OtakuBoards

Last Game you bought?

Guest LilyBebeboo

Guest LilyBebeboo
Whats the last game you bought and are still playing?? I just got tetris for my DS lite and im STILL playing it. hehe. never stopped, i swear!

what about you??

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkOrange]The most recent video game purchase I made was [B]Dead Rising [/B] for the [B]XBOX 360[/B].

This game is astounding. Zombies are one of my favorite monsters (they're all the rage right now, almost as popular as pirates or ninjas) and killing them is always a joy. In the past, I was unattracted to zombie games because they usually involved a reticle and the second most cliche weapon in all of video gaming.

Dead Rising allows me to creatively kill myriads of zombies with myriads of weapons.

What I truly love about this game, though, is the psycopaths! Each of them has a unique battle and are demented in their own ways. The Vietnam War veteran was [I]just freaking [/I] [I]scary[/I].

Plus, this game adheres to my love of grousome and freakish deaths. For example, when you bring down [spoiler][B]Adam the Clown[/B], he falls forward onto his mini-chainsaws and you get to watch the blood fly as they carve into his stomach. [/spoiler]Sick.

I have yet to complete the game -- I believe I'm about half way through (I got it on Friday) and I plan on completing it by the end of the week.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Since I have been too broke or too busy to really play much, the last game I bought was Devil May Cry 3. I haven't gotten very far in it but I still play it occasionally. Before that though, I was given Final Fantasy IX. In that game, however, I am at the last boss. For now I do not think I will be able to finish the game because I favored Dagger, Zidane, Freya and Vivi too much and rushed through the game...so low levels and characters that can't do a single thing to stay alive or kill the boss is really annoying.[/COLOR]

[color=darkblue][size=1]The last game I bought would be [b]Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean[/b] for the [b]GCN.[/b]

I'm totally in love with it. The storyline, the graphics, the characters: everything about it is amazing to me. I can't get enough, heh. I played it for 12 hours straight when I first got it, because I wanted to see the plot unravel so much. Unfortunately for me, I'm in the middle of term, so I haven't been able to play it as much as I used to, but I plan on making up for lost time when the semester breaks come. I'm pretty close to the end, though, which makes me a bit sad.[/color][/size]

[size=1]The last game I [b]bought[/b]? I can safely say it's been awhile since I've actually bought a game, seeing as how I don't have the budget to buy them alot.

Anyway, the last game I bought was [b]Katamari Damacy[/b] for the PS2. I cannot begin to tell how how freakin' addicting that game is! I love the gameplay, the concept, the graphics (though VERY dated), and most of all -- the music, though not as much as We Love Katamari (the sequel). I wound up playing and beating it before Kingdom Hearts II, a game I had looked forward to for two years, because KD was too freakin' addicting. I wanna play Me and My Katamari for the PSP, but I heard that it isn't very good as its console brethren.

Oh well, I can always hope for a KD3 before the PS3 gets here.[/size]

[font=tahoma]Actually, a friend and myself just went to the mall near us on tuesday and between us came back with about 20 DVDs and Games. She bought FFX-2 and FF:CC for gamecube, she's been dying to play X-2 and the copy i had got messed up so it dosn't play anymore...and neither of us have played crystal chronicles so i have that sitting here too.

The games i purchased were Suikoden Tactics, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (the only one i was missing from the collection before Tuesday), and Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven (fun and underrated). Just felt like splurging on some stuff. I'm still looking to get a copy of SMT: Digital Devil Saga (the first one) for PS2 and i already have my collectors edition of FFXII reserved...so those will be my next purchases.[/font]

[b][size=1]X-Men Legends 2 for the ps2. I actually got it Monday, and it was beaten about 4 hours ago today. (Well, that sort of thing happens when you have nothing else to do or no job / laid off.) While there is some replay value to it, it's not giving me the satisfaction that I'm looking for. (Mainly Onimusha 4. I've been in the mood to play that for quite some time, but I was told that I would be getting it as a gift... So... "shrugs") And it was only $10. So it was worth it, so to speak. No complaints really.[/b][/size]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]The last game I bought that wasn't for the PC was... Animal Crossing: Wild World for the DS. I've kind of reached the end of my AC:WW phase but I'll try my best to describe it's greatness without getting bored.

Basically you play as a civilian in your very own community (which you get to name). You can do so much stuff that it would be hard to name it all, but I'll try. You can plant trees and flowers, you can dig holes to bury money and other stuff, you can interact with other town people (NPCs) or friends (visit their town and talk to them and their fellow townies), you can participate in loads of events (fireworks shows, bug catching contest, fish catching contests to name a few), and tons of other stuff.

