OtakuBoards

What's your geekiest purchase?

vegeta rocker

[quote name='Kurayami Oji][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Heh, this is a easy one, my Dragonball Z alarm clock. Now, I don't know about all that it about it being not worth it, but it's definetly my geekiest purchase yet and definetly awesome. Ah, it's funny the things you'll buy when your so obsessed with a anime^^[/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote]

My roommate has a Dragonball Z wall clock that will belt out random phrases. I told her to get it out since the condensation seems to be messing with it but she hasnt done it.

Every hour if the light is on, its suppossed to yell something out by, vegeta, goku, frieza or picallo.

So imagine using the bathroom then hearing Picallo yell "come on we gotta do this".\

Scared the crap outta me.

;)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=DeathKnight][color=crimson]While walking past some shops in Hot Springs, Arkansas I saw something I absolutely had to have. In one of the window displays was a pristine movie [url=http://www.posterwire.com/archives/2005/03/24/attack-of-the-50ft-woman/]poster for Attack of the 50ft Woman[/url] which is one of the coolest 50's Sci Fi movies I've seen. The poster itself is humorously awesome- a giant woman destroying a highway in skimpy clothing, lol.

Instapurchase! It decorates my desk to this day.[/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]"Hey! I can see up your skirt!"

She is far more than 50 feet tall. But, all jokes aside, I'd have to say that my geekiest (and most recent) purchase is my Conan boxed set. I'm sorry, but a guy who runs around killing people and chilling (and by chilling, I imply something with a higher parental rating...R comes to mind) with the ladies is a role model for the children.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Well, I don't REALLY have the money to go around buying a whole lot of geeky novelty items, but I'd have to say that my geekiest purchase was that of a "My Neighbour Totoro" purse, which I proudly carry around at school. :D I also own 4 anime posters and quite a few anime DVDs, but I don't suppose that's THAT geeky. It was also pretty geeky when I made myself a Fullmetal Alchemist T-shirt in Graphics at school in our Screen Printing unit. :animeswea

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][FONT=Book Antiqua][QUOTE=Delta][COLOR=#656446]
My geekiest purchase? Hmm, does a book on Geology count? Or rather, does screaming with euphoria and hyperventilating to the point of losing consciousness at the sight of [url=http://www.prenhall.com/tarbuck/][i]Earth: An Introduction to Physical Geology[/i][/url] sound geeky to you?
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I want that! I love Geology! I would have probably done the same thing... :animeswea

[QUOTE=Ikillion][color=#56995e][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
However as of recently I think my Geekiest purchace was a 12 case pack of [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramune]Ramune[/URL] which I may say was an abasolute ***** to open till I read the directions on it.[/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I bought that at con! It is as addcitive as I think crack would be! It took my brother and I about 7 minutes to figure out how to open it. I didn't even know it had a real name! I just called it Japanese fizzy water with a marble in it.

Anyways, my geekiest purchase had to be a [B]Giant box of Pocky.[/B] I went to London, Ontario last weekend, and I saw it at the store. I never knew they sold giant pocky in a normal supermarket(and never seen it), so I bought it! I couldn't just leave the store knowing that I could have gotten my hands on a box of giant pocky...Plus the box is bigger than my head. It was a $13.79 well spent.[/FONT][/COLOR]

All you kids and your "geeky" purchases....you'll need a few more years before you can match my geeky purchase abilities! :p

I found a first edition copy of a book called [b]Inherit the Stars by James P. Hogan[/b] because it's the book in episode 67 "Paper Hero" in Robotech's New Generation story arc that Lunk is trying to return to this friend's father. The name of the book is never mentioned but the title of the book and author name is visable in one scene for about 3 seconds. Being the Robotech otaku that I am I remembered the name of that book for well over a decade (closer to two decades!) before stumbling across this book.

I purchased it for .49 cents.

I'm also a cosplayer which is an uber-geeky hobby so all the supplies and stuff needed to create my costumes would definitely rank very high on the geek list. I have a closet full of anime / gaming based costumes and props with many more in the works. I should also mention I am making a Katamari Damacy (see avi and banner for example) costume right now. Fear my geekiness! :p

Oh man, this is a brutal topic. Okay So I walked into a comic book store and there was a sale on manga. I purchased all of real bout highschool cuz it was way cheap... Then I saw a pair of japanes die... which led me to notice a box of multi sided die. 8 pairs later and I still wasn't satisfied. I found an awsome T Shirt of the Flash. I bought back issues of my favorite DCU comic the outsiders. And some very detailed Love Hina action figures... okay so I thought I was done and I saw the coolest spiderman messenger bag ever... bought it. Basically I spent over a hundred dollars.... but I got awsome deals on... comic books and toys.... when I met my girl friend an hour later in the mall food court she asked what did you buy? ..... I sheepishly gave her the list. I'm still being mocked.

