OtakuBoards

Mafia [The Underground]

Ellerby

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma][B][center]What's Happened So Far...[/center][/B]

First, Mafia started and everyone anxiously awaited the night to end so they could all discuss the murder. The Mafia killed their victim, the Detective made his/her guess and the Priest blessed someone. Everyone awoke to find Delta dead.

Lot's of accusations went down in the Underground thread. The first of which was Tekkaman accusing Boo with some seemingly ridiculous points backing up his idea. This sparked a huge conversation between users and when it came time for the first official accusation in the town, Tekkaman struck out at Boo.

There was a little hostility between the two, but it was resolved for the sake of the Event. We are currently in the voting part of The Court stage. I'm still waiting for PMs from certain members but once that is done we can continue. :)[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial]When I see the lack of posting, I see players who are trying to 'figure out' who the Mafia could be while at the same time trying not to inadvertently incriminate themselves or make themselves a mark for the Mafia in the next round. [/FONT][/QUOTE]Actually what I think you are seeing is the result of this:[QUOTE=White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma][CENTER][i]And now, I leave it up to you guys to discuss for three days who you think the Mafia is. You can use the underground, PM system or whatever you like. But what I suggest you do is add everyone playing on AIM and/or MSN and talk to them whenever they come online. Cheers![/i][/CENTER][/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Not that I?m trying to pick on you or anything White, but this sort of gave the impression that we were suppose to talk in private instead of out in the open.

As a result very few posts have gone up and on some level I?m finding the whole process a bit confusing. We are supposed to be in a courtroom right? Why aren?t we posting melodramatic accusations back and forth as towns people would do if given the chance?

The idea of pm?s seems counter productive to what?s supposed to be a community event. I can understand the need for them when it comes to votes and the mafia saying who they choose to kill and who the priest chose to bless. But in the end the rest of it needs to be out in the open and not in pm?s or on some separate chatting service.

A few people have taken the initiative like Tekkaman and Allamorph, and have tried to drag people out into the open. And I agree with it. The secret nature of not posting has me feeling like other members aren?t even around or participating in the event. It also feels like its dragging this out longer than necessary and at the same time has me feeling like I?m not even playing a game.

Anyway, sorry if I sound harsh, that?s not my intent. I think it?s a great idea, but at the moment it seems to lack a bit of cohesiveness in that we are all off on our own little tangents instead of being part of a group event.

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']As a result very few posts have gone up and on some level I?m finding the whole process a bit confusing. We are supposed to be in a courtroom right? Why aren?t we posting melodramatic accusations back and forth as towns people would do if given the chance? [/quote]
[size=1][color=royalblue]In defense of White, I will say this: If we were in a coutroom for roleplay purposes, and able to spew out accusations and the like, then things would get [i]really[/i] ugly [i]really[/i] quickly. The last thing we really need is a [i]Tekkaman[/i] v. [i]Boo[/i] battle.

(History textbooks can do this to you.)

...My train of thought just crashed into the side of the mountain. o_O[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Katana][size=1][color=royalblue]In defense of White, I will say this: If we were in a coutroom for roleplay purposes, and able to spew out accusations and the like, then things would get [i]really[/i] ugly [i]really[/i] quickly. The last thing we really need is a [i]Tekkaman[/i] v. [i]Boo[/i] battle.

...My train of thought just crashed into the side of the mountain. o_O[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]Well waddyaknow? It's one of the only people to have said nothing yet. Glad to see ya. (That sounded nastier than I meant it to. Sorry.)

You've got a good point. Yeah, we don't need to start a Mafia flamewar. That would be really freakin' bad. What I had in mind was more of just a tossing out of thoughts. You know, bouncing ideas off of people. But in order for that to work, we have to talk to everybody in general so we can get different perspectives. That's what I've been trying to do, especially since I don't know what I can talk to who about yet, to say nothing of how.

