OtakuBoards

Last Movie

Guest LilyBebeboo

Guest LilyBebeboo
What's the last movie you saw?

I saw The Iron Giant the other night. It wasn't as good as I had heard, but I think I'm just picky about kids movies. Some of my favorite movies are for kids (finding nemo, lilo and stitch) but this one just didn't grab me that much. It was a nice story, but there wasn't enough comedy or cuteness to it. I feel like if I was a kid, I would have hated it!

Ok, so what's the last movie you saw and what was good/bad about it?

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I really liked [B]The Iron Giant [/B] and was rather disappointed that [B]Cartoon Network [/B] ended their short-lived tradition of playing it non-stop for one day once a year. The movie wasn't really special in any way, but at the same time it was rather well-written. It didn't have any rediculous humor, it didn't try to act deeper than it was, it was just a simplistic and easily watchable movie. Plus, I must've memorized every line by now... I love the part when the kid drinks coffee and starts talking really fast. It was a clever method of revealing his character in a quick, comedic fashion.

As for the last movie I saw....

[B]Teen Titans: Trouble In Tokyo [/B] was the last one I saw. Coming into this movie the first thing I was scared of was how the Japanese culture would be treated. I was very pleased with the way it was done. [B]Tokyo[/B] looked like the big city it is and the countless neon signs were written in actual Japanese. What overwhelmed me was joy was that for the most part, the Japanese people ACTUALLY spoke Japanese, albeit fairly basic. I hated how the main bad guy was named [B]Brushogun [/B] but at least it wasn't so bad.

The main story was that a Japanese criminal named [B]Psychotech[/B] attacks [B]Gotham City [/B] and before disappearing, he gives the name of his commander - Brushogun. The Titans head for Japan ([B]Beast Boy[/B], being a manga fan, thinks of it as a vacation and hopes to pick up some hot Japanese chicks XD).

When they arrive, Tokyo is dealing with a [B]Godzilla [/B] knockoff which is captured by the Japanese super-troopers. Their commander tells them to drop the case as Brushogun is merely legend and the super-troopers can handle it. The team decides to go on vacation instead, but Robin is still sure somethings goin down. Things get bad when Robin apparently kills Psychotech. That's all I will reveal for now.

There were 2 crowning moments in this movie. The fist is when Beast Boy chases a hot Japanese girl around (she calls him otaku and he thinks it means hes cute XD) and he ends up in a karaoke bar. He gets on stage and begins brilliantly belting out the most horrific translation of the Titans theme ever. The best part was the lyrics "[B]Thunder, lightning, earthquake... dad[/B]!"

The second part is when Robin beats up a yakuza member, takes his clothes and transforms into a total badass then steals a motorcycle and perfectly re-enacts a scene from [B]Akira[/B]. That's gold.[/COLOR]

The last movie that I saw was called Protector. About some Thai protector of elephants. Which is freaking awesome. [spoiler]There is this one scene where he breaks so many bones of like 50 people when they go after him.[/spoiler]

I really loved the movie, but it made me feel sad.

[quote name='Japan_86]The last movie that I saw was called Protector. About some Thai protector of elephants. Which is freaking awesome. [spoiler']There is this one scene where he breaks so many bones of like 50 people when they go after him.[/spoiler][/quote] Ong Bak: Thai Warrior definitely turned me on to Muai Thai in movies, so if I see this one I'll probably give it a rent. :)

The last movie I saw was Silent Movie, a Mel Brooks movie that, as you'd expect, parodied the silent film genre. The gags were sheer genius, and the fact that [spoiler]the only audible word spoken in the film was said by a mime[/spoiler] was hilarious. I recommend it wholeheartedly.

[QUOTE=F.O.Y.][COLOR=DarkOrange]
The second part is when Robin beats up a yakuza member, takes his clothes and transforms into a total badass then steals a motorcycle and perfectly re-enacts a scene from [B]Akira[/B]. That's gold.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=slategray]Ohhh, man, Robin was so [I]sexy[/I] in that white trench coat. *cough*
I'm sad though, I only got to see the second half of the movie. Now I have to wait until November to buy it on DVD. :(

By the way, I think the main thing that sticks out in my mind when I hear[B]Iron Giant[/B] are those freaking milkshake things they had. Those looked delicious. (Not the one with the laxative, though. >>)

Anyway.
The last movie I saw, huh? Well... I watched Bambi a few nights ago. And let me say, you can't get any better than classic Disney movies. Bambi has to be my favorite. In fact, I want to make a Thumper banner.... incredibly bad. Too bad Photoshop was deleted off my computer again.
I actually don't have that much more to say...

