OtakuBoards

Mafia [The Underground]

Ellerby

[QUOTE=Tekkaman][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Man, oh man... I know this is gonna sound sarcastic as hell but:[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][color=darkred]Aaryanna_Mom[/color], what I really am is [spoiler]a human being[/spoiler].[/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]I guess I?m not good at explaining things, I mean in the context of the game itself. You claim you are not a member of the mafia and yet you dismissed the death so casually. So in that respect it makes you seem cold-hearted as a member of the mafia would be. Is that more clear? ;)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tekkaman][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]No need for you to be angry, though, whether it be at me, my accusations, or just in general.[/color][/size'][/font][/quote][size=1]She had a really good reason to be angry at you, as you're being a major pain in the *** again.[/size]
[quote name='Tekkaman][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]And not to be rude but just because I hinted about you in my post doesn't mean that I was attacking you. I was attacking [color=darkred]Boo[/color].[/color][/size'][/font][/quote][size=1]Not to be rude? You're talking crap again. You attacked me and directly linked her to what you assume to be my role, because we're in each other's signatures, for crap's sake. We've been in each other's signature for almost a year now. You'd think that by now you've learned not to be so bloody ignorant. You're making things up again and it's not making you look any smarter. It's only another item for your incredibly long list of useless arguments.[/size]
[quote name='Tekkaman][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#808080]Consider my words, you three. [color=darkred]Boo[/color] and [color=darkred]Katana[/color] made the mistake of keeping me alive to try and pin the blame on me for another free kill.[/color][/size'][/font][/quote]
[size=1]Trust me on this: if I could, I would've killed you after the first round. Even if it were spoiling my own role in this game. At least then the rest of the participants wouldn't have to stand with you anymore. But I didn't even accuse anyone, because I didn't want to come up with as useless arguments as you did.

Besides, I haven't had contact with Katana over more than a week. I wouldn't know if she were Mafia or not, but it's possible (as the roles were given at random), though I see an a lot better candidate for that role. Hey, you'd be a few pennies richer now!

It's obvious that you've made an entire lifeless study out of this, while I've only shared a couple of PMs shared with Allomorph and a rather small moment talking to Roxie.

My defense will have to wait for a bit, as you really don't want me posting it right now. You've just been a total prick against one of my best friends, [i]and[/i] you've been accused her without the use of valid arguments.

Oh, and would you mind not using a zillion of useless BB tags in your posts? They aren't prettier or easier to look at, and they [i]really[/i] don't add up to my humour when I need to reply to one of your posts. Thank you. [/size]

[color=DimGray]I would like to remind all parties that this is [I]just[/I] a game, so keep your discussion in a civilized level, please. I don't want any namecalling or needless insults here, no matter if they're part of a strategy or not. I felt the need to say this before anything gets out of hand.

Thank you, now please continue.[/color]

[size=1][quote name='Boo] [size=1']Not to be rude? You're talking crap again. You attacked me and directly linked her to what you assume to be my role, because we're in each other's signatures, for crap's sake. We've been in each other's signature for almost a year now. You'd think that by now you've learned not to be so bloody ignorant. You're making things up again and it's not making you look any smarter. It's only another item for your incredibly long list of useless arguments.[/size][/quote][/size]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]*Sigh* Once again, my apologies for making you angry, [color=darkred]Boo[/color], but please believe me, this is just a game and that's all i'm doing - playing. I don't understand, even when I believe I have valid arguments you still get antsy with me; I was never trying to be an @** to anyone. If anything, I consider myself to be pretty darned friendly.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#808080]Would you prefer that I don't mention you at all in the game? This way, you won't jump my shite every time something like this happens.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Please, don't confuse my role-playing with my natural demeanor, because i'm not even trying to be 'what you say I am'. I didn't know that my Mafia post sounded mean. But... i'll look it over and correct what you think is offensive. Would you kindly show me what exactly has offended you, please and thankies.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][color=darkred]Katana[/color], I think it's pretty obvious that i'm apologizing to you as well if I offended you. I didn't think I was being rude in the least.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]However...[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]I still stick by what I said; I believe that you two are still guilty; I know that my posts hold foundation because everything is true and not from my butt.[/color][/size][/font]

