OtakuBoards

Who disagrees with drinking and drugs?

Guest NIKI12345

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont get me started on people who use drugs they screw up mind body and your appearance :mad: .I dont mind people that drink responibly wich is rare to find now a days :( .But illeagle drugs are just wrong because theres so much of the stuff and so many dealers and not enough law enforcement to halt all of the deals.I may be 14 but i think every kid that feels so strongly about stopping it should speak up because if we dont who will????? :animeangr

• 2 weeks later...
Through my eyes, illicit drugs are an immediate "remedy" for pain or emotional strain, for the weak who cannot bear to cope with even slight emotional pain. Plain and simple. I'm not going on the "facts" or whatever people like referring to these days, I'm going on the people I see everyday.

I have known [i]alot[/i] of people my age, and it's safe to say that drug-ran lives are not so easy to hide, you can see it a mile away. I've watched too many people have their lives thrown around by drugs, and drugs only. Thrown around so much that they end up being a completely different person all together. My friendships have been broken, what I've had with who were once real friends has been torn in half. And its all because of drugs.

Drugs can have a short-term and "fun" effect for users, but the long-term effects are far more destroying than anything compared.

Alcohol can have the same outcome, if the drinker isn't careful. Though alcohol hasn't had near bad an impact on my life as drugs. I'm a regular drinker, infact, I tend to drink alot. Because I want to.

People use drugs, because they want to.

Though the reasons behind the usage of [i]can[/i] be very different.

I disagree with drug usage, completely, so much I have a hatred for it.

Alcohol is an entirely different issue to me.

So call me a hypocrite.

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][quote name='Fall']Through my eyes, illicit drugs are an immediate "remedy" for pain or emotional strain, for the weak who cannot bear to cope with even slight emotional pain. Plain and simple. I'm not going on the "facts" or whatever people like referring to these days, I'm going on the people I see everyday.[/quote]
How about [I]I[/I] go on the people I see everyday. I see one of my best mates, one of the most level headed people I know, use marijuana and occasional harder drugs to enhance his experience (say, at a concert). I see my cousins - men in happy families, with children and wives - take pot just to relax after a hard day. **** it man, I see some of my more party-hard friends take an E occasionally just because. Are they doing it cause they're trying to escape 'even slight emotional pain'? No, far from it.

I'm sure there's plenty of people who fall into your narrow world view, but it's not a stereotype you can apply to everyone who takes drugs. Some people are crackheads to escape the reality of their situation, some people are hooked on heroin cause they can't feel happy any other way, but for every one of those, there's many more who never let addiction take hold of them, and never take them to escape. They're not weak, they're just out for a good time, and you shouldn't judge [i]them[/i] as weak because your friends (or ex-friends) took them for the wrong reasons[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=DeadSeraphim][color=indigo][size=1][font=Arial]
How about [i]I[/i] go on the people I see everyday. I see one of my best mates, one of the most level headed people I know, use marijuana and occasional harder drugs to enhance his experience (say, at a concert). I see my cousins - men in happy families, with children and wives - take pot just to relax after a hard day. **** it man, I see some of my more party-hard friends take an E occasionally just because. Are they doing it cause they're trying to escape 'even slight emotional pain'? No, far from it.

I'm sure there's plenty of people who fall into your narrow world view, but it's not a stereotype you can apply to everyone who takes drugs. Some people are crackheads to escape the reality of their situation, some people are hooked on heroin cause they can't feel happy any other way, but for every one of those, there's many more who never let addiction take hold of them, and never take them to escape. They're not weak, they're just out for a good time, and you shouldn't judge [i]them[/i] as weak because your friends (or ex-friends) took them for the wrong reasons[/font][/size][/color][/QUOTE]How should I judge them then, buddy? Are you saying that taking an "E" occasionally for no reason at all is alright? That taking an "E" just to have a good time is [i]so[/i] much better than those that take drugs because they are incapable of handling emotional stress?