Eh.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Bláse][size=1][color=slategray] And let me say, you can't get any better than classic Disney movies. [/color'][/size][/quote]

[size=1][color=black]Oh, definitely. It seems like ever since I turned 18 I've been watching all the Disney films I used to watch when I was a kid. I love Aladdin (although that's relatively recent) and Dumbo, in particular. Although I'm not so crazy about all these Disney sequels they've released - there's a sequel to Bambi, but perhaps that's old news. Maybe I'm not 'with it' when it comes to children's films anymore.

The last movie I saw was [b][URL=http://imdb.com/title/tt0104503/]In The Soup[/URL][/b] (1992), which I bought yesterday. I didn't expect all that much from it, but it was really very good. It's about a writer/filmmaker Aldolpho (Steve Buscemi, who I absolutely adore; he was the one reason I bought the film) who is broke and decides to sell the script he's been writing. This guy Joe (Seymour Cassel) buys the script and ends up dragging Aldolpho along on these weird plans to get money to produce the film. There's more to it than that, but I'm never able to properly explain a film, hehe. Now, it's probably not a film for everyone - it's shot in grainy black and white, so that would put quite a few people off. It's so funny though, and the performances are great, particularly Seymour Cassel, who is hilarious. Steve Buscemi narrates the film, and does the whole "in over his head" feeling so well.

Definitely worth the $7 that I paid for it.[/color][/size]

[font=tahoma]First i just wanna say that Tony Jaa is incredible, and I have been dying to see [b]The Protector[/b]. Been thinking bout just getting it on DVD but i wouldn't mind seeing the movie on the big screen either...aren't many movies nowadays that i'd actually be willing to pay an outrageous $10.50 for.

Anyways, the last movie that I saw in theaters was [b]Pirates of the Carribbean 2[/b], which was captivating till the end. I loved the action scenes, the music (especially the music), and it left off with me on line for Pirates 3 tickets.

The last movie i saw last was [b]The Transporter 2[/b]. It was on TV last night and i was like "Eh, first one wasn't terrible...maybe the action will atleast be good". It wasn't too bad...but i've really come not to be so hopeful when it comes to Jason Statham movies (Haven't seen Crank...don't really want to). [/font]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Last movie I've watched would be [b]Taxi 2[/b], which for those of you not familiar with the film duology is basically set around the main character Daniel, a speed-loving taxi driver in Marseilles and his being invariably roped into whatever situation bumbling police detective Emilien finds himself in. The film is French with English subtitles but as you'll be glued to the action rather than the dialogue it doesn't really make much difference to the overall viewing, that said the DVD version comes with English dubs which you could turn on if you really wanted to laugh as they sound absolutely awful.

Hmm, seeing as it's a Flash movie, I suppose this could count as well, but I've just been watching [B]Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny[/B], which has to be one of the funniest pieces of Flash animation ever.

[B][url=http://uploads.ungrounded.net/content.php?id=285267&name=285267_ultimateshowdown.swf&title=The%20Ultimate%20Showdown&date=1158897600&quality=b&uj=0&w=400&h=300]Pwnage.[/url][/B][/SIZE]

If we can extend the definition of "movie" to include mini-series, the last three movies I watched were [b]Cyrano de Bergerac[/b], [b]Pride and Prejudice[/b] (the BBC version), and [b]Gone with the Wind[/b].

I've seen Cyrano before, but the wordplay seems fresh to me every time. I could never claim to be a movie buff, [spoiler]"O, that this too, too solid nose would melt"[/spoiler] has got to be one of the greatest lines of all time. That whole scene is just unbelievable.

We actually didn't end up watching Pride & Prejudice in its entirety, since it's six-something hours long and we were all pretty tired, so we saw a good chunk of the beginning and then skipped around in search of the good parts while rhapsodizing about the dialogue and acting and so forth.

My previous experience with the BBC version involved VHS and an iffy TV, so I was shocked by how gorgeous it looked on DVD. The DVD version really brings out the beauty of the cinematography and helps put it on an equal footing with the (also excellent and more recent) film version. One has Keira Knightley; the other has Colin Firth. I defy you to choose between them.

