OtakuBoards

Labyrinth (M-VLS)

Sandy

[color=#808080][font=Century Gothic][size=2]Maya began to walk up to the surface after the death of her beloved friend, Keene Dalsten, by the Leviathan. Trying to wipe her eyes from the many tears moisturizing her face, Maya continued walking up the stairs for what seemed like forever; she was very far away from the murder scene now and from looking back, all Maya could see downstairs was a darkness even the best flashlight couldn't cut through.[/size][/font]

[/color][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]"Hopefully, Keene's in a better place,"[/color] Maya said to herself as she continued climbing, her legs tiring. [/color][color=indigo]"I wish I could've saved him."[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Maya mind dissapated slightly though, as she saw a trapdoor at the top of the steps; white light was showing from the cracks of the door, showing Maya a sign of freedom. Maya ran without saying or thinking another word; as Maya opened the trapdoor, using more strength than she needed to open it, she saw something really weird - [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Constance's headless body was standing upright in what seemed like an abandoned attic with too much florescent lighting - very dusty, hot and bright.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Constance's corpse backed away, trying to find a way out but to no avail.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]"C-Constance?"[/color] Maya said to the corpse.[/color][color=indigo] "I thought you died."[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Maya began walking towards the body of Constance, her back turned as if trying to look for something.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]"Hold on,"[/color] Maya said, walking a little slower now as Constance turned around. [/color][color=indigo]"I'll help you find what you're looking for."[/color][/size][/font]

[right][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkgreen]Meanwhile...[/color][/size][/font][/right]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Lita and Kalas both saw a steel door not far away after escaping the field with the graves. Thankful that all big doors led to an exit of some sort, they ran into the door while simoultaneously turning the handle with their free hands.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Needless to say, the environment wasn't quite the 'exit' they'd hoped for; as soon as Lita and Kalas stepped inside the brigtly lit, stuffy, and dusty room, they felt extremely light headed; Lita, to Kalas' extreme surprise, tried to touch her companion but drifted right through him - mearly a transparent mist. Kalas screamed from her action; however, he had wanted to scream once more as he saw something else...[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]A woman climbed from the ground, showing herself to Kalas at once. Kalas was stunned at who he'd saw.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]"Ayame?!"[/color] Kalas said. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Lita looked as if she were in a reoccuring nightmare, though she couldn't hear what she was saying - if she was saying anything at all for the moment. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=indigo]"But... how?!" [/color][color=gray]Kalas continued. Once again, his words emitted nothing audible.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Kalas backed away from the sight of a calm looking Ayame only to turn around and find that his steel door had dissapeared. Kalas panicked immediately, looking for his former entrance. He turned to Lita for advice but they couldn't hear each other.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][i]'What type of sick game is this?!'[/i] Kalas thought; he was sure Lita was thinking the same.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]"Goddamm*tt."[/color] Kalas said aloud, he voice once again failing him though he knew what he'd spoken. He'd forgotten - for the moment - about Lita during his silent cursing, whom Ayame [color=indigo](Maya)[/color] could not see.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]"C-Constance?"[/color] Ayame said to Kalas and Kalas at that moment froze.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]"Is... she talking... to me?"[/color] He mutely said.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]" - I thought you died."[/color] Ayame said, clearly not hearing Kalas speaking nor Lita drifting.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]"She's... mad!!"[/color] Kalas said again, still looking for the exit. Kalas could hear Ayame's footsteps walking closer towards him soon after - problably from his frantic searching. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Lita tried to speak words of encouragement to Kalas but her voice was still inaudible; she could do nothing but watch and wait. Apparantly, the 'ghostliness' would only last as long as she was in the room. Lita drifted from side to side, trying to figure out how to get Kalas to hear her.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]"Hold on,"[/color] Ayame said.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Kalas and Lita turned around. His heart sank as he saw Ayame walk closer to him, knife in her hand, what seemed like a devious smile painted across her lips.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]"I'll help you find what you're looking for."[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Kalas, not wanting to die, did the only thing he could do -[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]He punched Ayame [color=indigo](Maya)[/color] in the face, knocking her to the ground -[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]And then Kalas took the knife.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#808080]Lita stood by, wondering how she could help.[/color][/size][/font]

[right][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkgreen]Unbeknownst to Lita, Kalas, and Maya, however, the room was - in fact - an exit...[/color][/size][/font][/right]

[right][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkgreen]An exit to Hell...[/color][/size][/font][/right]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-round2.jpg[/IMG]
[SIZE=5]The Gathering[/SIZE]
[I]"A group is so much more than the sum of its individuals"[/I][/CENTER]

Her steps echoing from the stone walls on her both sides, Janet Peterson walked forward. She had lost her sense of direction a long time ago, and for all she cared, she could very well find herself back at that [I]dreadful[/I] graveyard.

She thought about Mary and Steven, the two innocent children who she hadn't been able to save, and then she thought about her own three children. They were probably wondering where their mommy went. Who was going to take care of them if she died here? Their father was gone, had been for years now. Janet didn't have anybody else but the children.

Suddenly she heard a cheerful laughter coming straight ahead. A small shadow ran across the corridor she was walking, disappearing to one of the narrower paths.

[B]"Hey... Wait!"[/B] Janet exclaimed, and began to run.

There the laughter was again! This time much louder. It was coming... behind her.

Janet spun around and saw a ragdoll on the ground. It was missing one of its button eyes. Janet grouched to pick it up.

[I]"Don't touch my toys"[/I], a demanding voice of a child said. Janet glanced up but she didn't see anybody.

[I]"I wanna play!"[/I] the voice said far ahead of her, fading away.

[B]"This is [I]madness[/I]!"[/B] Janet said in despair, squeezing the ragdoll against her chest.

Then she saw it: a child, a girl walking to the path she was standing in. They stared at each others.

[B]"Is this yours?"[/B] Janet whispered and showed the ragdoll to the girl.

[B]"Of course not!"[/B] Feng Li laughed. [B]"I'm way too old to play with dolls!"[/B]
[/FONT]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][I]So far so good[/I]. Callisto thought as he and Joachim continued across the stone pillars. Only two more to go and they would be on the other side. As if in answer to that the ground began to shake and a horrible roaring noise echoed up from the seemingly bottomless trenches of the pillars. Instinctively Callisto grabbed Joachim?s arm and yelled at him to run.

They had barely made it to the other side when a wave of heat threw both of them to the ground. A piercing cry caused both of them to turn and scramble to their feet. They were just in time to see the walkways burst into flames and fall. Flames then shot up around the pillars easily reaching more than twenty feet high.

Both Joachim and Callisto backed away from the flames and the intense heat they were putting out. Once again a piercing cry rang from what appeared to be the middle of the pillars. Instinctively Joachim pulled out the sword, pointing it towards where the noise had come from.

The flames began to die down only to reveal what could only be a creature from legend. An enormous white bird, easily the size of a small house was perched on the pillar in the center. It?s wings and body giving off sparks and little jets of flame were occasionally shooting out of its mouth with each cry.

?[B]Keep backing up Joachim,[/B]? Callisto said through clenched teeth. He himself carefully moving slowly in an attempt to not attract the attention of the monstrous bird.

Whether or not they would have succeeded in getting away without being noticed was something they never found out. With another shriek the bird screamed at them, sending waves of fire in their direction.

Callisto swore and threw himself sideways in an attempt to avoid the flames. Joachim froze and then did the only thing he could think of, he swung the sword as if attempting to slash the flames. To his surprise the swing produced a gust of wind that literally threw the flames back at the bird.

With a shriek of rage it shook off the flames and moved towards them, sending another wave of flames at them. Again Joachim swung his sword and this time the flames were directed back down the bird?s throat.

The bird swallowed the flames and then began to thrash madly, spewing flames out randomly. Callisto grabbed Joachim and pulled him back quickly, just in time to avoid him being smashed by the struggling bird. Then just as they were about to enter the next part of the maze, the bird exploded from the inside out. The blast picked both of them up, slamming them into the stonewall.

And then just as quickly it was over. Callisto picked himself up, other than some bruises and minor burns he seemed to be okay. A quick check showed Joachim to be all right as well. Though he seemed to have been knocked unconscious. Callisto picked up the scabbard to his sword and then with extreme care he worked the sword into it without touching the blade. He set it next to the kid and then patiently waited while he started to stir. [/COLOR]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Feng Li ran down a corridor on Janet's left hand side, Janet heard a door open and shut - by the sound of the creaking, the door was definitely metal.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]"Wait,"[/color] Janet said, wanting to return the doll whether it belonged to the girl or not, breaking into a stride. [color=indigo]"Where are you going?!"[/color] the last thing Janet wanted was to stay in this 'place' by herself without someone to talk to or be around.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]As Janet ran to the corridor that Feng had walked towards, she saw something that made her jaw drop -[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]The door on the left hand side was made of wood.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]"I-I could've sworn -"[/color] Janet stammered. [color=indigo]"That the door was made of steel."[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Janet hesitated before opening it - everytime she went somewhere new, someone died. Eventually, though, she came to her decision and opened the wooden door.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Inside, Janet couldn't see a thing. The darkness was unlike anything she'd ever experienced, almost [i]eternal[/i]. the wooden door slammed shut behind her, no gaps of light from the opposite side were shown.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Total darkness.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Janet didn't like the feeling she got from this room. She tried to get out the way she came -[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]But the wooden door had vanished; from Janet's touch since she couldn't see, a wall replaced what should have been her exit. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Janet began to sob silently as her touching on the wall became angry pounding. Her knuckles bled as she punched harder and harder on the solid surface that used to be a door. It was solid through and through.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]"Let me out of here, d*mmitt!!!"[/color] Janet roared. She was beginning to lose it and she didn't care. Her resolve was wavering and her niceness was on edge - not that anyone was around in this abyss of a room to care. Janet stomped on the ground from anger but paused for a moment, her face changing immediately.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#808080]She dropped the stuffed animal from her shock.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=indigo]"What?"[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Janet stomped on the ground again, her jaw dropping as the sound was becoming more and more painfully obvious the more she threw her foot down.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]And then, she felt the cold.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]The black room with no light was filling up with water at an incredible rate. Janet began to hyperventilate as the water had already made it up to her knees now. She squinted her eyes to try and adjust her vision quicker to the room.[/color][/size][/font]

[right][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkgreen]But she'd never adjust her vision to the room...[/color][/size][/font][/right]

[right][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkgreen]The room Janet was now in was built to prevent sight specifically.[/color][/size][/font][/right]

[right][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkgreen]Any and all doorways were gone...[/color][/size][/font][/right]

[right][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkgreen]Water was filling around her...[/color][/size][/font][/right]

[right][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=darkgreen]Janet was as good as dead.[/color][/size][/font][/right]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Ayame had spent what seemed like hours hunting for those who had killed her. Not that it mattered who she found first. They all needed to die. Each and every one of them. She would find them all. [I]I?ll make them pay for what they did to me![/I] She thought.