Still, though, even if such a deplorable situation arose, it's better than nothing happening at all.

Oh, and none of my arguments yet have been based on the RP aspect of this. It's a nice thought, but it really has no bearing on the gameplay ? it would only seve as a distraction in serious discussions.

I'm sending my rescue squad to the mountain. We'll get your thought train's survivors to the hospital STAT.

[B]@ Aaryanna_Mom[/B]
Thanks for saying that. I forgot to elaborate on that aspect earlier. But your point flows into mine: using the PM system isolates people, forcing them to make decisions on their own. This results in playing as a single unit, rather than part of a greater whole. The PM system is still useful for stuff like "Hey, will you side with me on this one?", but apart from that it doesn't serve much purpose.

So then. [COLOR=DarkRed]Sakura[/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkRed]MistressRoxie[/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkRed]John[/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkRed]Boo[/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3][B]Ikillion[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] ? thoughts? Anything at all?[/FONT]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Okie doke, i'm back and i'd like to say a couple of things:[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]First, I would like to mak a formal apology to [color=indigo]Boo[/color] - not because I accused you but because of anything I may have said that caused you to get riled up.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]I apologize [color=indigo]Boo[/color]. (I also got your PM. Once again, sorry)[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Second, I'd like to apologize to the community for the way I - eh - 'come about with my judgements'. I know that i'm going about my desicions in a way that make people like [color=indigo]Boo[/color] go "WTF?!" but I believed that I was right when I posted; futhermore, I'd like to state that my 'gut instincts' can't be constituted as proof no more than it can in a court of law. So, i'll try to use my resources ([color=indigo]OtakuBoards[/color]) better.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Third, [color=indigo]White[/color], my intention was not to create conflict with Boo when I posted. I promise you that I only wanted to play the game to the best of my ability and make it fun at the same time. Therefore, i'm apologizing to you as well.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Fourth, to [color=indigo]Allamorph's[/color] exuberant statement (By the way, thatnks for the nickname, T-Man. I like it a lot!!!), he was right - the only reason I posted continuously is because I thought people would follow suit and begin to treat this like an event instead of a covert ops mission where stealth - post-wise - reigns supreme. I'll say nothing more on the subject since [color=indigo]Allamorph[/color] hit all points and then some.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Finally, i'd like to conclude, I haven't quit or anything in this game, just biding my time whist waiting for the other Mafia members to post - like [color=indigo]Allamorph[/color] (Allamorph, you need a great nickname as well) is doing now.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=4][color=indigo]Game on![/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Katana][size=1][color=royalblue]In defense of White, I will say this: If we were in a coutroom for roleplay purposes, and able to spew out accusations and the like, then things would get [i]really[/i] ugly [i]really[/i] quickly. The last thing we really need is a [i]Tekkaman[/i] v. [i]Boo[/i] battle.

...My train of thought just crashed into the side of the mountain. o_O[/color][/size][/QUOTE]I'm not really criticizing White here, nor am I encouraging others to fight. ;) I think Allamorph understood what I was getting at. The need to avoid placing what's going on out of the public's view as it is a [I]community event[/I] after all.

And though Tekkaman?s rather melodramatic flair for posting may have irritated a few people or came across as fighting, I always got the impression that they were trying to get into the game and not necessarily start a fight with Boo.

I found the whole thing rather comical and even outright laughed at a few of their statements. Because I knew they weren?t being serious other than to get into the game so to speak.

[color=#9933ff]I know I haven't said much recently, but I have read it all, and have been thinking about it. I really appreciate what Allamorph has said, and it's been a wake up call for me. I admit I hadn't said a lot (and been very careful talking privately) because I was afraid someone would actually think I'd done it. But after what Allamorph said, now I understand how we should be working together, not seperately. =)

Edit: I'd also like to give out my AIM handle at this point, should anyone want to talk to me. It's TsarinaRoxie, although if you're not on my buddylist, I won't be able to IM you. Anyone who listed their AIM handle in their user profile, I have on my b/l. Everyone else, I do not. ^^;[/color]

[FONT=Arial]To add to the AIM/MSN situation, I'd like to point out something that [COLOR=DarkRed]Boo[/COLOR] mentioned to me recently.
[QUOTE=Boo][SIZE=1]My apologies for never having contact with you. I figured I'd talk to you on MSN once. However, your post has got me realizing that I've never seen you online on there yet....

