OtakuBoards

Mafia [The Town]

Ellerby

[size=1][color=royalblue]Notice how I never said I was looking for sympathy. You, being a person who's accusing me, obviously weren't going to give me any.

I'm a person that reacts harshly when accused, and that's the way I've always been. Whether it be my parents or a teacher, I always get angry when I'm randomly pointed at for doing an act. Remember how in the beginning of Mafia, Tekkaman pretty much freaked out at the accusation of him being a Mafia member? Everyone was suspicious with him, but the evidence and we were weak, so no action was taken.

I guess what I get angry with the most with this game is the fact that people have built these networks of allies, so if you're not in on it (half of you guys aren't on AIM that much), you're screwed. That's how I felt when Tekkaman revealed he and John were allies. [b]I am just saying[/b], but in the original Mafia, it was you all by yourself. It made things more exciting and interesting, too.

Also, that conversation was really...I don't even remember it, but I'm not a person who changes topics on purpose. I do remember talking to you, but we were just [i]talking[/i], that's it. Neither of us really brought up Mafia, so I don't see that as being a point of accusation.

As I've stated, I'm already as good as dead, what with the majority (*cough* two) against me. Just get it over with, then.[/color][/size]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Katana][size=1][color=royalblue]
As I've stated, I'm already as good as dead, what with the majority (*cough* two) against me. Just get it over with, then.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[color=DimGray]I shall take that as a cue for not to prolong the inevitable. Like Katana said, with two out of three people deadset against her, there's no point to cast votes anymore. With that being said...

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/mafia3.png[/IMG]

As the noose tightened around her neck, Katana cried out to the heavens: "I'm coming for you, my Boo! We'll be remembered like Bonnie and Clyde, criminals in love!"

The priest, Allamorph, shook his head sadly, and took away the plate with half-eaten waffles on it. "Not even my blessing managed to prevent this tragedy", he sighed as he finished the meal.[/CENTER]

---

Congratulations, [B]Aaryanna_Mom[/B], [B]Allamorph[/B] and [B]MistressRoxie[/B], you were able to solve the murder mystery and reveal the Mafia![/color]

[size=1][color=royalblue]Aww. I had a dramatic finish in mind as well. >_>;

Eh, well, cool. At least I lost to people who I enjoyed roleplaying with. But now that I'm off to hang with the cool people - hey wait, I just got an idea...

[i]The scene cuts to a cafeteria, where a bunch of dead souls are getting some grub. At one table sit the dead members of the Event - in other words, Delta, Sakura, Ilkillion, John, Boo, Tekkaman, and Katana. Delta is amazingly indifferent, Sakura is absently staring at the wall, Ikillion is telling his story to anybody who'll listen about how he was falsely accused, while John, Boo, Tekkaman, and Katana talk about the course of the Event.

Suddenly, Delta speaks. "Hey...what about the folks back down in the Town?"
John looks on with mild interest. "Eh? What about them."
"I mean...they're alive, and they think the Mafia is rooted out."
Tekkaman raises an eyebrow, pointing at Boo and Katana. "The Mafia [u]is[/u] rooted out, since Bonnie and Clyde are here with us."
Katana looks off to the side, muttering, "I'll get you for calling us that, Sandy..."
"Well, uh...what's your point?" Sakura asks loudly to move the conversation on.

Delta straightens her back. "Think about it. The Mafia is a freakin' [u]Mafia[/u]. There's more than two members. ...Right?" She looks at Boo and Katana, both of whom have blank expressions on their faces.
"Uh...yes. Yes, we do have more than two members," Boo answers awkwardly.
"Who?"
"We cannot divulge that information, it's classified."
"You're [u]dead[/u]; what threat could it pose?"
"...The minds of the innocent."

The entire group, including Katana, sighs at the useless answer.

"I tell you who the real threat is, though."
Ikillion perks up. "Yeah? Who?"
"Larb. ...I mean, White."
"...What? Why Mayor White?"
"He's the effing mayor, and yet he did nothing to protect you guys. What kind of mayor does that?"

An uneasy silence falls over the group before John stands up, slamming his hands on the table. "Father Allamorph...protect the innocent women! Make sure Roxie and Mom can get out alive!"

Down in the Town, Father Allamoroph looks up from his humble bowl of soup. "I hear a voice..." he murmurs before looking out the window to the town. A dark cloud, like an ink splatter in the sky, inches its way closer to the town that had suffered unimaginable horrors for the past month.
Shooting up from his humble chair, Father Allamorph darts out to the Town.[/i]

...And...that's it. xD (Sorry for the italics.)[/color][/size]

[color=#9933FF]*laughs* That was a brilliant ending, Katana.

Congrats to my living teammates, Allamorph and Aaryanna_Mom. We did it!

