OtakuBoards

Mafia [The Underground]

Ellerby

[FONT=Tahoma][center][img]http://tinyurl.com/yjxdql[/img][/center]

[color=dimgray]Welcome, one and all, to the Mafia underground. This is where anything and everything that doesn't involve actual in-event topics. You can ask me questions about the event (if there are enough, I'll put up an FAQ), discuss who you think the Mafia is (though I encourage you to do that in private, lol), or even just motivate people to do their tasks (accusations, defending, etc).

[center][b][U]Stats[/U][/b][/center]

[b]Number of Rounds until the Mafia win:[/b] Around 4.
[b]Town Population:[/b] 9
[b]Number of Deaths:[/b] 1
[b]Last Death:[/b] [spoiler]...Delta...[/spoiler]
[b]Last Person found Guilty:[/b] N/A
[b]Current Accused Towns Person:[/b] Tekkaman
[b]Current Stage:[/b] The Court
[indent][b]Priest:[/b]
[b]Mafia:[/b]
[b]Detective:[/b] [/indent]

[center]Aaryanna_Mom
Allamorph
Boo
[strike]Delta[/strike]
Ikillion
John
Katana
MistressRoxie
Sakura
Tekkaman[/center][/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT=Arial]After I saw your cast list, I started wondering why you only had one detective out there. When I played last, there were two detectives, since when anyone accuses a Mafia hitman for too long they usually end up dead, and once the detective is deep-sixin' it the rest of the townspeople are left at a huge disadvantage. I see why you had the Priest in the mix, but his bonus is iffy at best, so from what I can see the game favors the Mafia just a little bit.

Of course, I trust you have a good reason for your setup, and I'm not here to tell you how to run your event. I'm just making an observation.[/FONT]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]You obviously didn't have a very "deep" group then. I don't know about you, but when my friends play we are really into it. One of my older friends was the Mafia once and he pinned the blame on his pregnant wife, calling her the devil (he's a youth pastor, by the way) just so he wouldn't get killed off.

If someone is constantly accusing Mafia, chances are they're either the Detective or the Mafia. So, if they would have said they were the detective before they died then they actually did die, obviously they were the detective and you now know who the Mafia is.

[b]EDIT:[/b] As for the Priest, his/her skills will start becoming useful when there are less people in the game (a better chance they bless someone being killed).[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=BKstyles]
Hm, it's started already? I was going to sign up tonight because I thought the deadline ended by the end of the day. I didn't think 13 people had signed up yet either.[/QUOTE][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]Tis a shame you're not playing Mafia, [color=indigo]BK[/color].[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]...Tis a shame indeed...[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Tekkaman][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]Tis a shame you're not playing Mafia, [color=indigo]BK[/color].[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]...Tis a shame indeed...[/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Eh, I'll follow along anyways since i've never played it before. I'll hold make a bet with myself over who's who each round, lol.[/font]

[font=Arial][QUOTE=Allamorph][/font]
[font=Arial][font=Arial]Oh, jays! All these veterans around, and now I am nervous. *cowers in corner* Please don't pick on me! I'm only a little otakuite! (^_^)[/font][/font]
[font=Arial][/QUOTE] [/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][color=indigo]*Licks lips*[/color] Mm. Fresh meat.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]No need to be nervous, [color=indigo]Allamorph[/color]. Since you're new and your in [color=indigo]Otaku Idol 2[/color], this is your chance to let your creative juices flow and show the mod's, along with everyone else here, in OB that you can tangle with the rest.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]*Plays [u]'Eye of the Tiger'[/u] for Allamorph*[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]Now. Just think of all of us in our underwear...[/color][/size][/font]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Just so nobody can try and use the image URL of the cards I sent via PM to try and prove who they are, I'm posting all four images here as well. :)

[center][url]http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5890/2mk0.png[/url]
[url]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2741/aceyc3.png[/url]
[url]http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6003/jokerdu2.png[/url]
[url]http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6452/kingav5.png[/url][/center]

There. Even though the URLs are a bit different, it's still the same image so if someone tries to say "But my URL is the real one!" they could have just re-uploaded it on ImageShack. :whoops: [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Everyone that signed up got in so, yeah...

Also, in case anyone was wondering why the Mafia has taken so long to choose their victim, it's because I forgot to tell them who the other Mafia was. So they didn't know who to talk to. XD[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma] But what I suggest you do is add everyone playing on AIM and/or MSN and talk to them whenever they come online. Cheers![/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Hmmm, that's a bit of a problem since I never use those services. So I'll have to look into getting one. And with Thanksgiving being tomorrow I'm going to be busy preparing dinner and other stuff. So I'll do my best to get an AIM or MSN account. Which one would be better? Or rather which one is used the most by those who are part of this? Is it possible to request members to send you their information for either AIM or MSN and then you could add it to the opening post? Or is the information already available somewhere and I'm just missing it? :animeswea

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]I guess I should have explained in more detail what's going on here.

