OtakuBoards

Who disagrees with drinking and drugs?

Guest NIKI12345

[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]I almost did, only clipped a car and spun out though. The look on the kids face was terrifying. I tried to go cold turkey for crack after that, but felt I still needed [i]something[/i]. Thus, well, the speed. I'm high right now, actually.[/font][/color][/size]

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm high quite often online myself. I have made it a habit to lock my credit card up before I sign on and generally I try to avoid AIM or Internet forums. What's the worst mistake you have ever made while surfing the web under the influence?

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]I once got engaged to a girl I'd never met before... and man, those Iraqis get ****** about broken engagements.[/font][/color'][/size][/quote]

Dude, I just have one thing to say to that: Japan_86.

[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]I don't know how I got there. One moment I was injecting in my room, and drinking rum alone - as usual - the next I wake up in another country. I don't even know how I got home, as soon as I go out of there, some black dude hooked me up with some killer gear, and I woke up in Melbourne and had been missing for two months.

The 'abducted by aliens' excuse didn't go down well :([/font][/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][font=times]You're right Alan, rehab IS for quitters!

As for alcohol... If I ever want to drink alcohol, I usually tend to do it right in my 19 year old room mates' faces, just to see them turn green with envy. It's so sweet to be legal in college you see. That and since I can do it, and I know what my limits are, I have yet to do anything remarkably stupid yet while drunk.

As for that lap dance Charles got from me... And that morning after...

Oh never mind that. Bottom line? Drugs are funny. People on drugs are funny. If you're threatened by them, just remember it's your own damn fault for sticking around after the injecting, swallowing, smoking.[/font][/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Ummm...yeah, that was definitely interesting to read, if only to show just why taking illegal drugs is stupid. As for people on drugs being funny? I suppose it may look that way, and for all the more light usage and parties it just might be funny.

But for all those lovely moments where I've been at someone's side while they were recovering from say surgery or something in a hospital. And ended up with some stupid junkie in the very next bed... Being stuck around someone who is out of their mind recovering from a bad episode or OD is hardly what I would consider funny. Sad and pathetic, but not funny.
[B]
EDIT:[/B] Oh and before I forget, the one thing I learned real quick was to[I] never[/I] wear a mostly white shirt while visiting said friend in the hospital, since their lovely roomie, in their state, couldn't tell that you weren't a nurse. And having some stupid junkie screaming at you to let them go home already was rather interesting to say the least. Or the ones that seemed to think tossing things at someone they mistook for a nurse would make things better somehow. Yeah, ever so funny. [/sarcasm] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][quote name='SunfallE][COLOR=RoyalBlue]EDIT:[/B] Oh and before I forget, the one thing I learned real quick was to[I] never[/I] wear a mostly white shirt while visiting said friend in the hospital, since their lovely roomie, in their state, couldn't tell that you weren't a nurse. And having some stupid junkie screaming at you to let them go home already was rather interesting to say the least. Or the ones that seemed to think tossing things at someone they mistook for a nurse would make things better somehow. Yeah, ever so funny. [/sarcasm'] [/COLOR][/quote]
Oh, was that [i]you[/i]? Oh ****, I'm so sorry, I'd just been having some surgery done and couldn't get my fix and umm... well, yeah sorry. Next time, it'd be a good idea if you didn't wear white. That was totally the start of your troubles that day. You'll be happy to know I was discharged the next day though, and I've successfully avoided withdrawals ever since. :)[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][QUOTE=DeadSeraphim][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]
Oh, was that [i]you[/i]? Oh ****, I'm so sorry, I'd just been having some surgery done and couldn't get my fix and umm... well, yeah sorry. Next time, it'd be a good idea if you didn't wear white. That was totally the start of your troubles that day. You'll be happy to know I was discharged the next day though, and I've successfully avoided withdrawals ever since. :)[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]lol *pokes* Still it was rather sad. Probably the worse one I saw was when they had to strap one poor kid down since the moment their backs were turned he'd yank everything out. >_<

I need to get my family and friends to stop getting sick and needing surgery! Though to be fair, most of the time I don't run into that, but the few times you do, it's kind of hard to forget.

