OtakuBoards

...Real Gundam, Possible to make?

black_vegeta

Hey guys,

I was just wondering, I know their are some type of mechs out there (government project, prototypes, etc), but do you guys think that it possible for a real "gundam" (or gundam type machine), to be manufactued...

I think it is...

And I definitely think we will see some gundam or mech type machine that resembles a gundam in the next 10 - 20 years.

What do you guys think?

Reply with links, news, info...
Anything about real mechs, etc....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by black_vegeta [/i]
[B]Hey guys,

I was just wondering, I know their are some type of mechs out there (government project, prototypes, etc), but do you guys think that it possible for a real "gundam" (or gundam type machine), to be manufactued...

I think it is...

And I definitely think we will see some gundam or mech type machine that resembles a gundam in the next 10 - 20 years.

What do you guys think?

Reply with links, news, info...
Anything about real mechs, etc.... [/B][/QUOTE]

If a government was capable of building such a thing, I don't think they'd be telling anyone about it... So I believe any news/info on them would most likely be a hoax. The military wouldn't let info like that slip.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Warlock [/i]
[B]

And if it somehow did, whoever found out would be in no condition to tell anyone... [/B][/QUOTE]

lol, I see what you mean

Yet and still, i did a google search for "real mechs", and found this article with a picture of a leaked government prototype, check it out...

[url=http://www.nationalexposer.com/dec012000-1.htm]http://www.nationalexposer.com/dec012000-1.htm[/url]

Is this a real "gundam" or mech prototype, I don't know, I guess we will have to wait until the government lets us know!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i]
[B][b]I'd think that they'd make 'em smaller-sized...saves material, money, and seems much more likely...
*imagines having a human-sized Gundam*
:tasty: Mmmmmmmmm[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

lol ^^ U can bet that if the US made them they'd be smaller b/c we're CHEAP. LOL :D :p

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Ok, not to criticize the post you gave black_vegeta, but that site, no matter how impressive with the info they are posting, seems to look totally fake (not saying you had anything to do with it of course). Personally, I think the whole idea of a Mech type of suit is pretty lame. Sure it is good in T.V. shows, cause we like to see fantasy things that will never come true. But in reality, the usefullness of it just seems like it isn't enough to even try to make something like this.

Personally, if you could make a machine with that type of firepower, why not just put those weapons on a tank instead, and armor that sucker up till it is impervious to attacks? Why? Because it is a matter of expenses. Why spend billions of dollars on some super mech only to have it fall over on some sort of landslide that it causes when it slips down the side of a mountain? Where as a tank has a bit more of a change to stay on it's treads when it slides.

I don't know how much of this is making sense, but in my honest opinion, I don't see mechs as being anything but a tool to aid in construction and perhaps search and rescue sort of scenarios. Other then that, Jets, Tanks, and infantry will rule the military for quite some time to come.

P.S. I wouldn't mind having an all powerful gundam/mech of my own, so don't think I posted this because I hate them =P [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Ok, not to criticize the post you gave black_vegeta, but that site, no matter how impressive with the info they are posting, seems to look totally fake (not saying you had anything to do with it of course). Personally, I think the whole idea of a Mech type of suit is pretty lame. Sure it is good in T.V. shows, cause we like to see fantasy things that will never come true. But in reality, the usefullness of it just seems like it isn't enough to even try to make something like this.

Personally, if you could make a machine with that type of firepower, why not just put those weapons on a tank instead, and armor that sucker up till it is impervious to attacks? Why? Because it is a matter of expenses. Why spend billions of dollars on some super mech only to have it fall over on some sort of landslide that it causes when it slips down the side of a mountain? Where as a tank has a bit more of a change to stay on it's treads when it slides.

I don't know how much of this is making sense, but in my honest opinion, I don't see mechs as being anything but a tool to aid in construction and perhaps search and rescue sort of scenarios. Other then that, Jets, Tanks, and infantry will rule the military for quite some time to come.

P.S. I wouldn't mind having an all powerful gundam/mech of my own, so don't think I posted this because I hate them =P [/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

That's a very good point, NorykoAngelcry. But, just look at a Gundam. You wouldn't see them falling over on a landslide. Also, ever building a Mech with the capabilities of a Gundam would reqire many, many prototypes... Bah! If they ever build them, it won't be for hundreds of years, most likely. /me cyrogenically freezes myself

[color=indigo]I don't think that the government would make a mech/gundam type of weapon. I think it would be hard to keep stable and extremely difficult to manuver....but I think an armored suit that gives a person added protection as well as speed and firepower is not unreasonable for the gov. to create...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]there is currently no technology capable of creating a gundam, or a human sized one for that matter, but in 10+ years time we may see something.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, if that's the case, then I'll be sure to be on the design team... I've always wanted to design bipedal robots like the ones in the Japanese animes... (hey, that exact line came from MGS. oh, what an Otacon I am.)

Ten years plus, you say? Dammit, I want my Cossack Gundam... And I want it now!

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Ummm. . . if Final Flash works on a Gundam. . I think I would be afraid . . . just terrified of what he would stick on one.

Or what it would look like . . *shudders* LOL (Fear my mad skills!!)