She continued walking through the maze, not really noticing when it changed from hedges, to fields, to caves or back to a stone maze. She was too busy plotting her revenge. She didn?t even notice the times when she barely missed falling into a pit of spikes or the poisonous snakes hiding in the grass.

?[B]Just where in the hell are they![/B]? She hissed impatiently. As much as she would love to kill Kalas [I]immediately[/I] for what he had done to her, there was a certain irony and justice to be had in killing the one he had protected first. All those damn brats were always taking the men away from her. If they weren?t around, she would get the attention she so richly deserved. ?[B]Stupid whores![/B]? She muttered under her breath as she continued to search.

How many times had her lover been stolen from her by one of them? She had lost count over the years. Just as she no longer remembered how many of them she had punished for their crimes. At first she had been uncertain when she woke up in the open grave. But then it had become apparent that even here it was no different. [I]Stupid damn hussies always stealing all the men.[/I] She thought.

Even that girl, she wasn?t even old enough to be a woman and she could have cared less that Ayame had disappeared! Well she had shown her! It hadn?t taken her long to figure out that something was different. And the look on everyone?s faces when she had taken Constance?s head off had been delicious. At least until the other hussy had hit her and interfered. [I]They all just need to die![/I] She screamed in her mind. Still furious over what had happened.

The sound of voices echoing through the stone walls brought her out of her musings. Instinctively she shrunk herself to the size of a gnat and then continued. Cautious she peered around the corner. It was the kid with the sword and another one of the men.

It wasn?t the one?s who had killed her, but they would do. Ayame smiled maliciously. [I]Now[/I], she thought to her self, [I]which one should I kill first[/I]? [/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Scott Sheppard wondered where Feng Li had went. Together they had entered what seemed to be a stone-walled continuation to the hedge maze, except everything was in multiple levels. There were bridges and archways everywhere, even occasional doors leading to unknown places.

Scott had followed the young Chinese girl, but she had suddenly sprinted off and disappeared. Scott was growing worried.

[B]"Feng Li!"[/B], he shouted every once in a while. [B]"Come back!"[/B]

Scott didn't like being all alone. He had been lonely ever since his divorce. All his friends had abandoned him for what he'd done, and the people at his work avoided him as well. It was a well known fact that Scott Sheppard had a possessive and oppressive personality. He couldn't stand failure, and he was constantly suspicious of everybody around him. He had been sure that his ex-wife had cheated him, but when he had voiced out his opinions, she had left him.

And now he was alone again.

[B]"FENG LI!!!"[/B] he shouted from the bottom of his lungs.

[B]"What?"[/B] came a voice behind him. There she was, the innocent-looking Chinese girl staring at Scott with her huge hazel eyes. Feng Li stood by a door she had just come out of.

[B]"You don't need to shout that hard, you know?"[/B] Feng Li disciplined Scott, actually shaking her finger.

[B]"...Sorry."[/B] It was all Scott could say in response.

[B]"Hey listen, I saw this woman just a while ago! She was really creepy. She was carrying a doll and crying"[/B], the girl explained.

[B]"Where is she now?"[/B] Scott asked.

[B]"She tried to follow me, but I ran through all these doors and she got lost. I think she was a ghost."[/B]

[B]"But weren't you the one who said this was all real"[/B], Scott said, smiling.

Feng Li narrowed her almond eyes accusingly. [B]"Ghosts[I] are[/I] real!"[/B]

Scott shook his head. [B]"You're a strange little girl, aren't you?"[/B][/FONT]

[font=tahoma][color=darkslategray]Callisto glanced over to where the pillars they had crossed not a few minutes ago had once been. The vision of that giant bird still embedded in his mind. He shook his head and snapped himself out of his trance. He then turned his attention to Joachim who was resting with his head cushioned by Callisto's leg.

[b][i]'What a fragile boy...his physical appearence suggests being at least a little more durable than this.'[/b][/i] he thought to himself.

Ayame watched on from the corner of the small opening she had fit herself into. Her physical size may have been small, but the rage flaring up inside of her was extravagent.

[b][i]'The boy...he seems to be knocked out. Ha, what an easy kill. I'll take him out and surprise the hell out of Mr. Biology Teacher'[/b][/i] she said to herself as she stood ready to fly in toward the downed Joachim.

She narrowed her eyes and brought herself out into the open. She took aim and readied to enter through Joachim's mouth and give him the ol "Constance Treatment". In the blink of an eye she readied herself and b-lined for Joachim. Just as she was about to arrive however, a flash of light and a gust of wind seem to activate on cue as Ayame now found herself flying uncontrollably backwards into a crack in the wall. The reaction's physical form caused a loud crash and several rocks to cave in the walls surrounding Joachim and Callisto. Callisto jumped up from his place wondering what the hell had just happened. He turned his attention to the sword beside Joachim, it all of a sudden had a flourecent golden glow to it.

[b][i]'The sword...? Was Joachim in danger just now? I don't get it.'[/b][/i] Callisto thought to himself. He thought further about if he would have had any intentions besides noble ones when he sheathed that very sword. What would have happened to him?

Ayame sat up in her place and shook her head, releasing debris out of her hair.

[b]"What in bloody hell!"[/b] she screamed out loud. She then took notice to where she was, and looked forward to see the openings to where Callisto and Joachim were was now caved in by rocks.

[b][i]'Dammit! What in the world just happened? What am i doing back out here? Arrrrgggggghhhh! Guess I have to go somewhere else.'[/b][/i] she thought as she jumped out from the crack in the wall and reverted to her normal size.

Back inside, Joachim began to stir as he he opened his eyes and looked up at Callisto, who was still standing with a confused look on his face.

[b]"Ca...callisto? Where are we?"[/b] Joachim asked, sitting up.

[b]"Oh? Joachim, so you're awake."[/b]

Callisto explained what had happened after he was knocked unconscious. Joachim looked down at the sword that had now stopped glowing and picked it back up.

[b][i]'I wonder...if a time will come where i'll have to actually use this sword. It seems i'm already in it's debt twice now.'[/b][/i] Joachim thought to himself as he and Callisto started on their way again.[/color][/font]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Maya lay there stunned from being punched by what appeared to be Constance, but her instincts were screaming to her that something was terribly wrong. [I]I don?t understand, how could she even be here?[/I] She thought to herself.

She started to move and then froze when Constance (Kalas) picked up a knife. [I]Where did that come from?[/I] She wondered her heart pounding in fear. But instead of attacking her Constance just stood there.

Then waves of pain struck leaving Maya feeling as if her head was going to explode. [I]What the hell?[/I] She thought. [I]Is my head really going to explode?[/I] She gritted her teeth and grabbed her head in a vain attempt to stem off what seemed to be thoughts that were not her own.

[I]Ayame?[/I]?[I]Kalas?[/I]?[I]Lita?[/I] It wasn?t so much thoughts but rather a sensation as if other people were with her in her mind. Crowding, begging to be heard. Taking over and shoving her aside.

Maya screamed as the pain increased, she scrambled backwards in a vain attempt to somehow escape it. ?[B]Get the hell out of my mind![/B]? she cried.

Kalas hesitated when Ayame (Maya) seemed to forget him clutching her head as if in pain and then screaming about getting out of her mind. [I]Gods,[/I] he thought,[I] she really is insane![/I]

Lita continued to watch helplessly, wishing with all her heart that she could somehow be seen and heard. [I]I can?t bear to watch![/I] She thought. As if in answer to that unspoken wish, Lita felt something pull at her, dragging her towards the edge of the room. [I]What the hell?[/I] She wondered.

Pain lanced through her as her body seemed to mesh with the walls, and then a horrible jerking sensation plunged her into darkness. Then after what seemed like an eternity of feeling like she was falling, Lita landed hard on what felt like a stone surface.

Cautiously she opened her eyes to find herself in what appeared to be a stone maze. Quickly she got up and dusted herself off. She raised her hands and touched the wall closest to her. [I]I?m solid again![/I] She nearly wept with relief.

?[B]Kalas! I?m back to norm..[/B]?she cried out turning around expecting to see Kalas only to stop short at what she saw. With a startled gasp of horror she backed away only to be stopped, her back against the stone wall she had just touched! [I]Hell! This has got to be a nightmare! How can this be?[/I] She thought in panic.