Special thanks to Tekkaman who was a great player from the very beginning. You were an awesome detective in your own right, and when you posted all your proof, everything fell into place for us. You've been there for me since the beginning. *hugs*

And thank you to everyone else! I had so much fun playing with you guys, although I was really sorry to see Delta (and Sakura) go so soon! V_V

Thank you White, for the amazing opportunity. And Sandy, for continuing the story. Best luck to both of you.[/color]

[FONT=Arial]Hey. I'm back, an' I've got a few final words.
[quote name='MistressRoxie][COLOR=#9933ff']Congrats to my living teammates, Allamorph and Aaryanna_Mom. We did it![/COLOR][/quote]
Yes. We did. And in the immortal words of Slippy Toad:

[center][I]We did it! ...I was worried for a moment.[/I][/center]

And let me just say that when you told me [/FONT][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Indigo][B]"Enough with the mysterious sh**. I'm a freakin' townsperson. I can't do sh**."[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/I][FONT=Arial], and candidly no less, that you immediately won my sympathy.
[QUOTE=Katana][size=1][color=RoyalBlue]Here's the problem, my dear Allamorph: I'm going to be accused as guilty as it is. Why? Simply because there are merely four players left in the game - myself, yourself, Mom, and Roxie. Two of them are already against me, and I can't vote for or against myself, so thus, what should I do?

I'm pleading innocence, but even if I managed to sway your mind, it wouldn't matter because I have two of three against me.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
Oh, I know. I was merely being courteous to the accused, since you couldn't possibly have changed my mind anyway. Besides, by killing [COLOR=DarkRed]T-Man[/COLOR], you nailed the lid in your own coffin. I'd been examining the deaths you'd caused to find a relevan pattern ? obviously there was none, but it kept me on my toes. Still, last [COLOR=Blue]Night[/COLOR] you had four options and I examined them carefully.
[QUOTE=Me, since I can't do those nifty PM quotes like Tekkaman, who seems to pwn, can.][FONT=Arial]As I've said before, I firmly believe I am going to die at this [COLOR=Blue]Night[/COLOR]'s end, and since I cannot bless myself, I must now examine any possible contingencies.

If, and I say again [I]IF[/I], [COLOR=DarkRed]MistressRoxie[/COLOR] is actually Mafia, then I have no clue how she'll act.

If we're all right about things and [COLOR=DarkRed]Katana[/COLOR]'s our target, which I still believe she is, then I see four options.

[list][*][COLOR=DarkRed]Katana[/COLOR] will kill [COLOR=DarkRed]Tekkaman[/COLOR] because he's a dangerous loudmouth who's unfortunately right, and she wants him out of the way. This is not to her advantage, because it immediately incriminates her. She will fall because [COLOR=DarkRed]A_M[/COLOR] and I are allies and I believe I have swayed [COLOR=DarkRed]Roxie[/COLOR] to me, neither of which [COLOR=DarkRed]Katana[/COLOR] is currently aware.

[*][COLOR=DarkRed]Katana[/COLOR] will kill [COLOR=DarkRed]Aaryanna_Mom[/COLOR] because she's a reliable souce of aged wisdom (and I always mean aged as a complement), and knocking her out might give her [COLOR=DarkRed]Roxie[/COLOR]'s vote; she'll want allies against [COLOR=DarkRed]T-Man[/COLOR] since she really can't kill him.

[*][COLOR=DarkRed]Katana[/COLOR] will kill me because I have controlled the [COLOR=DarkGreen]Town[/COLOR]'s sympathy from my statement in [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=758147&postcount=50"][b] Post #37[/b][/url] (at least, that's where [I]I[/I] think it happened at), and removing me will in her mind remove a large portion of the remaining [COLOR=DarkGreen]Town[/COLOR]'s unity as well as align with my theory about eliminating all the veteran players. From her perspective, I see this option as the most advantageous to her position ? remember, she doesn't know of the Post John alliance forming, so she may be counting on the resulting dis-unity to save her.

[*][COLOR=DarkRed]Katana[/COLOR] will kill [COLOR=DarkRed]MistressRoxie[/COLOR]. The only possible reason she would do this would be just for the confusion "WTF?!?!" aspect. I see no way it would help her now, though.[/list][/FONT][/QUOTE]
Keep in mind, I wrote this from the standpoint that the Mafia are allowed to vote for themselves, and in no way was I attepting to be arrogant (referencing point three). I just happened to notice that for some strange reason everyone kinda liked me. I was rather thankful for this, but it was still unexpected.

Point being, your only real option was to either take out me or [COLOR=DarkRed]A_M[/COLOR]. I was not that important any longer (not that I was all that useful during the game anyway), and I had [COLOR=DarkRed]Aaryanna_Mom[/COLOR] protected, so you really couldn't win.

