OtakuBoards

Lovesick teen kills mother of three

vegeta rocker

I was reading this article the other day and couldn't believe what i was reading. This girl was unbelieveably reckless.

I just couldn't fathom why she would be so insane, i mean if you want to end your life then that is your decision, but why rish hurting someone else?

[URL=http://www.andnetwork.com/index?service=direct/0/Home/recent.titleStory&sp=l54012]Article[/URL]

Edit: I know this goes in the Lounge but for some reason it won't let me delete it. Sorry about that.

Guest INNERCHILD
Love is a crazy thing.....It will make you do some really dumb stuff...
My father treated a man who shot himself in the heart...because of love...
He died
CRAZY WORLD
IC

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][quote name='vegeta rocker']Edit: I know this goes in the Lounge but for some reason it won't let me delete it. Sorry about that.[/quote]I'll just move it to the lounge for you then. ;)

As for the actual topic, it's just sad. I don't understand the desire to die as I have never felt it, but I've worked with those who do and usually most of them don't have a plan that includes possibly killing others when they do attempt to kill themselves.

It's sad and horrible and since she survived, she's going to have to live with the fact that her stupidity took another person's life. [/COLOR]

Those that kill themselves are cowards. It takes courage to keep on living. Ive wanted to die many times in my life but your're not only hurting yourself but yout loved ones as well .Its an incredibly selfish thing to do. This idiot now killed someone in the process. Not only does it affect her selfish soul but the victims family as well. I have no sympathy for the girl but the person she killed.

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

I have to admit, as much as I want to pity this young girl, I just can't for the horrors she's brought upon another family to fulfil her own selfish desires. I know that sounds harsh, but to be perfectly honest, her method of suicide had as much chance if not more of killing the person she crashed into than of just killing her, and that appals me simply for it's lack of consideration. If you're going to kill yourself, at least have the decency not to take anyone with you.

She'll have to live with this for the rest of her life, she killed someone else over the fact she couldn't have sex, of a lot of things to have to live with yourself for, I'd not like to have to live with that on my conscience.[/SIZE]

Geez.

If what the article reports is really true, then that is one pathetic suicide attempt over something stupid! Like Gavin said, at least have the decency to kill yourself and not drag others down with you. Now she's going to have to live the rest of her life with the fact that she destroyed people's lives, and her poor choice is publicized.

[color=#56995e][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well this can really show what society is really like these days.

Which is really pathetic when someone is so saddened being denied sex that they would go and kill themself. I mean really if she really wanted sex that badly just to go off and kill herself, then she could have atleast found someone else to do it with.

I wonder just how can people be so stupid these days, its amazing.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Not that I think it?s okay that she tried to kill herself and ended up killing someone else instead, but am I the only one who noticed this part of the article?
[SIZE=1][INDENT]?Brunstad, who was treated for an ankle injury, had told friends she planned to kill herself after another female student at [b][U]Holy Innocents Episcopal School[/U][/b] refused to have sex with her.?[/INDENT][/SIZE]Not only was she refused by another girl, she was attending a private Episcopal School where being a lesbian is considered a sin. It just gets me wondering how much this kid had to deal with on a regular basis, as I?m sure if anyone knew she was a lesbian, well I'm sure she was given a lot of grief over being that way.

I just think there is a lot more to the article than a girl wanting to die because she didn?t get sex. I would imagine it was probably one of many things that happened. And that last one was what drove her over the edge. It makes me sad since if I was the parent and I knew my kid was gay, I wouldn?t send them to a private religious school. That's just asking for trouble in my opinion. :animesigh [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Not that I think it?s okay that she tried to kill herself and ended up killing someone else instead, but am I the only one who noticed this part of the article?
[SIZE=1][INDENT]?Brunstad, who was treated for an ankle injury, had told friends she planned to kill herself after another female student at [b][U]Holy Innocents Episcopal School[/U][/b] refused to have sex with her.?[/INDENT][/SIZE]Not only was she refused by another girl, she was attending a private Episcopal School where being a lesbian is considered a sin. It just gets me wondering how much this kid had to deal with on a regular basis, as I?m sure if anyone knew she was a lesbian, well I'm sure she was given a lot of grief over being that way.

I just think there is a lot more to the article than a girl wanting to die because she didn?t get sex. I would imagine it was probably one of many things that happened. And that last one was what drove her over the edge. It makes me sad since if I was the parent and I knew my kid was gay, I wouldn?t send them to a private religious school. That's just asking for trouble in my opinion. :animesigh [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Sienna]
So... basically, the two things I detest most, love and religion, were the driving factors behind this tragedy? Nifty.