A malicious grin greeted her. ?[B]Look at what we have here.[/B]? Ayame said her eyes narrowing. ?[B]I don't know how you got here... but this time there?s no little boy scout to save you.[/B]? She gloated, and then with a scream of rage she charged Lita.[/COLOR]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-teleportcard2.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-lita.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Kalas saw Lita disappear, fright overcoming him, immediately following rage. He looked at Ayame [color=indigo](She was still [/color][color=indigo]screaming)[/color] and cursed aloud trying to figure out where his companion had gone while they were in the flourenscent lit room that made him light-headed still.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]"Where's Lita?! What did you do with her, d*mn you?!"[/color] Kalas screamed. He then remembered that his words didn't carry in the room - it had something to do with his light-headedness. Nevertheless, Ayame [color=indigo](Maya)[/color] couldn't hear him.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Kalas, realizing that talking was pointless, finally raised his blade in the air, pointed towards the illusion of Ayame [color=indigo](Still screaming)[/color], unbeknownst to Kalas. He was tired of playing games with this skank; this time, Kalas couldn't save Lita - he hadn't known where she'd gone and Ayame[color=indigo] (Maya)[/color] couldn't see her in the first place when she was here.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]But, Kalas thought, killing Ayame [color=indigo](Maya)[/color] would make [u]him[/u] feel better.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]He brought down the blade - [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Then, without warning, halfway down, Kalas felt as if his naval had gotten caught in a super-powered vaccum; he felt himself swirling through a big drain, falling, falling, falling...[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]He found himself on the ground; he was no longer in the flouresent-lit room. He felt the blood rush into his head once more, the blood feeling like rich oxygen that he'd just began to breathe for the first time. And to add to his relief, Lita was standing right in front of him, wide-eyed.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Kalas' happiness was short-lived, however...[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]"Hello, Boyscout,"[/color] Said a familiar voice. Kalas felt the blood drain from his face once more. [color=indigo]"Should've known you would've shown up."[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Kalas turned around, he had seen why Lita was so stone-faced.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]"Ayame."[/color] Kalas muttered, looking at her once again - though this time, it was no illusion.[/color][/size][/font]

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-teleportcard2.png[/img][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-kalas.jpg[/img][/center]

[FONT=Tahoma][color=darkslategray]Ayame and Kalas stared each other down as Lita looked on trying to figure out a way to get out safely. She still thought about Kalas but it seemed like she was now more concerned with her own safety. Ayame charged at Kalas no questions asked and swung at him with her fingernails extended. Kalas dodged and saved himself from hitting the floor with his hands, and started to make his way through the stone maze. Ayame chased after him, forgetting about Lita who was left behind.

[b]"Come back here! I'm going to show you what it felt like to be in an even worse place the this hellhole!"[/b] Ayame yelled as she made her way through the maze. Lita took the opportunity to scurry off the other way and hoped she'd be able to make it on her own. She dashed through a field of high grass that resembled a corn field, the opposite direction of the maze. The wind began to pick up in the direction she was going, her hair flailed in the air and soon the breeze became a cool sea breeze.

[b][i]'Why did it get so cold all of a sudden?'[/b][/i] she thought to herself as she continued running. Her momentum however lead her too far off of a cliff, as she reached her left hand up and gripped onto a rock as hard as she could. She screamed at the surprise of falling out of nowhere and glanced downward at the violent rapids below. The water not only seemed rough but polluted as well, with dirt and debris everywhere.

[b][i]'Ugh...I can't believe this...I gotta hold on'[/b][/i] she told herself over and over. She reached up with her right hand with all of her strength, so much that her arms began to numb from the strain put on them. She grabbed hold of a stray branch sticking out of the earth and gritted her teeth as she pulled herself up slowly. Inches away from the top of the cliff she felt her strength begin to leave her.

[b][i]'Just...a little...closer...'[/b][/i] she told herself.

Just then, a large crash came from the other side of the mountain's split. Rocks flew out from a now opened area in the wall across from where Lita was hanging. Into the opening walked 2 figures.

[b]"*cough cough* Man...I guess that sword really did come in handy for us afterall"[/b] Callisto said, waving his hand and coughing from the debris of the rocks Joachim just blasted through with the power of the Kusanagi. Joachim shook his head to get the dirt and sand out of his hair and peered up to notice the dangling Lita.

[b]"Callisto! Look!"[/b] Joachim yelled, pointing in Lita's direction.

Callisto looked over and noticed. Lita's balance was thrown off by the crash and was now back at square one. She struggled even more, but felt as if her grip could give out any second. She closed her eyes and looked down, hoping to open them to find her awake in her bed...hoping that this was all a nightmare. Her short lived tranquility was interuppted by a loud voice calling to her.

[b]"Heyyyyyyyy!"[/b] Callisto screamed out to her.

Lita turned her head to see who it was. Her eyes distantly met Callisto's, but his intention for calling her would never be known as the branch she held on to with her right hand snapped, forcing her body to pull down from the weakened grip she had with her left hand. Her body plunged down below as her scream served as a mere decrescendo.

[b]"Lita!"[/b] Joachim yelled. He felt terrible, even after she tried to take the sword from him back at the graveyard. He couldn't help but feel bad. No matter what deeds any of the people in this place have done, he couldn't believe it was bad enough for them to be deserving of death. Callisto placed his hand on Joachim's shoulder and looked down to him.

[b]"Joachim...be greatful that it wasen't you. We have to accept that we're in this to survive on our own. It's a long way down from where we are as well...we have to find another way."[/b] Callisto said, walking back into the cavern in hopes to find or make a new exit that leads somewhere.

[center][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-deathcard.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-lita.png[/IMG] [/center] [/color][/FONT]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]As Kalas ran through the maze, all Ayame could do was think of all the wonderful things she'd do to him: None of the things she cooked up were any less painful than what she'd done to Constance.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Ayame was gaining on him and Kalas could feel it. Ayame, using her gut, shrunk down to gnat size and hugged the side of the concrete wall as tightly as possible - [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]She knew what was going to happen.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Right on cue, Kalas turned around, tired of running, leting forth a huge downward stroke with both of his arms, sending a strong, splitting gale down the corridor he was running through. Kalas opened his eyes while trying to regain his breath, seeing that Ayame was gone.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]"...Must've scared her away."[/color] Kalas said gasping for breath.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]However, Ayame appeared, regrowing right next to him, Kalas was shocked (Ayame had moved closer to him while he threw his arms down for the kill) to see Ayame's right elbow smash into his adam's apple, sending him into immediate convulsions. Ayame then grabbed Kalas by the throat and lifted him up on the stone wall making the endless maze, Kalas realizing for the first time how strong Ayame really is.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]"Yeah,"[/color] Ayame said with a smile, looking at Kalas' bloodshot eyes. [color=indigo]"I was [u]really[/u] scared."[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]She quickly used her free hand to poke through Kalas' eyeballs. He writhed in agony; Ayame was getting annoyed of the screaming already. She lifted the twitching Kalas with one arm and began smashing his face multiple times on the stone.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray][color=indigo]"Shut up, shut up, shut up!"[/color] Ayame roared, a smile on her face as blood splattered over her.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#808080][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=#808080]She'd truly lost her mind in the Labyrinth.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]This process of Kalas' head meeting stone - among other 'satisfying' things - lasted for the better part of an hour - the best hour of Ayame's life.[/color][/size][/font]

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-deathcard.png[/img][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-kalas.jpg[/img][/center]

[font=palatino linotype]Silence. Sweet, blissful silence.

Maya Ashnard laid on her back on the floor of the attic-like room, with her eyes wide open. The headless Constance had vanished, as had the voices of Lita and the man named Kalas. Maya was sure she had sensed the crazy woman who had killed Constance for a brief moment, as well.

She was relieved that it was all over now. She could just remain here, in this silent room, until somebody came to save her.

[I]"No"[/I], her thoughts said to her. [I]"Nobody is going to come and save me. My life is in the hands of myself and the great Allah."[/I]

Determinedly she got up the floor and wiped the dust off her clothes. The determination turned to anger.

[B]"By Allah, I will get out of here even if all Hell would stand in my way!"[/B] she shouted from the bottom of her lungs. Then she marched to the hatch on the floor and opened it.

She almost lost her balance when she looked through the hatch. [I]Below[/I] her was a bright blue sky with a few clouds drifting peacefully across it.[/font]

[COLOR=DarkRed][I]Is this really how it?s going to end?[/I] Janet it thought, the cold water numbing her as it reached her waist.[I] It can?t end like this! My children need me! [/I]She thought in despair. But her silent wish went unanswered. The water continued to rise until it was halfway up her chest. Then as it touched her breast pocket she felt something tugging on her shirt.

With a shriek of panic she grasped in front of her in an attempt to figure out what had just touched her. She could feel something rough and ropelike; she grabbed it in an attempt to push it away, not understanding that it was coming from her own pocket.

Within seconds she felt it wrap around her body, lifting her up, keeping her head out of the water. Then before she could wonder just what was truly happening, a sharp crack filled the air, followed quickly by the sound of water rushing somewhere. Brilliant light blinded her as she felt the water begin to recede and she was forced to close her eyes.

Desperately Janet tried to open her eyes to figure out what was going on, tears streaming out of her eyes from the effort to see. Then as her vision began to clear, and the sound of the water leaving fell silent, she felt herself being lowered gently to the stone floor. The room she had been in was now open to the outside as a huge chunk of the stone wall was in pieces. It appeared to have been broken by strong vines.
[I]
What just happened?[/I] she thought as the vines that had been holding her finished releasing her, leaving her standing upright. She reached up to her pocket; there was still something there. She reached in and pulled out what appeared to be seeds. [I]How did those get there?[/I] She wondered. Then it hit her. It must have happened when Mary had been killed. The vines then had taken the girl from her. They must have left some seeds in her pocket.

?[B]Thank you.[/B]? She said. The vines reached back to her, gently caressing her before letting go once again. She put the remaining seeds back into her pocket, took a moment to wring out her clothing a bit and then walked out of the room. Janet found herself in a stone maze this time. [I]I have to get out of here my children need me.[/I] She thought.

Janet continued traveling through the stone maze, strangely comforted by the seeds in her pocket in spite of still being chilled by her wet clothing. At that moment she felt as if she could face anything. Then after she had been walking for a while and her clothes had mostly dried out, she heard the sounds of someone shrieking and of something being hit over and over.

Curious Janet followed the sounds and when they became lounder she then carefully peeked around the corner. She nearly gave herself away with a gasp of horror at what she saw. A woman covered in blood and gore was beating and dismembering another person. Janet tried to control her reaction and failed, she fell to her hands and knees retching, throwing up what little content she had in her stomach.

The woman whirled at the sound of Janet retching, startled by the unexpected sound. Then she smiled.

