OtakuBoards

Conventions '07

Shaholl

[color=#9933ff]*jaw drops* You would get a picture for me if you saw them?!? OMG! *hugs r2vq* ^_^

[quote name='"quote from person cosplaying"']I will be attending Anime North in May! Look for my cosplay as Mission!Omi on Friday/Saturday and Side B Mission!Chloe on Sunday and say hello![/quote] "Mission!Omi" is probably this picture:

[url="http://bombay2008.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/omi01.jpg.w300h294.jpg"]Click![/url]

If you don't see this person at all, don't worry. "Mission!Omi" is sort of vague, since he has three mission outfits, but I'm not going to worry about the other two. *shrug*

"Side B Mission!Chloe" entails: [url]http://www.hopeforlorn.net/images/Talithax_Chloe_card.jpg[/url]

Ohmigosh, thank you so much, just for offering, r2vq! ^_^

[color=DarkGreen]I made the the URL a link so it wouldn't distort the site anymore, hope you don't mind.
[/color][/color][right][color=DarkGreen]~Raiyuu[/color]
[/right]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]The only convention I'm probably going to go to this year is Tekkoshocon 5 in PA. Tekko has been over for almost a month now (the con was during April 13-15). It was my 2nd Tekko and my first was Tekkoshocon 4 through March 31-April 2, but I only went Friday. ^^; I would LOVE to go to other anime cons out of state, but I probably won't be able to do that until I'm older. xD; I'd like to go to Anime Expo this year, but I don't know if that would be even possible. I wish. [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][FONT=Book Antiqua][QUOTE=White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]
Will any of you OBers be going to Anime North? ._.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I'm going too!! I'm so excited! I was going to go camping that weekend, with the school, but I already bought my ticket. :shifty:

I never been to Anime North. The most I did was pass by it when my sisters and I were dropping my mother off to a conference. :( But, it was fun driving past cosplayers. Now that I think about it, it's kind of sad that I never went because I only live seven minutes from the airport.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#9933ff]R2vq,

I hope I'm not imposing any further on your con-fun at Anime North. I just found out one of my favorite fanfiction authors is going to be cosplaying at Anime North, though (@_@). If you happen to see him, could you get a picture? He's going as this guy (on the front page): [url]http://firey-heaven.net/schuldig/[/url] but with green hair and panda ears. ...Actually, he may look like the green-haired bandanna guy in [url="http://www.kekkai.org/wkcorner/manga/schwarz-casual.jpg"]this pic[/url]. (These characters have too many outfits!!!) Grr. Ah well, once again, don't kill yourself to find them. If you see them, you see them. Ya don't, ya don't. Thanks muchly anyway. I already adore you for offering. =)[/color]

[FONT=Tahoma]I'm also quite new to the whole convention scene, it's something I've always wanted to go to but never have. I am however aiming to go to NYAF in december, i live 45 minutes away from the Javits Center so I could easily commute for all three days. I'm also hoping to go to NY Comic-con next year, as I wanted to go this year but there were complications involving my friends who decided they couldn't go at the last minute. I should have just went by myself. But, this is about conventions in 07, so back to NYAF we go :).

ADV, Tokyopop, Publisher's Weekly, Diamond Previews and BookExpo 2007 have already been confirmed as sponsors with more to be announced. I don't know about any specific guests or appearences yet, but there's still time.

As for cosplaying, i'm trying to work out some things with me friends. We're thinking either a Bleach captain theme (in which I would go as Hitsugaya) or a Naruto theme in which i'd probably play Neji or Shika. If we decide on no theme then I may go as Squall. I am not 100% certain if i'm even going to dress up at all, but thinking about it is fun, heh. It's something I've never done so it seems like it would be bundles of fun for a couple of days, just to see what it's like.[/FONT]