It's a shame that someone would be driven to suicide, but, as has been mentioned, it certainly wasn't very smart to kill herself in a way that would put another person at risk. The part of the artical that was most curious to me wasd the part about the girl sending text messages to her classmate. It seems more like the girl was trying to get back at the girl then kill herself. What I mean is that she intentionally tried to kill herself and someone else at the same time so the girl would think it was all her fault.

Just a theory, though.[/COLOR]

I remember hearing this on CNN. It's absolutely awful. I try to find some reason for this but the only thing I can come up with is that this girl was being self-centered. I've always felt suicide was a very selfish act and this only goes to reinforce this opinion. She was upset because {list reasons} but in the end she didn't care about anyone else in this world but herself. She didn't care what this would do to the person she ran into or their family, she didn't care about her family and friends and the impact her decision would make on them...she just didn't care.

My opinion is that sympathy should go out to the victim's family, not the selfish girl in the luxury sedan.

And to think that girl though her life was bad before... :animeangr

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Wow...there is more to life than just sex. Was she really so blinded as to lose sight of tomorrow? Man, I understand that hormones can really take hold of a person, but this is ridiculous. Did her parents not know that she was having such problems? Was she too ashamed to talk to her parents? What was the deal?

Now, thanks to this foolish act, she is forever shackled, bound by the wake of her actions, only to rise every day to a relentless suffering brought upon by her own doing. That is no way to live life.[/COLOR]

However, I feel that my other half deserves a turn.

[COLOR=Navy]What she should have done was try taking pills or hanging herself - hell, even jumping (or, in this case, driving) off a bridge would have done more good than steering into oncoming traffic. What incoherent, mindless drivel was going through her hollow skull?

Stupid, to say the least. Then again, every person has the capacity to do something of the like within themselves, and so I see not why this is news. However, the other family really didn't deserve that.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Personally I'm glad that girl didn't die. This way she gets to relive this moment for the rest of her pathetic life where she killed the mother of three children and seriously injured a six year old child just because she couldn't get laid.

My God how bad is your life when you have to go and kill yourself for not being able to have sex? Or more to the point, how shallow are you when you feel that ramming your vehicle into someone elses in order to try and kill yourself because someone won't sleep with you? Doesn't killing yourself because you can't have sex seem stupid to anyone else besides myself? I mean come on, if you kill yourself you won't be able to have sex anyways.

That girl should have either bought herself a damn vibrator or done something to relive her urges rather than go out in public and try to kill herself. Sorry, but I'm feeling no sympathy for her.

I feel bad for the other woman's family and her children though. [/color][/font]

I agree with ChibiHorseWoman when she says that I'm glad she didn't die. She gets to deal with the consequences of her selfish actions that killed an innocent woman. (I think that's ironic too, that she killed the other woman rather than herself) It's almost rather Shakespearean, isn't it? I'm not saying that her actions even come CLOSE to the greatness that Shakespeare was, but when you look at some of his tragedies, [I]Romeo and Juliet[/I], [I]Hamlet[/I], and so on, the killed themselves because of love (Well, [I]Hamlet[/I] not so much, but he died because of love...sort of). Not that it's an excuse to do what she did, but suicide really hits home, because I've known several people personally that have done that. (2 of them were in my family, but this was before i was born)

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Wow, I really think people are overly judgmental here. >_< Do you really think the news is going to paint her in a good light? As much as suicide may be wrong, how many of us even understand the pain behind such a desire to die? I think I?m going to bow out of this one as I think everyone is too busy slamming her instead of bothering to wonder what else is going on.

Quite honestly I get tired of hearing how suicide is selfish when it?s often coming from someone who has never suffered. (I don't mean you Panda cause I know what RH does. >_<) For crying out loud people, she was a kid herself. She was 16, have we already forgotten that in a previous thread we were discussing how cruel and inhumane it is to treat a kid or teenager as if they have the mentality or maturity of an adult when it comes to crimes? Why is suicide any different? Unless now we are saying it?s a crime too. It?s a sickness. People like that need help and pity, not our contempt.

And before you come back saying she was trying to kill others, she was out of her mind, she wasn?t thinking [I]oh that car has a mother and kids I think I?ll aim for that one![/I] I?m sorry, but some of your responses disgust me just as much as the kid who killed the mother. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Wow, I really think people are overly judgmental here. >_< Do you really think the news is going to paint her in a good light? As much as suicide may be wrong, how many of us even understand the pain behind such a desire to die? I think I?m going to bow out of this one as I think everyone is too busy slamming her instead of bothering to wonder what else is going on.