And in the end I've never understood it since I've never done illegal drugs or any form of drinking either. It's just not my thing.
[/COLOR]

[quote name='NIKI12345]Yeah thanks I really needed that. Well back to drugs yes there are good ones and bad ones. The ones the doctors decribe you are ment to help you not for you to abuse them and hurt yourself more. No the computer doesn't have all the answers I checked. I typed and my name and asked what my future was going to be like and they said [b]No info found try search again. So happy joy the computer was wrong!!!!!![/b'] Well back to topic when I look at drugs not all reasherch has been confirmed. Its easy to say you have all the answers but its harder to prove them right. There still are drugs out there that no one has solved completly and people are different so one drug can make many people act different. Thats the hard part about this world. One cure for cnacer might work on mice but that doesn't tell us that it will work on people. That is my thought. :animesmil[/quote]
Actually there are some illegal drugs out there that are helpful to your body. (ex. some help cure addictions to herion and Cocaine, but has no other side effects)

Also, my personnal opinion is that what a person wants to put in their on bodies is their choice, but I only drink.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I don't agree with Drinking or doing drugs. Personally, I think no one should try it because they could get addicted to it, which possibly could cause sickness and death. I'm saying this because i recently watched a presentation in school about drugs and drinking, which left me in tears :( There were so many people who's lives where ruined and destroyed due to drinking and drugs. As a matter of Fact, there was a a young girl who was hit by a drunk driver. Due to the tragic accident, the girls face and arms were gone. They were burned off due to the car accident. Also [I]Keep in mind about what happened to Anna Nicole Smith too[/I]. :animecry:

Guest Hitman_Hart
I always hated hypocrites who are anti-drug activists but are complete drunks that are worse off than the drug addicts. Really, if anyone wants to disagree with drinking and drugs, then don't be someone who in the inside agrees and is addicted to them. As for myself, I honestly don't like drinking or drugs -- Thus why I don't take them, but I also don't go against them and want people to stop doing them.

If people want to do them, then fine. That's their choice, and I believe that they should have the right to choose to do that by themselves.

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Indigo]Don't like drinking, smoking, or drugs. I was raised Mormon and later had my name removed from the church rolls, so that's not wholly why those lifestyles don't agree with me.

Reason I don't like drugs--they affect more than just the person taking them. My brother did drugs the entire time I was growing up with him--and yeah, he stole money from my piggy bank (I was 8, he was 18) so he could buy drugs. He stole my dad's tool box so he could buy drugs. The drug dealer kicked in our front door to scare my brother while we were visiting family for Thanksgiving. The PCP laced in his joint furthered triggered what was probably already an onset of mental illness.

Drinking has several reasons: #1, hate the way it tastes--yes, I have tried alcholol, lol. #2, my grandmother grew up with an alocholic, and to this day, the twisted way she was treated and later treated her own children, still affects how my mother behaves, how my cousins behave, how I think of myself, how my aunt and uncles react. So yes, family alcohol syndrome does exist.

As for smoking...I have friends who smoke. Yes, I will associate with you if you smoke--just don't blow the smoke in my direction because cigarette smoke, especially menthols, is one of the triggers for my (severe) migraines. You ever had a migraine? Let me tell you, you get them bad enough, and you'll wanna keep away from your triggers too.

So, yeah, I've got lots of personal, and plenty of good reasons, not to do any of those--and none of them have anything to do with me being raised Mormon, lol.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Guest Copycatalyst
I have said many times how it is interesting how much we are just chemicals. It's apparent to me, that I said this because many others do not grasp the entirety of this truth. Thus the purpose of this essayic trough is to explain this, in a more lay-sense (ie: in a way that can be understood simply and universally).

First, I would like to say that the word "drug" contains such negative connotation that throughout this excursion of words, I shall not be using the word, other than that one time. It is so steeped in ignorance and misinterpretation of what these substances are, that I am simply going to cast it aside. We will go for "substance" or, in the case of a substance that can have direct ethnobotanical, or spiritual meaning netted with plants, an "entheogen," and I will likely be using other words, but those are the main ones.

Now let us begin. . .as well as I can lay it down. When one eats food, what is going on there? Well, first the food is chewed; then our saliva, and tastebuds, react with this food--and in that moment, even, a chemical reaction is taking place. Once swallowed, it goes through the esophagus to the stomach. In the stomach, stomach acid is used to decompose the eaten matter--this is a chemical process. When one takes an antacid tablet what is happening there? One is consuming a base--a substance that is a "proton donor"--and one is creating, in a simple sense, a "neutralization reaction" which basically lessens the acidicy of one's stomach, thereby alleviating stomach problems which may be caused by an excess of lactic acid.

Also what is going on in the brain when one eats? As far as scientists today say, they say that various dopaminigenic releases are happening; and in my estimation the endocannibinol system is also brought into some venue of expression (the ECS is what the substance tetrahydrocannibinol activates to heightened expression); basically the brain is releasing various substances to give us the pleasure we obtain upon eating, since eating is a necessary process for survival and thus is warranted a pleasure-response for its use.