[size=1][quote name='Boo] [size=1]Oh, and would you mind not using a zillion of useless BB tags in your posts? They aren't prettier or easier to look at, and they [i]really[/i'] don't add up to my humour when I need to reply to one of your posts. Thank you. [/size][/quote][/size]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Sorry 'bout that. I'll make better posts in the future.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=#808080][color=darkred]EDIT:[/color] Oh, one more thing:[/color][/size][/font]

[size=1][quote name='Boo] [size=1']Trust me on this: if I could, I would've killed you after the first round. Even if it were spoiling my own role in this game. At least then the rest of the participants wouldn't have to stand with you anymore.[/size][/quote][/size]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Aside from you and [color=darkred]Katana[/color], if anyone else feels this way about me, please let me know someway, somehow. 'Cause if Boo is right and no one can seriously 'stand' me or my posts, i'll withdraw from this insipid argument [u]and[/u] the event of Mafia.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Just for you, [color=darkred]Boo[/color]. 'Cause the last thing I wanna be is an @** towards you or anyone else. Seriously.[/color][/size][/font]

[size=1]Bleh, stick to whatever you like. I know it isn't true, as well as I know that I'm going to 'get killed'. Be it by a Priest, two Mafia members and townsfolk. Be it by some insane murder. To be honest, I'm surprised that I wasn't killed during any of the nights yet.[/size]

I may as well say it, but I've thought it all along, I've never once gotten the impression that Tekkaman was doing anything other than get into the role of the game so to speak. It's not as if any of us has really died and so getting upset is really not necessary.

And though I do think you tend to be a bit over dramatic at times Tekkaman I don't have an issue with how you post. So don't feel as if you need to withdraw from the game. I'd rather you stick around and see things through. ;)

[color=DimGray]Eh, people... I had a reason I would've wanted you to post to the Town instead of here, and the reason is that I'm tired of constantly copy&pasting my posts to a new reply as I edit them because I feel that I'm the only one posting into the thread a part from the accusations.

Under my rule, I would've wanted the Town to be more interactive, but if you prefer the old way, I can deal with that.

Now, we move onto the [B]Court[/B], and here's some [B]statistics[/B] again:

[b]Number of Rounds until the Mafia wins:[/b] 1 or 2
[b]Town Population:[/b] 6
[b]Number of Deaths:[/b] 4
[b]Last Murder:[/b] John
[b]Last Person found Guilty:[/b] Ikillion
[b]Current Accused Town Person:[/b] Boo
[b]Current Stage:[/b] The Court
[indent][b]Priest:[/b]
[b]Mafia:[/b]
[b]Detective:[/b] John[/indent]

[center][B]Players:[/B]
Aaryanna_Mom
Allamorph
Boo
[strike]Delta[/strike]
[strike]Ikillion[/strike]
[strike]John[/strike]
Katana
MistressRoxie
[strike]Sakura[/strike]
Tekkaman[/center][/color]

[QUOTE=Sandy][color=DimGray]Eh, people... I had a reason I would've wanted you to post to the Town instead of here, and the reason is that I'm tired of constantly copy&pasting my posts to a new reply as I edit them because I feel that I'm the only one posting into the thread a part from the accusations.

Under my rule, I would've wanted the Town to be more interactive, but if you prefer the old way, I can deal with that.[/color][/QUOTE]Well it's not so much old but rather I always got the impression that the town was more of the official going ons where the underground was the rest of us discussing it when court was not in session so to speak. Or something along those lines. So unless I want to defend Boo or give more reasons as to why they are guilty, I wouldn't post there unless I was officially saying so to the court. If that makes sense.

