OtakuBoards

Your Favourite Kind Of Alcohol [M for drug use, oooooh]

DeadSeraphim

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][color=indigo][size=1][font=Arial]I'm not sure of your chances of getting it outside of Australia (or at a reasonable price, if so). It's unspiced and very dark and rich, so I wish you luck regardless, cause it really is delicious.[/font][/size'][/color][/quote] [size=1][color=dimgray]Hmmm welll I deffinately doubt being able to find it in Utah, since we have like the most horrible liquor laws out of the entire US. All the Liquor Stores her are owned by the State Government, so they close at like 1 am, aren't open on sundays. Then in my county you can't by beer on sundays, but it doesn't really matter because the beer here has a pathetic alcohol content. So it's kinda funny we celebrate for out of state beer :beer: :animeswea . [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]And since I'm still underage it's not impossible for me to get liquor, but it makes it alot harder to look for something in particular if your not the one doing the looking, and I still gotta wait 3 more years til I'm 21 to buy legally. :animestun And in all honesty I'll probably visit Australia before that lol.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Personally I don't drink all that often, more of a social drinker than anything else, that said I do enjoy a variety of different alcoholic beverages, Coors and Budweiser in terms of beer, vodka either straight or mixed with pineapple juice to give it a bit of a kick as well as a sweet aftertaste. Whiskey (Irish whiskey is always spelled with the "e", Scots is without) neat usually, though I have mixed it occasionally with a soft-drink. I know someone will expect to see Guinness on the list, but honestly, I hate the stuff. Same with wine, I don't see how anyone can like it.

My favourite form of alcohol however if definitely a Piña Colada and from that rum of any kind, I only drink rum on holidays and got fairly wasted one night with my cousin in Tasmania, but it was very fun. I don't get drunk easily, or more accurately I should say I rarely get drunk because I drink in moderation, being polluted drunk is never fun despite what people may tell you.

Finally for any of you who think vodka is a strong form of alcohol, try [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poit%C3%ADn][b]Poitín[/b][/url] and it'll blow your socks off.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]I am a fan of vodka, especially Hot Damn, which is a vodka that tastes just like Big Red gum, but has the trademark "burn the **** out of your throat" vodka taste as well.

Straight Smirnoff is good, too. I don't like the Twisted stuff, just because none of those flavors they have really suit my taste buds. I'm not saying vodka tastes good, just that adding things, in my opinion, makes it taste worse (minus Hot Damn, of course).

I don't drink too much beer, but if an MGD or Coors is ripe for the taking, I am there. :cool:

I know a good hangover relief (well, it works for me). If you can get your hands on a good Irish whisky, say, like Cooley, Bushmills, or Jameson, a few shots of that will make you a-ok.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#656446]Due to the location of my residential unit, I can only access a limited array of alcoholic drinks but thank god for [b]San Miguel Pale Pilsen[/b]. No, not the piss that's brewed in Spain; the original Filipino recipe's still the best. It's lovely, cheap, and I can do Motoko Kusanagi impressions with it at the beach.

Another adored and affordable aqua vitae would be [b][i]tuba[/i][/b], a variation of coconut wine from my folks' province. Full in flavor, more sweet than bitter. Depending on the "brewer" (I've a got feeling that they just let it stand in the sun), a glass of this stuff could go down like water or fire in the gullet. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Charles]I swear to God, I hope no one says they drink Japanese sake.

As for me, an occassional beer, or a Jager Bomb suit me fine. Kamikaze shots are also pretty good.[/QUOTE]

I have a bottle of sake in my fridge. as for what I like to drink hmm well I love whiskey streight, as I can no longer drink and have cola with it or I will get very bad cramps, that is alright though I like it that way no hangover then. As for what type well i drink any canadian whiskeys they are always smooth. now for rum I like the amber or spiced captian morgans, or a bottle of navy rum they alll mix well with tropical fruit juice. oh and I think I have either tried or bought every thing else on here haha including Absinth, it did not do anything for me really, not even a buzz.