There's a great chance that you just come online a lot later than I do. If you live somewhere near America, there's at least a six hour or something time difference.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Now, I don't want to continue to thresh out an issue that's already been talked about extensively, but the fact that instant messaging only works if people are online together [I]and[/I] using the same system is yet another detriment to the option.

Sorry to keep raggin' on this thing. Anyway, so [COLOR=DarkRed]Tekkaman[/COLOR]'s been counter-accused by [COLOR=DarkRed]Sakura[/COLOR]. I can see where one might think he's betrayed himself, what with the way he made his first couple of posts rather ... interestingly, for lack of a better term. Unfortunately, unlike the last situation, I have little to nothing to work with except logic, so I can say nothing as of yet. (I haven't been up-to-date with my analyses. Sue me.) So then, [COLOR=DarkRed]Sakura[/COLOR], whatcha got?[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial']Well waddyaknow? It's one of the only people to have said nothing yet. Glad to see ya. (That sounded nastier than I meant it to. Sorry.)[/FONT][/quote]
[size=1][color=royalblue]I know you weren't meaning to be sardonic, but it did put me off for a moment. Anyways, I'll just explain what happend so as to not create the image that I'm lazy:

White is a Canadian. I am an American. Thus, when White opened up the thread for discussions and accusations, it was Thanksgiving weekend. Thursday was spent at my relative's house in Wisconsin, Friday was out shopping, and Saturday was out with my friends. I was GONNA post in the evening, but White closed it. DX Add to the fact that 'Oblivion' has once again made an appearance in my life, and...yeah, let's just say it likes to consume hours that will never again make an appearance. >_>;

Anyways, on to the conversation at hand:

My instant messaging contact information is all in my profile. I actually use all three of the major IM systems (AIM, MSN, and YIM). My YIM contact is my e-mail address.
I am on AIM the most, then YIM; MSN is lucky if it gets to see the light of day once a month. >_>;; As long as you don't annoy me with random crap, then I'm easy to talk to. =D

And as of one further note, I'm in Central time, which is the most awesome time zone evar. D:[/color][/size]

[color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Yeah before anyone else begins to think that I have gone AWOL for no apprent reason let [I]me[/I] explain.

Just because I don't post in this thread doesn't mena that I haven't any intrest in the game. It just means that...well I don't post in the tread. I have talked to people on {Insert IM service here} about this whole thing. I've submitted my vote on was going to happen and such. Its just that I didn't post here because most of the things that were being said were my thoughs, and I just don't wnat to go and repeat something for no reason, it would sound so blah.

So yeah if you do want to talk to me just do so, I am on all three usually daily since my life almost revolves around the computer in some way or another so yeah

aaaand...

[QUOTE=Katana][size=1][color=royalblue]
And as of one further note, I'm in Central time, which is the most awesome time zone evar. D:[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

True dat =D[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]One of the Mafia must obviously be male, even though thats not too much of a clue >.>

Since for a female to kill this many girls in a row is very odd, the one making the final decision must be male.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]I see two things, besides the female issue.

[indent]1. T-Man got scared and killed Sakura for her accusation.
2. Someone wants to make it look like point (1) is true to divert attention.[/indent]
I can't be sure how many moves the Mafia are planning in advance, so those points could conceivably stick themselves into a recursive loop; I know the loop must stop somewhere, but I still lack information so I can't make a confident judgement call yet.

