OtakuBoards

One Piece Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Tatsubei Yagyu

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Finally, I've made the One Piece thread. This is mine. All mine!!! :D

Since this is the first post...
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8115/725onepiece0gg.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

One Piece is an anime following the adventures of Monkey D. Luffy, Captain of the Mugiwara Kaizoku-dan (Straw Hat Pirate Crew). His ultimate goal is the sail through the infamous Grand Line in order to obtain the legendary treasure that lies at the in. dubbed "One Piece," based on the final words of the man called the "Pirate King," Gold Roger, who left it there. Luffy sets out to gather a legendary crew and surpass Gold Roger and become the next Pirate King by finding One Piece.

So yeah, that's the basics of the story. Check out the manga and anime in it's original form, as many consider One Piece as their favorite Shonen anime series.

Anyway, straight to business...

It seems in Chapter 441 that [spoiler] in Ace's intense battle against Blackbeard, has sacrificed himself with a large ball of fire in order to exact his revenge for his fallen comrade. All that appears to be left of him is his signature hat...[/spoiler]

Though, I love Ace, being Luffy's brother and all, I can't wait till they show the next adventure of the Mugiwara. :3

But, since they're showing this bout now, I have a sneaking thought that sometime soon Blackbeard and his band shall start there plan of obtaining the bounties of all the Mugiwara Pirates ([spoiler]Yes, I'm sure Blackbeard and co. survived Ace's final gamble. Not so sure about Ace's fate though...[/spoiler]).

Well, those are my thoughts. Let's hear yours. <3

Sidenote: In the anime, they're getting reeeeeal close to Luffy's [spoiler] GEAR THIRD[/spoiler] technique!!!! I can't wait![/FONT][/COLOR] :animesmil

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ONE PIECE is great still dnt understand why people dnt reply to this thread. Well anyway anyone have any ideas whether [spoiler] Ace will die around now because he is up against darkness which is pretty cool [/spoiler] dnt want him to he's way to strong.

Did you guys know that [spoiler]the Dragon guy was luffy's dad, man this manga gets better and better it was a bit of a shock though. I think we get a bit of a hint when he's fighting Smoker[/spoiler] because some guy come out of no where and saves him.

i definitely hope we get to see [spoiler] the full power of luffy's GEAR THIRD [/spoiler] it looked great in the manga.

While 441 left you wondering at the end what happened. Chapter 442 kept us wondering and went in a whole new direction. This is one of the best arc beginings I've seen in a while I wonder if we actually get a new [spoiler]crew member this easily. He is one cool looking character though and makes Franky seem normal in comparison. I hope he really did join [/spoiler]either way I can't wait until next week.

This is starting to remind me of the beginning of Arabasta, way back just before arriving to Whiskey peak, [spoiler]Brook escaped off of the ship to the island in a similar manner that the then unknown Mr. 5 and Miss Wednesday escaped.[/spoiler] Something tells me we're in for a sort of combination saga of Baroque Works saga and World Government saga, using elements from both, but the same enjoyable surprising storyline Oda manages to come up with every time.

• 2 weeks later...
It's finally here! A manga board for One Piece! Domo, Tatsubei! Okay, on to business.

I'm one of the few who are of the opinion that [spoiler]Ace is alive. I don't think Logias can "run out" of their elements, and as far as I remember, any deceased characters so far were either part of one of the Mugiwara backstories or Mr. 9. It doesn't seem like Oda's style to kill off someone like Ace. I think it more likely Blackbeard will be Shichibukai when he meets Luffy, thanks to the bounty he gained from handing Ace over to be carted off to Impel Down.[/spoiler]

Also, is it just me or is [spoiler]Sunny[/spoiler] just getting cooler and cooler? I mean, [spoiler]Mini Merry? C'mon, that just rules! Brooke is becoming more and more interesting by the minute. I hope he does join and give the Straw Hats the Power of Afro permanently. They're gonna need it against Kuzan. He's got plenty.[/spoiler]

• 4 weeks later...
Chapter 448 the if I liked where this arc was headed before I love it now.

It brought in the second [spoiler] Shichi Bukai named Gecko Moria. Since Luffy took on Crocodile the first of the six or is it seven(?) of their group I wonder if another crew member is going to handle this one. We all ready see the undead swordsman so we know that Zoro will be for that fight can't wait to find out who he was in life. Another thing that got me going this chapter was the group attack those crack me up every time.[/spoiler]

• 1 month later...
454: YES. [Spoiler]Brooke is one deadly gentleman. cane sword is one thing I would definitely love to see develop as a crewmember fighting style. Also, Nami a transvestite? I wonder how Sanji would feel... nah, she's lying. Chopper's innocence is as amusing as ever, though.[/Spoiler]

Sidenote: it seems that FUNimation has aquired the rights to the One Piece anime (FINALLY!) Read all about it on the Anime Lounge One Piece thread.

• 4 months later...
Chapter 470 all ready I am really enjoying this one. As it's been 22 chapters since my last post I may backtrack a bit. So far I'm going to have to say the best fight belongs to Usopp and his special brand of talent.

To see [spoiler] Oz come to life was pretty cool and now to see him under Moria's control and taking out Strawhats left and right is a bit scary. I have to wonder if Luffy will beat Moria or will Oz if Luffy's personality takes over again? I'm also wonfering has anyone besides Brooke recovered their shadow yet? Maybe this is why they are getting knocked around so much.[/spoiler]

Edit- Geez I mis-spelled spoiler.

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Ben Holiday...

I have to thank you for reviving the One Piece thread. *bows*

Now to the topic matter;

I don't think that [spoiler] the shadows made a huge difference in their strength...

I really doubt that Zoro could beat a Legendary Swordsman without all his power. And Sanji beat the hell out of Absolom (sp?).