You are not to post in the Town until accusations have started, which they haven't. You do not have to post in-character at all. This can be done completely OOC.

Also, use logical reasons for accusing. Don't use reasons for accusing people (like "Ikillion never liked Delta) unless they're [i]actually[/i] true (maybe something better would have been "Ikillion always was jealous of Delta's fame in the Art Studio").

This is why all the talking is best done via IM. You can find out things about people that may lead toward their true identity, or they may even slip up and say something they shouldn't have. :3

[b]EDIT:[/b] And in reply to Mom, yeah, if you guys want you can give me your AIM account name and I'll put it in my first post for others to add.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=#808080]The killer is MistressRoxie. How do I know this? Well I have convincing points which could lead to the bigger picture.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=darkorchid][QUOTE=MistressRoxie, Otaku Lounge, Inventions for which you feel grateful] [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=darkorchid]Have you ever had a power outage, and had to do without all your electrical appliances, including the cordless phone? When you're in a power outage, you really realize how much you depend on electricity.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=darkorchid][/QUOTE][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]Why write about loss of electricity and one of our townsfolk dies after the lights go off? It's proof enough to give her the motive that she walked to[color=gray] [spoiler]Delta's[/spoiler][/color] home and killed her in cold blood.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]MistressRoxie already had this first murder planned.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=#808080]Also, check this out:[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#9933ff][color=darkorchid][color=#9933ff][QUOTE=MistressRoxie, Otaku Lounge, What is this lack of respect towards women, huh?][/color][/color][/color][/size][/font]
[color=#9933ff][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#9933ff]In order to enact a social change in regards to relationships and perspectives on women[color=darkorchid], I think[/color] we (women) need to show we are capable in others aspects, i.e. work.[/color][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#9933ff][font=Verdana][size=2][/QUOTE][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#9933ff][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]Hmm, Mistress Roxie; could 'putting in work' be what you [u]truly[/u] meant? I know that you can't stand for women to be belittled and you would love for women to be the dominant species. So, you figured what better way to show off the power and strength of a woman by killing one.[/color][/size][/font][/color]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=#808080]...[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=#808080]...You diseased maniac.[/color][/size][/font]

I?m feeling a bit like I?m out of the loop here. I still don?t know how to get others AIM accounts. To make things simple I will be borrowing my daughters AIM account for this event, which is AaryannaBichon. She tells me that she mainly uses MSN anyway. So I?ll try to get on when I can. I would prefer PM?s though because my vision requires making the text larger so if lots of stuff is going on like I?ve seen my daughter do when she?s talking to people, I would have a hard time keeping up.

Also, are we suppose to post who we think the killer is here in the underground thread? Or in the main one. I?m a bit confused on that aspect.

Ah I see, very well then, I propose that the killer is most likely Tekkaman. Based on this post here:[QUOTE=Tekkaman][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]As i've clearly stated in [color=indigo]post #7[/color], [color=indigo]Sandy[/color], using random characters to kill off other random characters - with no regard for morals or another's life - is fun! [color=indigo]=][/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]too bad that writing about it with fictional characters is as far as it goes...[/color][/size][/font]

[left][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]*Evil Laughter*[/color][/size][/font][/left][/QUOTE]And this post here: [quote name='Tekkaman][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]So... Is evil a full-time job? I think I would kick arse in that field.[/color][/size'][/font][/quote]It is obvious that killing others and creating chaos from doing so is something they clearly enjoy. Tekkaman even expresses regret that it?s too bad it?s only fictional. So it seems clear to me that it would take very little for them to move into the realm of really killing someone off. Just for the sheer enjoyment.

Also it's a common tactic for the killer to immediately point fingers at other people to divert attention from the fact that they are the killer. So I argue that their posts were merely a practice run for the real deal. And that this post: [quote name='Tekkaman][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=#808080]The killer is MistressRoxie.[/font][/size'][/color][/quote]Is proof that they are the killer as they were the first one to speak up and claim that they knew who the killer was.

~I hope I got that right, if not tell me and I'll edit it. :animeswea

[size=1]Aaryanna's Mom has shown us some strong evidence. I'd like to add to her story with a fact: Right after the crime Tekkamon was the first to point their finger at somebody. In this case Katana, who happened to live nearby.

It is clear that Tekkamon commited the crime at this place, so that they could put the blame on Katana. It was obviously all part of their master scheme. The plan was made in the mind of a person with an obscene liking towards evil. If this isn't enough proof, his evil laughter is.