[SIZE=1]I've had many geeky purchases. Most of my OBers know of the obsession I had with Matrix for awhile there, which produced many trips to the store for goodies, or oogling over them online. I have way too much Matrix merchandise, which includes..four posters, all dvds, then the Matrix dvd box set, two busts, all soundtracks, 6 action figures, and I actually kept any magizine that had anthing to do with Matrix, even if the article was one paragraph long. My whole room if still Matrix actually, too lazy to change.

I had an obsession with the Mummy movies for awhile there too, so of course I have both posters, both of VHS & DVD, & soundtracks.

As for anime, I got into it with DBZ so I was obsessed with that as a kid. A mini DragonBall Z skateboard, all the little action figures(they were sold in a set of 6 or something, with several diffrent packs), around five other DBZ action figures of normal size, a little Goku and Piccolo from DragonBall my friend got me on her trip to Japan, various other anime action figures. I have a throw pillow with Trunks on one side and Goku on the other. Random DBZ VHS tapes, along with some dvds, twelve DragonBall Z shirts, which I don't wear except to bed. Other random anime shirts.

I also bought the binary blanket and pillow from thinkgeek.com, and the Mega Tokyo message bag, which I don't use anymore.

I bought a panoramic poster of Japan aswell, which is hanging on my wall at my mom's.

These are things that I have accumulated over the last nine years, and I haven't actually bought anything "geekish" in a very long time.

[COLOR=royalblue]Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, I have made a somewhat geeky purchase recently. I bought a hoody with a silhouetted girl kicking in front of the korean flag(Taekwondo), and a shirt with the Arizona flag on it. ^_^;[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]My geekiest purchase, at least recently would have to be this: [URL=http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8320/aaryannabarkrangerblueio4.jpg][COLOR=DarkOrchid][B]Bark Ranger![/B][/COLOR][/URL] When I saw that in Yellowstone, it was so adorable I just had to get it. And to make it even more geeky. There was a pink one so I got both. Usually it's my family who likes to dress up my dog and not me. [/COLOR] :animesigh

SaiyanPrincessX wrote -[QUOTE]I also bought the binary blanket and pillow from thinkgeek.com, and the Mega Tokyo message bag, which I don't use anymore.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA! My girlfriend tottaly bought that bag after I turned her on to megatokyo back in 2003, before it was lame. She carries her books or her laptop in it and she has a samwise lord of the wrings pin on the front flap. That's gotta be like a sign of true geekness right there. And she got me a "cool thing" mouse-pad too.

Once I bought a gundam wing model kit and modelling stuff and the girl at the register says something like,," oh so your into that "anime" stuff," and I replied "y-y-yess" because she was very attractive. And then she said, "aren't you a little old for cartoons and action figures" and I said, like an idiot, "NOOO, what's it to YOOU IF I watch CARTOONS!!" and I ran off with out my bag... then I had to come back for it... so embarassing. :animeshy:

[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Well, I've made a lot of geeky purchases in my life, but I would have to say the most geekiest one I've ever made was when I bought billions of Legolas crap: pens, buttons, notebooks, paper, shirts and heck, I even have a life- size cardboard stand in my room. This was when I was totally obssessed with him and LotR when it first came out... thus my complete obession with the blonde- haired elf hottie.

I must admit, I still use all those things and repeatedly watch the trilogy, but my little obsession will probably never go away. It's a crap good movie and I'd say that this geeky fad changed my life in saying that: nerds equal heart. :DD[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I just finished putting money down on final fantasy 12 the special edition so i guess i can add that to my geekdom. It wasn't too much considering its the game in a metal case and the special edition art book. It was only ten dollars more.

But i guess where my uber geek comes out is the midnight release party Gamestop is having. I can't really make an argument when i am sorrounded by gamers who have squeezed themselves into cosplay outfits.

Square - Enix hear my cry, dress your characters more conservatively. If not for me, for the masses that witness the sight of them.

[font=arial][size=1]While it's not exactly geeky, I have an extreme love for a local record company, [url=http://tribunalrecords.net]Tribunal Records[/url]. If you didn't know, Atreyu got their start on that label. Well, a band from that label, Swift, sort of saved my life in a sense, to where I would not be the person I am today had I not heard that cd.

