OtakuBoards

Coolest Song in the World This Week

Albert Flasher

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Trebuchet MS] This week it's:
Home Made Kazoku- "Shounen Heart" - Jrap. What's better than that? Jrap to Eureka Seven! Heck yes!

Gary Jules - "Mad World" 'is forever on my iPod repeat list. I love that song.

Anberlin - "Paperthin Hymn" This song's been stuck in my head lately.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=4][COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I think I'd have to say that "Burn in My Light" by Mercy Drive is my favorite song this week. It reminds me those peole who get things they dont deserve and are beaten down for it. I know peeps like that. You may recognize it from wrestling if you watch it. It's Randy Orton's theme song. Right now I'm working on learning how to play it for our upcoming concert at the church lock-in. Also when I hear this song I just wanna raise my arms and look up just like Randy Orton.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]This week it's [B][U]The Prayer[/B][/U] by Bloc Party, I love the dark punk and synth drenched sound of their first single off of their new record [B][U] A Weekend In The City [/B][/U] both the single and the album arent due out til 29Jan06 and 5Feb07 respectively. So expect [B][U]A Weekend In The City[/B][/U] banner and avi set, by 30Jan06.

- Fury[/SIZE]

Guest Heero yuy
Memphis will be laid to waste-Norma Jean
I used to loath this band, everything sounded the same. But when I saw them in concert and read their lyrics. I was amazed and realize what this song was about. Great stuff. Husband murders wife, he gets away... and now he is haunted yet content. Awesome.

Le Disco-Shiny toy guns
Sounds awesome, it's that uniqueness I look for at times.

Stare at the sun (acoustic)-Thrice
Great lyrics and it seems very easily related.

Ice cream-The new young pony club
Sexually provocated...I guess. I haven't read the lyrics but it seems like so. Like the styles.

9 to 5-Lady Sovereign and The ordinary boys (colab/remix)
I like the bass riffs and the colab of both different style of music. It fits well and sounds great.

[SIZE=1]this week it is [B][U]Hunting For Witches[/B][/U] by Bloc Party, why?
because they manage to capture the essence of what kind of society we live in now with the feeling of paranoia. terror and how people need to stand up against things, but fear will keep us all in line. plus the guitar solo in the middle was amazing. It should be on the Resident Evil III Soundtrack, I also picked this song because I'm in the processs in downloading the entire record a full two months before the record is release. [yay piracy!] ^_^

- Fury[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Hmmmm.....well, since I have been into Stonesour a lot lately, I think i'm gonna have to nominate one of their song's. Which would be "30-30-150", it's probably my favorite song by them or at least one of my favorite's. So, yeah, I say "30-30-150".[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]"Cosmonaut" and "Catacombs" by[B] At the Drive-In[/B]: This is a die-hard [B]Mars Volta[/B] fan talking, but these songs has so much raw energy and hardcore punk aethstetic to them, I want to puke or pound in peoples' faces when I hear it.

"Time" by [B]Pink Floyd[/B]: The solo is the reason David Gilmour will be my favorite guitarist forever. He just nails the perfect tone.

"St. Ides Heaven" by [B]Elliott Smith[/B]: So I guess I'm a little late to the Elliott Smith party, but the lines "Because everyone is a ****ing pro/ And they all got answers for troubles they know/ And they all gotta tell you what you shoud and shouldn't do/ But they don't have a clue" make this song a classic in my book.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]This week it's Thrice's cover of [B]Carol Of The Bells[/B] albeit short, it's got enough energy to get me into the chirstmas spirit very early, shopping, and all those other chirstams related things can wait, first I have to learn how to play this correctly. Head over to my page [not the journal] and take a listen.

the nonchristmas song has to be: [B]Waiting For The 7.18[/B] by Bloc Party, it just sums up how slow this week has been and how I'm still in the queue to get on the 7.18 and get some sleep, and stress off of my mind.. -__-'[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=slategray]It's a tie for me right now. Either "The Illusionist" by [B]Scar Symmetry[/B] or "King of the World" by [B]Porcelain and the Tramps[/B].

