the avator is done by me, and basically "No.1" means "scanned and uploaded."

Put simply, the latter the number, the further enhanced it's been, until...I put "done" or something... :animeswea

My signature was suppose to be this:
[IMG]http://myspace-360.vo.llnwd.net/00795/06/37/795367360_l.gif[/IMG]

But it's to big, and I don't know how to resize it... :(

I was also going to make it a link to my art thread on the Otakuboards, but I don't know how to link pictures...>.> (Useless)

So instead, I just put, like, links to it, and my DeviantArt page. Which I'm going to update later today. :D

The Rock Lee sig's probably gonna change soon... and I may take out the Ninja smilie, if I need the space. But, [COLOR=Silver][I]"So cool, I don't need to explain how cool I am..."[/I][/COLOR] will never change. I made up that, and I love it with a passion, as it means, my coolness level is so immeasurable, that I don't need to say how immeasurable it is because it is so. Heh...yeahhhhh...:cool:

Lastly is one of the funniest things I've read on the internet, "4kids doesn't want people to know about Japan." I laughed so hard I decided to share. ;)

Anyway, I'm done for now.

[COLOR=Red]Edit: Ack! I forgot my signature font and color!!! :animestun [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]*Opps, I meant to put draw-did...[/COLOR] :animeswea [/FONT]

[B]Well...XD...

Oooo....I love that part of Bleach...and...funny...Wish ya could resize it, it looks tight. ^__^ (Yapping to Tatsu)

Anywho. I have returned to Otaku, and I changed my siggy, to a random banner I made myself. It basically lets everbody know about me, though most people don't care, lol. The message is simple. That I am me, myself, and I, and I'll never change.

My avi, is an avi by K.W, from a while back. I havn't changed it yet, because I'm too lazy, but I'm trying to see if I can make a great avi from my band's logo. Either that or I'm gonna find a pic of Batman XD.

My little cutsom title is supposed to be connected to Tatsu's for some reason. I'm not sure if by funky monkey, he meant the same song in my custom title. Brass monkey by the Beastie Boys. XP

The words in my siggy are a conversation on yahoo between me and my friend, Lauren from yesterday. Then it switches over to me telling Ronnie on msn to call me Batmann from then on. XD Alot of people make fun of my last name. Lol. [/B]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='Kazuwa Nomura][B']My little cutsom title is supposed to be connected to Tatsu's for some reason. I'm not sure if by funky monkey, he meant the same song in my custom title. Brass monkey by the Beastie Boys. XP[/B][/quote]
Actually, that's just really convenient, cuz I just changed a day or two (or three) ago... :animeswea

With a while, I was using this avator,
[IMG]http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/8188/simplyrockingrz7.gif[/IMG]

and I was either going to use the Custom title, "...simply rocking..." as a double meaning, because I like rock music like crazy, and the monkey's rocking, or I was gonna use "...that funky monkey..." because it's from some song I can't remember.

Now that I'm using another one of my drawn pictures, alas, I can't use 'simply rocking,' so I had no other alternative.

By the way, that's my monkey trademark character that goes by "Monkei," playing in the snow. :p [/FONT][/COLOR]

My title "Call Me Clarisse..." is referring to Clarisse from [i]Fahrenheit 451[/i]. I think similarly to Clarisse, and she is probably my favorite character from the book. During her short time, she made a real impression on me, and I loved her interaction with Montag. Plus, I dislike my real name, so I would rather be called Clarisse. [size=1]Wow. All that just about my title. I love to talk/type about myself, huh?[/size]

My avatar would be from the cover of [i]Fahrenheit 451[/i], so that's all there really is to it. I [i]really[/i] love this book, in case it isn't obvious enough right now. :rolleyes:

My signature is the from the first page of the book, and I have the entire section memorized. [size=1]Got it memorized? Yes. Yes, indeed.[/size] I actually wanted to put more of it in (the part represnted by the ellipsis) but couldn't because of character limits.

The other line on there is just something I wrote in a feeble attempt to make you click on the link so my werewolf self can bite you and get gold and booty! (Yes, the game calls it booty. Yay Bitefight browser game.) But instead of saying click here, I tried to be a tad bit more poetic and link it in with [i]Fahrenheit 451[/i] a little.

My banner fits well with the text, I think. I looked really hard to find a good picture. The pic itself is from the cover of Lucifer Vol. 8: The Wolf Beneath the Tree. I want the Lucifer series so very badly, but an extreme lack of funds and the fact that the largest (and the only one selling non-used books) bookstore in my town is Wal-Mart *shudders* hinders me getting my hot little hands on it.

My banners and avatars are always suckily made in Windows Paint because I have no good art programs/skills, and for some reason refuse to ask the lovely OB artists for a set. I'll probably switch to Kaori Yuki themed set again soon, so I may ask for a set then (Count Cain set, anyone?).