So yeah, I decided to look up the label one day and I ordered some cd's that sounded interesting to me and I loved every single one of them. While, not all of their bands are in good taste, I haven't been dissappointed in any of them. So yeah, out of over 70 releases, I have 40+ of them. For real. I also have about $100 of apparel from their bands, and a lot of the stuff was actually given to me. The founder of the company knows me by name and he randomly likes to surprise me with free stuff because I'm one of his best customers.

So yeah, I have a rather badass geeky purchase.[/font][/size]

[size=1]My geekiest purchase ever is probably the set of Bleach figurines I bought at AMA this year. I bought it simply because it had [font=Verdana]Kyouraku Shunsui and Ukitake Juushiro. I wanted to get the other set too, simply because it had Yuroichi, but by then I was already fairly broke....

Of course, there's also the Special Edition FFXII that I'm eagerly waiting on the release of....
[/font][/size]

[QUOTE=MoyakuKeramushe][size=1][font=Verdana]
Of course, there's also the Special Edition FFXII that I'm eagerly waiting on the release of....
[/font][/size][/QUOTE]

Hey, that's not geeky! I envy you, as the chances of FFXII Special Edition being published here in Finland is inexistant. I just have to go with the regular version... Whenever I get it. XP

• 2 weeks later...
[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Oh Lord. I don't know if I can compete with the lot of you and really I am too busy to see if I can or not.

Anyways I buy dolls. No really. I buy dolls from a crappily dubbed TV show and then take them out of the box and display them in my room. I even redid the hair of one of them since I didn't like it prior. So now she has a hair style like Miaka Yuki or Ten Ten depending on who you know better.

I don't know if that's geeky enough or not. But I thought it was at least worth posting since i haven't been here in a while.[/color][/font]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Comic Sans MS][Size=3]Hard to say, actually. I've bought many things that I wouldn't dare tell anyone about. But... one of the worst would probably have to be a pair of shoes.

Now, I know it's hard to buy geeky shoes, but I did. Imagine something like raggedy old clown shoes. Yeah. Still can't believe I bought them. And to think I wore them in public the next day.

Don't get me wrong though; I'm not really like what this post may have described me as honest. :animeknow [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]I win this thread.

[URL=http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zwogandootfiguresmm5.jpg][IMG]http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/2085/zwogandootfiguresmm5.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Yes, that [i]is[/i] a copy of the CD-i Zelda: Wand of Gamelon and some Ocarina of Time action figures. With a shelf full of Nintendo Power magazines in the background.[/color]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]
Yes, that [i]is[/i] a copy of the CD-i Zelda: Wand of Gamelon and some Ocarina of Time action figures.[/color][/QUOTE]

Those poor figurines, still wrapped up like that! :( Free 'em, I say! Forget resale values, you're never going to sell them anyway!

My five FF figurines (Yuna, Cloud, Selphie, Squall and Tidus) are nicely standing on my desk, swinging their weapons and posing. ;D I know they're worthless now outside their packages, but I wouldn't've dreamed to keep them like that. Where's the fun in that? [I]*has been planning to make a photocomic of the figurines*[/I]

[quote name='Sandy']*has been planning to make a photocomic of the figurines*[/quote][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Please don't. Every time you post a photocomic, an angel loses its wings. Seriously. They just fall out of the sky. Sometimes ... sometimes they fall onto church spires ... imagine the irony.

Just remembered! I have a [url=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/12/12074.jpg][u]Cowboy Bebop branded Zippo lighter[/u][/url]. I don't smoke, I use it light my wicks when I go [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_dancing][u]fire twirling[/u][/URL], and also if I'm sitting at a bar and someone asks 'do you have a light' I can flick it out and light them up, eyes still on my double Scotch on the rocks...

Okay, that's never happened, but I'm sure it'd be a good way to make new friends...?[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]I win this thread.

[URL=http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zwogandootfiguresmm5.jpg][IMG]http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/2085/zwogandootfiguresmm5.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Yes, that [i]is[/i] a copy of the CD-i Zelda: Wand of Gamelon and some Ocarina of Time action figures. With a shelf full of Nintendo Power magazines in the background.[/color][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy] *starts singing Hail to the Geek*

Really, that's all I can think of as a reply to this post. And it's probably true. I'm just going to go now because I'm not worthy.[/color][/font]