OtakuBoards

How did you come up with your internet/screen name ?

corpseman

I usually have different usernames too, but this one is currently sticking with everything I do it seems. I chose the "musical" part because I'm very musical, and the "kitten" cause I love cats, and one of my nicknames is "Kitty" so... Yay! Put them together and you get a pretty name. I thought it was ingenious.... So. Fun!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one time i had my name translated to japanese, though, i know for a fact that it's not the true translation of my name. My screen name is michiyo mikage and i'm using it in every forum i belong. and then since i can't have my surname translated i borrowed aya mikage's surname from ayashi no ceres.

Guest MistuChan
Well I have been using this for the longest period of time, well it started off with a longer version but gradually with time, it got cut off and now I stick with Mist or MistuChan as people have nick'd me :P ^^

On that note, umm can someone re-direct me to an intro section if this forum has one .. please? :)

I ave no idea how I picked my old name (silver_blade), but I changed it recently to kalon because it is one of my favorite words. I like the spelling of it, I like the way it sounds, and I like its meaning.

kalon, n.
A beauty more than skin deep; moral beauty.

Eon Studios is the name of my art studio (its not much one drafting table two computers and its a tiny room.) HEEROFAN was based of my fan love for gundam wing and that was my original screen name from animeagency. Anutterpunk was my old AIM screen name (word play on "just another punk" something my teacher called me in 7the grade)) My last incarnation on most message boards and what not was Dark_Eon based on my studio name (eon because we stand the test of time) Dark because deep down, I'm evil and bad guys are cooler. and my aim sn is my favorite" hipitedipite" which is based on the phrase " Hipity Dipity" reffering to sexuallity in a comic and durogatory manner kind of like "hanky panky) I think my last few SNs were clever anyway....

My screen names usual differ site to site, so I've got a bunch, and almost all of them refer to any of my favorite anime/manga or to the instrument I play in band. The one for this site I thought up because I was writing a story that dealt with the fact that the world isn't black and white. Of course, the yinyang symbol is black and white.

(Swedish Chef intro) Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue, Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Yern da bork er (cough cough)

As you may have guessed it I chose this name to salute my favorite muppet, Swedish Chef :P He was originally a masterpiece created by the dynamic duo (not batman and robin) Jim Henson and Frank Oz. Jim controlled the chef's head and did the voice while Frank opperated the arms trying to throw Jim off his lines by doing random stuff, which I must say was halarious.

My screen name here is from Chobits, part of the lyrics from the 2nd ending. Animelyrics.com said the song went, "zutto sagashitteru sotto hikaru AOI HOKARI" but I listened to the song again and found that is was actually "haomi hikari"...which is harmonious light (I think) instead of "blue light", which is what aoi hiikari means.

And, no, I dont watch Chobits (I'm not allowed to watch the anime and read the manga!!:animecry:) I just like Rie Tanaka's work in general. But I do like Chii ^^

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]Well.

Lemme just run through all my names on the OB and give a brief but good explanation.

[B]SilpheedPilot[/B] - This was my original OB name, also my original online moniker. Silpheed being my favorite shooter of all time and a Silpheed being the variable attack ship that requires a pilot, put two and two together and there you have it.

[B]Silpheed[/B] - After much deliberation and everyone just shortening SilpheedPilot to Silpheed I decided it would be best to drop the pilot. To this day, despite my other names here on the OB, Silpheed and all its variations remains my mainstay internet moniker. That and Riot and all it's variations.

[B]Zabuza[/B] - Named after the giant sword swinging character from Naruto. Not much to be said, other than he's my favorite character and all that.

[B]Parabola[/B] - Named after the Tool song. Possibly my favorite Tool song of all time, so I decided that it was gonna be my name.

[B]AC!D!C[/B] - Acidic. One part MG: AC!D one part !C. I really liked the way Konami reversed the Is' so I decided to make a play on acid by doing the little I thing. Liked it for a while.