[color=DimGray]Here are the [B]statistics[/B] after the death of Tekkaman:

[b]Number of Rounds until the Mafia wins:[/b] 2
[b]Town Population:[/b] 4
[b]Number of Deaths:[/b] 6
[b]Last Murder:[/b] Tekkaman
[b]Last Person Found Guilty:[/b] Boo
[b]Current Accused Town Person:[/b] N/A
[b]Current Stage:[/b] Town Meeting
[indent][b]Priest:[/b] ?
[b]Detective:[/b] John
[b]Mafia:[/b] Boo & ?[/indent]

Aaryanna_Mom
Allamorph
[strike]Boo[/strike]
[strike]Delta[/strike]
[strike]John[/strike]
Katana
MistressRoxie
[strike]Sakura[/strike]
[strike]Tekkaman[/strike][/center]

Now the remaining players should discuss this latest turn of events, and send accusations my way. With good speed, we should be able to solve this murder mystery by next week.[/color]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]*sigh*[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]I was half-expecting this.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]I guess this is the end...[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]*Tear*[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=darkred]*Dies*[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Sandy][color=DimGray]And so the long, grueling night was over, and the Town woke up to yet another death - that of [B]Tekkaman[/B]. With their prominent spokesman brutally murdered, the townsfolk gathered to discuss about the killer.

Besides asking who did it, they also pondered who would have the guts to make an accusation?[/color][/QUOTE]I will make that accusation and I have already sent it to Sandy (the judge?) As I believe that I know who the final killer is, based on our Detective?s last message and one I recieved from Tekkaman. I believe I am right as the deductions of those two good people exposed the first member of the mafia who was none other than Boo. So I will continue following that line of reasoning and do my best to help them rest in peace by rooting out the remaining member of the mafia.

[color=DimGray]This event is now over, as the remaining players have exposed both members of the Mafia. To make a conclusion, I'll post the final [B]statistics[/B]:

[b]Number of Rounds Played:[/b] 4
[b]Remaining Town Population:[/b] 3
[b]Number of Deaths:[/b] 7
[indent][b]Priest:[/b] Allamorph
[b]Detective:[/b] John
[b]Mafia:[/b] Boo & Katana[/indent]

Aaryanna_Mom
Allamorph
[strike]Boo[/strike]
[strike]Delta[/strike]
[strike]John[/strike]
[strike]Katana[/strike]
MistressRoxie
[strike]Sakura[/strike]
[strike]Tekkaman[/strike][/center]

Thank you all for playing! Hope you had fun! ;D[/color]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Woohoo![/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]*Throws leftover New Year's confetti*[/b][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Man, oh man... I'm so glad that I wasn't wrong about my two candidates for Mafia. I [sometimes] thought that Boo was really innocent for a while there and I was afraid to accuse him because I didn't want to seem like a retard. XD[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Okay... first off, that was the best thing i've done since joining OB, seriously. Second, I think that this game will go off without a hitch if we keep the same rules but with a lot more townsfolk; Instead of 10 people playing this time, lets make it 20 at the most. That way, with one priest, dective, and two mafia, the game'll be a whole lot more fun and mysterious.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Finally, let give a big hand to Sandy for taking over the last half of Mafia...[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]*Applause*[/b][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]and another hand to White for creating the game of Mafia for OB.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray][b]*Applause, wooting*[/b][/color][/size][/font]

[size=1]Yeah, 't was fun. Next time I'd also like to see that the roles won't be revealed when someone dies, so the tension whether it was a just death still stays.