?[B]You?re too late to save the Boy Scout, little hussy![/B]? She hissed at Janet.
[I]
Boy Scout? What is she talking about?[/I] Janet thought in confusion as she got back up.

?[B]Just as you?re too late to save yourself.[/B]? Ayame continued as she began to walk towards Janet. ?[B]I?m going to make sure you stupid hussies never get in my way again![/B]? And with another shriek she was after Janet.

With a start Janet realized that she was insane! [I]Now what do I do? [/I]She thought. Instinctively she grabbed the seeds in her pocket and threw them at Ayame who hesitated when one of them flew into her open mouth.

?[B]Damn you![/B]? Ayame shrieked as she paused to shake the seeds out of her hair and clothing. She had only removed a few when she gave a gasp of pain and bent over.

?[B]What did you do to me![/B]? Ayame shrieked her voice becoming even shriller. She fell to the ground and began to thrash madly.

Janet backed away, uncertain as to what was happening. She had thrown the seeds even though she was uncertain if they could even help her like thay had before. Then just as she was going to flee while the woman was distracted, Ayame?s body convulsed, as vines exploded from within her body, tearing her to shreds.

Once again Janet gagged and retched, though this time there was nothing left in her stomach. She fell to her knees and sobbed. [/COLOR]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-deathcard.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-ayame.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Scott was beginning to wonder if there was an exit to the crazy maze that he had woken up in. It seemed like they had been there forever instead of perhaps a day or two. The light never seemed to change and in spite of the apparent passage of time, he didn?t feel any hunger or thirst. If it wasn?t for how vivid the memory of the girl?s head exploding and the smell of blood when the spike had impaled the older woman, well he would have put this down as an extremely vivid dream. Scott sighed.

?[B]Why are you sighing?[/B]? Feng Li said with a tiny bit of irritation in her voice.

?[B]Because I?m not sure if there even[I] is [/I]an exit out of this place.[/B]?

?[B]Of course there is silly.[/B]? Feng Li replied. ?[B]It?s the same way we got here in the first place.[/B]?

Scott was startled at her perceptiveness. She was right of course. They had to have gotten here in the first place, so it stood to reason that they should be able to leave the same way.

?[B]Your right.[/B]? He replied.

Feng Li stuck her tongue out at him playfully and then ran on ahead when she saw what appeared to be a door out of the multi-level maze. She ignored Scott?s cries for her to wait for him and opened the door. A huge meadow filled with all sorts of flowers stretched in front of her as far as the eye could see. She boldly stepped into the field and waited for Scott to catch up.

It was so pretty, Feng Li had never seen so many flowers in one place. She turned back to tell Scott to hurry up.[I] Adults take forever![/I] She thought to herself. But when she turned around the door was gone. She was now standing in the middle of a meadow of flowers as far as the eye could see.

Feng Li shrugged. ?[B]Guess he should have hurried.[/B]? She skipped among the flowers picking a direction randomly, convinced that she would find her way out with or without the help of an adult. After all she had always managed on her own at home.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]A tall but thin shadow passed the stone plate at the Nexus of the Labyrinth. It crept towards the graves encircling the plate. It lingered in front of each gravestone, as if to read the names on them one by one.

[I]So few of them remain...[/I], the gentle wind whispered.

[I]Many souls have been perished... [/I], the sharp leafs on the hedges rattled. [I]It'll be interesting to see who will be last.[/I]

[I]What an intriguing game, Life is...[/I], the thick grass rustled.

The shadow turned towards the exit of the Nexus. [I]... and Death[/I], it added. [I]Time to go gather the lost lambs.[/I]

In an instant, the shadow was gone, and the Nexus fell silent once again.[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed][I]I couldn?t save her. [/I]Joachim thought to himself. He looked down at his sword.[I] What?s the point in even having this if I can?t save someone with it?[/I] Forgetting that the sword had already saved his and Callisto?s life several times.

?[B]Hey! Why so glum! We?ll find an exit I?m sure of it![/B]? Callisto said in an effort to cheer Joachim up, as he had been looking rather dejected since the woman had fallen into the river.

?[B]Why are we even here?[/B]? Joachim countered.

Callisto hesitated, stumped by the question.

Joachim stopped and turned back to face him. ?[B]You don?t know do you? So how can you say we will find an exit?[/B]? He said irritably.

?[B]You?re right, I don?t know. But thinking like that won?t help us any. We have to believe that there is a way out, we were brought here by someone so there has to be a way for us to get back.[/B]?

Joachim sat down and leaned against a wall. ?[B]Maybe, but why all the dangerous traps?[/B]? He paused and then continued. ?[B]I think they don?t intend to let us go. It?s like some game, watching us attempt to avoid the traps in this place. I bet we aren?t the first ones to have been brought here either.[/B]?

Callisto sat down next to Joachim. ?[B]Perhaps you?re right, but you could also be wrong. I wish I had an answer, but I don?t. But I do know that I don?t intend to give up without even trying to find a way out.[/B]?

Joachim got back up. ?[B]I know, I know.[/B]? He sighed. ?[B]It?s not like we could stay where we woke up after all?I wonder where the others are?[/B]?

Callisto got back up as well. ?[B]Lets press on, perhaps we?ll find them.[/B]?

Joachim turned to continue walking through the maze at the same time a door appeared in the middle of the passage right behind him. It immediately opened and before Joachim could even register what was happening he had stepped through it. He turned around to head back.

Startled Callisto moved to follow but before he had taken more than a single step the door slammed shut and vanished. The sound echoing through the long passage way. He swallowed hard and looked around. [I]Now what do I do?[/I]

When Joachim had turned to continue along the passageway, his momentum had carried him through the door before he realized it. Other than the frame of the door, the other side had simply looked like the rest of the passageway they were already in. But when the door slammed shut behind him he was blinded by a brilliant flash of light and a sensation of feeling as if he were falling came over him, making him feel slightly dizzy.

A wave of intense heat flowed around him as the light faded. Joachim gasped in surprise. He was in a huge underground cavern. A bright red glow gave the whole area a surreal appearance. He looked around and stopped when he caught sight of what looked like a giant dragon sleeping in one corner. He stepped back a bit and stopped when he realized that there was an edge behind him.

Joachim turned and looked. There was an exit from the cavern on the opposite side, but the only way there was to jump from pillar to pillar. He looked over the edge and down, ignoring the wave of heat that came up. It was a good distance down, but there was no mistake. The pillars were surrounded by lava.

[I]One slip,[/I] he thought, [I]and I?m dead![/I] A rustling sound from the dragon caused him to whirl around. To his relief the dragon had only stretched and didn?t appear to have awakened. Joachim waited for his pounding heart to settle a bit before looking back at the pillars. [I]I need to find one that?s close.[/I] He thought. [I]If it?s too far, the sound of my landing on it could wake the dragon up![/I]

He spotting one that looked close enough that a simple jump would do. It was even close to what appeared to be a series of small pillars close to each other. Joachim began to move towards the first pillar. [/COLOR]
[CENTER]
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-teleportcard2.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-joachim.png[/img][/CENTER]

[COLOR=Navy]Janet didn't know how long she stayed in the same position, sobbing from the stress of all the situations she was facing, and the desire to find her way out of the maze to get back to her children. She continued to cry until her voice was hoarse and she had no more tears. She scrubbed the tears away with her hands and weakly picked herself up.

[B]"I have to get out of here. My children need me..."[/B] she whispered, the phrase becoming a mantra to fuel her determination.

For the first time she paid attention to the area she was in, the scattered pieces of Ayame were still visible only a few metres away from her. Janet continued walking and saw a mangled mess crumpled at the base of one of the stone walls, a bloody mess on the wall from where she guessed the body had been smashed against. She was reluctant but wanted to find out who it was, lifting their head. She wanted to throw up again but there was nothing left in her stomach. Kalas' eyes had been poked out and his skull was smashed in, the only way she could tell it was him was from the blood matted hair. Taking in the body she couldn't take it, leaning against the wall and dry heaving. She was as weak as a newborn kitten, all her strength had abandoned her after the crying and vomitting.

Janet willed herself to leave the area because it was a disgusting scene that she didn't want to linger in any more. She leaned against the wall and slowly followed the stone corridor. Ahead of her, at the end of the long hall she could see an opening to a rocky looking area. She contemplated heading back to see if there was another way out, but she didn't want to see the bodies again. She pushed forward and looked around at the wide area, it looked like a valley, the sides of it forming the walls of the maze. Janet could just see the door on the other side of the valley, but there was an obstacle ahead of her. A very large obstacle.

[B]"What a monstrosity!"[/B] she gasped, staring at the moving pile of rocks and clay in front of her.

The golem groaned, shifting onto its feet. The creature's small beady black eyes sweeped the valley, finally landing on Janet's form. It made slow groaning noises which sounded like it was trying to communicate, and slowly lumbered forward.

She didn't know what to do, all she did was watch as it reached out a hand toward her, getting steadily closer with its large steps. Each foot fall made the ground shake and Janet was afraid of the towering giant, since she couldn't fight. Her hand went to her pocket, finding a few seeds that she had left. She decided to take a chance, pulling her hand from her pocket and drawing it back. As the golem got closer she released the seeds, watching as the vines began to grow all over the creature almost immediately. The monster roared furiously, thrashing to try to remove the plaguing vines that were crawling all over it. It took a few stumbling steps forward before it lost its balance. Janet realised too late that she was in a bad position, and she was too weak to run away.

[B]"NOOO!! My children need me!!!"[/B] she cried as she tried to get out of the way futilely.

The golem collapsed heavily, crushing Janet beneath its heavy weight. Several minutes later the rock and clay broke apart from the plants sinking into the cracks, but it was too late. Janet had been killed on impact, already weakened.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-deathcard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-janet.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Now what do I do? Callisto thought. The door that Joachim had stepped through had vanished. Taking him with it. Hesitantly he stepped forward, reaching out to where the door had just been. There was nothing but air. It was if the door had never existed.

