OtakuBoards

Otakupedia Entries/Suggestions/Discussion thread

Charles

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][SIZE=2][color=#503F86]I wasn't there from the beginning though, so I'd need info on when it started and who first moderated it and stuff (it was you, Ginny and Digital_Monster when I started, as I recall), as well as any anecdotes you want to share.[/color][/SIZE][/QUOTE][size=1]I think Renee and Angel Saturn Healer were the first Digimods, although I might be wrong about that. Send me a PM and perhaps we can work on it together?

[b]AzureWolf[/b]

AzureWolf is a member best known for both his contributions to OB discussion and his argumentative nature. He originally joined OtakuBoards on May 21, 2003 as a way to discuss the .hack.//SIGN anime series. It was in the short-lived .hack//SIGN forum that he helped to create the .hack//Directory, OB’s first thread directory.

When that forum was closed AzureWolf found himself posting regularly in both the Art Studio and General Discussion forums. He is notorious for his aggressive style of discussion, which often put him at odds with both members and staff. This is most evident in threads about OB (such as “Moderation”) where he engages in lengthy arguments over the most trivial of things. In spite of this (or perhaps because of it) he was awarded for his contributions to OB discussion during the 2005 OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty:

[quote name='Solo Tremaine']He's cynical, oft mistaken as being female and has a grudge against OBv7, but Azure still remains one of the most charming members of the board. I enjoy reading his posts, especially as he's one of the few people I know who'll make full use of the 'Reason for Editing Post' feature." -Solo Tremaine[/quote]

AzureWolf was also a prominent member of the myOtaku community early in the site’s history. Ironically it is there, rather than OB, where he formed some of his closest friendships with OB’s members. He remains active in Otaku Lounge to this day, occasionally venturing outside of the forum to post about other topics.

[u]Trivia:[/u]

Newer and less informed members often think that AzureWolf is a girl. This is not the case.[/size]

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1][u]Trivia:[/u]

Newer and less informed members often think that AzureWolf is a girl. This is not the case.[/size][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial][U]Addendum:[/U] It is that confounded "Azure" at the beginning of his name that is the most likely culprit for such a misconception.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial][U]Addendum:[/U] It is that confounded "Azure" at the beginning of his name that is the most likely culprit for such a misconception.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Concurred, because apparently "agreed" is too short to be posted by itself. :animesmil[/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
I'm just popping in (Oddly enough, I still occasionally browse around) to ask if somebody is willing to document that trend we had at some point of having "OB families", which were, unfortunately, mostly listed only in signatures?

• 1 month later...
I'd like to add an article.

[B][U]WAR[/U][/B]

WAR, as its first iteration was titled, was a poorly organized, poorly structured RP based very loosely upon the Dragonball universe. It was also among the oldest (if not the oldest) RPs in the Board's history, and it was the first franchise RP, spawning six sequels. The game was played in the Dragonball forum, as there was no forum designated for such things at the time.

WAR 1-4 were mainly just trips through the adolescent, DB-obsessed minds of will2x and thimoc, with WAR 5 likely being the high point of the series. However it was concluded in the most ridiculous deus-ex-machina of fashions, with famous Marvel comics characters showing up in the final moment to destroy the villain.

It ended rather quietly with WAR Legends going unfinished.

[B]Iterations:[/B]

WAR
WAR 2
WAR 3
WAR 4
WAR 5
WAR Legends

[B]Notable players:[/B]

will2x
thimoc
TOPAZ
Hbomb
KAMAKAZI
Oblivion
Cloud

[B]Notable Characters:[/B]

Will/Will2x
Thimoc
Tank
Ricco
Gochan
Attila
Kamakazi/Gail
Sephiroth
Oblivion
Goku's spirit
Seed
WAR
Evil

[B]Power Levels:[/B]

Perhaps the most interesting quirk in the storyline was the ridiculous power levels achieved by the characters in the game. Here is a list of all those I can recall:

Saiyans:
Oozaru
Super Saiyan
USSJ
SSJ2
SSJ3
SSJ4
Golden Oozaru
SSJ5
(presumably 6-9 were achievable, but I can't recall them being used)
SSJ10

Ultra Saiyan
USSJ2(Achievable only by Kamakazi, due to his cybernetic upgrade)
Ultra Oozaru(Similarly, only achievable by Kamakazi)

God form(Achievable only by Thimoc, due to his mysticism)
God form 2
God form 5
Infinite Oozaru(Achievable only by Kamakazi, by Thimoc's mysticism)
Infinite God(Similarly, only usable by Kamakazi)

Humans:
Super Human
SHJ2

God form(Achieved only by Will2x, due to Thimoc's mysticism, and by Oblivion, due to his close relationship with the gods)

That's all I can remember.