I'd love to do this again, though not as a Mafia member. Until we killed Tekkaman, we killed everyone by pulling a name from the hat. Rather, I'd be a townsmen or something to see whoever are the Mafia members. Being the Mafia members didn't include much thinking, so it was dull at some times. The thing that I should've done was involve myself in the background conversations - of which I did not realize the existence anyway - and become befriended or something with the others or at least earn their trust.[/size]

[size=1][quote name='Boo] [size=1']Yeah, 't was fun. Next time I'd also like to see that the roles won't be revealed when someone dies, so the tension whether it was a just death still stays.[/size][/quote][/size]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]I definitely agree with that, Boo. We should definitely conceal the identities of members who die until both Mafia members die. Then - and only then - should the remaining Townsfolk, if any, be told of the chaos that was Mafia.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]Also, though we can't stop members from revealing themselves over PM to others, the maker of this game, White, can make the PM's more simplistic so that people will have a much toughter time trying to prove themselves. Or something like that; i'm sure White'll figure out what to do.[/color][/size][/font]

I still don't see how people can have such a problem with the alliances. You can't justify banning them by comparing this version of Mafia to the real life version. We established long ago that the game will change considerably in its move to the internet, so of course not everyone is going to remain alone to fend for themselves. I don't know about any of you, but even when I just read the premise of the event, I knew alliances were probably going to be a part of it.

And it's a part that works fine. The only reason it provided any sort of advantage in this game was because there weren't enough townspeople. If this is ever played again, I think it'd work out perfectly if we just either get more townspeople or, as has been suggested, keep people's identities a secret even after they've died. The former would make alliances slower to build so they wouldn't gain power quickly at all, and the latter would just make it a little more risky for everybody.

[QUOTE=John] I still don't see how people can have such a problem with the alliances. You can't justify banning them by comparing this version of Mafia to the real life version. We established long ago that the game will change considerably in its move to the internet, so of course not everyone is going to remain alone to fend for themselves. I don't know about any of you, but even when I just read the premise of the event, I knew alliances were probably going to be a part of it.

And it's a part that works fine. The only reason it provided any sort of advantage in this game was because there weren't enough townspeople. If this is ever played again, I think it'd work out perfectly if we just either get more townspeople or, as has been suggested, keep people's identities a secret even after they've died. The former would make alliances slower to build so they wouldn't gain power quickly at all, and the latter would just make it a little more risky for everybody.[/QUOTE][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][color=gray]I don't mind alliances either, John. Furthermore, I actually think that alliances aren't a bad thing to have in Mafia [even if you do befriend one of the killers]. I was just giving White a heads up on possible improvements for the game, not trying to justify the banning of PM alliances. I, for one, enjoy the idea of 'harboring a fugitive' in the group.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Katana][size=1][color=royalblue]I guess what I get angry with the most with this game is the fact that people have built these networks of allies, so if you're not in on it (half of you guys aren't on AIM that much), you're screwed. That's how I felt when Tekkaman revealed he and John were allies. [b]I am just saying[/b], but in the original Mafia, it was you all by yourself. It made things more exciting and interesting, too.[/color'][/size][/quote]I had the exact opposite feeling when I found out that others were expecting me to follow the rules of a game I had never played. I can understand how you found that irritating but on the other end I found it equally as annoying when the signup did not require knowledge of the game this was based on. So to find out that others expected it on some level, I actually wanted to just throw my hands up and give up. I didn't but I found it that annoying.

As for the alliances, I didn't have one until after John was killed and at that point it made the game a lot more fun than before because being off on my own was to be blunt, boring. Unless people were active in the town it felt like we weren't even playing a game at all. I've said it before in the game and I'd say it again, on some level it's not really suited for being a community event because so much of it was expected to be played out in the shadows.

Now if White were to run another Mafia in the RPG area of the boards and the rules were clarified, [B]for example if people want others to follow the original rules more closely then the opening thread would need to have those rules posted[/B], well in the end especially if there were more townspeople and the idea of alliances were still allowed, I know I'd want to play it again. :catgirl:

In my opinion now that Mafia has been established to the OB, it shouldn't be a problem if somebody else besides White went on and started another game at the Adventure Arena (although White has every right to do so as well if he wants).

Good call on the point of not revealing who's who before the end. I guess my reasoning was to make this easier for everybody (townsfolk could see whether their votes went to the correct person or not, whereas the Mafia players could see if either the Priest or the Detective was still alive). But let's take this as a sort of "testplay", shall we? This game will surely evolve when it's played again. ;D