?[B]What do you care?[/B]? A voice whispered in the air.

Startled Callisto whirled around, but there was no one there!

?[B]You miss the sword not the boy.[/B]? It continued.

Callisto turned frantically, but the passageway was empty!

?[B]Who?s there?[/B]? He cried out.

?[B]You are.[/B]? It continued in the same raspy whisper. ?[B]I am but a part of you. Your selfish desire to use that boy for your own survival.[/B]?

?[B]That?s not true! You can?t be me![/B]? Callisto insisted.

?[B]Oh really? Then why did you dodge to avoid the flames from the bird on the pillar? It never even crossed your mind to save the boy, only your own precious hide.?[/B] It accused.

Callisto moved until his back was against the wall, a quick glance both ways showed he was still alone. [I]Am I going mad?[/I] He wondered.

The voice chuckled, ?[B]You already are mad![/B]?

?[B]No! Stop playing games and show yourself![/B]? He demanded.

?[B]Are you sure you can handle it? After all the boy?s precious sword isn?t here to protect you anymore.[/B]? It replied.

?[B]Damn it! I was not using the boy to protect myself![/B]? Callisto asserted forcefully.

Delighted chuckles echoed though the passageway. ?[B]Very well, but remember, you asked me to show myself.[/B]?

A shadowy presence began to appear in front of Callisto, taking the shape of a man, then ultimately his own. It was like looking at a mirror of himself, only in shades of black and gray, other than the red glowing eyes that pierced him to his soul. Chilling him.

?[B]What are you?[/B]? Callisto asked as he glanced back and forth. ?[B]And what do you want with me?[/B]?

?[B]I told you fool, I am you! I am the darkness that dwells in your own heart.[/B]? It lunged at Callisto, catching him by surprise. Wrapping one hand around his throat and the other behind his back. Callisto reached up in a vain attempt to pry his hand lose. His shadow self remained silent while he tried all sorts of things to get free.

?[B]Don?t you understand fool.[/B]? It hissed at him. ?[B]I am part of you, your attempts to get free are useless. Until the darkness within your heart is gone, I will remain.[/B]?

Callisto struggled even harder as the creature tightened its grip. [I]It?s too strong![/I] He thought.

?[B]It?s time that we were one again.[/B]? The creature hissed at him. As if to mock Callisto?s weakness it easily pulled him forward until their faces were nearly touching. And then it kissed him lightly on the lips.

The moment their lips touched, Callisto felt a terrible coldness spread over his body, as if he were being drained. [I]What?s happening to me?[/I] He thought in panic. [I]It?s like my energy is being drained![/I] He clawed desperately at the creature to no avail. Then their lips met once again. This time the cold was painful as it burned though his body robbing him of his strength. The creature pulled back once more staring into Callisto?s eyes.

?[B]Time for the darkness to reign.[/B]? It whispered as it moved in for the final kiss.

[I]Maybe he?s right.[/I] Callisto thought in despair. [I]Without the kid and his sword I?m useless. I don?t know how to beat this thing. If only I had some way to get free![/I]

Suddenly Callisto found himself hovering in the air a few feet away from the creature. Flapping his wings. [I]My wings? What the heck?[/I] He thought.[I] How did I get over here? And how did I turn into a bird?[/I]

?[B]Very clever, but that won?t be enough to save you.[/B]? The shadow whispered. ?[B]You may have changed your shape but the darkness still remains.[/B]? It raised its hands and before Callisto could get out of the way, a wave of darkness hit him, knocking him to the floor. He felt himself change back to his human shape. Before he could even wonder how he had managed to turn into a bird, the shadow was on top of him pinning him to the floor.

?[B]I told you it was time for the darkness to reign.[/B]? It said. It kissed him again, draining the rest of Callisto?s life force.

[I]I hope the kid makes it out okay[/I] Callisto thought as the numbing cold crept over his body and his vision began to fail.

With a satisfied hiss the wraith changed from the human shape it had assumed back to the shadowy mist it truly was. Then it merged with the wall to wait for the next one to come along. [/COLOR]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-deathcard.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-callisto.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

[font=tahoma][color=darkslategray]Maya stared downward into what seemed to be an endless sky. She closed her eyes and sighed to herself.

[b]"Truly, the fates toy with me."[/b] she said aloud to herself as she began searching around the room with her eyes for another way out. Her search was interuppted by a faint voice in her head. This one...for some reason was clear as day, unlike the muffled voices of before.

[center][color=green][b][i]'Faith will bring you structure...heed the calling of your heart...'[/b][/i][/color][/center]

[b][i]'Faith?...what would this mean?'[/b][/i] Maya thought to herself as she stared down into the clouds. She felt the breeze ffom below as she took a moment to enjoy it. She foud it hard to believe that anything within this hellhole of a place could be enjoyable, but she knew the horrors weren't at an end yet. It then struck her as she continued to stare downward.

[b][i]'Faith will bring me...structure? That can't be it...can it?'[/b][/i] Maya thought to herself as she reseated herself so her legs hung off the edge of the trap door, her feet dangling down toward the clouds. She reached down and took one of her shoes off and tossed it lightly downward, and watched as it landed plainly ontop of a cloud as if it were solid.

[b]"So that is it. I suppose it is better then staying up here to rot."[/b] Maya said, as she closed her eyes and dropped her body down toward the cloud. With a soft thud, she landed on top of the cloud leaving only a small inprint of her body on the soft surface. She peered over the edge of the cloud and saw a pattern of steps she intended on taking. She took the same shoe from before and tossed it onto the next cloud, to test that one as well. It landed safely again.

Maya leaped and landed on the next cloud down. She continued with the same tactic, throwing her shoe making sure the clouds were safe to be on before leaping to each one. Before long she was able to see a field of grass and flowers below, it seemed finally as if the sky had an end. Maya found it hard to fathom how complex this place actually was, as everything started as a maze and as everyone split it seemed to have no limits as to what shapes and forms it could take.

As she descended one more cloud, a cold and killing intend began to alert Maya's senses once again. She became concerned, wondering if something was to befall her before she reached the ground. Her suspicions were soon put to sleep however as she was now in range to see the field clearly, as well as an upheavel in the ground in the distance. In front of that were more upheavels, all of which with extravagent size.

[b][i]'It seems something burrows within these grounds...'[/b][/i] she thought to herself as she looked around for more instances. Over to the left however, she noticed a small girl romping around in the field of flowers, picking some as she went on. Maya slightly recognized her, she believe she saw her back with the others in the graveyard. She frantically looked around for more clouds and saw only 3 more before the ground, but they were quite far. She thought it best to try and call out to her first, though she didn't recall her name.

Feng Li took a break from picking for a second and gazed around, as she began to feel the earth move. The sense Maya felt started to take physical form on the ground below.

[b]"An earthquake or something? Well that dosen't seem too dangerous...there's nothing to fall on me!"[/b] Feng said to herself, trying to be brave in the potential face of danger.

By this point Maya has screamed out for the "little girl" to be careful around 3 times, but it seemed as if her voice could not carry well enough. Maya readied herself to try again but she was interuppted by the ground beggining to quake and crack only a few yards away from Feng. From below the ground arose a frightful looking beast of lore, but exaggerated in size. Maya recognized it clearly as a minotaur, it propped itself up on 4 legs as it stood almost as high as the clouds themselves. Feng was still content with pre-occupying her time with the flowers, assuming everything that was happening was a harmless earthquake.

The minotaur stalked after Feng slowly as Maya tried screaming again, but again to no avail. She decided she had to get down there as fast as she could to warn her. Maya quickly grabbed the shoe off of her other foot and tossed it down to the closest cloud. Only this time the shoe went clear through.

[b]"No...why would it stop here?"[/b] Maya said to herself, discouraged. She looked down and saw Feng Li staring up into the sky with an annoyed look on her face. She wondered if Feng had noticed her.

[b]"Owwww! Hey! Who the heck is throwing shoes!?"[/b] Feng said, rubbing her head from where the high heel had hit her. Feng was now turned around as she froze in place next, as she finally saw the giant minotaur only feet away from her. Feng's eyes began to quiver and tears involounteeringly flowed from them. She felt so much fear at that time, all the faux bravery left her body.

[b]"Well, I guess that worked too...at least she sees it now!"[/b] Maya said as she watched on hoping she would run. But Feng was frozen in place, not knowing what to do.

[b]"No! Don't stand still little one, run! You must run!"[/b] Maya yelled, hoping Feng would hear her. The minotaur leaned it's head down toward Feng as she stared into it's enclosed teeth, frightened to death. Maya clinched her hands and bowed her head down to the cloud, thinking hard of something she could do. So many things ran through her mind, the perils facing that little girl pained her so much. She couldn't shake the cryptic patterns running through her mind, forcing themselves out of her mouth aloud, as if her spirit began to manifest itself sub-consciously.

[b][i][color=purple]"De Dyaus Pita, Fo Parjanya, Pi Sarasvati, Aten Ha Bes Ma'at, Vayu! Apas! Parjanya![/color][/b][/i]

The incantation seemed to take hold of Maya's tongue, as the sky grew dark, and the very cloud she was on began to moisten and grow cold. Feng noticed a drop of rain fall on her nose, as it seemed to snap her out of her daze. The minotaur took it's oppurtunity and lunged it's head at Feng, mouth open prepared to tear her to shreds.

Feng fell backwards in a single motion and screamed out loudly as she place her hands infront of her face in an instinctive action of self-preservation. As the minotaur grew within arms length of her, the beasts's eye became engulfed in flames. It reeled back and swung it's head wildly trying to ease the pain of the fires. Feng opened her eyes slowly, surprised she was still alive. She looked at her hands, as the fires around them dimmed down and all that was left was smoke.

[b][i]'Huh...it, it happened again!'[/b][/i] was all Feng could say to herself as she watched the beast writhe in pain. She knew it wasen't going to stop him for good though, it still had one good eye and there was no doubt it was angered now.

