OtakuBoards

Why are you here on Otakuboards?

Adahn

[QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]Yo, guys, lay off the poor dude. His arguments may be verbosely meaningless, and somewhat irritating sometimes, but he just likes to hear himself talk. That's about it. That's all this thread is here for.

So, come on. Somebody out-blither him already. (^_^)[/FONT][/QUOTE]For the love of [spoiler] insert what ever you want here [/spoiler] don?t encourage him. Even if they were trying to make things interesting or they just loved to hear themselves talk, I shudder at the thought of someone out-blithering him so to speak.

No offense Adahn, but your premises that others would intuitively know what your question was, is but a red herring to cover what I see as a desire to, as Allamorph put it, hear yourself talk. Unfortunately all it does it make you look, in my eyes, like an arrogant [spoiler] insert what ever you think fits. [/spoiler] Especially the part about bending others personalities until they are of a shape with your own. No thanks pal. I?ll pass on that part.

As for the apparently hidden original question, my reason for being here is simple. My best friend Crystia is a member here and it is for that reason alone that I joined. That and when I realized SunfallE was doing an RPG based off of her Silver One story, I wanted to be a part of it. ;)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=2]SunfallE,[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]I apologize for overlooking the rules when creating this thread, and I will try to be more conscious of what I am doing next time.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]I really have to learn that not everyone's a mind reader. I was trying to be cryptic, but not to the point that it angers and confuses people.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]DigitalBoy,[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]I still can't make much sense of what you're trying to say. None of the words I used should have required but a moment's thought to ascertain their meaning. Yet, even your explanations require special attention due to their staggered sentence structure. What voice would I like to hear? One that is cryptic, but can also be unravelled without the use of a specialized dictionary. I cannot tell you how much I [i]love[/i] complete sentences.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]As for what I wrote originally, I will explain everything I wrote, and the intent. It would be [i]fun[/i] if I didn't have to, but what can be done?[/size]

[QUOTE=Adahn]

[size=2]There you are, probably sitting in a chair in front of a computer screen, and you're being asked [i]why[/i]. You're probably wondering to yourself right now why I made the preceding statement. The reason, of course, is that what you see here is leading up to a question, and this little introduction is a part of the process of being asked this particular question. That first sentence, then, is valid so long as I [i]do[/i] type the words you have been led to believe will appear. Unfortunately, I will not do this. You and I both know the question, even though it has [i]technically[/i] not been asked.
[/QUOTE]
[size=2]The first sentence places you in a chair in front of a computer, and tells you that you are being asked why. Everything following it is meant to confuse you as to the question, and cause you to lose your train of thought. It is [i]especially[/i] meant to separate the first sentence from the next two paragraphs.[/size]
[/size][size=2][/size]
[size=2][/size]
[QUOTE=Adahn]

[size=2]I am here because I like to write, and I like for others to see what I write. I enjoy being nonsensical, spiritual, argumentative, and persuasive. Ultimately, I want to be an effective enough writer to make each and every one of you like myself. It will be difficult without a physical form, but I will do my utmost to bend your personalities until they are of a shape with my own.
[/QUOTE]
[size=2]Here I am, explaining why I am here. I am answering the question I didn't quite ask, but to which I alluded. I thought for [i]sure[/i] people would understand this and think to themselves, "Wow, that's a strange way to ask a question!" Unfortunately, I failed completely. The last two sentences are tangentially inspired bullcrap. I thought that might not be obvious, so the first sentence of the next paragraph starts as you can see below.[/size]
[/size][size=2][/size]
[QUOTE=Adahn]

[size=2]I like to make up crap and see if people will believe me. I speak the truth in such a way that you will [i]not[/i] believe me. Truth and knowledge are [i]mine[/i], and any effort I make to share is a poisoned one. This is my place to be selfish, uncaring, and unendurable, without any fear of real consequences. Here I am immortal, untouchable, and the only beauty perceivable is that which I craft with my hands. Here, you live through my work, and I through yours. This is the only art with which I am competent.[/size]
[/QUOTE]
[size=2]Apart from the first sentence, the rest is essentially true. It is also a continuation of my answer to the question, which I thought would be even [i]more[/i] painfully obvious.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]I [i]like[/i] being cryptic, but I also wanted people to be [i]able[/i] to interpret what I said. I suppose my hints are visible to me alone, unless some of you can see what I was getting at, now that I have explained everything. If you still think I was impossible to understand, please don't tell me. I can't be cryptic [i]and[/i] be clearer than I am here without feeling cheap. I suppose my flaw is that I am more afraid of being taken as an idiot trying to be cryptic than an idiot trying too hard to be cryptic.[/size]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I get the feeling this was his intention all along. Maybe he wanted to create the thread like this so that everyone would get like this and then in that way we would have become what he wanted us to become. I think we fell into his trap, so to speek. That or I'm reading to much into it. It's not like he can come out and say this is the truth or something, and no one will ever believe it, but I'd be interested to know if he's rubbing his hands and giggling as we toil mindlessly over sich an insignificant piece if universe (and before anyone says the don't care, you do).