[size=1]My head hamster named Mephistopheles: Hah! You just wasted precious time reading my rambling! Bwahaha![/size]
[size=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Censoring part of my brain: Shut up now, silver_blade.[/COLOR][/size]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]my avi is just a picture I picked out...I really like it cuz I'm a huge fan of ff characters. and plus, I think she's pretty! :catgirl: it would've been better if I had the same haircolor as her, but unfortunately, I don't lol

I made my signature's banner if also from one of the ff movies (it kinda goes well with my avi. :animesmil the quote plays its part as well. I'm a very romantic kind of girl so I skimmed through a book of quotes to find the right one that 100% matches me lol. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]As you can see, both my avatar and signature is Sailor Mercury. Sailor Mercury and Jupiter are my favorite characters from my favortie anime, Sailor Moon. I pick Mercury instead of Jupiter because my favorite color is blue. That's all basically.[/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 5 weeks later...
[COLOR=Sienna]I think it's been long enough since my former post to post again...

My username is HedonismBot, first of all, comes from a minor character in Futurama. The guy in my avatar; the big fat 'bot who's so lazy he's actually built into a chair, lol. It also represnts my lifestyle; enjoy the moment, and screw consequences (Other things are to be screwed aswell, but we'll save that for a different forum...).

My custom title is "Friend of Mr. Cairo," a line derived from my favourite song of all time, The Friend's of Mr.Cairo by Jon & Vangelis, an 11 minute epic based on the Maltese Falcon movie. I just love the song so much I had to include it somehow...

My signature is a qoute from one of my favourite movies, The Thief of Bagdad(sic). It was an incredibly well done movie from 1940, with incredible effects for the time. Some of the things they did with the limited technology they had available, aswell as the vibrant and imaginative colours, make it an awesome movie, even by today's standards. If you havn't seen it, the movie Aladdin is BASICALLY just an animated, Disneyfied version of it, and a far inferior one at that. The qoute itself is by the Jinni, the monsterous lamp-dwelling slave. He says it after the blind prince Amhad inadvertantly uses the 3rd wish to transport himself back to Bagdad's palace so he can be with the princess who he loves, leaving faithful friend and sidekick Abu (not a damn monkey this time) trapped in the mountains without a way to get home. It's a cool qoute, but it also reinforces my opinion that you should always listen to your stomach, and ignore the urgings of the heart.[/COLOR]

Well, I don't think my avatar says much, but my signature really tells the story. The fact that I customised it with pictures of Cloud and Aerith in their chibi form, it basically means I love chibi and kawaii stuff. I suppose the slogan in my sig also tells a small fraction of my weird past.
My custom title, 'Onii-Chan', (Big Brother, in japanese... I think) represents what position I am in my household, since I have a younger sister. That's also what she likes to call me, but I don't really mind.

Finally, my cryptic saying at the bottom just dictates my outview on life, sorta. I personally believe that we don't need rewards for acheiving greatness, just the fact that you achieved it should be reward enough. That's what I think anyway.

Well since I?m rather fond of nature photos, so far I?ve been sticking with pictures of waterfalls or like what I have now?Autumn Leaves. Although I do like some anime, I just don?t feel the desire to have characters as my avatar or signature.

The custom title was actually inspired by what DeadSeraphim said when they responded to my request for a new banner: [quote name='DeadSeraphim][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]For the records kids, it's spelt 'mum' and we're going into Spring. ;)[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote] Before I didn?t know what to put there but that got me to thinking about what I?ve been called for quite some time now, so I figured the Mom?Mum?Mother, etc. really fits as it?s who I am. ;)

The brief quote about the leaves is just a reflection of how I see autumn. I really enjoy the change, as all the falls colors are just so beautiful. That and I was happy to finally figure out how to use the tags for different colors for the text. :catgirl:

I chose my name, Lost Lightbulb for a couple of reasons. First, I am a huge Lost fan and I can't get enough of the series. Second, I wanted a somewhat random, quirky name so I chose the word "lightbulb" to go along with that.

My current avatar is a screengrab from Disturbed's "Land of Confusion" video, which rocks. My banner is a relic from the weeks prior when I wanted something completely cute and innocent in my banner.

Previous banners and avatars had a Lost theme, and my slogan was "dang, where that lightbulb go?"

I kinda let that slogan get "lost" recently. :woops:

[FONT=Arial]My current title, "The answer is seven," is from the AFI mystery. It shows how much I love the band and everything they've done, I suppose. Maybe it shows how obsessed I am.

My avatar is me, so there's not really anything else to say about it.

Finally, my signature is something I said in chemistry the other day. A bunch of people laughed, so I guess it was funny. There're links to my myspace and my livejournal in it, too.[/FONT]

My Title is "Number VII; The Pete Clone". Number VII is my Number in Numbers, even tho I'm the head. Pete Clone is the title given to me by my Karate-ka peers because I act just like My beloved Sensei, Sensei Pete.

My avi, eventho it changes periodicly, is always a pic of the same guy, Keitaro of Love Hina. I kinda just picked him after reading Love Hina, mainly because he's live's through the same girl problems I used to.