The fact that both victims [strike]are[/strike] were female may or may not be coincidence. I'll look at that one when I have time, but I won't discount it. Still too few moves inward to tell.[/FONT]

[quote name='John']And perhaps also notable that they both spent a lot of time at the Art Studio. I'm still trying to see if these things work together somehow.[/quote][size=1]As far as I know, lately Sakura spent a lot more time in the Adventure Square, rather than the Art Studio.

Did you mean sakurasuka?[/size]

[QUOTE=Boo][size=1]As far as I know, lately Sakura spent a lot more time in the Adventure Square, rather than the Art Studio.

Did you mean sakurasuka?[/size][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=royalblue]Garflyajkbleh. I got confused too. D:

The fact that both victims are females may indicate that the Mafia member/members (God knows how many there are) is/are male. But what does that mean? That they rape their victims or something? *bricked*

Perhaps looking at the fact that they were both females isn't much of a clue. The count in the beginning of Mafia was 5 girls and 5 boys (I'm hoping I got the genders right here), so it's not like there's a dramatic difference. It's better than, say, 8 boys 2 girls, and now both of them are gone. >_>

For the record, I [i]am[/i] female. [strike]Since White doesn't know half the time.[/strike]

Once the accusations open up and somebody's willing to make a strong argument, things will probably get more interesting. Right now, we're just all confused at who is of what gender and who hangs out where. >_O[/color][/size]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Okay. The more i've been reading this thread, the more i've been thinking - thinking a lot, lately. I have an accusation and I actually have proof this time.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]I think that [one of] the killer[s] is - in fact - [color=indigo]Aaryanna_Mom[/color].[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Why? Well, first of all, [color=indigo]Mistress Roxie[/color] made this post in the Underground:[/color][/size][/font]

[color=#9933ff][quote name='MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff]I'd also like to ask the question: [b]Who is Delta friends with?[/b'][/color][/quote][/color]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]So I began to think, 'Is anyone friends with / had spats with [color=indigo]Delta[/color] before'. Of course, [color=indigo]Allamorph[/color] caught on to that before I could, posting a lot of evidence showing that [color=indigo]Boo[/color] could be a possible killer. However, due to - eh - 'conversations' that we, [color=indigo]Boo[/color] and I, had, I'm leaving that situation alone.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Then I started thinking, 'Is there anyone that [u]doesn't[/u] know [color=indigo]Delta[/color] that well; who would off her just because'? Now that could bring up an infinite number of people since people join OB every day. But, since we're talking in-game here, that narrows our possible killers down. But since I don't have any proof on that subject, i'll move along.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Next, I began looking at everyone's posts on the Mafia Underground and I see big points. Mainly:[/color][/size][/font]

[center][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][i]1. No one has attacked [color=indigo]Aaryanna_Mom[/color] for being a killer[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][i]2. [color=indigo]Sakura[/color]'s last post was accusing [color=indigo]Aaryanna_Mom[/color].[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Now whether i'm going below the belt or not for attacking [color=indigo]Aaryanna_Mom[/color] because she's a mother, she's nice, and because she's fairly new; as i've previously stated, I have evidence this time. It all starts with [color=indigo]Sakura[/color]'s last post.[/color][/size][/font]

[color=#800080][QUOTE=Sakura][color=#800080]I'm just randomly throwing this out, but what about thinking of perhaps Aaryanna_Mom?

She's new to the game and seems quite innocent and friendly to all, putting up good points against others as suspects. No one would suspect her so she'd be the perfect culprit.[/color][/QUOTE][/color]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Now true, in her post, she did accuse me also, but i'm praying that I've proved myself since the first round. Anywho, [color=indigo]Aaryanna_Mom[/color] answered [color=indigo]Sakura[/color]'s post by saying:[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Aaryanna_Mom] Fair enough since in all honesty each and everyone of us are suspects. And being new means my personality is less known and I have fewer posts that could incriminate me as well. So it would put me in the position of one who wouldn?t be suspected.