The minotaur recovered finally and thrusted forward for Feng again but a bolt of lightning shooting down from the sky kept it from reaching her. The minotaur looked up as the sky now poured down rain, complete with violent winds and lightning. Maya stayed herself in her position, literally still like a statue as if possessed. The lightning continued to shoot down, forcing the minotaur to back itself away each time. It was clearly afraid of the lightning, as Feng tried to shelter herself from the rain with her arms. The minotaur dug it's way back into the ground to avoid the lightning and began to burrow itself away from their position.

Maya broke out of her trance and fell slightly onto the cloud. She looked down and saw Feng sheltering herself from the rain. She waved her hand and the intense wind blew the remaining three clouds closer to one another, she figured if the top one was a normal cloud, one of the bottom ones must be solid enough to hold her. She leaped down and fell through the first two clouds, falling with a soft thud on the bottom one, and from there down to the ground onto a think pile of grass.

Feng looked up and saw Maya seated in the grass. Maya dashed over to Feng and helped her up.

[b]"Child, we must go. There is a good chance the beast may return once the storm dies down."[/b] she said, as she lifted Feng. They began to run the opposite direction from where the minotaur came, hoping the storm would buy them some time. Feng looked up confused at her, she didn't know who Maya was or why she was helping her but she was willing to take her chances.

[b][i]'The storm...did this woman do that? How scary...'[/b][/i] Feng thought to herself as they continued running.

Meanwhile, Scott was wandering by himself wondering what was in store for him after seeing Feng run off by herself into the door. He leaned against a stone wall to rest, but it was short lived as the wall caved in and crumbled forcing Scott to tumble inward down a steep tunnel. Jagged rocks made the fall painful, but not enough to induce any major wounds. Scott crashed through another seemingly fallible wall and rolled a ways before his momentum died down.

[b]"Geez...can't even get a moment's rest can I?"[/b] he said, taking his glasses off the ground and placing them back on his face.

Scott got up and clutched his side slightly where most of the pain from the fall was concentrated. He limped a bit toward the only opening aside from the one he fell through. He walked through the archway and came to a giant cylindrical room, with pathways hugging the walls in spiral staircase fashion. He looked down and saw ground, so he was not very far up. Upwards however he noticed a large object hanging from the middle of what he presumed to be a ceiling, since he couldn't actually see it past the size of the object. It seemed to have an opening on the bottom of it's oval and ridged shape, with green and yellow think liquid dripping from the opening.

[b]"Don't need to be an architect to know that whatever that is, can't be a good sign."[/b] He said, as he reluctantly started descending the spiral staircase while keeping a watchful eye on the giant hive like structure.
[/color][/font]

[SIZE=1]Lita rose from her grave for the second time in the Labyrinth. She climbed from her grave and looked around confused at what had just actually happened. She quickly dashed from the Nexus into a near by passage way, her heart beating loudly inside her head.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-lifecard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-lita.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

[B]?Didn?t I just?? [/B] Lita didn?t have any time to think further on the subject, for as she turned a door way appeared right in front of her and she had no choice but to step through. The hedge lined passage way left her behind and she found herself standing in a field of beautiful flowers.

[B]?This is different??[/B] she spoke to no one as she looked around, the field felt calm. Certainly not as threatening as everywhere else she had been. Lita felt compelled to walk amongst the flowers, she actually felt herself smiling. Had she actually found the way out of this awful place? Lita walked and walked, feeling quite relived and happy with herself. That was until she saw two figures running towards her through the field of flowers.

[CENTER]-----------[/CENTER]

Maya and Fang saw another figure coming towards them in the distance. Maya felt no threat from the presence but Fang was frightened that it may be another monster. As they got closer they realized that the figure wasn?t a monster but another person. Fang stood by Maya?s side as they meet.

[B]?Come with us quickly, there is a Minotaur not far behind us. We must move as far away as possible.?[/B] Maya grabbed Lita by the hand before she could say or think a word and the three females began to run.

[B]?A what is behind us??[/B] Lita spoke in between breaths, looking behind her as she ran with Fang and Maya.

[B]?A Minotaur, a fearsome beast of legend, it almost claimed this child?s life.?[/B] Maya gestured towards Fang. Fang looked increasingly worried that the beast would show up again, Lita just looked even more confused that before. The three continued running until they almost collapsed from the effort. Lita fell into the flowers exhausted, as Fang and Maya did the same beside her.

[B]?Do you think it has gone?? [/B] Fang questioned. Maya tried to look as reassuring as possible.

[B]?If we keep moving child then I believe we have a chance of escape? [/B] Fang looked angry as she crossed her arms and pouted.

[B]?You didn?t answer my question lady.?[/B] Maya was about to open her mouth to speak when the ground began to shake. The three females huddled close together, looking in all directions for a sign to what was causing the quakes. An answer soon appeared in the form of another, or the same Minotaur. Fang desperately looked the creature up and down, it had a burnt eye, it was the same creature.

[B]?But how did it follow us and get here so quick?!?[/B] She shrieked. Maya moved the child behind her in some sort of vein move to protect her. Lita just stood and stared and the massive beast, paralyzed with fear, Maya had to grab Lita by the shoulders and jerk her backwards to break her trance.

[B]?We have to do something!? [/B] Fang spoke in a half cry. Maya?s head was filled with muddled voices she couldn?t understand and questions that needed to be answered. Like why didn?t she feel the beast?s arrival like before? It appeared so suddenly, and how? She tried to conjure another storm like the last but she felt too exhausted the words wouldn?t form on the tip of her tongue. [I]?Curse you fates!? [/I] her mind screamed. Maya?s through process was interrupted by soothing sound coming from her left. It took her a long time to register that it was Lita who was the one singing. The woman?s singing felt immediately calming to her, Fang seemed soothed by the music also.

[B]?The monster! Look!?[/B] Fang pointed to the Minotaur, who had begun to un-naturally sway in time with Lita?s singing. As Lita sang she gestured for Maya and Fang to begin to retreat, they followed her command and began to walk backwards away from the beast but still facing it. Lita had started to sing because she felt extremely nervous and very frightened, she had no idea it would have that effect on the beast. As Maya and Fang began to retreat so too did Lita. The beast began to sway even more as she continued to sing and it looked as through it would fall asleep any minute. Lita smiled in triumph as the beat swayed one last time and hit the ground with a loud thud and a shower of flower petals.

Lita stopped singing and ran to catch up with Fang and Maya who were still moving backwards away from the monster. Lita?s smile rapidly began to fade when she saw Fang trip backwards and begin to fall. Everything was slow motion to Lita as Fang fell her wrist collided with a rock sending a loud shriek of pain out of the girl?s mouth. Maya cringed at the girls scream as the Minotaur woke with a start from its magical slumber.

Its one good eye popped open and it began to charge, very angrily, towards the thing it suspected made the noise that woke it. Fang screamed once more as she saw the beast charge directly for her. It seemed that the creature could move fast if it really wanted too. Maya screamed as she thrust herself in front of the child. She would not stand by and watch another die!

Instead of collecting Fang as it originally wanted, the beast collected Maya instead, rolling over with her firmly in its jaws. Maya couldn?t help but scream from the pain. Beast and woman disappeared from Lita and Fangs view as they were both suddenly engulfed in lightening, wind and heavy rain.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-deathcard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-maya.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Lita did the only thing she could think of doing at the time, which was to grab the little girl while she had the chance and get the hell out of there. She snatched up fang and turned only to be met with another doorway. Fang and Lita had no choice but to tumble through. They landed on the ground with a thud, they had not noticed yet, but Lita and Fang were surrounded by sand.

---

*Crys*, I really didn't want to do that. :([/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Scott was growing more and more apprehensive as he descended the staircase. Despite the fact he could see where he was going, after experiencing other things in this maze he couldn't help but feel paranoid. That foreboding feeling that something, anything, was about to happen to him.

The hive-type structure wasn't helping, either, and the oozing liquid made dull thudding sounds as it hit the ground. Scott didn't notice as the substance seemed to solidify once it had hit solid ground, instead keeping his intent gaze on the steps in front of him.

He eventually reached the bottom and leant against a wall, catching his breath and running a finger under his collar. The air was stifling and he could feel a slick sweat covering his neck. It was then he noticed the wax, or whatever it was, forming into something. The greenish, almost statue like being was growing taller and taking shape. He squinted as the face started to developed features, and realised with slight embarrassment that the creature was in the shape of a naked woman. He stepped forward, unable to stop himself from taking a closer look, before he recoiled in horror. The face that had taken shape was now looking at him directly, and the pale eyes he couldn't look away from were those of his wife.

The mouth, still tinted green, twisted into a mocking smile, and in a matter of seconds the room was enveloped in a dark that was almost palpable.

[B]"Wh-What...? I don't--"

"Understand? You never did, Scott..."[/B] the woman's voice seemed far away and yet so loud at the same time. Her mouth moved as if it was out of sync, and her movements seemed slow and deliberate as she started making her way toward the stricken man. Try as he might, Scott just couldn't pull himself away, and instead stumbled pitifully to the floor. Then his wife, no, this monster was on him, her unreal legs pinning him down while small hands traced patterns on his chest. Scott was more frightened than he had ever been before and whimpered as the waxy fingers ran over his lips. The creature smirked again, her horribly beautiful mouth opening slightly as she spoke again.

[B]"I want you to remember your nightmares. I want you to feel pain. Pain like I felt when you wouldn't trust me!"[/B]

The dark was all encompassing and Scott couldn't even see the monster any more, only vaguely feeling its pressure against his abdomen. He felt blind and was sure he'd be sick, until the flashing of images took away all other thought.

All of a sudden he saw a creature, hideous and bleeding, seeming to pulsate within as it's fetid skin crawled and bloated. It dragged itself toward him, mouth like a bloody gash across what Scott could only assume to be a head. Its hand stretched out, grabbing and scratching and leaving bloody trail marks across the solid dark beneath its body. Scott screamed inside but couldn't open his mouth, all logical thought pushed away as one of the bloody claws grasped his ankle. He bit his tongue and tasted harsh blood, feeling his bladder give way at the same time. The only sound that met his ears was the cruel laugh of the creature in his wife's form, and the gasping, wheezing noise of the creature before him.