I actually bought this game with my DS Lite along with Tao's Adventure (which [i]sucks[/i], by the way) and I'm rather happy with my investment. Although my hype only lasted about a month, I'm sure it'll come back sometime soon. In fact, *picks up DS Lite*.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Well the last game I bought was Unreal Championship for the xbox. Which, I might add, is a kick *** game. Especially considering that is was made in late 2002, so the graphics aren't the best in the world. But still, it's highly addictive and has good control and sound. I just went out and bought this game because me and my friend played it at his house on his subwoofer, which was awesome. So I went out and bought it. And I can tell you right now that the next game i'll probably buy is Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2. Actually it probably wont, but I can't wait for the release of this game.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I bought [b]Xenosaga Episode III[/b] and [b]Shadow of the Colossus[/b] in one go, but it may be a while until I start playing the latter, since I think and hope that Xenosaga is going to occupy me at least until FFXII comes out. I am looking forward to it all the same, though. It's been a while since I played a non-turn-based game other than Kingdom Hearts. Hopefully I won't be awful at it; my puzzle-solving skills are traditionally terrible, and it sounds like most of the monsters in it are essentially giant puzzles.

I can't say too much about Xenosaga Episode III yet (well, not too much other than [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=55236][u]this[/u][/url], heh). But I'm very excited about advancing further in it, and it already seems like a more polished production than Episodes I and II, which is the way it should be. I don't know whether or not the story will end up seeming rushed, but I'm certainly not going to make any definitive judgments about its pacing before I've finished experiencing it for myself. As long as the characterization doesn't suffer in the process, I don't mind if things unfold faster than they did in the past.

In any case, it'll be interesting to see if I can spot the places where it was censored for violence.

~Dagger~

[size=1][color=slategray]The last game I bought was [B].hack//MUTATION[/B] about three months back. I pumped a good forty or so hours into it, then got stuck because I didn't have the right kind of cores to hack into a certain gate. Plus, it was taking forever for me to find the size of monster I need to Data Drain to get that kind of core.... sooo... I lost interest.

Plus, I had gotten my nVidia GeForce 6800 graphics card for my computer around that time, enabling me to play [B]The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion[/B]... so... I sort of forgot about [I]everything[/I] when I started that up. Heh.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Same as White, last game I bought was [B]Animal Crossing: Wild World[/B] for my Nintendo DS Lite, though seeing as I bought the DS Lite at the same time as AC: WW I guess it was fair to say I could have bought the console to play the game. For those of you interested in a summary, read White's post as he's actually had the chance to play Wi-Fi which enhances the experience considerably, at least that's what I hear as I'm a non Wi-Fi user. I must admit at the back of it all, I feel a bit let down by Animal Crossing, it's really fun, no doubt there, but seems a bit shallow as without Wi-Fi you're really just playing a highly colourful version of moving to the countryside without the ability to leave.

Oh and Blasé, enjoy your 6800, as a graphics card on Oblivion, it pwns.[/SIZE]

[color=#4B0082]The last game I bought was Guild Wars Factions, but that's a PC game. Otherwise it would also be Animal Crossing: Wild World, which I got just a little while after it was released in the US. Yeah, I really have only bought two games so far this year. It makes me sad too.

I still play ACWW off and on, but not nearly as much as I did when I first got the game. I mainly play when other people are also active in the game so I can visit their villages over the net.[/color]

[color=darkred][size=1]Less than 4 hours ago, I purchased Donkey Konga and DK: Jungle Beat. Great stuff, and the bundles are only $20 at Wal-Mart now!!

Also today, I dropped the full amount on a reserve for Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. Deception was [i]amazing[/i], and since this one features a whopping 62 playable characters, needless to say, I'm quite jazzed.

--Chris[/color][/size]

[color=#8B0000]The newest game in my house is Super Princess Peach, which is my sister's game. The last games that [i]I[/i] bought were God Of War and GTA: Liberty City Stories for the PS2, which were back in July or August, I think, because they were only £20 a pop (God Of War being platinum). I played the hell out of God Of War, but hardly touched GTA: LSC because I got bored with it a few missions into the game. Luckily, my brother took an interest into it, so it wasn't a complete waste. I am, however, looking forward to Vice City Stories, seeing as Vice City is my favourite in the current series.[/color]

Guest shuichi2cute
Let's see the last game i bought was Chrono Cross but the last game i bought that i still play is Kingdom heats 2 i can never imagine me stopping from playing the game it is my favorite game i just wish it was longer like kingdom hearts 1 oh well it is still a great game in my opinion.

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Welcome to OtakuBoards, shuichi2cute!

Here at OtakuBoards we try to keep post quality fairly high. Unfortunately, your post doesn't meet the standards that we outline in the rules. Try giving a little more information about the games you bought and why you liked or disliked them.

You should also read the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=55113]Play It Rules[/url] and the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Official Rules[/url] before posting again.

Thanks! - White[/FONT][/COLOR]

You know what! I rented Resident Evil 4 (RE4) and then bought it a couple months later.