And even if I were to declare that I?m a townsperson and cannot lie, the mafia, detective and priest can so I could easily be one of them as they are allowed to lie.[/QUOTE][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Now, my mind's working like: 'Why would you say something like this[/color][/size][/font]

[left][QUOTE]And even if I were to declare that I?m a townsperson and cannot lie, the mafia, detective and priest can so I could easily be one of them as they are allowed to lie[/QUOTE] [/left]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Instead of defending yourself?' Now normally, I would blow that statement off and think that she could be either [color=indigo]Priest, Detective, or Mafia[/color]. But, because [color=indigo]Sakura[/color] posted about [color=indigo]Aaryanna_Mom[/color] last and got the axe, does anyone think that she, [color=indigo]Aaryanna_Mom[/color], is covering her tracks? I believe she could be Mafia because of [color=gray]this.[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Also, other points:[/color][/size][/font]

[center][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][i]1. Usually, from what I've seen in this game so far, people who actually want to catch the Mafia in this game are the ones who've been posting more substantially.[/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][i]2. [color=indigo]Allamorph[/color] [color=gray]posts wayyyy too substantially.[/color][/i][/color][/size][/font][/center]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Now this isn't to say that I believe that he's the Mafia. On the contrary, I believe that [color=indigo]Allamorph[/color] may be the Priest or the Detective; he's always trying to steer us in the right direction and tries his best to keep all of us protected:[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][QUOTE=Allamorph][font=Arial]@ the Mafia:
[size=3][i][b]Here I Am!!! Kill Me Before I Find You Out!!![/b][/i][/size]

Just in case I wasn't enough of a mark already. [/font]:([/QUOTE][/font][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Lol. Funny, but it makes a point.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Finally, I end my post with a statement:[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]'We [u]need[/u] to find out who our [color=indigo]Priest[/color] and [color=indigo]Detective[/color] is before it's too late.'[/color][/size][/font]

[right][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]P.S. [color=indigo]Allamorph[/color], sorry I put that [possibly true] information out there in the open; watch your back, kay?[/color][/size][/font][/right]

Hmmm? and here I thought I was clear with my original post. So I?ll try it again since your logic is faulty Tekkaman. I?ll start with my statement that you seem to believe is actual proof.
[INDENT]And even if I were to declare that I?m a townsperson and cannot lie, the mafia, detective and priest can so I could easily be one of them as they are allowed to lie.[/INDENT]
Let?s put this into a scenario to better understand why I said it. For starters I?ll outright say it.[B] I am a townsperson and cannot lie.[/B]

But wait! There?s a problem with that statement. Even though a townsperson cannot lie the mafia, detective and priest can. So by making that statement you and anyone else can say [I]but if you aren?t a townsperson you could lie and claim you are[/I]!

So in the end it?s a stance that cannot be defended. I know that I am a townsperson. But how do I prove it? It?s not a lack of defense but rather an inability to provide a solid defense, or the recognition that a simple statement is not a defense at all, just a statement. It is not a statement of guilt but one of honesty. [quote name='Tekkaman][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Now whether i'm going below the belt or not for attacking [color=indigo]Aaryanna_Mom[/color] because she's a mother, she's nice, and because she's fairly new; as i've previously stated, I have evidence this time. It all starts with [color=indigo]Sakura[/color]'s last post.[/color][/size'][/font][/quote]Murder and crime does not respect any profession or boundaries. So being a mother doesn?t automatically make me innocent. I am, but not because I am a mom. ;) As for the part about Sakura?s post, it is not evidence against me, but rather in indication of how clever the Mafia really are. Just as I thought you were the killer for being so vocal and random, you now think I am one of the members of the Mafia and that I am trying to silence a member.

But have you even considered that it is nothing more than a clever ploy to place suspicion elsewhere? A truly clever criminal would not be so foolish as to incriminate themselves when they can use past conversations to point the finger elsewhere. I can just imagine the conversation?