It was moving up his body, over his knees now and--oh, ****--the smell was disgusting. The stench of rotting flesh and urine burned Scott's nostrils, and now the mouth was by his face, those hands gripping onto his cheeks and digging in with inhuman power. He felt his skin rip and his eyes bulge, biting right through his tongue as his teeth grit together.

Pain. Blood. Darkness. The mouth opened wide and Scott's last sight was that of his wife's face.

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-deathcard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-scott.png[/IMG]

[B]OOC: Shame, and I liked him. Hope that makes up for me not posting, Sandy. x_x[/B][/SIZE]

[font=tahoma][color=darkslategray]Joachim hoverd his body over the edge between the main ground and the first pillar. The pit was deep, but the lava below was obvious from it's heat and the sound. He peered back up and watched the sleeping dragon.

[b][i]"How am I going to get out of this? The concept seems simple but who knows if i can really do it?"[/b][/i] Joachim thought to himself. He took multiple deep breaths and held the hilt of the Kusanagi on his side for good luck. He took a decent sized leap onto the first pillar and landed with the soles of his feet half off each edge. He balanced himself rather quickly and noticed his stance was not wide what so ever. With his feet within inches of each other, and yet half of his feet still stuck out over the edge. He exhaled and looked up at the dragon first, it was still sleeping. He now searched with his eyes for the next closest pillar.

He noticed the one directly to his right, as he turned his body slowly and carefully. He inhaled deeply again as he inched as close to the edge of the first pillar as he could. He counted to 3 in his head and jumped over to the next pillar, this time slipping a little with his left foot before grabbing hold of the edges wit his hands. Some tiny rocks crumbled from the impact of his body hitting the pillar, as they rolled down and found their place in the sea of lava. Joachim jolted his head up to check on the status of the dragon. It's head moved subtly, but it seemed like it was still asleep.

[b]"Man...there's gotta be another way..."[/b] Joachim said aloud, sweat drops clearly forming around his head. He looked over at the other end of the gorge. 7 pillars left...he detested the idea of jumping between them all. He sighed deeply and positioned himself for the next jump. He began his countdown again...

[center]* * * * *[/center]

[center][b]One...[/b][/center]

His breathing got more rapid, to match his heartbeat. The dragon's eyelids seemed to move but Joachim had no time to confirm.

[center][b]...two...[/b][/center]

Joachim flexed his calves, getting ready for the jump.

[b][i]'This is no problem, I can do this...just stay focused.'[/b][/i] he repeated to himself in his head. The dragon began to move down, it's eye eased open very slowly as it surveyed the area quickly, seeing the young boy attempting to traverse the pillars.

[center][b]...THREE![/b][/center]

Joachim leaped toward the next one, but a giant gust of wind emitting from the giant dragon's breathe forced Joachim off course and send him flying backwards clearly stray from the path of pillars. Joachim's body plummeted downward as a brief yet powerful scream came from his mouth.

[b][i]'No...this is it...i'm going to die! I'm going to succumb to the traps in this damn place just like everyone else, why did this have to happen to us...WHAT DID WE DOOO!?'[/b][/i] Joachim screamed in his head as he neared the lava. His doom seemed impendent until a light breeze encircled his left arm. His arm jolted out on it's own as the Kusanagi thrusted into the side of the gorge, Joachim's momentum stopped abruptly as he hung on to the sword which was now embedded.

[b]"You...saved me again. This is what now...the third time? Man, do i even deserve to be saved?"[/b] Joachim said aloud, adrenaline pumping through his body at this point. Joachim's eyes grew more focused and he even began to grow angrier. He was tired of feeling like a ragdoll and he knew if he was going to survive on his own he had to start being tougher. He found himself drawing most of his strength from Callisto during the time they spent together, but now they were seperated...

[b]Fine! I'll thank you for saving me so many times by asserting my own strength into you! Don't give up on me, ok?[/b] he yelled at the sword as he glanced upward to see the Dragon crashing through the pillars with it's wingspan, jetting straight for the dangling Joachim. Joachim started intently at the dragon as it approached at top speed. Mere feet away the dragon thrusted it's head, mouth open at Joachim. Joachim stepped off the wall and leaped as far upward as he could and pulled the sword out of the wall causing him to drop. The dragon's teeth crunched into the rocks as Joachim aimed for it's leg and thursted the sword into the creature's leg, drawing blood and forming a stable grip for him.

The dragon roared in pain and took a chunk out with it's teeth before spreading it's wings again and flying straight through the ceiling of the cavern. Joachim held on with all of his might as he started to slowly climb up the creature's leg, clutching his arm around as hard as he could while he used the sword as a step each time he shimmied up further. The dragon waved his foot about everytime his leg was pierced, trying to drop the boy but it was to little avail. The sword's power held onto Joachim, assisting his own strength.

The lava filled cavern was in the distance now as the dragon soared through the skies at a low altitude. Joachim dared not look down, as he gritted his teeth nearing the neck of the dragon. In under a minute's time Joachim made his last stab and propped himself up and seated split-legged on top of the dragon's neck.

[b]"This is your last flight!"[/b] Joachim yelled as he took the sacred blade and cut halfway into the creature's neck, forming an exceptionally deep horizontal wound. The Dragon bobbed his head back from the pain and began to drop it's altitude unwillingly. The area they were flying over came into view as it seemed to be a giant garden, complete with grass and flowers of all sorts. Joachim felt relieved that their crash landing wouldn't be in as scary of a place as the dragon's lair. He closed his eyes and held on tight expecting to be thrown off from the impact.

The dragon fully lost control of it's motion as it fell sharply into the ground beneathe, launching Joachim a good twenty feet forward. Joachim braced himself as he hit the ground hard and rolled a good distance before falling into a 6 foot deep ditch around the size of a burial site. Joachim fell only about 3 feet horever before he crashed into something soft and hard at the same time.

[b]"My goodness! What is this about? You...you are the boy with the sword?"[/b] the voice came. Joachim slowly opened his eyes and tilted his neck up to look at who was with him. There was much pain in his body, but his wounds were cut to a minimum thanks to the Kusanagi. Joachim saw flowing purplish hair and noticed he was laying against her chest, which was the soft part. After noticing he prompty jolted his head back in embarrasment, only to cause himself more pain.

[b]"Argh! I...i'm sorry..."[/b] Joachim mustered out, clutching the back of his neck. [b]"You...i've seen you before. So you survived as well."[/b]

[b]"I fear it's more complicated then that, child. I was dead in fact...but the fates seem to favor my return to this wretched place. Though i know not why, there must be a reason for it. Come, let us get out of this hole."[/b] she woman said, offering Joachim a boost. Joachim reached up and crawled himself out. He reached his arm down and helped the woman out as well.

[b]"My name is Joachim, by the way."[/b]

[b]"Pleased to meet you, Joachim. I am Maya."[/b]

[center]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-lifecard.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-maya.jpg[/IMG]
[/center]

[b]"Hey! You look hurt, are you alright?"[/b] came a young high pitched voice from behind Joachim. Joachim turned his head and noticed a little girl standing these, accompanied by an older woman who was huffing and puffing, seemingly from running so much.

[b]"Feng, Lita! You both are alright?"[/b] Maya asked, surprised she had been placed in the very place that served as her previous demise.

[b]"Yes...but the minotaur...*pant pant*...it's still behind us!"[/b] Lita said in a shaky voice, fighting to catch her breathe at the same time.

[b]"I see...it seems we will only be rid of it one way."[/b] Maya said as she stood up straight. Feng placed her hand on Joachim's shoulder and neck and started to work her healing power. She seemed to have gotten a hang of that part much more then the manifestation of flames. Joachim winced and screamed out as it hurt before it began to heal. Lita watched on in disbelief, she had no idea that little girl had such a power.

[b]"T..thank you. I suppose the only good thing about this is that thanks to my sword my injured aren't as serious as they probably should be."[/b] Joachim said as he held it's hilt still in his left hand.

The rumbling of the ground drew closer to them, as the burrowed minotaur broke through yet again and stood opposite of the slayed dragon from the fiery lair. The 4 of the remaining individuals stood and faced it, struck with both fear and anxiety. Maya's words were right, between them they posessed amazing powers...whether it was possible or not, they had to try and rid themselves of this beast.

Joachim pointed his sword forward and readied himself, praying in his head for the Kusanagi to lend him it's power once again. Maya stood, arms crossed with a determined look on her face. She wanted revenge, not just for herself though...but for all those she had to watch die. To her, it was justice. Lita's eyes shook as she looked at the massive beast, but she drew courage from the others beside her, she wasen't sure what she could do...but she would find some way to be helpful. Feng backed up a little, trying to get her hands to flame up again...she wasen't sure exactly how to control it fully yet, but she was determined to help the others fight it off. She wanted the minotaur to pay for trying to kill her, and for killing Maya who protected her.

[b]"We can do this..."[/b] Joachim said, as the four nodded in agreement.

[/color][/font]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]The enfuriated Minotaur approached the four people, lost to the magicks of the Labyrinth. Blood gushed out of it's blinded eye, and it's enormous horns were glistening, ready to impale the puny humans.

Feng Li glutched Lita Rossi's legs, and Lita held the hand of Maya Ashnard,who was uttering prayers to Allah with her eyes closed, while Joachim Gale stood before the three females, holding his mighty sword in front of him with shaking arms.

Very unexpectedly, the world around them twirled.

[center][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-teleportcard2.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-feng.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-joachim.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-lita.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-maya.jpg[/IMG][/center]

The four found themselves in a place that could only be describe as black-and white. There were black lines and white lines, and black spots and white spots, and black light and white light. It was all like a piece of some type of early, simplistic computer art.

[B]"What [I]is[/I] this place?"[/B] Lita sobbed, her usual bravery vanished.