I could pretty much go on and on. . .simply the gist of what I am saying is thus: if one views the human system objectively, it is rather a chemical shell which alters and undergoes various chemical reactions; and that these chemical reactions, to an extent scientists have yet to truly delve into yet, embody an important aspect of our awareness and what we are.

I have a rather interesting "theory" I suppose one would call it. It is simply thus: chemicality influences reality. One can take this generalized statement and apply it to many, various things, most interestingly and useful to us is to apply it at a societal, and also individual level--since these are most likely most pertinent to you, the reader of this.

At a societal level one is told, and more or less programmed to believe that substances are inherently "evil" or detrimental to one's well being. This is such an inherent, built-in established meme in our society that it is rather hard to separate others away from it. . .but if you'd like to take a gander and come closer to truth perhaps you shall come with me; if not, stop reading.

Perhaps firstly the problem with this meme and programmed idiom in all of us is the fact that it creates a double standard. Since, by eating, one is receiving substances within the brain; and also simply by virtue of existing one is using substances all the time, in the brain, outside the brain, in the blood, even outside the human body, lies chemicality; in the air, in the water, everywhere. Further, it is deemed correct in our society that upon becoming twenty-one one is able to consume a substance called alcohol, at eighteen one is at will to use heavily-processed tobacco; and from an early age one is able to use caffeine easily, too.

We use these three substances so oftenly, that we don't even refer to them as "substances" or we seem to group them outside of these "detrimental substances." Even further, we hand methamphetamine, methylphenidate (ritalin), adderall (a combination of various amphetamines) to children to treat some fabricated disorder called "Attention Deficit Disorder" which I have had and know first-hand is absolutely an illusionary creation.

More or less we create a double standard. We demonize various substances, yet use other substances which could just as easily, and more rightfully be demonized than the substances that are illegal.

Now back to what I was saying: in our society, our collective chemicality influences how our society will function. Alcohol is a mind-altering substance; caffeine too; tobacco too. If we are going to use substances, and seem to deem them positively and usefully, then why should we use more detrimental substances to those substances that shall bring forth progression of our society, and by extension, our entire human-existence upon this Earth beyond mere societal separations or other schismatic ones?

Because, knowing what I just said to you--that chemistry is happening at all and many levels--why would you limit your exposure to mind-altering substances which could, by virtue of their use, done in a correct mindset extranated from the "substances are detrimental" meme, be of important use and progression not to just how you view yourself, and others, but to the entirety of the future of all of mankind?

Using my meme of viewing chemicality as influencing society, one can easily esteem and find a nice root, and truth to why our society is how it is. Alcohol is consumed oftenly; caffeine too, tobacco too. A combination of these various substances, since I am aware of their effects and how they would leave a long-lasting impactation upon a society's functioning, yields something quite akin to our society and many citizens' level of cognition and functioning in this society.

This is not to say we should hand lysergic acid diethylamide to just anyone, or that any substance is up for grabs. It's rather a question of if one can grasp viewing these chemicals in the vein I just stated--since one's mindset towards anything is extremely important to any reaction, especially that of the use of a substance.

These substances have obvious psychological value, in healing various mars in one's psychology. Before methylenedioxymethamphetamine, or Ecstasy as it's known was banned--it was tested as a psychological tool to heal a patient and allowed them to metacognate their currently-built schematas of functioning. LSD, as well. It is obvious that these substances have wide medicinal value--and that though those who are within the medicinal field might be aware of this, that "substances are deterimental to one's well-being" meme continues to block this and get in its way of such substances fully being actualized to heal the schisms residing in ourselves on an individual level, as well as a communal level.

Recently preliminary studies were done, which showed that the use of tetrahydrocannibinol--the main psychoactive substance in cannabis--can heal the cancer tumors in mice. Recently a drug has been developed which destroys the activity of THC within mice's brains, thereby making them more depressed. So thus to sum up: THC was found to heal tumors, yet we're developing substances to make sure it doesn't do what it does to us, which basically is activating a system which is already there in our brains (the endocannibinol system I spoke of earlier). How does this necessarily make sense? Nor is cannabis physically addictive, nor psychologically addictive, to the extent that tobacco is; it is more or less psychologically addictive for that fact that in our society, and globally, we deem anything that makes us feel euphoric and that may heal us as apparently of "schedule I" no-no, ie. that the use of these substances has no medicinal value--when obviously they do. I mean, there is synthetic THC, brand-named Marinol which is used to help chemo patients through the horrendous, taxing process that is chemotherapy...cannabis's medicinal value is obvious, while its recreational use is positive too, while alcohol's recreational and medicinal value are obviously quite lacking.