Also @ Adahn: Does't thou now feel my sorrow?[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]I am here because I googled something, and it led me to this site. I liked what I saw, so I joined. I stayed because I still like what I see. The people here are FAN-tastic, and the topics are usually interesting. This one is, ironically, slightly lacking in the "interest" category, simply because no one is really answering the question...[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Adahn][size=2]SunfallE,[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]I apologize for overlooking the rules when creating this thread, and I will try to be more conscious of what I am doing next time.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]I really have to learn that not everyone's a mind reader. I was trying to be cryptic, but not to the point that it angers and confuses people.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]DigitalBoy,[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]I still can't make much sense of what you're trying to say. None of the words I used should have required but a moment's thought to ascertain their meaning. Yet, even your explanations require special attention due to their staggered sentence structure. What voice would I like to hear? One that is cryptic, but can also be unravelled without the use of a specialized dictionary. I cannot tell you how much I [i]love[/i] complete sentences.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]As for what I wrote originally, I will explain everything I wrote, and the intent. It would be [i]fun[/i] if I didn't have to, but what can be done?[/size]

[size=2]The first sentence places you in a chair in front of a computer, and tells you that you are being asked why. Everything following it is meant to confuse you as to the question, and cause you to lose your train of thought. It is [i]especially[/i] meant to separate the first sentence from the next two paragraphs.[/size]
[/size][size=2][/size]
[size=2][/size]

[size=2]Here I am, explaining why I am here. I am answering the question I didn't quite ask, but to which I alluded. I thought for [i]sure[/i] people would understand this and think to themselves, "Wow, that's a strange way to ask a question!" Unfortunately, I failed completely. The last two sentences are tangentially inspired bullcrap. I thought that might not be obvious, so the first sentence of the next paragraph starts as you can see below.[/size]
[/size][size=2][/size]

[size=2]Apart from the first sentence, the rest is essentially true. It is also a continuation of my answer to the question, which I thought would be even [i]more[/i] painfully obvious.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]I [i]like[/i] being cryptic, but I also wanted people to be [i]able[/i] to interpret what I said. I suppose my hints are visible to me alone, unless some of you can see what I was getting at, now that I have explained everything. If you still think I was impossible to understand, please don't tell me. I can't be cryptic [i]and[/i] be clearer than I am here without feeling cheap. I suppose my flaw is that I am more afraid of being taken as an idiot trying to be cryptic than an idiot trying too hard to be cryptic.[/size][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]I was holding off on posting in this thread because I easily saw things getting a bit out of hand, but this post alone really does wonders for how I am about to approach what has been discussed in this topic thus far. What you've realized here, regardless of whether you are being sincere or facetious, is a concept essential to maturing your intellectuality. The concept is realizing that when you've thought something through in your own head, no matter how it's worded it is initially understandable by yourself only. The level of everyone's knack for understanding, analysis, or linguistic decoding varies greatly. Considering this when conveying your messages, questions, opinions, etc etc is the difference between being presumptuous and being humble.

A community like OB is full of all kinds of people, when posting here or any other publically open venue it's important to remember that when things are worded they should appeal to the understanding capability of the masses unless otherwise noted beforehand. Not necessarily because of the varying levels in people's intellegence, but because your personal ways of thinking and understanding may simply be different from other's. So it's more of a case pertaining to perception and comprehension then it is a case of intellegence. As there are also many different forms of intellegence, and descriptions for those forms.

In reference to the reason why you believe your flaw is what it is, that very fear comes naturally to many people. You have to try and realize though that people truly put less stock into their judgement about you when you're not trying to impose yourself through the means of how you posted your first post in this thread. I think White has already said that it would have been more than acceptable to word the questions the most obvious way, and that it seems you tried to overshadow the intention of the post with your desire to showcase your level of intellegence to everyone. When you are an intellegent person, respect comes much in the same way as it does for anybody...there is no real exception. Do not try to force it upon others, just contribute what you can and let people see it for themselves. The results may seem to come slower, but when they come it will be in a much larger effect.