-Justin

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]I want to amend my article since it's been a long time and the ending no longer applies. If the last sentence could be replaced with....

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]"After a stint with nearly being banned for backseat moderating, DigitalBoy went on the create the popular RPG The Panopticon, which gained him a new set of friends among the moderators of OB. Over time, DigitalBoy created a few hit RPGs before essentially retiring from the business due to school activities. At one point, DigitalBoy decided to go on hiatus from the boards, opting to make it less of his main hideout and more of something he only checked so often, however no one noticed this because his posts were still so rediculously frequent. Recently, DigitalBoy has regressed almost solely into the music and anime sections of the site, only popping his head into the general discussions when really bored."[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[quote name='Circéus']I'm just popping in (Oddly enough, I still occasionally browse around) to ask if somebody is willing to document that trend we had at some point of having "OB families", which were, unfortunately, mostly listed only in signatures?[/QUOTE][color=#9933ff]Oh yeah! If someone would like to do an article on that, it'd be great! I remember doing the family tree in MS Paint. Here's a link if you'd like: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/RoxieFaye/OBGenealogy.png[/color]

• 2 months later...
[color=darkred][size=1]

I think it'd be a good idea, for the sake of new people and oldies alike, to change my name to my current one "Zen" in Otakupedia, being that there is no longer a member named The Boss.

A little update wouldn't be bad either.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Aceburner']I'm expecting Des's shenanigans for today to be chronicled somehow. Also, that Valentine's prank should be noted somehow.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Seconded, it's only a pity DragonWarrior isn't still around any more, I'm sure he could have made a wickedly funny OB story out of this.[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I'm loving the banner.

Just a reminder also... pranks/jokes/etc are no problem, but anything that either messes with the way OB functions or equates to really annoying spam isn't too good.

Does anyone know who the girls in the banner are? Maybe they should be our new mascots.[/font] :catgirl:

[color=#4B0082]The girls in the banner are Mai and Mii from the anime Popotan. [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caramelldansen][u]Wikipedia[/u][/url] has more info. The girl in the avatar is [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocaloid#Hatsune_Miku][u]Hatsune Miku[/u][/url].

Also, high quality PNG screen shots:[/color]

[URL=http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rachsunfallesloveshackyv4.png][IMG]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5836/rachsunfallesloveshackyv4.th.png[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aprilfools2008caramelldyo9.png][IMG]http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/5951/aprilfools2008caramelldyo9.th.png[/IMG][/URL]

[font=franklin gothic medium]When I clicked on that second screenshot I got a whole bunch of weird pop-ups.

Anyway, I do think those girls make good mascots for OB... I'll make sure to check out that Wikipedia article.
[/font]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Aceburner']Just so everyone knows, I'm expecting Des's shenanigans for today to be chronicled somehow. Also, that Valentine's prank should be noted somehow.

That is all.[/QUOTE]Funny you should mention that... I've been gathering information on this. I would have had it up sooner but I was getting chat logs from people since I thought it would be funnier to have their initial reactions. And you can all thank Crystia for that since she helped me get the logs. Hehe.

Also, the actual title of the article is up for changing... I just couldn't seem to think of a title so I just made one up. XP Anyway! Here it is!

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Desbreko?s Shenanigans - Or Epic Pranks Pulled At OtakuBoards[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
Over the years many pranks have been pulled at OtakuBoards for different reasons. The two most recent being one on Valentines Day where Des changed the title and description to The Lounge section of the boards to ?[B]Rach & SunfallE?s Love Shack:[/B][I] If this forum's a rockin' don't come a knockin'[/I]? to poke fun of the two moderators since in addition to moderating the forum together they are also dating in real life, something that most members were not aware of.