Quite honestly I get tired of hearing how suicide is selfish when it?s often coming from someone who has never suffered. (I don't mean you Panda cause I know what RH does. >_<) For crying out loud people, she was a kid herself. She was 16, have we already forgotten that in a previous thread we were discussing how cruel and inhumane it is to treat a kid or teenager as if they have the mentality or maturity of an adult when it comes to crimes? Why is suicide any different? Unless now we are saying it?s a crime too. It?s a sickness. People like that need help and pity, not our contempt.

And before you come back saying she was trying to kill others, she was out of her mind, she wasn?t thinking [I]oh that car has a mother and kids I think I?ll aim for that one![/I] I?m sorry, but some of your responses disgust me just as much as the kid who killed the mother. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I realized that what I first posted was a bit over the top, so allow me to repost it.

I'm going through a very hard time as well. I have been for over a year. Yes I've considered suicide, but no I've never gone through with it. Yes I have an idea of what it's like to be in so much pain that you just want to get it over with, but I would never do such a thing because I know that my daughter would pay the consequences instead of me.

I think what that girl did is cowardly, immature and shallow. And it's a damn shame that someone else had to pay for her selfish actions and her failure to realize that a vehicle is a deadly weapon when used incorrectly. I think that it's good that instead of getting what she wanted in the end that instead she's going to have to relive this moment for the rest of her life. That's more fitting than being allowed to die for something so stupid as another girl not wanting to sleep with you. [/color][/font]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I realized that what I first posted was a bit over the top, so allow me to repost it.[/color'][/font][/quote]Yeah so was my post, only on the other side of the issue. Sorry. >_<[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]
I'm going through a very hard time as well. I have been for over a year. Yes I've considered suicide, but no I've never gone through with it. Yes I have an idea of what it's like to be in so much pain that you just want to get it over with, but I would never do such a thing because I know that my daughter would pay the consequences instead of me.
[/color][/font][/QUOTE]What you are talking about is exactly what I was trying to say. You?re an adult and you have the maturity to reason and realize that such an act would be harmful. Teenagers and kids lack that maturity, so it?s not so easy in my view to just assume they even thought of the stuff you did. [quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I think what that girl did is cowardly, immature and shallow. And it's a damn shame that someone else had to pay for her selfish actions and her failure to realize that a vehicle is a deadly weapon when used incorrectly. I think that it's good that instead of getting what she wanted in the end that instead she's going to have to relive this moment for the rest of her life. That's more fitting than being allowed to die for something so stupid as another girl not wanting to sleep with you. [/color'][/font][/quote]Cowardly? Shallow? I don?t think so, [b]immature[/b] is what really fits here. Don?t you see? We are assuming that we know the whole story, that the only reason she did this was because someone wouldn?t sleep with her. Maybe I?m wrong, but in every case of suicide I?ve ever read about, there has always been other underlining problems, like an abusive parent, or the kid was tormented by other kids.

I know examples aren?t the best since in a case like this they are all different. But I?m going to use one anyway. One of my Mom?s best friends had problems with wanting to commit suicide. Other than her parents getting divorced she had a pretty good life so the few times she discussed it, all she did was get slammed with how she was selfish and a coward and on and on. Not one person, tried to see why she felt this way. She tried getting help but the thoughts wouldn?t go away. Finally she tried going to a different doctor and it turned out that she had a chemical imbalance and once they put her on medication the thoughts about dying went away.

I get so frustrated because our society spends so much time telling people they are selfish for wanting to die instead of teaching people that if you really feel that bad, that it?s okay to get help. People are so quick to assume the worst when they really don?t know anything other than the few facts the press prints. They instantly point fingers and claim they are bad.