To further extrapolate, let us give reasons why cannabis deserves legalization and alcohol doesn't.

[list][*]Cannabis has direct medicinal value
[*]Alcohol has little to no medicinal value
[*]Alcohol makes people mean
[*]Cannabis makes people kind and peaceful[/list]

Has anyone seen the recent anti-cannabis commercial? They're not even appealing to scientific fact any more. The scientific fact is that cannabis is healing in many ways. It can help cure cancer, according to a preliminary study. It can also regenerate and heal aspects of the mind itself.

If there is one thing I want you to obtain from this post it is this: every moment is a chemical reaction. Begin to view your life is a chemical reaction. Begin to realize that even you are but a molecule, but a psychoactive substance, but a chemicality that fashions some aspect of this reality. Knowing this, one can realize many various things, with or without the use of various substances that can be quite mind-altering.

Another thing I want to state is that I am not advocating substance use in a strict sense, but I am rather advocating it done in the correct sense, which to my estimation many currently just don't have the true appreciation to do correctly, but I hope they can find it if it's what could help them find their way. More or less substance use is dangerous, and should be approached cautiously and slowly and with the greatest patience and surety of its use.

The use of substances goes back to the very beginning of mankind, since without the consumption of various plant materials by various mammalian, and reptilian, and amphibian, and simply all organisms' beginnings involve subtances, and chemicality, to adapt in some way; but specifically in our sense, the consumption of plant materials. It is because of the consumption of plants, and us, our "entheosymbiosis" one could say, that we are at the level of awareness we are at today. In the past, a thousand years ago the ancient Incas found a mystical vine, B. caapi, which grew forth a mystical, psychoactive substance--dimethyltryptamine--which they discovered could be orally active when various MAOIs were added--and they made a sacred drink, called ayahuasca. This was used for entheogenic purposes, and it more or less takes one to "the spiritual realm," as far as what the Incas said it did.

Also the Aztecs consumed morning glories which contain lysergic acid amide, or LSA, basically what has allowed its progeny, LSD, to come into existence. They called LSA tlitliltzin. The various Mesoamerican cultures, specifically the Native Americans, used peyote, whose psychoactive substance is mescaline, for other spiritual rites and shamanic rituals. Cannabis's use goes back as well, and in fact it has the nickname "weed" for a reason. If you've never seen a cannabis plant; well, they are quite beautiful, and it is a very versatile plant. As a botanist it is one of the more interesting plants. The truth of the matter is that hemp, at least, contains just the right amount of omega-6 fatty acids. It can also be used to make rope, clothes, and thus forth. The plant also can grow in very harsh conditions, no matter the case, and is extremely adaptable. The cannabis sativa plant likely existed since the birth of mankind.

It's self-evident that if something exists, and it can create change, that can be positive, then it should be used. For, without various society's use of substances, and without chemicality itself, beyond establishing and placing it into various human systems, it's obvious that nothing that exists now, and will exist, could have existed without such substances and such chemicality's use. It is obvious that I should be free to use these substances as I wish, without fear of being incarcerated in a prison cell for such a use, as long as I do not harm others by such use, and that it is useful to me, and can help me improve this society.

So rather each moment is a chemical reaction. . .and by virtue of my awareness I can choose how to create these chemical reactions, and most importantly my brain is my own, and I have the right to choose its chemical atmosphere.

To end this treatise we shall delve into chemicality at an individual, self-aware level. When one ascertains anything with one's apparti, or one consumes anything, touches anything, does anything, one alters the chemical atmosphere of one's mind, and of course many other atmosphere-fields of existence, outside of one's own. By consumption of substances one can bring into expression various aspectations of one's awareness, often parts that one was not aware existed in the first place. It is your right, and my right, and everyone's right, as a self-aware individual to consume such substances to bring about a change, so long as we desire a positive change and have researched a substance's effects and also have the correct mindset to use said substances. By doing so one can condition one's mind to reach a state where it can be able to access the stimulation and various effects of a substance, to an extent, by virtue of having used it. This allows one to alter one's psychological functioning, to fine-tune it and hone it to be as one wants and desires it to be, and having done so one is forever set to succeed at some point and level.

So before you call me a drug addict, or before you're so keen to believe in a meme that has no standing with the use of reasoned, positive, ascertained, and objective observation of substance's various promises and effects, maybe you should take a moment and realize that all virtuality is real, that all realness is chemical, that all chemicality is love, and that all love can only be given virtually (though at times one finds realness to be resident within the virtuality...but that's for another treatise, not this one).

