OtakuBoards

Last Game you bought?

Guest LilyBebeboo

[font=papyrus][color=olive]Hmm...The last game I bought? Whew, that was a long time ago. It was Shadow the Hedgehog, but I just love that game. Naturally, there are some who hate the fact that he uses weaponry, but they're just upset that Shadow wipes Sonic off the floor with them. Besides, he doesn't have to use them. You can beat any boss/enemy with or without the weapons.
Anyways...

One of the main reasons why I don't have anything recently is due to parental watch (my mother hates any video game console). :animecry: I need my games!
But, I compromise with my sister and play Tales of Symphonia. I usually just play with my brother and sister's games(they have money, I don't).:D[/color] [/font]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Well, the last game I bought was Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 2!
I play it almost everyday and I´m pretty good at it now.
Yesterday I tried the hardest difficulty level and was awefully dissapointed ^-^!

It´s the best Dragon Ball game ever! Lot´s of charas! In-game-trasformation is back!
Nice new combo-system! Change the BGM manually before the VS-Battle!
[COLOR=Red]My favourite charas:
Vegeta(I´m number one!)!
Bardock(I´ll change the future!!)!
Tapion(I´ll show you the power of courage!!)
Broly(KAKAROT!!!!)
Krillin(Why is it always me...!
Trunks(BURNING ATTACK!!![/COLOR]

This game just rocks! I´m obbsesed![/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
The last two games I brought, or rather the last two games I've ordered was Chrono Cross and Dragon Quest VIII. I haven't really got into either game, I just played around with them for a good 5 minutes just to get the feel for the games and whatnot.

From what I've played and seen of Chrono Cross, I can say that I'll more than likely end up liking this game over all the other RPG's I've played. I did some fire type magic attack and it looked good for a PS1 title. Graphically speaking, I was blown away, but I'll get back to that another time. I do like the battle system they have here as well.

Dragon Quest VIII. Can't really say much about it. It seems easy enough at the moment, just gotta get use to the british (I think) accent.

Uhh... I do have the FFXII demo that came with it, and I did try it out. And if the real thing hasn't changed any of what I've played from the demo, then there is no way in hell will I pick up the game itself. I cannot, and do not like the battle system on it. I know I'm not going to get use to it overnight, but I never did like games that had that type of play style. So if Vagrant Story (I hear FFXII got the battle system from VS) has a similar battle system to that of FFXII let me know now so I won't bother with it.

Vagrant Story doesn't even have parties, so the comparison can only go so far. It does feel much more like an action game than FFXII, since you won't accomplish anything without chaining attacks (which is done by pressing buttons when your character strikes) or using defense abilities (ditto, except that it's when enemies strike you). I think I'm at least two-thirds of the way through, so I probably have a decent feel for it. Taking care of regular enemies is a lot less hands-off than in FFXII.

My main problem with it is that although the dungeons are fun (I've been playing it in almost every spare moment, and I have yet to get bored), the bosses are a pain in the neck. You're almost forced to use the exact same technique on all of them.

~Dagger~

[font=arial]The last game I bought was Call of Duty 3 for Xbox 360. I actually got Call of Duty 2 with my Xbox when I first bought it and I was pretty surprised at how great it was - it was my favourite Xbox 360 launch game and one of my overall favourites on the system.

Call of Duty 3 is as good as its predecessor - it improves in a few key areas though. For one thing, planting explosives now results in a kind of mini-game (similar to what you would have seen in Shenmue or something). Also, there are new dynamic mini-games that are very reminiscent of both Shenmue and Resident Evil 4 - if a solider is hiding from you and they suddenly grab your gun, you actually get into a scuffle with them that involves rapid presses on RT/LT. Some of these mini-games are more elaborate, but generally speaking, they do break things up really nicely and they keep the game exciting (as if it really needed that, haha).

I'm not a huge FPS fan and I'm also not a big fan of WWII games - in fact, I usually go out of my way to avoid them. But I'm loving the Call of Duty series a lot...and so far Call of Duty 3 has been wonderful all the way through.