Hmm. Metal against Industrial. Fun.

Damn, PATT seriously needs to get a record deal. It's driving me nuts that I can't get a CD from them. (Haha... Patt. >>)[/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Recently I have been loving the song [B]Warhead[/B] by [B]Otep[/B]. It's cool subject matter and has some great bass. The whole format of the song is really cool. Almost every line is a great line and get stuck in the noggin easily. It's funny, because I don't really like any other Otep songs, but I love this one. The best part is the climbing action when she's screaming "In the WARHEAD! An alliance of defiance!"

All week I've been listening the the [B]City of Evil [/B] CD by [B]Avenged Sevenfold [/B] over and over again and I've fallen in love with it.[B] Sidewinder[/B] is awesome expecially for the amazing mexican-style solo at the end. Also great from this CD is [B]Trashed And Scattered[/B]. As much as I am annoyed by M. Shadows' voice, I love the overlapping vocals in this song.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1] I picked three songs for my final week in london [two electronic, and one acoustic]:

[B][U]You'll Be Under My Wheels[/B][/U] by The Prodigy, I picked this one because, I'm leaving london sooner than expected and a majority of my time spent here, will be retained within memory.

[B][U]Feel The Rush [Junkie XL Remix][/B][/U] by Melody and Junkie XL, wow this is like the second best trance song I have heard, it'll basically describe the feeling I'll get when I start driving, or do anything that keeps the adrenaline levels high. ^_^

[B][U]Plans [Replanned By Mogwai][/B][/U] by Bloc Party and Mogwai, it pretty much sums up my feeling as up to now, with all this stress that comes with moving and what I am to do when I finally touch down in Vegas.

- Fury[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Hmmm....I would probably have to say that "Make Damn Sure" by Taking Back Sunday is the coolest song i've heard this week. I mean, I don't know what it is about this song, but I just keep listening to it over and over. I guess it's just an awesome song.^^[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]this very short week, I'm picking on:

[B][U]The Artist In The Ambulance[/B][/U] By Thrice, because while walking to my flat today, it brought me to this incommunicable low[which never happens while listening to this song], I nearly broke down after saying goodbye to so many people.

[B][U]The Prayer[/B][/U] By Bloc Party, I love the mellow club feeling I get when I listen to this track,somehow it always bring me back up to the ADD fueled-anitsocial-dynamo that is me.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]This week it's been [B]Not Unlike The Waves[/B] by [B]Agalloch[/B]. It's 9 minutes long with very few lyrics, but the lyrics themselves are great, the atmosphere is grand, and the guitar work on the acoustic is amazing.

[I]Aurora swims in the ether, Emerald fire scars the night sky
Amber streams from Sol are not unlike the waves of the sea
Nor the endless horizong of ice
Heidrun bleeds the golden nectar, rising(?) with the sun and the moon
The midnight wolves that watch over the dawn
SOLSTAFIR!!![/I]

I'm also loving [B]Atomic Garden [/B] by [B]Bad Religion[/B]. It's crazy and catchy and the video will give you a seizure. I'm rather disappointed by their new song, though.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Hmmm.....probably the coolest song i've heard this week would have to be "Awake" by Godsmack. I just think it's a pretty good song all the way around. But if I had to choose a favorite thing about it, I would probably choose the vocalistic work in the song. So, I think i'm gonna go with that.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Guest Phaedrus
Been listening to "Here We Are" by Breaking Benjamin all day. "Ecstasy" by ATB is also lovely, as is Andain's "Beautiful Things," and "Searching for UFOs" by Astral Projection is excellent psytrance.