The only stuff I find myself ordering are whisky and straight vodka. I prefer the whisky. Maker's Mark is good.

I drink very, very rarely though. It's not really something I care to do by myself or out in a group. It's not really my thing... maybe once every several weeks, if even that.

• 2 months later...
Guest NIKI12345
Personaly I do not drink, smoke, or any of that stuff. :( I think it will harm your body in dangerous ways. :( I hope I'm not causing any problems by asking, but whats the obsession with drinking. :animeswea

[quote name='NIKI12345']Personaly I do not drink, smoke, or any of that stuff. :( I think it will harm your body in dangerous ways. :( I hope I'm not causing any problems by asking, but whats the obsession with drinking. :animeswea[/quote]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Hey, like my mom says: Everything in moderation. There have actually been studies done on the benefits of red wine on your heart so drinking in moderation isn't that bad.

I'm Irish, it's practically part of my heritage to drink. But I really don't take advantage of that whole stereotype. Infact I'm a lousy drinker- I've left more [b]unfinished[/b] bottles of beer and other alcohol than I've finished in my life and my parents have allowed me to have [u]supervised[/u] liquor consumption since I was eighteen at family functions.

But back to the topic at hand.. I adore Caramel Apple shots- which is some butterscotch schnapps with Sour apple pucker... which makes me wonder why they don't call it a butterscotch apple shot... hmm ¬_¬ I also like an occasional piña colada or some Godiva white chocolate liquore.

Beer wise I drink Carona light with lime or something else light.... I'm a sissy low carb drinker and will usually stick to beer. And while sticking to beer I will usually only have one or two which goes back to the fact that I'm a lousy drinker.

And now I have to go to bed![/color][/font]

[quote name='Generic NPC #3']The only stuff I find myself ordering are whisky and straight vodka. I prefer the whisky. Maker's Mark is good.[/quote]
[size=1]Wild Turkey is my favorite kind of whiskey, but that's more because it has a turkey on the label than anything else. By the time I start drinking Wild Turkey I'm usually too far gone to have a preference. Having said that, I don't drink very much and when I do it's (usually) not with the goal of getting completely wasted. Casual drinking is much better for a variety of reasons, the big one being that it's cheaper.

If I'm eating out at a restaurant with a group of friends I like to try out the 'specialty drinks.' You have to be careful to read the ingredients they have listed, though. Generally speaking, every single restaurant's 'specialities' are the exact same, only with different names and prices.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman']There have actually been studies done on the benefits of red wine on your heart so drinking in moderation isn't that bad.[/quote][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Red wine can reduce cholesterol and diminish the chance of getting cancer [b]if[/b] you drink it in moderation, [b]and[/b] you're over sixty years of age.[/FONT]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Hey, like my mom says: Everything in moderation. There have actually been studies done on the benefits of red wine on your heart so drinking in moderation isn't that bad.[/color'][/font][/quote]And similar studies have also shown this:

[INDENT][SIZE=1][B]What's in Red Wine that are good for heart?[/B]

Red wine is a particularly rich source of antioxidants flavonoid phenolics, so many studies to uncover a cause for red wine's effects have focused on its phenolic constituents, particularly resveratrol and the flavonoids. Resveratrol, found in grape skins and seeds, increases HDL cholesterol and prevent blood clotting. Flavonoids, on the other hand, exhibit antioxidant properties helping prevent blood clots and plaques formation in arteries.

[B]Should I start drinking more red wine now?[/B]

The answer is No. Studies showed that alcohol drinking may increase triglycerides (another Bad blood lipids) and result in weight gain due to its empty calories. Other studies also suggested that alcohol consumption is associated with cancer risk. Read Alcohol and Cancer. The American Heart Association cautions people NOT to start drinking if they do not already drink alcohol. If you already drink alcohol, do so in moderation. AHA recommends one to two drinks per day for men and one drink per day for women. (A drink is one 12 oz. beer, 4 oz. of wine, 1.5 oz. of 80-proof spirits, or 1 oz. of 100-proof spirits.)

