OtakuBoards

Your Favourite Kind Of Alcohol [M for drug use, oooooh]

DeadSeraphim

I forget the name of the place we were at, but it was a semi-upscale Korean joint in Chicago. Andersonville area, if you're from around here. I was there for my girlfriend's work party and it was actually a lot of fun.

They had these things called Sojutinis. Soju is a Korean drink, similar to vodka. It's sweeter and smoother, though. Apparently it's dirt cheap there. I've not bothered to look up pricing in the US, but apparently one of the better kids has a blue frog on the label. I forget the name.

Anyway, they had all sorts of flavors and almost all of them were great. I don't usually get drunk, but I had about four or five of these things over the course of maybe 2 or 3 hours. They have like 30 to 45% alcohol by volume, so it's not very weak.

I tried orange, watermelon, ginger and cucumber. The ginger was definitely the best.

So my point is, try Soju if you get a chance and like vodka type drinks.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1]Generally cider's what I drink. More specifically, Strongbow. The nice golden can with the little archer on. It's not exactly the most tasty thing I've ever put to my lips but it does what I want it to and it tastes much better than any beer I've had the displeasure of trying.

Seriously, to quote a friend: "Beer tastes like death!" It's like raw filth in drink form. Same goes for spirits and wine and all that other stuff.

I was drinking at age 13 (Although I'm perfectly legal now thank you) and I did have a long streak there with crazy drinking with the boys. Then I calmed down and presently I'm far worse than before.

I tend to drink by myself for reasons unknown and I'm always looking to go for a few drinks too. But yeah, Cider is the way to go.[/SIZE]