As for Gone with the Wind, it was my first time seeing it, and it went by surprisingly fast, given that we watched it in one sitting. I haven't seen many dramatic older movies, so one thing that interested me was how much the acting and dramatization (including the way they framed and brought out important moments, etc.) reminded me of the melodramatic way that things tend to be staged in older anime, even though said anime were made decades after films like Gone with the Wind. It's really almost as if anime underwent the same evolution in terms of directing, writing and acting (from theatrical to more naturalistic), yet later on and in a shorter time period. But I digress.

~Dagger~

This morning I watched [b]The Skeleton Key[/b]. It's an okay flick... the setting is probably my favorite part about the film. The plantation house is nice and unsettling, and the swampy New Orleans area is like something out of an old-fashioned horror movie. As far as acting goes, everyone is solid, with John Hurt being the standout. His character has maybe four or five lines in the entire movie, and his face is frozen in the same position due to his character having suffered a stroke, but his eyes are eerily expressive. Just one look into them tells you everything you need to know about how utterly terrified he is.

The ending seems to be what most people talk about when they mention this movie, and it is a nice twist ending. There are clues everywhere, so I guess that you can see it coming if you pay attention to every little thing up to that point and are able to put everything together. I am not quite that observent, however; the ending surprised me nicely. :P

Not really a must-see film, but it's a fun watch.

THe most recent film that I watched was a little Brazillian one that most people would have heard of by the name of "City of God". If there is one statement that I have towards it, that is "Freaking Sweet". It's very violent with a lot of deaths shown in full detail but the storyline running alongside it was incredibly powerful.
I'd already seen City of Men (Anothger great series) and needed to see what started it and..... well, I'm glad of my choice.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Hmmm....well the last movie I saw would be [B]Lethal Weapon[/B], which is truly an awesome movie. Course I say it's awesome because I just love 80's, 90's, action movies. Yeah, anybody seen Lionheart with Rob Van Damme? Simply awesome.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[B]The last movie I saw was the movie, Brick.

This movie was confusing, smart,clever, and bloody. Chyeeeaaah XDD. I couldn't follow some of this movie, but it was so good, that I didn't care. ^^ The camera angles and etc. were just right, good enough to have my enjoyment.

The character, Brendon, was cocky, smart,and... dorky person that'd take you by surprise.

Loved it alot.[/B]

• 4 weeks later...
Guest moneytree
[COLOR=Purple]um...........I watched [COLOR=Navy]Garfield 2[/COLOR] two weeks ago. It was pretty good and funny :animenose although the storyline was a bit lame~~~~~~~~ :animeswea
Overall, it was cool~~~~~~~~ :p [/COLOR]

The Departed and Saw III at a double feature last night.

The Departed was outstanding, an incredibly smart thriller, definitly one of the best Scorsesse films I've seen. Saw III was great to, pretty visceral, some of the people in the audience left, and a definite recomendation to Saw fans.

[COLOR=Sienna][B]Trailer Park Boys: The Big Dirty.[/B] You 'other people' may not have heard of the Boys, but they're pretty big in Canada... they're god-damn hilarious. So awesome, in fact, that Mike Clattenburg and Paul Roach and the rest of the boys got together and decided to make a movie... It was simply awesome. It was vulgar, it was raunchy, it was stupid, but holy crap was it funny. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]The last movie I saw was Adam Sandler in "Click". I thought it was just another big dumb Adam Sandalr moive. You know, jokes about farts, toleit humor, sex, "SHAMALAMALOO!" etc. But it was a little different. "Click" had a very positive message in it, when you see it. Adam plays Michael, a workaholic father and husband, who seems to have no time for his family. But when he gets a magic remote control, he gets more than he could ask for. He can mute his wife's sister, fast forward through a cold, etc. But there were consequences to his actions. I'm not going to spoil it. See for yourself.
And yes, there is some dumb humor in there anyway.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1]The last movie I went to see was The Departed. I hated it. I've never liked movies, television, with such immense swearing.

The last dvd I watched was Click. This I did like. It was good, and funny. Much better than I'd expected, but it still could have been better. I've notice a lack of quality to the movies that have been coming out lately. :/[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]I think the last movie I saw was Eight Crazy Nights with Adam Sandler. And yes, I know, it's an older movie, but I had already saw it before and I wanted to see it again because I thought it was funny as ****. Yeah, that movie was pretty funny, I laughed my *** off the entire movie. Yep.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]The last movie I saw was Jackass 2. It was hilarious, though I missed parts of it (mostly tiny bits of the huge ending prank, and the credits). [spoiler]The ending was great, I laughed so much when they used their pubes for beard hair. haha[/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]