The only negative for me is that you can't skip the cut scenes. This is very annoying, as some of them are fairly lengthy. Plus, I frankly just don't care about the story at all; it doesn't really interest me. It's a small gripe though; other than that, I'm very happy with the overall experience.[/font]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]The last game I got (didn't so much buy it as received it as a gift) was [B]Wario Ware Inc[/B]. for the [B]Wii[/B]. now, before playing this game the only Wario Ware experience I'd had was playing store demos and watching TV reviews, so I was excited to finally have one of the games.

Wario ware is the craziest junk I've ever seen, even more than [B]Katamari Damaci[/B]. The characters are all awesome in their cartoonish glory and make the best of cliches. We've got the dancin' fool with a huge afro, little girl ninjas, a young goku-lookin martial arts master, and of course Wario's fat *** (one of my favrite nintendo characters, btw).

The best part about the Wii version of this game is the controls. There are more than 10 control styles used in the mini games, each with it's own special name and explanation. There's one where you hold it like you're riding a bike, writing a paper, boxing, weightlifting, and even one where you have a mohawk. Every game starts by telling you which to use and can be insane trying to set it up in time.

The craziness of the games is what really caught me. Theres some where you have to push some lady to the ground, keep a panda balanced, abduct a cow with a sweet-looking CG spaceship, and of course the classic pick wario's nose. Your Mii is also incorporated into the gameplay and you sometimes play as him in fights.

The best part, though, is when you go inside the game store and play mini-games that are actually parts of Nintendo games! There's one par that puts you in a spot from the leaf dungeon in [B]the Legend of Zelda Wind Waker [/B] and you have to float with the giant leaf. Another puts you in [B]Metroid Prime [/B] as a morph ball needing to knock over a canister. it's all great fun.

the only problem was the game's insane brevity. Even with a few losses, it only took me an hour or so to beat the whole game and the secret level.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Black]The last game I bought was today, Soul Calibur 3 kind of late to pick it up I know but I couldn?t really find it any ware that it wasn?t 50$, and I?m broke ya know. Haven?t played it too much but I already know mastering S.C.2 made playing 3 even harder because of the control difference, from 2-3 and GameCube - ps2. Its one of the sickest games I?ve played. With its new characters, with there awesome new weapons, and the create a character mode so nice. And the landscape is incredible ?if you haven?t already played sc2? because the difference isn?t that big?

Before that it was Genji Dawn of the Samurai over Christmas again late to pick it up. I beat that in under a week really sweet game if your into live action and samurai killings, its extremely high paced an Yoshitsune has one of the Koolest fighting styles, one back hand and one front hand katana. The is really sweet kind of short but awesome ?benkei isn?t that kool because he reminds me of my retarded friend.?

Last the same week I bought Genji I got The legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. Also beat it in the same week as Genji pretty sweet game, not up to its hype or 5 yr wait. If I was on the team I would?ve given it more and longer dungeons. There?s a special item called the spinner, sounds gay I know but its awesome, you stand on it and it spins but if you hit a track it clicks in and you go almost three times as fast while following the track it so kool and you have to collect items and defeat the boss this way, very kool item, great game.

I?d recommend all of them and if you can find them for under 40 $ even better. [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Well, the last game I bought was Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles for the Playstation 2. It's not really all that great of a game really. Although the 3D look for Naruto and the gang is quite interesting, and the RPG style really isn't half bad. But the thing I really didn't like about this game was the fact that there is absolutely no multiplayer whatsoever. Oh well, it's still not that bad of a game considering everything else.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
I kind of went game crazy this time around, seeing how I order 3 games, then went out to buy another. (And I'm still not done with the others)

The 3 games I ordered are [i]Matrix: Path of Neo[/i], for some reason I found myself wanting to play this game again, and it was only $12 so "shrugs". (Or rather, it's a guilty pleasure) The controls are bad though, in terms of button timing (there's another word, but I can't think of it now.)

[i]Dynasty Warriors 4[/i], it arrived a little earlier than I expected, and didn't come with the other game, but I guess I can't be too disappointed. This one, for me is the game I need to take some aggression out on it. I've been needing a game like this one for so long.

[i]Samurai Warriors[/i], like Dynasty Warriors 4, another game that was needed for some aggression.