...its all make-believe when you're on drugs. Nothing is as real as it should be... A "good time" aint drug induced. Nobody should have to take drugs just to have a "good time". Obviously there's something there that you're trying to escape from, even if you [i]think[/i] its just for a "good time"... You just don't know what it is that you're trying to get away from... So it's masked up into a mad party drug to give you a buzz... It's the same **** that gets you away from eveything. Quite obvious. If you can't have a good time without putting yourself into a mellowed-out hyperactive psycho state, there's something there that aint right.

There is no reason that compensates the taking of illicit drugs. Whether its for "a good time" or not.

The minute you swallow, smoke; inhale, snort, inject, whatever you wanna do with that "little piece of magic". --The minute you take that drug, it cuts sick with your normal, everyday bodily functions, and it turns you into a complete ********, unable to realise that your walking around in a make-believe world that has been projected by your very own paralysed and drug-diluted brain.

Same kinda story that alcohol writes.[quote name='FALL']So call me a hypocrite.[/quote]
I don't judge people. Bit hard to judge when it's for truth.

Alcohol, in moderation (say, one or two drinks per month ingested by a responsible, over-21 person who promises not to drive while intoxicated) is fine by me. Non-prescription drugs like crystal meth and cocaine (as well as cigarettes)? Not so much. I've seen in D.A.R.E./Health Class what they do to your lungs and other parts of your body, and it's disgusting. I vow personally to never do drugs or cigarettes, or date anyone who does them. Ever.

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][quote name='Fall']The minute you swallow, smoke; inhale, snort, inject, whatever you wanna do with that "little piece of magic". --The minute you take that drug, it cuts sick with your normal, everyday bodily functions, and it turns you into a complete ********, unable to realise that your walking around in a make-believe world that has been projected by your very own paralysed and drug-diluted brain.[/quote]

I don't know about the drug users you hang around, but I've never been around someone who's a 'total ********' when they're just using it for recreation. See, it comes back to that 'your friends aren't standard drug users' thing. [i]They're not people you should be using to measure all drug users, everywhere[/i]. Meet my friends without prior knowledge they're on drugs, and you'd never know.

And sure, recreational use isn't a fantastic reason to take drugs - there's no [i]good[/i] reason. I never implied that there was. But the situation is a hell of a lot different from your friends who got themselves addicted, and you have to make that distinction.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Fall]...its all make-believe when you're on drugs. Nothing is as real as it should be... A "good time" aint drug induced. Nobody should have to take drugs just to have a "good time". Obviously there's something there that you're trying to escape from, even if you [i]think[/i'] its just for a "good time"... You just don't know what it is that you're trying to get away from... So it's masked up into a mad party drug to give you a buzz... It's the same **** that gets you away from eveything. Quite obvious. If you can't have a good time without putting yourself into a mellowed-out hyperactive psycho state, there's something there that aint right.[/quote]

[color=deeppink]People don't have to. They [i]want[/i] to. There's a sizable difference there.

And there's no way, short of luck, you can accurately judge if a person is "trying to escape" if you've never met them. People are way too varied for that.[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink]People don't have to. They [i]want[/i'] to. There's a sizable difference there.[/color][/quote]May be a difference... though think about it. [i]Why[/i] do they want to? ...[i]wanting[/i] to is just a decision, there's always a reason behind it. Whether people say there is or not, that reason can't always be so blatantly known, even to the user themselves.

Some people might want to do drugs just to fit in, still a reason. They can't accept not being "cool"... Just 'cause everyone else is? They don't wanna be left out.

Stupid little reasons that need to be covered up because someone can't handle them.

Of course you're gonna [i]want[/i] to do drugs, otherwise we wouldn't have the prodlem illicit drugs are causing amoung us today in the first place. But there's gotta be something making you want to... And when you look further down the track, it becomes clearer and clearer that [i]that[/i] [i]something[/i] is related to not being able to accept something.