[I]Mafia:[/I] Sakura suggested Aaryanna_Mom is the killer. So lets kill Sakura as the first suspect will be the person Sakura suggested is the Mafia. [quote name='Tekkaman][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray] Instead of defending yourself?' Now normally, I would blow that statement off and think that she could be either [color=indigo]Priest, Detective, or Mafia[/color]. But, because [color=indigo]Sakura[/color] posted about [color=indigo]Aaryanna_Mom[/color] last and got the axe, does anyone think that she, [color=indigo]Aaryanna_Mom[/color], is covering her tracks? I believe she could be Mafia because of this.[/color][/size'][/font][/quote] Very obvious if you stop and think about it. I did not blow off her suggestion I merely pointed out how I could not prove otherwise. I know that I am innocent, and I sincerely hope we figure this out before it?s too late. Right now the Mafia is winning. Two of us are dead and it?s only a matter of time until they get everyone.

Don't believe me? Just wait and see, if I am not hanged by the town for a murder I did not commit, the Mafia will see to it that I too will die if we don't stop them first.

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Hmm... [color=indigo]*Tekkaman considers everything Aaryanna_Mom said*[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Okay, i'll humor you; assuming that you're not Mafia and someone is plotting the evidence in other peoples direction,[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Aaryanna_Mom] But have you even considered that it is nothing more than a clever ploy to place suspicion elsewhere? A truly clever criminal would not be so foolish as to incriminate themselves when they can use past conversations to point the finger elsewhere. I can just imagine the conversation?

[i]Mafia:[/i] Sakura suggested Aaryanna_Mom is the killer. So lets kill Sakura as the first suspect will be the person Sakura suggested is the Mafia.[/QUOTE][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]I gotta ask the question: 'Who the hell is smart enough to pull that off?'[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Not that i'm saying that you're not telling the truth [color=indigo]Aaryanna_Mom[/color], but who thinks that far ahead? Who been in watching, reviewing, and documenting all of us? Who's been doing all of this reasearch in order to confuse us; plotting Sakura's murder with the intent that we'd all be at each others throats?[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]I ask again, 'Who?'[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]This is getting damn frusterating, not knowing who the hell is killing us; every time I think I get closer to finding out who the Mafia is, I get pushed back further from the truth.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]I already have one [true] ally in this game with me and it's not myself either; I'll rely more on my source to get closer to this murder.[/color][/size][/font]

Hey, everybody!

Since I'm running this event from now on, I'd really appreciate if everybody would [B]PM[/B] me their [B]status[/B] in this game and anything else I should be aware of (because I obviously don't have access to White's private messages), and also excuse me if the event's next phase gets delayed for a bit, because I really need to delve into this first.

But for now, just keep on doing what you're doing... That is accusations, right? *sheepish smile*

[FONT=Arial][I]GAAHHH!!![/I] [spoiler]Bugger. Bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger, buggerbuggerbugger[I]buggerbuggerBUGGER BUGGER[B]BUGGER!!!!![/B][/I][/spoiler] (please don't read that.) I've been playing Risk for too long ? my brain won't work. It looks like I'm really being hurt by the fact that, while I have an MSN handle, IM-ing is not really an option for me. At all. [spoiler]Bugger.[/spoiler] Ah well. That which happens....