[CENTER][URL=http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rachsunfallesloveshackyv4.png][IMG]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5836/rachsunfallesloveshackyv4.th.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]
The other prank, done on April Fools was a poke at long time member Gavin who along with other members were teasing Rachmaninoff and SunfallE since both were nervous as to what kind of prank Desbreko would pull next. Since in the original thread: [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58713"][U]Look.... are you insinuating something?[/U][/URL] A thread made to poke fun of the couple on Valentines Day, members were making suggestions for how Des could prank them again on April Fools. In an ironic twist, it was Gavin who was targeted as his offhand comment in the thread:[B] ?I can't wait to see what Des has planned...so long at least as he doesn't turn the entire boards into one giant Caramelldansen video. *Shudders*?[/B] Gave Des the idea to do just that as can been seen in the following screenshot:

[CENTER][URL=http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aprilfools2008caramelldyo9.png][IMG]http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/5951/aprilfools2008caramelldyo9.th.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]
To fully understand the prank the girls at the top were an animated gif something that can be seen here: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caramelldansen][u]Wikipedia[/u][/url] just as the avatars themselves were also animated as well. Desbreko changed things so that everyone had the same dancing avatar and video of the girls dancing from youtube in every single signature throughout the entire site. Even the youtube videos in the threads were one of Hatsune Miku, the girl in the avatar, performing the Caramelldansen dance.

Both pranks were well received by the member base at OtakuBoards even if the recipients of said jokes had a slightly different view as can be seen here in AIM logs documenting their initial reaction to the pranks.

[B]Valentines Day[/B]

allamorph (3:03:07 AM): HOMG
Rachmaninoffmus (3:03:13 AM): ?
allamorph (3:03:16 AM): Rach & SunfallE's Love Shack
If this forum's a rockin' don't come a knockin'.
allamorph (3:03:22 AM): :-D
Rachmaninoffmus (3:03:26 AM): >_<
allamorph (3:03:40 AM): Wow.
allamorph (3:03:42 AM): Prank?
Rachmaninoffmus (3:03:45 AM): you are horrid
Rachmaninoffmus (3:03:57 AM): *DEAD*
allamorph (3:04:03 AM): You think I'm kidding?
Rachmaninoffmus (3:04:20 AM): oh my hell
Rachmaninoffmus (3:04:23 AM): What the
allamorph (3:04:33 AM): Oh, man.
Rachmaninoffmus (3:04:34 AM): Oh my bloddy hell
Rachmaninoffmus (3:04:38 AM): who did that?
allamorph (3:04:40 AM): That's not leaving my sig for a week.
Rachmaninoffmus (3:04:45 AM): bloody hell
allamorph (3:04:53 AM): Wow.
Rachmaninoffmus (3:04:55 AM): Oh my hell
Rachmaninoffmus (3:05:15 AM): oh my freakin hell!
allamorph (3:05:19 AM): :-D
Rachmaninoffmus (3:05:27 AM): Des!
allamorph (3:05:29 AM): I don't believe this.
Rachmaninoffmus (3:05:38 AM): Oh hell!
allamorph (3:05:40 AM): This is amazing.
allamorph (3:05:45 AM): Print screen!
Rachmaninoffmus (3:06:03 AM): *bangs head on desk repeatedly*

Rachmaninoffmus (3:08:32 AM): That just has to be Des's doing
Rachmaninoffmus (3:08:35 AM): Oh my hell!
Rachmaninoffmus (3:08:46 AM): Gods...
Rachmaninoffmus (3:08:52 AM): >_< I'm so dead
Rachmaninoffmus (3:08:57 AM): No one will ever forget that
Rachmaninoffmus (3:08:59 AM): EVER
Rachmaninoffmus (3:09:05 AM): NEVER EVER

Rachmaninoffmus (3:15:49 AM): When I saw that link you did... I thought it was to some picture... not this
Rachmaninoffmus (3:15:54 AM): not on OB
Rachmaninoffmus (3:16:00 AM): >_<
Rachmaninoffmus (3:16:21 AM): Oh good lord! Crystia will never ever let me forget it
allamorph (3:16:28 AM): Frill Indi!
Rachmaninoffmus (3:16:34 AM): Gods, she's going to sit there and laugh until she passes out
Rachmaninoffmus (3:16:40 AM): She'll show that to everyone!
allamorph (3:16:45 AM): [I]What do you think I'm doing?????[/I]