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][font=Arial][size=1][color=#4b0082]I don't know about the drug users you hang around, but I've never been around someone who's a 'total ********' when they're just using it for recreation. See, it comes back to that 'your friends aren't standard drug users' thing. [i]They're not people you should be using to measure all drug users, everywhere[/i]. Meet my friends without prior knowledge they're on drugs, and you'd never know.[/color][/size'][/font][/quote]Yeah, drugs affect everyone differently.

I've been around a girl I once held close to my heart, who would use drugs as "recreation", she couldn't sit down for 5 seconds, couldn't shut up, couldn't sleep for 2 nights straight, and couldn't stop her own teeth from shivering, as if she was sitting in a walk-in freezer. That would happen from one happy-pill, or one line of gas... But it was all for "a good time" to her.

...Maybe she was having a good time, but most of the time I, aswell as alot of other people, were left having the time of our lives, laughing our throats out at how much of a clown she had turned in to. It's not that we wanted to ruin her... Its that she made the decision, and we had to see the result. It was as if she was in extreme-partyland, and noone else was there. If you were so totally blind drunk you couldn't even stand up, you'd still know she was bent up.

You can notice it. And if I met your friends, I would know. Maybe not if they weren't on it right then and there, but if it was fresh in their system, I sure as hell would know. It's not that hard to realise someone aint themselves; even if you don't even know their name, it's not hard to realise they're not normal.

Drugs aren't just gonna go straight through someone without touching them. While that drug(s) is active, it's gonna change them. Maybe slightly, maybe dramatically... But its damn unatural. And its for everyone around them to see.

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][quote name='The Heart']Alcohol, in moderation (say, one or two drinks per month ingested by a responsible, over-21 person who promises not to drive while intoxicated)[/quote]
I missed this earlier but...

1 or 2 [i]a month[/i]?! Depending on the drink, it's hard to get even a minor buzz off 1 or 2 [i]in an hour[/i], even for light drinkers. Your idea of moderation is so conservative and shocking I'm left wondering if you've ever even had alcohol.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Fall']Obviously there's something there that you're trying to escape from, even if you think its just for a "good time"... [/quote]

[quote name='Fall']Stupid little reasons that need to be covered up because someone can't handle them.[/quote]

[quote name='Fall] [b']Whether people say there is or not, that reason can't always be so blatantly known, even to the user themselves.[/b][/quote]

[color=deeppink]Hm.

Besides, it is [i]highly[/i] possible that the only reason is that they [i]like[/i] it. That it makes them feel good. And remember, they don't "have" to take drugs to have a good time, and often times they will go off and do other things that interest them. It is one way to have fun among many.[/color]

[QUOTE=Fall]May be a difference... though think about it. [i]Why[/i] do they want to? ...[i]wanting[/i] to is just a decision, there's always a reason behind it. Whether people say there is or not, that reason can't always be so blatantly known, even to the user themselves.

Some people might want to do drugs just to fit in, still a reason. They can't accept not being "cool"... Just 'cause everyone else is? They don't wanna be left out.

Stupid little reasons that need to be covered up because someone can't handle them.

Of course you're gonna [i]want[/i] to do drugs, otherwise we wouldn't have the prodlem illicit drugs are causing amoung us today in the first place. But there's gotta be something making you want to... And when you look further down the track, it becomes clearer and clearer that [i]that[/i] [i]something[/i] is related to not being able to accept something.[/QUOTE]

All we have is constant sensory input and our perception of reality. It's only natural that some people would want to alter and explore that.

[QUOTE=Nerdsy][color=deeppink]Hm.

Besides, it is [i]highly[/i] possible that the only reason is that they [i]like[/i] it. That it makes them feel good. And remember, they don't "have" to take drugs to have a good time, and often times they will go off and do other things that interest them. It is one way to have fun among many.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]They don't [i]have[/i] to have a good time, but it might just be a better time than going without them. I have a friend who still does drugs every now and then. The only reason he does them is because he has more fun with them than without. To him, it's one of those "swim with or without clothes" dessisions[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=DeadSeraphim][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]
I missed this earlier but...