And let me just say that picking names out of a hat was a rather admirable way to keep covered. Unfortunate that I was able to connect [COLOR=DarkRed]Delta[/COLOR] to [COLOR=DarkRed]Boo[/COLOR] through sheer coincidence. (^_^)

I also want to take a second to thank [COLOR=DarkRed]Tekkaman[/COLOR] for pulling together the ally network and generally being a fantastic leader. Without him sticking his neck out, you guys might have won. I only did analysis; he made the decisions. Major uppage to the [COLOR=indigo]Purple[/COLOR] and [COLOR=Gray]Gray[/COLOR]!!!

Speaking of revealing our roles, I honestly see no problem with it. Think of it this way:

When you play Mafia with people you're in the same room with, you have the distinct advantage of being able to read expressions, but you're hampered by the fact that you can't tell anyone privately that you're innocent, Priest, Detective, whatever, since there is no privacy. And, obviously, everyone can lie.

In [COLOR=DarkRed]White[/COLOR]'s game, only the four players with specific responsibilities/liabilities are allowed to lie for their own protection. Also, there are no faces to read, only words. It seems equitable that if you want to risk your station to trust someone with your role, you can, since you can do so without completely compromising yourself, and you have to take the other player at their word that they are who they say they are. E.g., if I had begun trusting [COLOR=DarkRed]Katana[/COLOR] with my innermost thoughts, she would have be enunder no obligation to tell me [I]"Hey, guess what! I'm Mafia!"[/I], and she would also have been completely within her rights to take advantage of everything I might have told her. [COLOR=DarkRed]Boo[/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkRed]Katana[/COLOR], you did yourself a disservice by not attepting to make alllies. You were told you were allowed to lie. Period. Anywhere. If it regarded the game, the you were entitled to [U]Lie[/U] [U]Your[/U] [U]Butt[/U] [U]Off[/U]. Why did you keep to yourself?
[quote name='Katana][SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue][I]Father Allamoroph[/I][/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote]
[I]Qúe pasó?[/I]
[quote name='John']You skipped the part where the priest buys out a gun store and goes on a cigarette-smoking, justice-dealing rampage.[/quote]
Thank you muchly, but I'm no [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Trinity_Blood_characters#AX_Agents][B]Father Tres Iqus[/B] (scroll for a little bit)[/URL].

I have two questions for [COLOR=DarkRed]White[/COLOR].
[list=1][*]Is the [COLOR=DarkGreen]Priest[/COLOR] ever of any use? (From my standpoint, I can't say that it is.)
[*]Did you issue roles by random assignment? I ask this because [COLOR=DarkRed]Boo[/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkRed]Katana[/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkRed]John[/COLOR], and [COLOR=DarkRed]I[/COLOR] all said in our sign-up that we had played before, and because of this little exhange:
[indent]Me: After I saw your cast list, I started wondering why you only had one detective out there. When I played last, there were two detectives, since when anyone accuses a Mafia hitman for too long they usually end up dead, and once the detective is deep-sixin' it the rest of the townspeople are left at a huge disadvantage. [B][I]I see why you had the Priest in the mix, but his bonus is iffy at best[/I][/B], so from what I can see the game favors the Mafia just a little bit.

Of course, I trust you have a good reason for your setup, and I'm not here to tell you how to run your event. I'm just making an observation.

White: [COLOR=DimGray]You obviously didn't have a very "deep" group then. I don't know about you, but when my friends play we are really into it. One of my older friends was the Mafia once and he pinned the blame on his pregnant wife, calling her the devil (he's a youth pastor, by the way) just so he wouldn't get killed off.

If someone is constantly accusing Mafia, chances are they're either the Detective or the Mafia. So, if they would have said they were the detective before they died then they actually did die, obviously they were the detective and you now know who the Mafia is.

[U]EDIT[/U]: [B][I]As for the Priest, his/her skills will start becoming useful when there are less people in the game (a better chance they bless someone being killed).[/I][/B][/COLOR]

Me: [B][I]Ah, an endgame player. I see.[/I][/B][/indent]

And then you hand me the [COLOR=DarkGreen]Priest[/COLOR] card. Or did this all just happen by accident?[/list]

I don't want to be a jerk, but I just think that the game might have been much different if the important players (role-wise, of course) were a mix of veterans and novices.

Anyway, good game all! (Sorry, [COLOR=DarkRed]Delta[/COLOR]. I would have loved to play with you.)[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]I have two questions for [COLOR=DarkRed]White[/COLOR].
[list=1][*]Is the [COLOR=DarkGreen]Priest[/COLOR] ever of any use? (From my standpoint, I can't say that it is.)
[*]Did you issue roles by random assignment?[*][/list][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[font=tahoma][color=dimgray][b]1.[/b] Yes! If you ever thought your ally was to be killed you could have blessed them. :3 It also makes things more interesting since there's a chance you could accidently bless Mafia which would totally screw you guys over, haha.