Allamorph (4:18:08 PM): :-D
SunfallE (4:18:16 PM): *flat stare*
SunfallE (4:18:23 PM): That horrible Des!
SunfallE (4:18:27 PM): >_<
Allamorph (4:18:33 PM): :-D
Allamorph (4:19:23 PM): What's hilarious is Darren thought I was pranking him last night when I showed him.
Allamorph (4:19:37 PM): He thought I'd dreamed up another image thimgummy.
SunfallE (4:19:49 PM): I know, he told me
SunfallE (4:20:12 PM): He thought you had sent him a link to some silly thing only to realize it was the boards. XP
Allamorph (4:20:34 PM): And then he spent three hours banging his head on a desk.
SunfallE (4:20:43 PM): So I've heard. XP
Allamorph (4:21:09 PM): Thank goodness for Prt Scrn.
Allamorph (4:21:11 PM): =P
SunfallE (4:21:25 PM): >_<
SunfallE (4:21:42 PM): That name... that description... *dies a million times*

SunfallE (4:35:14 PM): oh gods... it's confirmed... it was des
SunfallE (4:35:29 PM): Oh my HELL and HELL and HELL
Allamorph (4:35:38 PM): What.
SunfallE (4:35:49 PM): go read your thread
Allamorph (4:35:55 PM): Ooo!
SunfallE (4:36:06 PM): oh my hell
SunfallE (4:36:16 PM): that was like... back in... October
SunfallE (4:36:21 PM): *DEAD*
SunfallE (4:36:46 PM): He's been plotting this all this time!
SunfallE (4:36:53 PM): O_O
SunfallE (4:37:07 PM): GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Allamorph (4:37:28 PM): I like him now....
SunfallE (4:38:09 PM): I thought he was kidding!
SunfallE (4:38:12 PM): I mean....
SunfallE (4:38:15 PM): HELL
SunfallE (4:38:20 PM): That was last year!
SunfallE (4:38:22 PM): >_<
Allamorph (4:39:15 PM): He's also [I]good[/I].
SunfallE (4:40:42 PM): Allamorph! I had forgotten already!
SunfallE (4:40:50 PM): I mean that was forever and a day ago!
Allamorph (4:40:50 PM): Exactly.
Allamorph (4:41:06 PM): He's [I]very[/I] good.
SunfallE (4:43:11 PM): Gods... I really thought he was joking since nothing seemed to come out of it

[B]April Fools Day[/B]

[06:00:51] ZeitgeistGlee: You.
[06:01:03] ZeitgeistGlee: *Sighs*
[06:01:06] ZeitgeistGlee: Are evil.
[06:01:08] Desbreko145: har har
[06:01:27] ZeitgeistGlee: I just had to give you that idea didn't I ?
[06:01:49] Desbreko145: Yup

[06:02:24] ZeitgeistGlee: I hate you Des, so very, very much.
[06:03:14] Desbreko145: Be thankful. I tried to find a way to make only you see the Storm Trooper one in people's signatures but didn't manage it.
[06:03:30] ZeitgeistGlee: ...
[06:03:37] ZeitgeistGlee: If I had a gun and knew where you lived...

Zeitgeist Glee (6:56:26 AM): My, my, you must be tired.
indifferencecry (6:56:43 AM): Well, yess and no. hehehe
indifferencecry (6:57:05 AM): hehehehe
indifferencecry (6:57:11 AM): *laughs wildly*
Zeitgeist Glee (6:57:35 AM): Bah, I'll bet you goaded him into it.
indifferencecry (6:57:39 AM): hahahaha
Zeitgeist Glee (6:57:44 AM): *THWACK*
indifferencecry (6:57:45 AM): What makes it great
Zeitgeist Glee (6:57:46 AM): BRAT !!!
indifferencecry (6:57:52 AM): is I had nothing to do with it at all
indifferencecry (6:57:53 AM): hahahahaha

Zeitgeist Glee (7:01:14 AM): ...I hate you all.
indifferencecry (7:01:30 AM): *laughs so hard she falls out of her chair*
Zeitgeist Glee (7:01:41 AM): *Sighs*

Zeitgeist Glee (7:02:50 AM): And people wonder why I want to destroy OB in fanfics...
indifferencecry (7:02:58 AM): ^_^
indifferencecry (7:03:02 AM): *pats you on the back*
indifferencecry (7:03:35 AM): I think poor Beth and Darren thought they were going to get it again.
indifferencecry (7:03:37 AM): heh
Zeitgeist Glee (7:04:51 AM): *Sighs*[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]And you can all thank Crystia for that since she helped me get the logs. Hehe.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]And that just makes me glad we nailed her with that CD prank on the first. I swear... she's like the evil daughter of Des or something. XP

Also, as Rach said in the chat logs...