After their eyes and minds had adjusted to the weird environment, they saw a colored figure lying some distance from them.

[B] "I think I recognize that woman"[/B], Maya pondered. [B]"She was definately one of the people from the graveyard."[/B]

[B]"Is she... dead?"[/B] Feng Li asked curiously, stepping towards the huddled figure. Joachim tried to stop the little girl, but she was too fast for him.

[B]"Look! She's breathing!"[/B] Feng Li gasped as she got closer to the woman. The other three soon followed her. Lita touched the woman's head and hummed a little tune.

[B]"Oh... it hurts..."[/B] the woman sighed weakly.

[B]"Where does it hurt?"[/B] Lita asked gently, petting the woman's red hair.

[B]"No... My heart hurts... for the children"[/B], Janet Peterson answered, opening her indigo blue eyes.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-lifecard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-janet.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

The four others helped Janet up.

[B]"What a [I]terrifying[/I] place!"[/B] Janet gasped, looking around.

[B]"I wonder... Are we five the only ones left?"[/B] Maya pondered.

[B]"Never mind that, we need to get out of here!"[/B] Joachim said determinedly, searching the black-and-white surroundings for any trace of anomalities that could hint an exit.

[B]"YOU SOON WILL"[/B], a loud voice suddenly echoed everywhere around them. [B]"WELCOME TO [I]THE GATHERING[/I]! YOU FIVE PROOVED TO BE THE STRONGEST SPECIMENS BOTH PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY. NOW, ONLY THE FINAL ORDEAL REMAINS: [I]TO FIND THE WAY OUT[/I]."[/B]

[B]"Who are you?!"[/B] Lita screamed in panic.

[B]"Allah have mercy on us"[/B], Maya prayed by herself.

[B]"Show yourself, coward!"[/B] Joachim shouted, waving his sword around, almost injuring himself and his companions.

[B]"How [I]horrible[/I]..."[/B] Janet moaned, clutching her head.

[B]"Let us out!"[/B] Feng Li pleaded.

[B]"VERY WELL"[/B], the voice boomed, and suddenly everything warped again.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-round3.jpg[/IMG]
[SIZE=5]The Ending[/SIZE]
[I]"All Things Must Come to an End."[/I][/CENTER]

Janet Peterson was standing on a high hillside with four others. In front of them opened a view over the Labyrinth, and not that far in the horizon loomed an enormous archway.

It was quite plain and ordinary for a stone arch, aside from it's size, but to the five people on the hilltop it represented [I]hope[/I]. It was the way out.[/FONT]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Maya looked at the others gathered on the hill overlooking the Labyrinth and then back to the arch that was supposed to be the exit, but more importantly she looked at the ground between them and the arch. It appeared that who ever had brought them here was not though with them as there was still paths to be taken. And she was certain that what they had faced before was far from over. She could feel it, like an ominous presence looming in the air. Black, bitter and terrible, she could feel it waiting for the moment to strike.

?[B]I think we should stick together. I can?t describe it, but I get the feeling that what?s ahead of us will be more than one person can handle.[/B]? Maya spoke softly. She turned back to see the others watching her. Joachim and Feng Li merely nodded their heads in agreement. Lita hesitated, and then she too nodded as well.

Janet reached up to her pocket, remembering the seeds that had helped her before. Once again her pocket was full of seeds. This time she didn?t know how they got there, perhaps it was when she had been crushed beneath the monstrosity the vines had stopped for her? It was faint but it was almost if they were whispering to her, reassuring her that they would do all they could to protect her. And among all that was a feeling that she should go with them.

?[B]I agree.[/B]? Janet replied. ?[B]I too get the feeling that working together is our only hope.[/B]?

?[B]It looks like there is only one door into the remaining maze,[/B]? Joachim said indicating a huge gateway at the bottom of the hill. ?[B]There could be another entrance, but I don?t see one within sight.[/B]?

?[B]Then lets go[/B],? Lita said as she started down the hill with the others following closely behind her.

Within a very short time they walked through the huge gates which then closed behind them. A huge corridor stretched out as far as the eye could see in front of them. There were many passageways along the sides as well as sections that were made of many different materials. Some of the walls appeared to be stone, others hedges, some of glass, metal and a bright reflective substance that looked like a shimmering rainbow. And still looming off in the distance was the top of the arch that was the exit to the Labyrinth.

?[B]Shall we?[/B]? Feng Li said reaching up to take Janet?s hand.

Janet clasped her hand in hers. ?[B]Yes.[/B]?

?[B]By the way,[/B]? Feng Li asked Janet as the group walked down the main passage way towards the arch. ?[B]Did you ever find the girl the doll belonged to?[/B]?

Janet sighed. ?[B]No, I did not.[/B]?

?[B]I bet it belonged to a girl who was brought here before we were.[/B]? Feng Li said with certainty.

?[B]Why do you say that?[/B]? Janet asked.

?[B]Because the voice said we were the strongest specimens, so if only five of us remain, it means they?ve probably brought a lot of people here. And since you found the doll before we were brought to where the exit is, she probably got killed by a trap, like the old lady who was with me did. There was another girl when we got here, but she wasn't holding a doll.[/B]? Feng Li said.

Before Janet could reply Feng Li let go of her hand with an exclamation of surprise and ran forward a few feet and stopped.

?[B]What is it?[/B]? Maya asked. The others gathered behind her looking to see what had attracted her attention.

?[B]Look at the ground![/B]? Feng Li said pointing downwards. ?[B]It looks like it?s painted instead of real stones.[/B]?

Joachim pulled out his sword and poked the ground a few feet in front of them. With a crack the ground opened up like a trap door, the sides swinging down leaving a huge section over ten feet wide and thirty feet long exposed. The group inched forward and looked down. Huge spikes lined the bottom of the pit.

?[B]Lovely, now what do we do?[/B]? Lita groaned. ?[B]We can?t go back and there aren?t any other directions to take until after this pit. And I?m positive that I can?t jump that far.[/B]?

Janet leaned over the pit a bit in an attempt to see if there was a way to pull the sides back up and fasten them somehow. She got on her hands and knees and held on tight to the edge while she looked down the side.

?[B]What are you looking for?[/B]? Feng Li asked.

?[B]I?m not sure?wait a second![/B]? She exclaimed. ?J[B]oachim could you use your sword to pry one of the stones loose? It looks like there?s just dirt underneath the stones.[/B]?

?[B]I can try.[/B]? Joachim said.

Janet got up and the others moved out of the way as well. All of them curious as to what Janet had in mind. Joachim pulled out his sword and struck downwards with it. Instead of going between the stones like he had planned, it shattered the stone into several pieces. He put the sword back in its scabbard and then pulled the pieces out and set them aside.

?[B]Thank you.[/B]? Janet said. She reached into her pocket took out a few seeds and buried them in the soil. ?[B]Please help us get across[/B].? She asked the seeds before stepping back.

Before the others could ask her what she was doing a sharp crack filled the air as the ground exploded where the seeds had been planted. Vines crept down the side into the pit to reappear on the other side moments later, pushing stones out of the path on the other side. Then in a matter of minutes they pulled upwards from the bottom of the pit, growing thicker by the moment. A few minutes later a path of woven vines, each of them several feet thick nearly covered the pit.

?[B]Wow![/B]? Feng Li said. ?[B]So you can do cool stuff too![/B]?

?[B]Too?[/B]? Janet said, puzzled at Feng Li?s response.

?[B]It seems that all of us have gained some sort of skill since we arrived here.[/B]? Maya said. ?[B]Shall we?[/B]? she said with a nod towards the path the vines had made.

A few minutes later, all of them had crossed the vines and then continued towards the arch. Janet paused for a moment and turned back. ?[B]Thank you yet again.[/B]? She said to the vines before turning back and continuing with the rest of the group. [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Lita?s mind wondered as she walked with the group, what was really the point of all this? It made her sick to think of everything that had happened. It made her so mad, horribly mad to think that so many people had wound up here, not of their own free will and then ended up dead. They ended up dead for really no reason she could think of. That weird and scary voice from before probably had something to do with it all but she couldn?t be sure. Lita stomped her foot on the ground and let out a half scream, half frustrated yell.

[B]?Be quite girl, by Allah??[/B] Maya snapped, Lita face went red when she realized what she had done. Anything could be waiting for them ahead and she had just let them know where they all were, or at least where she was.

[B]?What?s the matter?? [/B] Joachim asked, resiting his sword on his shoulder.

[B]?I want to go home, right now, no more walking and fighting monsters!? [/B] Lita sobbed.

[B]?We all want to go home.? [/B] Fang replied, Lita nodded in agreement although still visibly upset. She couldn?t shake the thought that really no one was going to get out of here. Not her, not Fang, not this Maya person not any one of them. It really made her depressed; she never thought that she would die this early in her life.

[B]?Fang??[/B] Janet questioned randomly.

[B]?Yes?? [/B] The little girl replied seeming to look at her surrounding suspiciously, as if at any moment something was going to burst through a wall at her.

[B]?How old are you?? [/B] Janet was curious, they all were actually, that a girl so small as her could have ended up getting this far.

[B]?I'm 12!? [/B] everyone seemed generally surprised, Fang looked a lot younger than 12, she was almost in her ?teens? and they were all calling her little girl. Fang just kept walking along looking at everything. Joachim walked up beside Lita and nudged her; she nudged him back sort of angrily. She was still upset, not as bad but still.

[B]?Relax, well at least try and calm down a bit, ok??[/B] Lita nodded, he was right. If she didn?t calm down and get clear headed then she would end up dead like so many of the others. Lita looked up at the arch as she walked. It was the way out and they were almost there.

[B]?So close??[/B] she whispered.she whispered, Maya who was ahead of the group motioned for everyone to stop.

?What is it?!? Janet demanded, a worried look washed across everyone?s face. Maya mumbled something none of them could hear.

[B]?I don?t know, but everyone be careful.? [/B] Lita looked at Joachim who then looked at Fang; Fang looked at Janet who just shrugged and kept walking.[/SIZE]