The game I brought yesterday was Kingdom Hearts 2. Even though I've already beaten this game, I was craving to see some of those cg's. While I was at Walmart yesterday, I also started to pick up Naruto: Ultimate Ninja, but I decided to leave it be. And now I'm thinking if I want to pick that game up next.

If we go by the last game I actually bought it would be Twilight Princess, since I don't buy a lot of games. And as I've already mentioned in the thread for it, it was 100% worth every penny I spent. I've yet to finish it, but I've really enjoyed playing it.

Now if we go on to the last game I got, which was given to me for Christmas, it would be Star Ocean: Till the end of time. And though it's not quite as solid as Twilight Princess is, I have been enjoying playing it. About the only complaint I have is that it's the type of game that really should have come bundled with the game guide. Because with out the guide, once you get so far it's annoying as hell, due to the customization and inventing aspect. But if you have the guide, it goes back to being a fun game, even if parts of it are cliched. And it's got good voice actors for it which is always a plus in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
I just recently bought Crackdown. But since Microsoft introduced the platnium hits line for 360 I have been buying games left and right. I mostly bought Crackdown for Halo 3 Beta. But if all works out soon i'll be laying down 300 Bucks for a Wii + Zelda.

[SIZE=1] one the most recent game I purchased [last october] was DDR: SuperNova, wow. I've fallen in love with the game all over again [havent played for like six years] but my skills are very rusted, so I've been playing that game everyday sincew I've gotten home from work / school. [it's been a great way for me to keep fit (in conjuction with calestenics) during off tennis off season.]

the other is Guitar Hero II, just wow. perfect, it's fun and great, but it cant replace the feeling of playing an actual guitar [but it works my pink dexerity like crazy and a majority of the songs I've never heard of] [/SIZE]

My enjoyment of Vagrant Story and FFXII inspired me to order Final Fantasy Tactics. It'll have to wait until after I finish Xenogears, though. It's kind of funny how the order in which I buy games has no bearing on the order in which I actually play them...

~Dagger~

• 3 weeks later...
[FONT=Times New Roman][Color=slategray]So I have another order of games coming. Naruto: Ultimate Ninja and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. I was in the mood for a fighting game, but not your average Soul Calibur or Tekken type fighting game. Gulity Gears was sold out, and so that only left either that Street Fighter Alpha Collection (or was it anniversary?) or Naruto. I went with the latter (obviously) because I haven't played it yet. For MGS3: Subsistence, well, I traded Snake-Eater in because I already beat it (everything was unlocked.), but I was still craving it, so what better way to get back into the series with the newer verison... That, and I couldn't think of any other game that I really wanted.... "coughs"
[/color][/font]

The last game that I bought (or rather, my dad bought and I play sometimes) was Clubhouse Games, which isn't SO bad. I just wish I could play Go on it... :animesigh

The last game that I got and actually own, is FF3 DS. I got it for Christmas, and finished it a month ago, or maybe more...

• 1 month later...
[font=comic sans ms]Last game I brought was [b]Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne[/b]. I haven't played it too much because I've been trying to finish up with Final Fantasy 8. I'm following this no level-up guide, and I should beat it within a day or two as I'm currently on the 3rd disc. As long as I've had this game, I still haven't beaten it.

In any case, I'm thinking about going on another game spree. (because I can't decide if I want to buy a movie, anime, show)

My eyes are currently set on [b]Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time[/b]. Judging from it's thread, it sounds pretty good. (And it's $8 :)) Hopefully, the voice acting won't be as bad as I've heard it was. And I'm also curious about this "real time" gameplay. I don't think I've ever played an RPG with that type of battle system. Unless X-Men Legends, Kingdom Hearts, and Zelda (OoT) has that style of gameplay? (I always thought they were action games.)

Anyways, [b]Valkyrie Profile 2[/b] [strike]as well as [b]Rogue Galaxy[/b][/strike] is another game I'm thinking about as well. I was hoping there was a thread about the 2 games, but seeing as there isn't, I need to know if they're worth checking out?

[b]Rogue Galaxy[/b] is on the way. Now I'm thinking about [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b] and [b]Radiata Stories.[/b][/font]