[B]di.fm[/B] - This is probably my main name to stay on the OB. Named after the digitally imported music site that streams live updates of radio broadcasted techno/electronic/big beat/ DNB/ so on so forth.[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][quote name='di.fm][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][B]AC!D!C[/B] - Acidic. One part MG: AC!D one part !C. I really liked the way Konami reversed the Is' so I decided to make a play on acid by doing the little I thing. Liked it for a while.[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
Huh? Really? I mustn't be one of the [i]cool kids[/i] because I would've never got that reference. I thought you were mangling the band name, to be honest (cause, you know, ACDC were classics, and I had no reason to believe [i]an exclamation point[/i] was meant to be a Goddamn [i]i[/i]). I guess... I guess I learnt something today.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
musiQ_Q....well....to cut a long story short, i used to have a mild form of insomnia... i'd stay up all night either charging batteries or listening to myself breathe. the Q_Q in my net name is actually what my face used to look like in the morning.

[QUOTE=di.fm][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][B]Parabola[/B] - Named after the Tool song. Possibly my favorite Tool song of all time, so I decided that it was gonna be my name.

[B]AC!D!C[/B] - Acidic. One part MG: AC!D one part !C. I really liked the way Konami reversed the Is' so I decided to make a play on acid by doing the little I thing. Liked it for a while.[/SIZE]
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]In response to [B]Parabola [/B] - Awesome! Parabola is one of my favorite [B]Tool[/B] songs as well!

In response to [B]AC!D!C [/B] - O_o ALL THIS TIME!!! I've always thought it was the band! I always wondered what the hell was with those damn exclaimation points! The constant struggle of pronunciation... finally the truth is known.

Anywho...

My name was [B]Flourecent Optic Yellow[/B] for a while, because I had learned about it in Drivers Ed and thought it was cool. The novelty wore off quickly hehe...

So now I'm[B] 2006DigitalBoy [/B] although my name is actually shortened and should be [B]21st Century Digital Boy[/B]. This is the title of a[B] Bad Religion [/B] song which I absolutely love, and feel it fits me.[/COLOR]

Hmm well to answer this questiong simply. There are too many people trying to claim the name specialed but there can only be 1 special ed and thats me :animeswea . I got tired of people taking that name that i really like :animesigh . i also didnt want to have some crappy numbers at the end of my name like specialeded9257042 cause thats just lame. :animesigh

I was originally going to have mine as "OXmyree" but it didn't seem right. I got it from a story that I continuously write about adn the main character is Myree. I put OX like a stupid little preppy girl because everyone else has it.

I stuck with Chiyo Chan Fan because it was very self explanatory. I love Azumanga Daioh and Chiyo Chan.

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Arial]This will take some explaining, so bear with me.

I'm fairly new on the forum bit, and I dreaded having a username that would mean anything to me taken since I refuse to add numbers after my name. shadow_puppet_2265 seemes a little less than identifying to me. So I fell back on my reliable fiction-in-progress material for inspiration.

I've been working on a large series ([B][I]very[/I][/B] large, mind you) for several years now, off and on because I was/am still in school and I had/have a lot of time constraints. During the course of the series' development, I created a new species out of necessity. Basically, the people of this species could shapeshift into one other animal. They exist in one of three forms: human, animal, and, for lack of a better word yet, demon-form. Human is self-explanatory - they look like us, except for a few traits that carry over from their animal form, like hair color and the color and shape of their eyes. Imagine a guy whose hair looks like the markings on a red-tipped hawk, or another with gold cat eyes - it's pretty neat. Also, senses and physical abilities, such as speed, strength, vision, and scenting, are heightened in human form. Animal form is also easy, and the only thing that carries over from the human side is sentience. I haven't yet decided whether or not to include telepathy for communication purposes, but I digress.

Demon-form, simply put, is a hybrid state, human in stature and animal in appearance. Hence the name 'demon' given by locals. In demon-form, the [spoiler]Allamorph[/spoiler]s become much larger, by as much as ten inches in height, gain animal-propotionate physical ablilites (e.g. strength, speed), and would pretty much scare the living sh** out of anyone who saw them. The catch is that they can only enter into demon-form during great wars, against seemingly overhelming enemies, or in defense of a fallen close friend. Kind of like a blood rage, or a Limit Break.