...o~O_o_O~o...
.........|__|..........
........./..\...........
......o/....\o........
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Ummm. . . if Final Flash works on a Gundam. . I think I would be afraid . . . just terrified of what he would stick on one.

Or what it would look like . . *shudders* LOL (Fear my mad skills!!)

...o~O_o_O~o...
.........|__|..........
........./..\...........
......o/....\o........
[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

...that hurts, man... That hurts...

Nah, I'm messing with ya. But seriously, If they ever do need a design team... I'm so there..

As far as technology for keeping a "mech" from falling over...

look at this link...
[URL=http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/supergeek/story/0,24330,3363498,00.html]http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/supergeek/story/0,24330,3363498,00.html[/URL]

If these guys can spend millions of dollars in technology research to keep these things stable, using gyro's, etc...

I'm sure that finding a similiar technology to keep gundams from falling over is possible...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by black_vegeta [/i]
[B]As far as technology for keeping a "mech" from falling over...

look at this link...
[URL=http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/supergeek/story/0,24330,3363498,00.html]http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/supergeek/story/0,24330,3363498,00.html[/URL]

If these guys can spend millions of dollars in technology research to keep these things stable, using gyro's, etc...

I'm sure that finding a similiar technology to keep gundams from falling over is possible... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]To be totally honest, Diane Sawyers (spelling sucks on that ^_^) was riding around one of those when they were on the today show. She almost fell over like 5 times. If the guy walking with her wasn't there, she would be one soar and embarassed lady ^_^

As for you Final Flash. If they would LET me be on the design team. . I would SOOOOO be there as well. It would just be something awesome to be a part of, and not even I know of all the ideas running around in my head, LOL
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]I believe that the mech shown in that picture is real. I just think it would be a waste of time to make a fake picture like that..... :)q [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Well, not to be blunt, but that was first said about the movie with Sasquatch, the picture with the Loch Ness monster, the shots with the UFOs. . and well. . they are all proven, or admitted to be fakes. . so =P take that! LOL, just messing. . but seriously, as fuzzy as it is, night vision or not, I still think it is a fake. Just me though ^_^
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ice Dragon v2 [/i]
[B]Real Gundam you say???
Take a look at these.
[url]http://www.aami.cc/fahq/gallery/gundam/gundam.htm[/url]
Click Official Gallery then at Gallery 9 [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]LOL, those pics are pretty good ^_^ Some are not high enough quality to see clear enough, but they are still really awesome too look at =)

Wow, call me stupid - Just looked again, and noticed I could enlarge the picture, ROFL. They look even better when they are not thumbnails =)

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[b]I would s[i]oooooo[/i] make my DeathScythe ZERO...hehe
anyway...if they [i]did[/i] make a Gundam...(but not the Cossack :p), what metal would they use? Something rust-proof, strong, and light....hmmmm...

And would they colour it in fancy bright colours like goof-offs? I think not! Probably black,...with RAM composite surface to absorb RADAR..and have it oddly angled off, like an arrow, all unstable..

*shrugs*

Hey, don't look at me...I'm lookin at one o those Wobblin' Goblin Nighthawks' material list...[/b]

Guest Saiyaman
[size=1][b]

.......Well you do know that the United States military is the one of the best. Desigining new Planes and Ships and radar systems. Well the real question is "Why would they want to make something based of a popular Japanese Anime Show?". I mean seriously. Come on. And if they had anything like this you know every friggin' country would send in spys. But as the idea on Gundam goes they are powered by NECULAR Cores. Meaning the smaller the core the bigger the blast. And your gonna send three of these things that could step on a freakin' land mine in Afghanistan and blow away part of the earth? It would be cool to see gundam's walkin' around. Maybe in the year 45124 G.A. (Gundam Age). but ain't gonna happen ANYTIME soon.

[/size][/b]

SWEETNESS I LOVE WHAT IF GAMES!!!!!

lol srry bout that outburst , But would any one trust a site call national exposer ? sounds like a cheesy tabloit ( gotta love um) but right now we have a hard time makeing a robot aven walk how could we make a walking mecha walk and i think i have a pic like that one but mines suposed to be bigfoot . but like some one else already said its not cost efective they would just make it a tank cuz right now i dont think we could make a mech that could travle faster then my granmother well the posts been fun

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyaman [/i]
[B][size=1][b]

.......Well you do know that the United States military is the one of the best. Desigining new Planes and Ships and radar systems. Well the real question is "Why would they want to make something based of a popular Japanese Anime Show?"

[/size][/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

Remember MGS? The only reason they built Metal Gear Rex is because the designer was an Otaku. He wanted to build robots like the ones in Japanese Anime.

...Anyway, I don't think we'd see something as advanced as a Gundam too soon. But something more like Metal Gear... (Wait, why the hell would they build one of those!? One man can take it down! Bleh.)

I gave this some thought and thought up another advantage to using Mechs. Psychological warfare! If seeing several tanks coming your way hurts morale, then imagine what a massive gundam thundering your way would do.:eek:

As for that site, it looks as fake as any others I've seen. I don't believe it for a second. :rolleyes: