OtakuBoards

...Real Gundam, Possible to make?

black_vegeta

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would also say that anything we could come up with will still be out classed as long as we have planes, tanks and helicopters as powerful as they are at the moment.
also on the power source thing.
maybe a nuclear reactor, like a nuclear sub.
still be hard as heck though.

• 3 weeks later...
Well right we have the kind of technology to make a mobile suit. Hell one my friends has designed and figured how the cockpit of a MOBILE SUIT. But the problem of making a mobile suit is how to maintain a power source for its size. once you have figured that out the rest will fall into place. but creating a mobile suit would be a huge downfall to the world. lets say we make a mobile suit flawlessy it works as its supposed to. eventually other countries will find out and want it and eventually they will. we will see a world full of mobile suits creating chaos all over the world. so best better not create a mobile suit.

Well you'll forgive me if this was covered in a previous post but i only got to page 2 of this thread...(its late and i dont want to read it all right now :worried: )

On the subject of current ones...I heard a buncha crazy gundam fans where building like a 1/5th scale gundam or something...And i mean with an engine in it and all not just a giant model.

But ill have to agree with past posts. I dont see Human like robots being as combat effective as tanks and such...Maybe for civil service construction and what not maybe...But not combat. Atleast not right now ;)

It is possible to build a type of Mobile Suit. Gundam? No. We have no material capable of the results that Gundanium alloy has. Unless we stuble across something in space, forget it. MS's are different though. They are made out of standard materials.

You could make an MS but it would not be anything like a Gundam MS. You could not possible control every aspect of a MS with two joysticks and some buttons. Well at least not fast enough to operate in combat conditions.

We could perhaps power by a Nuclear source, but as with the problems in Gundam you would have to watch about blowing them up. Also we do not have anything like the gyro stabilizing system that keeps a MS from stubbling over.

Another problems is our surroundings. Go look outside and Imagine a mobile suit trying to manuever(sp?) aruond your house and street. what would happen? You would at least have power lines down everywhere.

So in conclusion, you can make a type of MS, but nothing like whats in the show, yet. With some technological advances I think we might could see one built. But not now. Plus theirs no real advantage to having them over what the military has now. A standard M1A2 would cost less and beable to easily gun down a MS.

:smirk:
but when you think about all the money the UK,Australia,NZ,Russia,America,Canada---and the UN, when you think about all that money,that would be more than enough to make at least 2. And there IS a way to power them. TTYH 242 Energy. Its in production by scientists from all over the world. think about this.. TTYH 242 is so powerfull, a cupfull could power the city of Los Angeles for 2 and a half years. And im sure they could make an engine for it, Slip a cup full of this nuclear nasty into the engine and BAM--youd probaly never run out.and of they ever built them, they could simply break down space shuttle engines and boosters and slap the systems onto the gundam. as far as weapons- think of a gun..that packs the power of a nuclear war head in a single shot. a laser weapon. other weapons would be no problem(i.e machine guns, missles). but hey---there is a pretty good chance that a Gundam will be built sometime within the next 20 years...

and as far as gundanium alloy goes,forget it. we may not have GUNDANIUM,but we do have TITANIUM and a new alloy they found in an old gold mine in south africa.no idea what its called, but it could withstand a shot from a 50 caliber sniper rifel from about 50 feet away,and could last about..2 minutes in 72% of the heat from a Hydrogen Bomb(which generally gets..very hot). so if we can produce enough of this sh!t,then bingo..GUNDAM reborn

well.. even if we did have the the materials and the technology, the material might to heavy for the MS its self and collapse under the weight, or not be able to move itself.

if godzilla was a real creature, he would collapse under his own weight. and that same rule applies to a MS.

even if we made it stronger to carry the weight and allowed it to stand, it might be to heavy to move around. plus the whole thing with needing the gyro is stabalize it and such, the thought of a GOOD MS is a long ways off.

to get the strong, yet lighweight material, the speed, balance, the size, and the capability to bear extra weight right, will take years of calculations and all these sciencey things. and then the construction of the MS its self will take ages. not including all of the prototypes and such to get it right.

while it may be possible in the future, its not possible in this lifetime.

Guest Altron Gundam
That kind of technology would be insane. Where the hell would the earth go with that kind of massive technology? Gimme a break, imagine a Physalis being produced. That would blow the whole thing skyhigh, with its Nuke launcher and all...

actually,itd be quite simple. the engine. we build an engine to make it move all the weight,bingo. although it is nearly impossible to make an engine that strong. oh well. but we could at least make one out of titanium,.and if all else fails...ALUMINUM FOIL! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:devil:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Peacecraft
i totally agree with every one here kinda its would be kinda cool to see the real life gundams i would like to fly one of them just like duo

Guest Peacecraft
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Peacecraft [/i]
[B]i totally agree with every one here kinda its would be kinda cool to see the real life gundams i would like to fly one of them just like duo [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow! I'm surprized this topic is still here! I know that we have the ability to make a mech, but the world government wouldn't let us. If the wrong person gets their hand on one of these, he could blow anything he wanted skyhigh. Don't expect them for a lo-o-o-o-ong time.

[url]http://www.geocities.co.jp/HeartLand-Himawari/2544/photosg.html[/url]
If civis can build a near life size model (I'm talking a master grade model) then the US government or any other powerful nation sure as hell could build several working prototype mobile suits.

• 1 month later...