To be an idiot you have to showcase idiocy, not the lack of intellegence. Do not feel like an idiot because you are unable to reveal what you want to the fullest extent of how you want. People are not judging you based on your own standards, remember that.

In any case, I did originally understand what you wanted to ask but just chose not to post in it yet. But since i've decided to post this, it would seem appropriate that I answer the question and keep the thread on topic as best I can =).

Why am I here? Well, like many others I was probably drawn to OB while looking for something elsewhere (in my case, a search engine) and I was taken to a thread dedicated to a thread in the anime section (about Naruto if i remember correctly). For the longest time i visited Theotaku.com for whatever purpose (wallpapers, articles, etc) and rarely ventured into OB itself. Then when I finally decided to register and start posting, my main goals was to contribute to the topics that piqued my interest so I could enjoy discussions and debates on topics of common interest between myself and others. From there I found myself to the Adventure Square, since RPing has been an interest of mine for years. It's there I met many of my the current friends I speak to now from OB, and at this point it has really become a cozy place for me to be. Still being rather new in comparison to the majority of the active members on the board, I've settled in rather well I feel.[/font]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Well, i'm here because I love to see all the interesting topic's here on the Boards', as well as throw my 2 cent's in. And sometime's you get lucky and meet some new friend's too.^^(Ikillion, he's cool.) I also like the way thing's are done on this forum, I mean, most forum's that you go to are basically just chat room's. But here you have rule's and guideline's, which is pretty cool, in my book. And that pretty much sum's up why i'm here.^^[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size=2]I am [i]not[/i] very social in person. I actively ignore all but those who speak. I am, however, very engaged in class discussions. Do you know what it's like to ask a question in a [i]lecture,[/i] especially when your question is the first asked since the beginning of the term? I asked two questions in my microbiology class today, the only two asked for two weeks. The people in that class may not know my name, but they know I am in their class. They will recognize me. It was so strange, to have them turn and look at me. Yet, I didn't register a single one of them in my mind. I asked my question, kept my eyes locked on the professor, and moved on. I am [i]deathly[/i] afraid of approaching people I don't know, for whatever reason.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]I'm sorry for the self-exploration, but it helps me to gather my thoughts. I am here because I need an outlet for all the social interactions in which I don't participate. If I'm not the most pleasant person here, it's probably because every conversation I have outside of here is pleasant. I want your ridicule, and for those willing to give it, your love. If I were a socially balanced person, you would probably find me quite personable all the time. I don't think I could develop a [i]personality, [/i]like I have seen so many others do here. This is a place where mistakes can be corrected before they are even made. I don't usually take things back, even if they aren't consistent with what I have already written. I treat the words I write as if they are spoken, and cannot be taken back. I like it here because I have so much [i]time[/i] to choose my words. If I take a minute's pause to gather my thoughts, all that exists of that pause for the reader is a space, a fraction of a second to read. But, I will not take my words back, not a single one of them. They are all my creations, each and every one my precious child. Even if you don't cherish them (and I really hope you don't, as that would be awkward), I do.[/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Ironically I came to OtakuBoards due to an issue with a wallpaper I had made for theOtaku. I was only interested in getting help on that issue. I had not intended to join and for the first bit all I did was read and post occasionally. It didn?t take long for me to become more involved and what kept me around more than anything was the sheer number of friendly people at both sites.

That and [spoiler] stalking Des is too much fun to give up [/spoiler] I also keep coming here since there are some people who I really enjoy reading what they have to say. [/COLOR]

Where do I begin? Okay obviously to you newer peoples (that is, anyone that joined since 2004) I don't show up very often. This is simply because my interest in anime has fizzled out somewhat. But back on topic.
Well, I joined here waaaay back when there where different forums for each anime. I was hugely obsessed with Dragonball/Z/GT as you may remember (older members) and yeah. I was 11 or 12 trying to pass myself off as a 19-or-so year old. Which may or may not have worked. I believe I was on theOtaku looking in some kind of PokeDex thingy when I noticed the word "forum" and there ya go. I don't remember why I came up with this SN though. :animeknow

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Comic Sans MS]LOL! That was complex sounding... well I'm only here simply because I'm bored out of my mind and I don't feel like starting on my English class project ^.^; And hopefully no one will try to kill me for saying this but I don't really like it very much here either so I guess I only come to help out people and when I'm bored :animeswea [/FONT] [/COLOR]

I'm an anime fan. This is a forum for anime fans. The people here (well lots of them) are not your average "watch anime on tv and thats it" crowd but your "hardcore fansub watchers" crowd. That's why I like it here (I'm one of those people...^_^;;) The people here have interesting opinions and its fun to read those opinions and see a topic in a different way.