Anyway, sorry for being rude to everyone. >_< I shouldn?t let it, but this topic always annoys me since I think people are too quick to judge instead of trying to understand why it?s such a problem in the first place. I often wonder just how many people would try to get help if they knew they wouldn?t be ridiculed for feeling like they want to die.
[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Aaryanna][color=darkorchid] You?re an adult and you have the maturity to reason and realize that such an act would be harmful. Teenagers and kids lack that maturity, so it?s not so easy in my view to just assume they even thought of the stuff you did.
[color=#000000][/QUOTE] [/color][size=1][color=dimgray]Hmm not necessarily, because I am only 18 and I've been dealing with suicidal situations within myself since I was 12, but then again I don't consider myself like most teenagers. I got diagnosed with Depression at 12 due to chemical imbalance, and I tend to get suicidal when depressed but I came to the realization that suicide would hurt so many around me at age 14 or so. Another thing is I love helping people, so through selflessness I've found a form of balance, and a few other things to help. It bugs me though when people attempt suicide for a stupid reason, especially since I've struggled with it for so long, and alot of those people just do it for attention.[/color][/size]
[/color][color=darkorchid][/color]
[color=darkorchid][color=#000000][QUOTE=Aaryanna][/color]Cowardly? Shallow? I don?t think so, [b]immature[/b] is what really fits here. Don?t you see? We are assuming that we know the whole story, that the only reason she did this was because someone wouldn?t sleep with her. Maybe I?m wrong, but in every case of suicide I?ve ever read about, there has always been other underlining problems, like an abusive parent, or the kid was tormented by other kids.
[/color][/QUOTE][size=1][color=dimgray]I think you are right as far as the immaturity, but I also agree with ChibiHorsewoman on cowardly and shallow too. Living at times isn't easy, and it is running away to take your own life really, albiet there are certain circumstances such as a mental illness where more stuff comes into play. The manner in which she tried to kill herself just screams look at me though, because it's not a guarenteed way to die, and I don't think she really wanted to die in the first place, since she only hurt her ankle, it seems like she was wearing a seatbelt. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]It's not human nature to kill yourself, so majority of suicides don't actually want to die especially if there is no underlining issues or mental disorders, either they just thing it's an easy way out of a problem that probably has other solutions, or are trying to get attention, though there are alot of other reasons. There was a study and most bridge jumpers that survived regretted jumping on the way down, and the same thought probably crosses peoples mind who arent so lucky. Though you live and learn from you temporary weakness[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]Like many others have already stated because of her selfishness another family has to pay, and stuff is gonna be hard for that family, being a single parent is never easy, for parents or for kids, and I know this is true because I have a single mom. This whole article just makes me mad, and wonder where is my generation header for the future.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=dimgray]Anyways but what I get from the article is, she was driving a Mercedes-Benz and attending a private school. To me that says that she is used to getting her way, and also that she probably hasn't gone through many hardships that would bring maturity. But at the same time this also incites the possibilty that maybe her parents don't really pay that much attention to her, that she has to fend for herself at home, and that her parent's really have helped her grow as a person by never making her earn anything, just using gifts and money in place of attention or love. It's hard to say, but I'd definately like to know more about the backround of the girl, and alot more about her parents.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Veritas][/color][size=1][color=dimgray]Hmm not necessarily, because I am only 18 and I've been dealing with suicidal situations within myself since I was 12, but then again I don't consider myself like most teenagers.[/color'][/size][/quote]

[SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Impact]Man I'm kinda like you :animeswea . In high school I would get suicidal tensions a lot, Most of the time I don?t even know why. I even asked myself why I feel this way. Even now I get that feeling sometimes and I always question myself why I get this feeling. People who kill themselves are just mentally weak and don?t have the will to keep living. If someone like me can get through life I don?t see why anyone else can?t. suicidal people are just pathetic, some people do it just for attention and that?s just stupid. Of course they give this excuse ?Oh but you don?t understand what I'm going through.? yeah well your not the only one :animeangr .
That chick should have just waited till college. Now I'm pretty sure she's gonna meet plenty of other lesbians in prison if she goes so she will get her F-ing wish. Now those poor kids gotta grow up with no mother? that?s just frigging sad.(holding back a lot of anger :animeangr ) Sorry but family is real important to me and to know kids that don?t have parents?. That?s just sad. Don?t get me wrong I know the grow up just fine?.but they miss out on some of the little things that make growing up cool.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR=DarkOrchid] Quite honestly I get tired of hearing how suicide is selfish when it?s often coming from someone who has never suffered. (I don't mean you Panda cause I know what RH does. >_<) For crying out loud people, she was a kid herself. She was 16, have we already forgotten that in a previous thread we were discussing how cruel and inhumane it is to treat a kid or teenager as if they have the mentality or maturity of an adult when it comes to crimes? Why is suicide any different? Unless now we are saying it?s a crime too. It?s a sickness. People like that need help and pity, not our contempt.