It took all my money and yet, it was worth it. I know it sounds stupid, but I had to get every single thing in the entire game. There wasn't a way I would ever give the game away before that time. Now I would - anyone want it ? (Kidding)

I just had to get everything. The hand cannon, random little parasite killer, infinite launcher, Chicago typewriter, EVERYTHING. I had to beat Saddler with out any other weapon besides my Chicago typewriter and take that launcher!

Totally - the game was worth it. It might sound stupid to some. But in the end.. all that matters is enjoyment! I mean, if I played through a game and didn't enjoy it, it would have been useless, right? Thats how I look at it. On the same token - Getting the Hand cannon wasn't fun (Or the randon little parasite killer)! But it was entertaining.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]I guess for me it would be the two most recent games I bought since I got both Star Ocean: Till the end of time and Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King at the same time. Both of them are wonderfully addicting and I?ve been playing both of them a lot. I?ve yet to beat either one though as I?ve also been playing Final Fantasy VIII and Yu-Gi-Oh The duelist of the roses as well.

Dragon Quest VIII is done in a cell-shaded style that has character designs similar to Dragonball. The storyline and different paths you take (paths being different weapons proficiencies as you can choose different ways to go) make the game a lot of fun and very enjoyable. It also has excellent voice actors. Well other than the hero who has no voice actor. The only thing I found a bit off was that the town characters look the same in every single town. Literally.

Star Ocean: Till the end of time has turned out to be one of my absolute favorite games I?ve ever played. In addition to a nice science fiction storyline, it?s got lovable characters and a really fun battle system. You can choose between using various techniques or using spells (known as symbology in the game) when in battle, and though there aren?t a lot of side quests in the main storyline, once you beat the game it opens up a lot of bonus dungeons and stuff that you can do. Though I?ve yet to actually beat it. It also has a system of customizing and inventing as a means to get the better weapons and armor. I really like that part as well as it?s fun inventing stuff or simply making what you need for you party. It?s fun in that there are a lot of things to be made so you have lots of options for armor, and other usable stuff.

Anyway, my next purchase is going to be Kingdom Hearts as I haven?t played that game yet. ^_^[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=Blue]My lateset purchases would be Enchanted Arms and Saints Row for my 360.

Saints Row was great despite being a GTA rip off it did alot of things better and looked great. I enjoyed it alot. Side missions were actually fun and the shooting and drving were done very smoothly. A definte must have if you like GTA games.

Enchanted Arms is your standard JRPG but for ome reason it enticed me. I just wanted to see what happend next not to mention the battle system was alot of fun and original. There were way to many random battles but thats a usual for JRPGs and the English Dub was terrible. Thanks for the Sub option :animeswea . I beat it twice and enjoyed it both times not to mention i got a boatload full of Achievement points.

These two were fun and addicting . My next game will probaly be Phantasy Star Universe can't wait for that one.[/COLOR]

The other day, I got [b]Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria[/b] and [b]Okami[/b]. I'm extremely excited about VP2, even though I haven't played the first game (and probably never will, unless I manage to befriend someone with a PSP). Now that I know it can be played in widescreen, though, I may put it off until winter break so that I can take advantage of the nice TV at home. When I get it, FFXII will meet the same fate.

I didn't realize that Shadow of the Colossus had the same option until I had already started playing it on my 4:3 TV. Since it's a fairly short game, though, I guess I can always play it again at home if I end up really digging it. It does kind of irk me to know that I could experience the colossi in widescreen glory if I just waited a little longer, but the only other games I have on hand are Jak II and Okami, as mentioned above, and I'm not in the mood for either of them at this point.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger]The other day, I got [b]Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria[/b] and [b]Okami[/b]. I'm extremely excited about VP2, even though I haven't played the first game (and probably never will, unless I manage to befriend someone with a PSP). Now that I know it can be played in widescreen, though, I may put it off until winter break so that I can take advantage of the nice TV at home. When I get it, FFXII will meet the same fate.

I didn't realize that Shadow of the Colossus had the same option until I had already started playing it on my 4:3 TV. Since it's a fairly short game, though, I guess I can always play it again at home if I end up really digging it. It does kind of irk me to know that I could experience the colossi in widescreen glory if I just waited a little longer, but the only other games I have on hand are Jak II and Okami, as mentioned above, and I'm not in the mood for either of them at this point.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Lenneth is a re-release so to speak of the original onto the PSP, so you could pick up the PS version and play it on your PS2. It would virtually be the same.

I've been looking into getting Okami. My friend who works at the gamestop by me told me a ton of crap about it, said it's worth picking up.[/font]

[quote name='BKstyles']Lenneth is a transliteration of the original onto the PSP, so you could pick up the PS version and play it on your PS2. It would virtually be the same. [/quote]
I'd like to, but the only place I've seen the PS version being sold is on eBay, and the prices on some of those auctions went well above the maximum I'd consider paying for a game that I've never tried out before. It's too bad, really, because I usually hate to miss out on one of the entries in a particular series.

~Dagger~