[quote name='sbsp13668][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Comic Sans MS]LOL! That was complex sounding...[/FONT'] [/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial][I]*gasp!*[/I] You've figured it out. Congratulations. Have a cookie.
[quote name='Adahn']I am not very social in person.[/quote]
Well, then. In that case, I have a (possibly sardonic) question for you, and I quote:
"Are your maladjusted antisocial tendencies the product of your berserk pituitary gland?"[/FONT]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=1][font=Microsoft Sans Serif]Alright, bear with me here... This might get a little longer than usual. I've read over the whole thread, and I find it interesting for a number of reasons.

First and foremost in my mind is the aggravation that this topic created for some users. Now I'm[i] not[/i] saying that anyone got really steamed over it, but rather slightly perturbed. Like so:[/font] [/size][/font][font="] [quote name='Retribution]Adahn, your topic is ridiculously pseudophilosophical and as a result, comes off only as [b]un[/b']interesting and mildly irritating[/quote][/font][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1]

T[size=1]his was followed with:[/size][/size][/font] [quote name='Adahn]Why must you speak so of pseudophilosophy? [u]I wish to be a philosopher, but I have no experience,[/u] no training to give weight to my words. So, I write in this manner, choosing words and forms that are dense by their very [i]nature[/i]. This thread asks but a simple question. Some choose to answer in the voice of what has already been written, others as they are most comfortable, and others still ignore the question, attempting to undermine a thread which others may enjoy.[/QUOTE][font=System][size=1]And later, this:[/size][/font] [QUOTE=Adahn]I [i]like[/i] being cryptic, but I also wanted people to be [i]able[/i] to interpret what I said. I suppose my hints are visible to me alone, unless some of you can see what I was getting at, now that I have explained everything. If you still think I was impossible to understand, please don't tell me. I can't be cryptic [i]and[/i'] be clearer than I am here without feeling cheap. I suppose my flaw is that I am more afraid of being taken as an idiot trying to be cryptic than an idiot trying too hard to be cryptic.[/quote] [size=1][font=System]
[font=Arial]
[font=Microsoft Sans Serif]Mmmk. Now that we're all on the same page... What follows is what I've been thinking of. [/font][/font][/font][font=Microsoft Sans Serif]
[/font] [/size][font=Microsoft Sans Serif]
[/font] [font=Microsoft Sans Serif][font=Trebuchet MS][size=1][font=Microsoft Sans Serif]Retribution, I think Adahn wasn't trying to be so much pseudophilosophical as either simply trying to be long-winded or actually philosophical. If his aim was the former, then I agree that it is slightly annoying and pointless. But I'm guessing that Adahn's goal is centered on finding out what philosophy actually [i]is [/i]and how to write eloquently.And for someone who is inexperienced in the realm of higher intellectual thought and proper eloquence in speech, getting involved in such a discussion is quite a task... Forget about starting one! *Disclaimer: I'm[i] not [/i]picking a fight. I'm not disagreeing with what you said. I'm simply commenting and voicing my thoughts for the sake of furthering the discussion... That tends to get me in trouble, so I wrote this in order to keep things focused. ^-^ Note also that I'm not trying to be a pretentious ***. <3*[/font]
[/size][/font]

[/font] [font=Arial Black][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1]Adahn, I address you secondly for a reason, as this is the main thought behind my post (aside from actually answering your question) and because I would like to make a point of asking for an actual reply from you. :twitch: I'll quote you once more...[/size][/font]
[/font]