To bring myself to the point, I had to name these creatures something, and I wanted it to sound somewhat noble, so I began looking up Greek words to put together. I ended up with the words [I]allasso[/I], meaning 'to change', and [I]morfi[/I], meaning 'shape'. Just mix the two together, add 1/2 cup water, and what do you have?

I am a shape shifter. I am Allamorph. [I]Selah.[/I][/FONT]

Guest Tempestates
[QUOTE=DeathKnight][color=crimson]Death Knights are in several games, most prominently in DnD. DnD Death Knights are either undead warriors who are risen back to life by demon lords and evil gods or paladins/lawful good warriors who committed a very evil act or betrayed their code of honor and are cursed by the Gods for their actions to being a Death Knight. They retain their personality from their prior life and, if applicable, follow the code of honor they used prior in regards to combat/situations.

When I was fourteen undead+evil things were pretty cool. Death Knights are the coolest undead, evil thing around so there you go.

Screen names for me usually just come spur of the moment which.. probably explains their poor quality. :p[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Purple]Wow...someone else that knows of DnD. Kwel.

Tempist is my screen name which was found among a stack of Magic: The Gathering cards. I looked up anything close to the name and found Tempestates which is defined as 'Roman goddess of storms.' Ironiclly, I love a good thunderstorm.[/COLOR]

[size=1][color=dimgray]Well my original username was shadowofdeath13, 13 being my lucky number, and the shadow of death bit, just coming from the odd love I have for dark things. Albiet if you ever looked at me, you'd never be able to tell. You could pretty much say I was just 15 and wanted something that sounded cool.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]My current username has alittle more meaning behind it and a story as well. Well I love sayings, words and quotes, especially in other languages, latin being one of my favorites. I am also slightly into astrology, well I found a shirt one day shopping that had a picture of the scales on it, and me being a Libra thought I should have it. Well along with the scales the is a saying on the shirt, [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]"Veritas, Know your path"[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]I originally thought that Veritas might be Latin for Libra or scales. Sooo, being the geek I am, I decided to find out, and lo and behold Veritas was Latin for Truth. I had allready was thinking about changing my username and going back and forth between names, so I decided to add Veritas on the list. Well I asked Sakura for her oppinion on which I should choose, and she chose Veritas, so about a week or two later when I stopped being lazy Veritas I became.[/color][/size]

I combine Phoenix and a Dragon and made it Dranixe... yeah well its kind of childish yet, its an identity =) I ave used this for a long time and became a word that describes me... Yet, i didnt use this alone as my username... but it would be better that way to determine that its really you.. but i think im the only one who uses this name anyway =)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest angieanime
i'm not actually sure because i came up with it a long time ago. my s/n is like my trademark now :p i believe i wanted something my own. and something of my interest: namely anime. so i just combined a nickname: angie with my interest anime and i got angieanime which has this kind of ring to it. and i believe i first made it when i came to myotaku. :animesmil so that's basically the start of me online

Well besides the fact that my real name Darren is usually taken, I thought it would be nice to have something that reflected a bit of what I like and what is the driving force in my life.

So since I play the cello and I?m into classical music, I used the last name of one of my all time favorite composers. Simple and to the point.

As for my username here, at the time that I joined (about four-and-a-half years ago), my favourite Digimon was Nefertimon. Even though that changed to Arukenimon later on and I became interested in many more things than Digimon, I stell kept it the same for some reason...

(My username [i]was[/i] Arukenimon on another forum I joined later though.)

And on two Pokemon forums, my username was my favourite Pokemon at the time I joined. Ninetales or Kiruria, for that matter.

Then again, I pick other names (such as StarFlowerPixie, my IM username) because I just think they sound cool.

Often times I also name usernames after characters I created. Such is the case on Neopets, but my three usernames there are waaaay outdated--the characters don't even exist anymore...