While I would never promote drinking or drug use, I dont really disagree with it either. If someone wants to ruin their life by doing those kinds of things, they should do so. I do however, disagree with people ruining the lives of others with these kinds of things for profit. If illegal drugs were legalized for personal use, it would virtually eliminate drug related crime. I also believe that, if alcohol and tabacco are legal, other harmful substances should be legal too. If not that, marijuana should at least be legal. Like copycatalyst said, it actually has medicinal uses, and dosent instigate voilence like alcohol.

[quote name='Identity']While I would never promote drinking or drug use, I dont really disagree with it either. If someone wants to ruin their life by doing those kinds of things, they should do so. [/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DimGray"][FONT="Tahoma"]I don't see where you get off saying drinking and doing drugs ruins your life. First off, it depends how much alcohol you consume and what drugs your doing. If you only smoke pot casually I don't think it's really ruining your life.

Seriously. >_>[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='White'][COLOR="DimGray"][FONT="Tahoma"]I don't see where you get off saying drinking and doing drugs ruins your life. First off, it depends how much alcohol you consume and what drugs your doing. If you only smoke pot casually I don't think it's really ruining your life.

Seriously. >_>[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=darkred][size=1]

I concur. The laws against Marijuana in the world are doing more bad than good, because people will smoke pot one way or another. We're just stuffing our prisons full of people who really aren't doing anything that bad.

Pot is from nature. Alcohol is too. So I don't see why they should be banned as such. Heh. Just use in moderation.[/color][/size]

[quote name='White'][COLOR="DimGray"][FONT="Tahoma"]I don't see where you get off saying drinking and doing drugs ruins your life. First off, it depends how much alcohol you consume and what drugs your doing. If you only smoke pot casually I don't think it's really ruining your life.

Seriously. >_>[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I was never trying to make that point. I never said they will ruin your life. I was trying to say they COULD ruin your life just as could illegal drugs, and that people should do what they want to their own bodies, and for that reason all potentially harmful substances may as well be legalized. So, maybe you should try reading further than the first sentence of my post, so you can understand what I was trying to say with that statement, rather than just reading a little bit and saying "Yippee, an oppurtunity to lengthen my e-peen" :animesigh

[quote name='Identity']"Yippee, an oppurtunity to lengthen my e-peen" :animesigh[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DimGray"][FONT="Tahoma"]What the ****'s an e-peen? And what the crap are you going on about? You said...

"If someone wants to ruin their life by doing those kinds of things, they should do so."

That's definitely saying that doing drugs [i]will[/i] ruin your life, not saying they might. I wasn't fighting your opinion on the matter (which is you don't care what people do) but rather how you said if you do drugs it will ruin your life.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='White'][COLOR="DimGray"][FONT="Tahoma"]What the ****'s an e-peen? And what the crap are you going on about? You said...

"If someone wants to ruin their life by doing those kinds of things, they should do so."

That's definitely saying that doing drugs [i]will[/i] ruin your life, not saying they might. I wasn't fighting your opinion on the matter (which is you don't care what people do) but rather how you said if you do drugs it will ruin your life.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

By "Doing these kind of things" I meant going overboard with it/ using hard drugs. I guess I didnt word it right, I dont know. Can we just end the arguement? It may have sounded like that's what I meant, but it's not. Sorry.

I'm not against drinking but it depends on what drugs you're talking about. Drinking is pretty harmless when controlled, but when it gets out of hand it can ruin you're life as you say. I've grown up in a community that has very little alcohol related incidents, so I know how to drink responsibly and most everyone here does too. It's almsot about self control, if you don't have it don't drink.

As for drugs, there's drugs that are considered medicines like aspirin. Everyone shouldn't be against those, then theres the street drugs that I'm sure you're referring to. Marijuana I'm not against, because I myself am a casual smoker of it. I do know people who may smoke it 3 times a day but it hasn't ruined their life and they've done it for years. Hell some of the smartest and kindest people I know smoke Marijuana. Research show that the only long term side effect from smoking marijuana is upper respiratory problems, but you can avoid that by consuming it differently or using a vaporizer.

Other drugs though like crack, cocaine, ecstasy, and etc. I'm against. They are harmless and can actually kill you in pretty small doses. Everytime you use it you're risking your life. I don't think it's right to risk your life just to get a high. Sure it maybe a great high, but still not worth it. I would prefer to stick to marijuana where there hasn't been a single recorded death to date because of marijuana.

Edit: Also for all those who would like to feel a high that's like a very limited version of a marijuana high, without having to consume anything in your body and drop the risk. Meaning it's legal and the government does know about and approves it. It's called iDoser. Google it. It's just music files that you listen to. They play at certain frequencies that actually mess with your brain waves which then give you the feeling of a high.