[quote name='Adahn]I'm sorry for the [u]self-exploration[/u], but it helps me to gather my thoughts. I am here because I need an outlet for all the social interactions in which I don't participate. If I'm not the most pleasant person here, it's probably because every conversation I have outside of here is pleasant. I want your ridicule, and for those willing to give it, your love. If I were a socially balanced person, you would probably find me quite personable all the time. I don't think I could develop a [i]personality, [/i']like I have seen so many others do here.[/quote][size=1][font=System]
[font=Microsoft Sans Serif]
[/font] [font=Garamond][size=2][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1]From the previous paragraph, it would seem that my guess is correct. You started this thread in a very heavy-worded manner. Twisting a weaving your words in such a way as the either confuse or fascinate the reader of your words. I understand now that you meant to experiment with this, and try to understand the mechanics of it. So I'll try to help! The issue here is that your words don't really mean much of anything. Most of it is useless fluff. You have very long-winded statements that have very shallow points. I don't mean to be rude, but I think you need to actually be told that this is the truth. If I skirt around it without actually ever addressing the issue directly, you won't learn from it. ^-^ And if I'm not mistaken, learning is the main point of you creating this thread. I believe BKstyles stated that it's more an issue of whether what you said was understandable than if it was intelligent. That is to say... The difficulty in providing eloquence in verse is that it must be beautiful and at the same time understandable. Big words an intelligent statement does not make.[/size][/font]
[/size][/font] [/font][/size][font=Arial]
[font=Microsoft Sans Serif]
[/font][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1] If you want to dazzle people with your words, then continue using the style of writing that you are using, but put some weight to what you're saying. I know that you have stated you have a problem with this... So here's a bit of insight. Instead of "choosing words and forms that are dense by their very nature[/size][/font][/font][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1]" try simply picking topics or constructing paragraphs around an idea that is deep or 'dense' in nature. Being cryptic, or wording things in such a way as to make them difficult to understand does not mean that the actual subject is interesting, or deep, or philosophical. The type of discussion that I think you are aiming for is something that is difficult to understand at it's most basic level, and even when you are straight-forward with it and attempt to explain it in very simplified terms it is still difficult to understand.[/size]

[/font] [font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1]The reason that your first post in this thread didn't accomplish your desired effect is that what you are actually trying to say is very easy to understand. Yes, it is worded heavily. Yes, it [u]seems[/u] somewhat deep in nature. But it actually isn't. It's just worded as if it should be.[/size]

[/font] [font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1]I'm hoping you take this not as ridicule but as love. I think it's cool that you're actually actively experimenting with all of this... And when in comes to the whole personality thing, once again, BKstyles said a few things that I think relate heavily to that. Mostly speaking of the truth that people do not judge you by your standards. They judge you by their standards, and you don't know what those are... So thinking about it is kind of pointless. You will always be who you are, and your posting 'style' will reflect that. but you will also always be who they see you as. And that's something that is completely beyond your control. Either way, for whatever variety of reasons... I don't generally get very well known in any forum anywhere, so I kind of know what you mean.[/size][/font][font=Microsoft Sans Serif]

[/font] [size=1][font=System][font=Microsoft Sans Serif]ANYWAY! Onto the question that was never actually asked. I'm here because a real-life friend of mine, [url="http://otakuboards.com/member.php?userid=12088"]sakurasuka[/url], told me that OtakuBoards is awesome and that the RPing forum ruled. My old stomping ground's RPing forum was dying slowly, and I really, really, really want to get into a good role-play, so I came here. I haven't found an RP yet... But I'm waiting, and lurking, and stalking... *cough* for a good RP, of course.[/font]
[/font][/size]

[COLOR=Magenta]I'm here on the OB to meet new people from around the world. I also get to see what many manga, anime, or any other stuff that is going on around the world. I also love to type and it annoys my sister and so I keep typing. This is also a great place for joining threads, creating threads and talking about threads. I've love joining threads since I can express my personality and express my inner self.

I love this site and I intensionalty don't talk about my personal life with my friends but occasionally I do share some of the threads that are worth talking about. This is why I joined and why I am here. I also get to know many new manga. [/COLOR] :animesmil

[font=Tahoma]Allamorph,

I'm extremely uninformed in the area of physiology, so if you would be so kind as to tell me what the hell a pituitary gland is, and what function it has, I would be more than happy to answer your question.

Mnemonica,

I thought this particular mistake of mine was dead and buried, but here I find it resurrected. *sigh* I was bored when I created this thread, and wrote the introductory post to amuse myself. I am quite capable of discussing topics of substance and depth, but lately nothing has come to mind. When I combine pretty words with deep thoughts, the effect can be quite pleasant. Either without the other is quite ineffective and unappealing. I hope you enjoy OtakuBoards, and I hope you can find an RP that suits you.
[/font]

[font=arial]It's ironic that those of you who posted about Adahn dedicated most of your comments to him rather than the subject of the thread. Whether you like Adahn's way of posting or not, at least he has generally kept within the scope of the thread.