[b]2.[/b] All the roles were picked from a hat. :)[/font][/color]

[font=Arial][QUOTE=Allamorph]
[font=Arial]So, us four just so happened to have played before. Good. That's what I thought you did.

That's one wierd coincidence, though. (^_^)[/font][/QUOTE] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]Really weird, if you ask me. Not that i'm saying White's a liar either.[/size][/font]

[/font][font=Arial][QUOTE=Allamorph]
[font=Arial]I also want to take a second to thank [color=darkred]Tekkaman[/color] for pulling together the ally network and generally being a fantastic leader. Without him sticking his neck out, you guys might have won. I only did analysis; he made the decisions. Major uppage to the [color=indigo]Purple[/color] and [color=gray]Gray[/color]!!![/font][/QUOTE] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]Nah. I had you guys (Alla, John, A_M) to work with. Without you, I just would've been getting accused as Mafia again (Which was definitely working out in Boo / Katana's favor).[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]Oh, and as for my colors, I don't even know what colors i'm going to use next, unpredictable to the max degree. I think i'm ok though, because I finally found an Akuma banner that I so desperately wanted. :D So, for now, i'm stickin' with black.[/size][/font]

[/font][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]Hopefully...[/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Tekkaman][font=Arial] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]Oh, and as for my colors, I don't even know what colors i'm going to use next, unpredictable to the max degree. I think i'm ok though, because I finally found an Akuma banner that I so desperately wanted. :D So, for now, i'm stickin' with black.[/size][/font]

[/font][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]Hopefully...[/size][/font][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]Really? Darn, I kind of liked it. I mean, that's who you are to me now. Why go and bugger up a good thing?[/FONT]

[font=Arial][QUOTE=Allamorph] [/font]
[font=Arial][font=Arial]Really? Darn, I kind of liked it. I mean, that's who you are to me now. Why go and bugger up a good thing?[/font][/QUOTE] [/font][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]It's funny you ask the question like that; my wife said to me [before she went to work] that me and 'good' (Good being my 'attitude' when i'm around her :D ) don't mix well.[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]But to answer your question and not quote my wife, I am indecisive at times. I don't know why.[/size][/font]

[size=1][color=royalblue]Seriously Alla, you should've let old wounds heal. Mmk?

And by the way, there was one thing I forgot to mention in my sort of demented dream-sequence (of which I thought of during a particuarlly boring chemistry class). Boo and I were to reveal something extremely crucial to you guys, something that would make all your detective work and "how do we connect the dots?" thing just go to waste:

[b]Boo and I picked our targets by drawing names from a hat.[/b]

Despite the difference of America (myself) and Netherlands (him), he put names in a hat and just drew them out. Delta was the unfortunate first victim. =P

There's some parting words I would like to say, and that is concerning the "ally" network: As much as I didn't put a ton of effort into it, it's not like anybody put effort into it towards me. Roxie IMd me once, and that was actually a really random conversation about randomosity. After that, nobody except Boo IMd me (and even then, all we did was talk about other things). And then there were simply times when I was dead or annoyed and seriously did not want to talk about Mafia.

Regardless, I would like to be a Townsperson next time, just so that I can have some fun figuring out the roles of people. XD It sucks being deceptive. But I give myself credit, I managed to outwit you guys for a long time there...

Band-Aid'd![/color]

PS: Allamoroph = typo. Got it memorized?[/size]

[quote name='Katana][size=1][color=royalblue]Seriously Alla, you should've let old wounds heal. Mmk?[/color'][/size][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I am sorry if I ticked you off. I'm just callin' it like it is. I'll be more tactful in the future.

Pax? Please?

[QUOTE=Katana][size=1][color=RoyalBlue][b]Boo and I picked our targets by drawing names from a hat.[/b]

Despite the difference of America (myself) and Netherlands (him), he put names in a hat and just drew them out. Delta was the unfortunate first victim. =P[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
Yeah, I gathered that after [COLOR=DarkRed]Boo[/COLOR] told us. And like I said, good tactic. (At least, I think that's what I said.) You had me completely flummoxed on who to bless, making me completely useless.

I said that [COLOR=DarkRed]Delta[/COLOR]'s death was unfortunate for [COLOR=DarkRed]Boo[/COLOR] because it got me thinking about him more than anyone else. Just coincidence. :p

[quote name='Katana][size=1']PS: Allamoroph = typo. Got it memorized?[/size][/quote]
My dear girl, that was just me picking at you. I like making fun of typos. ;) Feel free to make fun of any of mine. [/FONT]