All right then, [COLOR=DarkRed]Aaryanna_Mom[/COLOR], so who do [I]you[/I] suspect of Mafia-ness at this point? You've got a good defense, yippee-yippee-YEE-haw, but what [I]else[/I] have you got swirling around in that motherly noggin' of yours? For that matter, has anyone besides [COLOR=DarkRed]T-Man[/COLOR] got someone specific they're mulling over? 'Cause I've got nothing here. Absolutely Jack Dit. The fact that there is another person to worry about besides the one we accuse this round might drive me a bit bonkers. :animeangr (burgal-flickle) And now there's eight people left, and that presents the possibility of a tie in the voting. *raspberry blown here* I am feeling very much like a bear of very little brain, I am hampered so. Oh, and [COLOR=DarkRed]T.K.[/COLOR],
[quote name='Tekkaman][font=Century Gothic][color=gray]I gotta ask the question: 'Who the hell is smart enough to pull that off?'[/color'][/font][/quote]
Well ... umm ... not to toot my own horn or anything, but I think like that all the time. In fact, I'd have probably planned three decision branches out in my head by now. I do this kind of stuff as second nature. I'm just odd, and I've read all of Conan Doyle's 'Sherlock Holmes' stuff. Twice.

Don't look at my post like that.
[indent] :animeshy: [/indent]
So now that everyone knows I play chess with people as pieces, I can get back to the topic. I'm sorry that I have nothing at this juncture, but I am really flummoxed, and finals are doing a bit of a number on me. I hate feeling useless ? if someone would throw something at me, then I'd see what I could come up with. Right now I feel like a wadded up piece of paper mentally.

*whimpered* [size=1][I]Help![/I][/size][/FONT]

I think what most people are forgetting is that Mafia is a game of odds, not certainties, and the odds will pretty much always be in favor of any one person being innocent. Despite this, someone must be convicted (if we the townspeople want to win, at any rate), so we'll have to be going against the natural odds and just shooting for the best we can manage. Given this, it is obvious and unnecessary for someone to defend themself by saying that they are innocent--this is probable for all of us. Rather, they should defend themselves by saying that they are [i]less[/i] likely than someone else (or anyone else) to be the Mafia.

We don't have a whole lot to work off of, but given what we do have, Aaryana_Mom does seem like a slightly more likely candidate than anyone else so far.

On another note, let's not rely on either of the other positions in the game. Remember that either (or both, heaven forbid) of the deaths could've been of the Priest or Detective, so it's not necessarily certain that they exist at all in the game, nor should be relied upon. The fact that White didn't mention the Detective at all in the last round's results disturbs me somewhat; at least before he'd say "the detective is still confounded" or something of the like.

[quote name='Sandy']But for now, just keep on doing what you're doing... That is accusations, right? *sheepish smile*[/quote] No, accusations take place in the Town thread, after a few days of discussion (I think White set this round at only one day), which takes place here. People will PM you with their accusations when that time comes, and you'll allow the first accuser who PMs you to post his accusation in the town thread. People will debate it a little bit, then the accused will post in their own defense, and the vote will be taken through PMs. If they're found guilty, they're executed and the next round starts. If they're innocent, you move on to the second accusation PM you received, and then the third if it's also necessary. I think if all three accused are found innocent, then you just move on to the next round without convicting anyone.

[quote name='John']We don't have a whole lot to work off of, but given what we do have, Aaryana_Mom does seem like a slightly more likely candidate than anyone else so far.[/quote]
[size=1][color=royalblue]I don't think it's quite fair to accuse her as the only suspect for right now. Pretty much the only reason she's in the limelight is because she was accused first, ala Tekkaman last round.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE]On another note, let's not rely on either of the other positions in the game. Remember that either (or both, heaven forbid) of the deaths could've been of the Priest or Detective, so it's not necessarily certain that they exist at all in the game, nor should be relied upon. The fact that White didn't mention the Detective at all in the last round's results disturbs me somewhat...[/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=royalblue]The fact that he didn't mention the Detective disturbs me as well. While it would be moronic for the person playing the Detective to be named/pop right out and proclaim their detective-ness, it would at least be [i]comforting[/i] to know if they still exist or not.

How do we know if we've been blessed or not by the Priest? How do we know the Detective is working? The Priest would be more behind-the-scenes, I'm guessing, but the Detective's actions would at least be known. Noticing the absence of a Detective last round, I kinda assumed poor Delta was it.[/color][/size]