[B]Key:[/B]

Grapes, many other fruits and vegetables and regular physical activities offer the same benefits for heart as seen in alcohol. Include a variety of fruits and vegetables in your diet to maximize the heart health benefits.[/SIZE][/INDENT]
So you can get the same effect from just drinking grape juice every day and leave all the bad effects of alcohol behind. ^_~

Other than to occasionally use it for cooking I don't use alcohol for anything. In addition to being put off by how horrid it smells, I've had no interest since my brother was killed by a drunk driver. [/COLOR]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=DarkGreen]People who drink Absinthe are the ones who think it's soooo cool because they don't realise that the 'banned' alcohol isn't. Almost every country in the world has allowed Absinthe to be made again, and while you can't sell or produce it in the US, you can consume it.

Although, granted, if you like the taste of licorice and you enjoy a burning throat and getting drunk quickly, I think you've found the liquor for you! :p

I had Absinthe once, and never again. I hadn't even been drinking that night before hand and I thought I was going to throw up, lol.

I have several liquors of choice.

[b]1) Bundy Rum.[/b] Like the esteemed Sir Snark-A-Lot, Alan, Bundaberg Rum is my all time brilliant drink. It's the get-drunk-quick drink, the social 'I'm drinking but actually I've really got almost nothing in here' Rum'N'Coke drink, and the 'God help me, my friends know to much about me to ever play "I Never" with them again', drink.

Cause I like my Bundy rum. [Also, I'm a Queenslander, which can often explain it.]

[b]2) Kahlua And Milk[/b] Because it's the light 'I don't taste like a drink' drink, and it's fun because it's a social drink. It's for the girls nights, I think. XD

[b]3) Amber Liquids[/b] Scotch, rums, whiskeys, bourbons, etc. Set me up with those and I'm pretty much fine [as long as they're mixed. Ambers straight = not a happy drinker]

[b]4) Shooters[/b] Because they all have funny names and they taste goodly. Yeah.

I won't drink Vodka, however [bad experiences, lol.], or anything with lemon in it. Those are my two no-gos.
[/color][/size][/font]

Well when it comes to straight liquor I am for rum all the way, but if we're dealing with cocktails, my favorite is a Fuzzy Navel (Peach Schnapps and Orange Juice) and that finish's just above a Screwdriver (vodka and OJ). My favorite domestic beer is definitely Samuel Adams "Boston Lager."

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I had a Kahluah (Sp?) mudslide last night... mmm that was good- and I needed it after the Saturday I had. Okay so I mostly had it to shut my friend's fiance up, but still yummy.

But like I've said before- not much of a drinker, but I do have some good momentary drinking moments.

Peach Schnapps is very good all by itsself. I haven't had it in a while, but it's got a nice fruity flavor and burns afterwards.

I have no idea what to add to this [/color][/font]

Well I?m not underage but I don?t really care for alcohol. I?ve had it a few times, but I?m assuming it?s an acquired taste, as I never could seem to get use to it. I grew up in a household that never had any form of alcohol so even though I could have it once I moved out on my own, I just never did.

My roommates like to drink, I couldn?t tell you what they do drink since I don?t really pay attention to the names on the cans or bottles. Though I assume the cans are some type of beer.

[QUOTE=Rachmaninoff]
Well I?m not underage but I don?t really care for alcohol. I?ve had it a few times, but I?m assuming it?s an acquired taste, as I never could seem to get use to it. I grew up in a household that never had any form of alcohol so even though I could have it once I moved out on my own, I just never did.[/QUOTE] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]I'm with you Rachmaninoff, I'm not underage but I don't like to drink. I did drink while I was deployed to Ft. Lee, Virginia -- quite a lot actually. I gave up drinking though because of my wife.[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]I loved her enough to stop. So now, i'm an ex-druggie.[/size][/font]