[QUOTE=The13thMan][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]I still love Mad World by Gary Jules from the Donnie Darko soundtrack. It's been my favorite song for a while...i don't know how much longer it'll last. It's a great song.
[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Heck yes! I love that song. Pretty much, I love any song from the Donnie Darko Soundtrack. Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can get the Donnie Darko Soundtrack.

[QUOTE=Bláse][size=1][color=slategray]The ORIGINAL [B]Power Rangers [/B] theme song for me. I even put it on my MySpace page. Ha. Recently I've gotten obsessed with Power Rangers, because I'm a geek like that. So, I go around making everything a Power Rangers reference. Obviously I looked for the original theme... and I've been listening to it ever since yesterday.
It has to be the best song in history, are you kidding me? Those guitar solos are orgasmic.

It's so damn catchy, too.

(I'm looking for a Power Rangers shirt, anyone have any good links by chance?)[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, I've just reconnected to the classic power rangers as well. Here's something you might get a kick out of:

[URL=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m30/Kungfushoe/powerrangers.gif]POWER RANGERS[/URL]

Now to the actual reply to the topic: Favorite song of the week... Hmmm, well I guess it would have to be [I]Falling Asleep in the Snow [/I] by Auto Escape... And a close second would be [I]Silence[/I] by Auto Escape. You probably don't know who Auto Escape is so I'll tell you real quick. They're and Indie rock band out of Fort Worth, Texas. I just found their music about a week ago on myspace and I can't stop listening to it. Their music is so melodic and the lyrics are so powerful... Donnie DeBoer (the lead singer) has a great voice! I can't really say anything about them that hasn't already been said. But let's just say I'm surprised they haven't hit it big yet... Despite there only being four songs on their myspace site, I can't help but listening to it over and over again. You guys should really check it out. Especially those two songs I mentioned above. Here's a link to their myspace site:

[URL=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6384774]Auto Escape[/URL]

Go there, and you'll see.

[FONT=Arial]I'm suddenly in love with "Samson" by Regina Spektor. I adore some of the lyrics;

You are my sweetest downfall
I loved you first, I loved you first

Oh we couldn't bring the columns down
Yeah, we couldn't destroy a single one
and the history books forgot about us
and the bible didn't mention us
not even once.

I wish I had written those lines before she did. It's a very pretty, very sad song.[/FONT]

My favorite song this week gotta be Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard..... I've been listening to it non-stopped ! =D It's a great song even though it's a few years old... great percussion part, and great violinist. They are very unique ! No other bands has a violinist in it! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkOrange]While I am still listening to those aforementioned [B]Agalloch[/B] songs over and over, I have found another song to add to my brain.

It's title is [B]Hero In A Dream [/B] and it's band is [B]Ensiferum[/B]. This is an awesome, adventurous, and totally uplifting piece of nordic wonder. It's fast, it's fun, and it's got some nice instrumentation. Plus I found this video of it with Guild Wars which is totally cool. Any metal fans, or just fans of fun music, check this one out.[/COLOR]

[color=darkred][size=1]

Simply put, this is possibly one of the best songs ever, and forces people to recognize and respect the talent of rap artists. Alphabetical Slaughter by Papoose.

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g5Q7MVbC-s]Click Here To Watch The Video[/URL]

The song is amazing and worth atleast a look, even if you're not a fan of hip hop.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=The Boss][color=darkred][size=1]Simply put, this is possibly one of the best songs ever, and forces people to recognize and respect the talent of rap artists. Alphabetical Slaughter by Papoose.
[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

Hey, to respond to your (rap) song I'll hit you with one that is seriously my song of the week. It seems weird, because I've been listening to alot of rap lately. Every day or so I wake up open up iTunes and listen to rap. So, heres "my song" of the week:

Changes - Tupac

If you want to listen to it go ahead (I have no link like you) and find a random music video on youtube. *laughs*

(Edit)

I listened to [i]I'm not going back (Nas).[/i] I just wanted to say that, see what you think, boss. *laughs*