[INDENT]Rachmaninoffmus (3:08:57 AM): No one will ever forget that
Rachmaninoffmus (3:08:59 AM): EVER[/INDENT]

Truer words were never spoken. XP[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]And you can all thank Crystia for that since she helped me get the logs. Hehe.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Oh believe me, I already have. ^_~

Seriously though, I think if I could have caught Des at that moment, I would have strangled him for it. I can laugh now looking back at it, and really after about an hour I saw the funny side, but that first sixty minutes was just unmitigated horror. [/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial]Valentine's Day morning saw me laughing uncontrollably for three solid hours.

That was [I]hilarious[/I].

Especially considering it completely blew [COLOR="DarkRed"]Rach[/COLOR]'s train of thought for his post in Almagest, and how [I]he[/I] spent two hours banging his head on his desk.[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]And that just makes me glad we nailed her with that CD prank on the first. I swear... she's like the evil daughter of Des or something. XP[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Hehe! Evil daughter of Dessy. That's just too funny! And seeing the chat logs with people's reactions... That was priceless. :catgirl:

While I'm here, can you make suggestions for article submissions? Or rather ones that were just submitted? Since I think adding a little more in terms of details as to the changes made for April Fools would be a good idea. It would make it easier for someone who didn't see the prank to understand just what happened. I mean, the girls aren't dancing in the screen shot after all. So explaining that would help. ^_^[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]While I'm here, can you make suggestions for article submissions? Or rather ones that were just submitted? Since I think adding a little more in terms of details as to the changes made for April Fools would be a good idea. It would make it easier for someone who didn't see the prank to understand just what happened. I mean, the girls aren't dancing in the screen shot after all. So explaining that would help. ^_^[/FONT][/QUOTE]Of course suggestions are always welcome. What's odd, is I thought about including that detail, but it seems I forgot. XP I have no idea where my brain was. lol I'm going to go and edit it to include that information as soon as I'm done here. Heh.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Allamorph;809353][FONT=Arial]Especially considering it completely blew [COLOR="DarkRed"]Rach[/COLOR]'s train of thought for his post in Almagest, and how [I]he[/I] spent two hours banging his head on his desk.[/FONT][/QUOTE]That's putting it mildly. I couldn't do anything for over three hours. Post, school work...[I] nothing[/I]. Also, I should have realized that Crystia was only interested in the logs to hand over to Aaryanna. Evil daughter of Des indeed. XP[QUOTE=Aceburner']I just now realized that the glorious overlord and Hero of Time IRL has no article. Whut?

Seriously, how did this get overlooked?[/QUOTE]I'm working on one for Des actually, but... the guy has close to 5,000 posts. It's taking time to look through his stuff. XP I'm about two thirds done gathering info though. So I hope to have that up in the next month.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']I'm working on one for Des actually, but... the guy has close to [u]6[/u],000 posts.[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Fixed that for you.

It's true, though. The epic tale of Desbreko has simply been too great for anyone to tell. I've heard that a couple people tried but were so humbled by the undertaking that they secluded themselves from the world and became monks.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]It's true, though. The epic tale of Desbreko has simply been too great for anyone to tell. I've heard that a couple people tried but were so humbled by the undertaking that they secluded themselves from the world and became monks.[/color][/QUOTE]

And I suppose that was before the revelation of your evil daughter Indifference?

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Fixed that for you.

It's true, though. The epic tale of Desbreko has simply been too great for anyone to tell. I've heard that a couple people tried but were so humbled by the undertaking that they secluded themselves from the world and became monks.[/color][/QUOTE]Oh hell... XP How in the world did I think five when it was six? I think I'll just slink off into seclusion now.

And while I'm here, I'd kind of like to point out how when placing something in a list via alphabetically... [I]The[/I] does not count. So an article like The Daily Otaku would go in the D section, not the T. I find that kind of confusing that those articles are placed like that. I could be wrong, but that's what I always understood.