1 or 2 [i]a month[/i]?! Depending on the drink, it's hard to get even a minor buzz off 1 or 2 [i]in an hour[/i], even for light drinkers. Your idea of moderation is so conservative and shocking I'm left wondering if you've ever even had alcohol.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I'm only 16, so yeah. But believe me, my dad's a light drinker (only one or two drinks every so often) and he still swerves and acts really scary when drunk. That's why I think why I do. :animeswea

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I don't drink at all. I don't like the taste, nor do I care for the whole drunk bit and making myself look like an ***. (No offense) I also strongly disagree with drugs. I've never taken any non prescribed drugs or smoked ever; And I don't plan on it. I believe that it's better for me to live a life in full health, than getting addicted to something. I've had many people, friends even, try to offer me some marijuana, beer, rum, hard liquor, and cigarettes and I have said "No" to all of them. I don't like them. Of course this isn't to say I don't like people who drink or do drugs, in fact I'd say about a good 10-20% of my friends do drugs and a good 60% drink (heavy or lightly). So yeah...I'm just don't want to.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I do lines of coke every now and then. I also shoot up on heroine when I need the boost.

During the week I ususally don't start drinking myself into a stupor until noon, but on the weekend I often get started in the AM.

[QUOTE=Charles]I do lines of coke every now and then. I also shoot up on heroine when I need the boost.

During the week I ususally don't start drinking myself into a stupor until noon, but on the weekend I often get started in the AM.[/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Really? I always picked you more as a meth-amphetamine kind of guy[/font][/color][/size]

Well, I was young and at first it was basically a social thing. Like, at parties my friends would get a line going and we would all have a good time. I didn't realize I was addicted until I started stealing out of my mom's purse to satisfy the cravings.

I have overdosed a couple of times and it's super scary. Both times I swore I would quit, but I always manage to relapse when times get tough. :animenose

[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Hey man, rehab is for quitters! You keep chasing that rainbow.

Personally, I've been shooting speed through the neck for about three years now, burnt out my other veins [i]years ago[/i]. You ever done crack?[/font][/color][/size]

I pretty much used to be a crack fiend. I was [i]really[/i] young when I started smoking crack. In retrospect, I was probably about eleven years old; I was not sure what it was but several older kids whom I looked up to convinced me that it wasn't too harmless and that the feeling was incredible. Of course, being a young kid, I was highly susceptible to peer influence and I gave it a try. I was hooked pretty strongly until I was around fourteen and I ended up jumping off of a two story building and damaged my hip pretty badly.

I would have to say that the worst drug I have every used, however, was elephant tranquilizers. I don't know if you've every tried anything that potent and that unorthodox but, I highly doubt you would ever want to.

[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Eh, I did horse tranq once, that was bad enough. I couldn't move for a few days, and I just kept vomiting, over and over and over. I still freebase some crack occasionally though, when I can't afford some speed, but I've steered clear of it after my car accident while high. Did you get into heroin through the hip injury? I always found I needed heroin when badly hurt, morphine just wasn't a strong enough opiate.[/font][/color][/size]

See, no, it was just morphine through the hip injury. My family was really concerned with my health at that point and they still had a shred of hope for my future. I actually ended up having an intervention before I knew what an intervention even was, while in my hospital room.

Essentially, morphine was the gateway drug to cocaine for me, as strange as that sounds. Once I was no longer able to get prescriptions for morphine, I started looking for more powerful drugs.

It's kind of sad looking back on it now. I pushed a lot of people away and lost a lot of friends. I may or may not have sexually abused someone as well. My girlfriend at the time was getting "wet" with me and I have no recollection of what ultimately happened. She had one story and a group of my friends had another; they swore that I was innocent. It went to court and they didn't have the evidence needed to get me on anything, but my reputation around town was pretty damaged just from that incident.