--
Something like that, I suppose? <_<;[/size]

All good points against Tekkaman. One that occured to me was the degree to which he stretched his argument against MistressRoxie when he said she'd kill a woman just to "show the power" of women. On the contrary, if that were the case, I'm sure Roxie would have killed a man to show their weaknesses.

Also, remember not to put too much stock in the "guilty dog barks first" argument. Someone's got to cast the first accusation, after all.

[quote name='John'] Also, remember not to put too much stock in the "guilty dog barks first" argument. Someone's got to cast the first accusation, after all.[/quote]I withdraw that observation since as you've so clearly pointed out, such a premise is flawed. Someone does have to speak up first or else the murder would never be resolved.

However, since my previous points still show a clear tendency towards murder and that they would enjoy it. I still believe that Tekkaman is the most likely culprit in this case.

[color=#9933ff]Thank you so much for all your support, everyone. I was rather annoyed that Tekkaman would accuse me, of all people. Delta makes intelligent, thoughtful posts, and I respect her a lot. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill her off first, and especially not me.

I'd also like to say to Tekkaman's arguement that if the lights were out, you can bet I'd be scared witless, as well as upset that access to my computer was down. Seriously, if the electricity went off, I'd be hiding in my bedroom with all the candles on, not out in a storm killing someone. ;P

I feel like Tekkamon is putting the spotlight on me to detract attention from other potential suspects. Taking John's stance on his first accusal, I'm not sure that Tekkaman was the one who killed Delta, thought it is possible. Is he accusing me to cover for someone else? And who would he be covering for?

I'd also like to ask the question: [b]Who is Delta friends with?[/b]. I don't know the social life of OBers like I used to (heh. ^^;;; ), but if any of the players are extremely, extremely close to Delta, it would be wise to eliminate them at this stage of the game.

I say this because I'm in the frame of mind of: "Would you kill off your best friend in the first round?" I mean, sure, it might be possible in the third or fourth round or something, but no good friend kills their other friend off the [b]very.first.[/b] round, you know?

Just some questions, perhaps, to think about...[/color]

[QUOTE=Aaryanna_Mom]
...I would prefer PM?s though because my vision requires making the text larger so if lots of stuff is going on like I?ve seen my daughter do when she?s talking to people, I would have a hard time keeping up.
[/QUOTE][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Granted, along with my apologies. My texting will be a lot bigger from now on - for you, of course, [color=indigo]Aaryanna_Mom[/color].[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Now... on to defend myself.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]You're right on one point, [color=indigo]Aaryanna_Mom[/color]: That I do enjoy - fictional - senseless killing. Playing the game [color=indigo]'Labyrinth'[/color] and going through the events leading to death while trying to keep my character alive is [u]very[/u] fun.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]However, we have to think logically; why would I easily expose myself as Mafia? Hopefully, someone has seen the animated movie [color=indigo]'Hoodwinked'[/color]; though, I do not want to ruin the movie for anyone else who hasn't seen it, [spoiler] the wolf was the one talking to his 'sheepish' intel while he was - in fact - in sheep's clothing. [/spoiler][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Just something to think about. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Also, the very killer of [spoiler] Delta [/spoiler] wouldn't parade around giving tons of evidence pointing himself to the crime. The killer would lie to your face, play buddy-buddy, and let you [u]think[/u] i'm the killer until it's too late. [color=indigo]Aaryanna_Mom[/color], I'd hate for you to die at the hands of the enemy that you think is me because - truthfully - you're looking in the wrong direction.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Instead, i'd pay more attention to [color=indigo]Boo[/color]. He was the only one who agreed with you, [color=indigo]Aaryanna_Mom[/color], and provided no information [u]of his own[/u] as to why i'm the killer; well, unless you validate the few bits of his own information in his post that can also be accounted for as 'common sense' thinking.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Remember, the killer [color=indigo]'plays'[/color] the buddy-buddy role.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Oh, and [color=indigo]John[/color] made a great second point: Finger pointing does flesh out the [u]true[/u] criminal. And now that [color=indigo]MistressRoxie[/color] (Nothing more than bait to bring out the 'guilty party'.) has served her purpose, [color=indigo]Aaryanna_Mom,[/color] [color=indigo]Boo[/color] has shown himself to be truly guilty by not defending himself at all.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Sub-par, at best, [color=indigo]Boo[/color][color=gray].[/color] [color=indigo]*Winks*[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[center][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082]----------[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082]----------[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082]----------[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082]----------[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082]----------[/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[left][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#4b0082]EDIT: [color=gray]Oh and [color=indigo]MistressRoxie[/color], i'm covering for no one.[/color][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/left]