I'm just thinking Oz is just that strong. :S [/spoiler]

Can't wait for tomorrow's chapter, as last week didn't have one. ;o;[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Ben Holiday...

I have to thank you for reviving the One Piece thread. *bows*

Now to the topic matter;

I don't think that [spoiler] the shadows made a huge difference in their strength...

I really doubt that Zoro could beat a Legendary Swordsman without all his power. And Sanji beat the hell out of Absolom (sp?).

I'm just thinking Oz is just that strong. :S [/spoiler]

Can't wait for tomorrow's chapter, as last week didn't have one. ;o;[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Hey, folks. I'm back.

Point: [spoiler]Absalom[/spoiler] doesn't count. He's not a zombie. Neither is [spoiler]Perona.[/spoiler] They're alive, although Abs has had some reconstructive surgery, apparently. Besides, didn't Moria himself say that [spoiler]Shadow owners have at least half the bearing on the strength of the zombie?[/spoiler]
Anyway, If you all have read this week's chapter, you know that [spoiler]BARTHOLOMEW FRIGGING KUMA[/spoiler] has arrived in Thriller Barque. Also, as per chapter 453 spoilers, he seems to have news of our favorite [spoiler]pyrokinetic[/spoiler] (Hint, hint.)

Edit: Now that I see what you were talking about, I agree. I don't think [spoiler]shadow loss affects shadow owner[/spoiler]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Keep talk of the anime to the Anime Lounge thread, please. Thanks! —Kei[/color][/size]

[quote name='Aceburner']
Anyway, If you all have read this week's chapter, you know that [spoiler]BARTHOLOMEW FRIGGING KUMA[/spoiler] has arrived in Thriller Barque. Also, as per chapter 453 spoilers, he seems to have news of our favorite [spoiler]pyrokinetic[/spoiler] (Hint, hint.)

[/QUOTE]

That part worries me. [spoiler]Ace[/spoiler] is one of my favorite characters and what [spoiler]Kuma[/spoiler] said to [spoiler]Nami[/spoiler], plus previous knowledge of [spoiler]chapter 442 ([i]was it 442?[/i])[/spoiler] completely puts me into panic mode.

Why?

[spoiler]Hardly anyone freakin' dies in One Piece![/spoiler]

[u]Best-case Senario[/u]: [spoiler]Whitebeard[/spoiler] needing to use his Pimp Powers and sharing his [spoiler]nurses of doom[/spoiler].

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Been a while, peeps. ~_~ <3

About the Chp. 474:

I just love hearing how the [spoiler]World Government is worried that the Straw Hat are gonna take down another Shichibukai...[/spoiler]

...and I'm hoping that [spoiler]Luffy rejoins the crew, and they use yet another Team attack to defeat Moria and Oz[/spoiler] (you guys notice how many there have been in this Arc? <_<)!!!

What I think is that Nami's gonna run into Luffy, and bring him to the others in order to finish business. :D

I wonder what [spoiler] Kuma would do if it got to the point where the Straw Hats are gonna win...[/spoiler] o__o;

So yeah. As always, I'm looking forward to the next chapter intensely. >_<[/COLOR][/FONT]

Docking incomplete! Docking INCOMPLETE! *giggles*

[spoiler]All these team attacks really show how in-tune the Mugiwaras are with one another. I'm rather glad that they're doing this... although if too many more happen during just this arc, I might become slightly annoyed.

Oh, and Kuma would just sit there.[/spoiler] At least, that's what I think.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"][quote name='Nehszriah'][spoiler]Oh, and Kuma would just sit there.[/spoiler] At least, that's what I think.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you may be right...but...

[spoiler]Moria may not of wanted his help, but from the looks of it, I feel like Kuma is waay power. I don't know why, so even if he didn't want his help, he really couldn't do anything to stop him. :P

Also, since he's the only one that listens to the World Government, he could take what they want over Moria wanting to defend his own pride, rather than the balance of the world.

I just get the feeling that Kuma's gonna do something...[/spoiler]

And Robin is a poor sport not to be a part of the Docking... :'< lololol[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]EDIT: ACK! TWO PAGES!!! FINALLY! [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu']

I just get the feeling that Kuma's gonna do something...[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I get that feeling too, but I think it's more along the lines of [spoiler] bringing Luffy awful-bad news about this brother.[/spoiler] I could be wrong though. Only time will tell.

• 1 month later...
Well, looks like [spoiler]Odz[/spoiler] is done. [spoiler]I'm not sure he's really "dead," though. Is anyone else thinking he might still have Luffy's shadow? Either way, Moria doesn't seem to have any overly remarkable abilities, so once he wakes up and finds out that Odz is a paraplegic, he'll probably have to concede.[/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...
I can kind of understand it. He hasn't REALLY put himself in any direct danger yet. Even when he was on the field, he basically [spoiler]hid behind Odz.[/spoiler]

Then again, the fact that Moria hasn't conceded yet does tend to go against his "you do it" attitude. For me, TB is one of the mid quality arcs. It's definitely no Alabasta, but it's better than Baratie. Besides, this means we get to see a bit more of [spoiler]Gear 2nd.[/spoiler]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]You hate Caimie's lips? :O

They're like Nojiko's! They're sooo cute! D:

But anyway, I haven't been around in forever to keep my poor One Piece thread alive...T_T

But I shall pump as much blood into it as possible for as long as I can! :smirk:

The lastest event of One Piece have been very interesting to me. With the Tenryuubito, and the new "Eleven Supernovas," I foresee a bunch of action coming from many directions at the Straw Hats...

...and must definitely, Zoro's going to get caught by a Tenryuubito. <_<;[/COLOR][/FONT]