Anyway, my role here is obvious and I won't bore everyone with the details, but I will say that my activity here lately hasn't been what I'd like (this is mostly due to work and such). When I do come here, it's mostly just to read - I like to see what people think about a variety of issues and I also like to look at members' creative works. So I do check up on that sort of thing all the time, whether I'm posting or not.

I also like to keep in touch with the members in general...some of you I know really well and some of you I only know a little. I would like to know all of you a whole lot more, especially if time permitted. For the time being I just have to be satisfied that I have [i]some[/i] time to watch over the site - it's great to see how things change and how people grow, even on a message board.[/font]

Semi-off-topic: the pituitary gland is located at the base of the brain, near the brainstem, and controls/regulates the production and release of most of the body's hormones, including growth hormone, testosterone and oestrogen.

So what Allamorph was suggesting (a little overly snidely, I might add) was that you, Adahn, are suffering from hormonal imbalance and subsequently from social maladjustment.

I'm sure you could have looked that up on Wikipedia, though.

I'm here now 'cos in between sticking to a number of commitments I never thought I'd have, I like to lurk/blast an incoherent argument into a thread/see if certain people have popped their heads in to say hello. There's also nothing like a bit of Jeh-stalking to get the ol' steak & kidney pie going.

Previously, it was out of curiosity. Back in those days, not every site you landed on had it's own forum or an equivalent! Shortly after that, it was down to the friends I'd made here and the responsibilities James had given me.

[quote name='Adahn][FONT=Tahoma']I'm extremely uninformed in the area of physiology, so if you would be so kind as to tell me what the hell a pituitary gland is, and what function it has, I would be more than happy to answer your question.[/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]"Isn't he great, folks! Let's give him a big hand!"

(^_^)
[quote name='Raiyuu]So what Allamorph was suggesting ([U]a little overly snidely, I might add[/U']) was that you, Adahn, are suffering from hormonal imbalance and subsequently from social maladjustment.[/quote]
Bother. Here I am, quoting Calvin and Hobbes, and....yeah. Calvin's pretty snide most of the time anyway, so yeah. I really didn't ask you the question seriously so much as I just wanted to ask it, period. It just doesn't fit into many conversations easily, ya know?

And now, we return you to your regularly scheduled topic.

[I]*kzzzt*[/I][/FONT]

Well to answer your question...Role Playing, end of story, I found this site some time ago but I let myself slip away and stopped coming, Then I remembered it just today and so I got a new SN and here I am.

It's actually a surprise that I even checked this section of the forums, but now that I did I'm rather amused at what I have been reading and glad as a result. This is funny stuff to simply sit back and read. I'm not going to make any accusations or try to explain any thing like I've seen others do already, I would just like to say that this thread has made for some good readying, and in some ways reminds me of Monty Python, such a large amount of discussion has stemmed from such a simple question...a question that apparently though clearly stated yet never asked was in fact hard for some people to grasp...

Ah well look at me getting all long winded.
I'm off then.

-Armageddon

I joined basically to meet new people and also to discuss anime and to view other peoples opinions and to give my own when I have one. I've been a member of Otaku for a few years but only recently did I join OB. I find talking to people online is easier for me than on the telephone or in person. I'm not a very social person, its hard for me to just go up to someone I don't know and just start talking but online its easy for me for some reason.

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Well now, rather than going back and further insulting Adahn on the pointlessness of the original post of this thread, as has been done enough at this stage I think instead I'll answer the title question, though in my case after five and a half years it's more of a why am I [i]still[/i] here.

To answer said question I suppose it's a case that OtakuBoards has grown to be such a part of my daily routine that I do it as much out a habit as wanting to remain here. That said I still enjoy participating in discussions in the Lounge, as well as RPGs in the Arena whenever I get the opportunity, added to that many of the people who frequent OB are good friends of mine who's company I would miss if I were permanently offline and you have your reasons Adahn.

I will say one thing on your intro though, my cousin is a solicitor (lawyer) and one of his professors in college gave him a particularly apt statement about courtroom speeches. "90% of jurors" he said "are barely educated enough to speak competently, do them a favour and use words they actually have a chance of understanding. Using particularly eloquent speech does not make you look smarter, it makes them feel dumber and they'll take a dislike to you, which will make winning a case more difficult."[/SIZE]

[quote name='Haibara']I joined basically to meet new people and also to discuss anime and to view other peoples opinions and to give my own when I have one.[/quote]

[COLOR=Magenta]I also joined to meet new people too. Meeting people and getting to know them is soo great. I love the feeling of having to add another person to my buddy list. :D I feel so HAPPY and cherry at the same time![/COLOR]