And before you come back saying she was trying to kill others, she was out of her mind, she wasn?t thinking [I]oh that car has a mother and kids I think I?ll aim for that one![/I] I?m sorry, but some of your responses disgust me just as much as the kid who killed the mother. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]You?re right, she was just a kid and on some level it is wrong to expect her to have the same maturity as an adult. And we really don?t know everything that was going on before the event happened. So as sad and tragic as it was, her own story could be equally as sad and tragic.[quote name='Aaryanna][COLOR=DarkOrchid] Maybe I?m wrong, but in every case of suicide I?ve ever read about, there has always been other underlining problems, like an abusive parent, or the kid was tormented by other kids.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Well every case I?ve dealt with where the person had suicidal thoughts or tendencies there was definitely something else going on. And in each and every one of them it was usually several years? worth of either physical or mental abuse.[QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR=DarkOrchid']I get so frustrated because our society spends so much time telling people they are selfish for wanting to die instead of teaching people that if you really feel that bad, that it?s okay to get help. People are so quick to assume the worst when they really don?t know anything other than the few facts the press prints. They instantly point fingers and claim they are bad. [/COLOR][/quote]In that respect I agree with you 100% I?ve seen a lot of cases where I volunteer at where earlier intervention could have really made a difference and yet the people felt like they were scum for feeling that way so they didn?t seek help until it was almost too late.

So I guess I?ll reserve my judgment since I don?t have the full story on this one. I feel kind of stupid since I work with victims of abuse and people who want to commit suicide as a result of that abuse on a regular basis. So I know better than to take a few facts presented by the press and then form an opinion based on that. That kind of sloppy thinking and attitude would definitely be a problem at my job, so it shouldn?t be any different over cases I know next to nothing about. [/COLOR]

The thing I dislike about stories like this is that you never get enough facts to really know what has happened. And I know from seeing my friends have bad things happen in their lives, that the media is always puts it in the worst possible light. Deliberately wording things to make headlines and sell newspapers.

Part of me wants to slap the girl silly for what she did and another part of me wonders what happened in her life that led up to it. For all I know I need to slap her parents or someone else silly. That?s why I hate reading about things like this. The media is making her look like she did this over being denied sex, but I would honestly be surprised if that was all there was to it.

There has never been a time when either my own kids have had troubles or someone else?s kids where it was over one thing. Taking the time to find out why always led to other problems and issues that the kid had been worrying over. I just wish someone had realized it in time to stop her from doing what she did.

I?ll leave it at that, as all the speculating in the world isn?t going to tell me what happened. And that?s the other reason I hate stories like that, the media often never bothers to follow up on it again since the part about a kid having been driven to such a thing isn?t anywhere as eye catching as the first article so they often don?t bother to tell you that the person had been abused, or had other bad things going on. Sensationalism sells unfortunately.

[QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Wow, I really think people are overly judgmental here. >_< Do you really think the news is going to paint her in a good light? As much as suicide may be wrong, how many of us even understand the pain behind such a desire to die? I think I?m going to bow out of this one as I think everyone is too busy slamming her instead of bothering to wonder what else is going on.

And before you come back saying she was trying to kill others, she was out of her mind, she wasn?t thinking [I]oh that car has a mother and kids I think I?ll aim for that one![/I] I?m sorry, but some of your responses disgust me just as much as the kid who killed the mother. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I understand the desire to die plenty, and from that experience I feel I have the right to call what she did not only cowardly but utterly selfish. It's not as if driving head-on into someone else's car is the only way to kill yourself, get a gun, get a blade, get a rope, do something that will only kill you rather than being a stupid lusty little jackass and kill a mother of three who was just minding her own business. It takes guts to live, it takes guts to get up after you've been knocked down and keep going when you feel you've got nothing to live for. And to kill yourself just because you can't have sex with someone is simply a ****ing retarded reason to try to kill yourself.

I know that seems harsh, but at sixteen you're old enough to know that kind of thing could kill someone else, so why, for the love of God why do it ? And don't tell me she was in full control of her wits, because she was able to send messages to the girl who spurned her advances as she was in the act. She disgusts me and that's all there is to be said.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR=DarkOrchid]

I think that most of us who might be viewed as being harsh and insensitive towards this girl... just don't want her to be excused for what she's done. [B]Excuses[/B]. "Out of her mind" or "immature." She still killed somebody because she was [B]careless[/B].

Did you guys read the article? She ran her car HEAD-ON into SOMEONE ELSE'S CAR that was occupied. I'm pretty sure that you would know people are in the other car when it's also moving. She could've at least drove off a bridge or something. But no, she drove right into an innocent family.

The only people I feel sorry for is that family that got hurt because of someone's careless decisions.