OtakuBoards

Why are you here on Otakuboards?

Adahn

Why am I here on the OB...don't know really just bored and ya people here seem pretty sensible so I guess I'm here to associate with intellegent beings, but then again I...confuse myself sometimes....so does that make me mentally retarded or just one wierd indivudual who spells words like "lonely" wrong.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i found the Otaku while looking for info about anime.
I'm not as versed in the variety of anime/manga that i have watched/read, but i am getting there.
so far my favorites are Witch Hunter Robin and One Piece, but I've seen no where near all of either of them (and i own the WHR box set !).
I joined the OB cause i wanted to find out about more anime/mangas that i might be interested in; and to meet other people that have the same intrests as I do.

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Well it's nearly 1AM and I haven't been here in a month. Right now the reason I'm on otakuboards is because I haven't been here in a month and I'm curious to see what's been going on in my abscence.

When I first got here it was because I was really into anime and I wanted somewhere to discuss my obsession with Tasuki (Can't spell his name now, but he's from Fushigi YUgi) and Sesshomaru. But then I really got into politics (I joined in 2003 when the US started the fighting in Iraq) and debating.

But really I think I'm here because it gets on some people's nerves and who am I to dissapoint?[/color][/font]

• 2 months later...
[FONT=Times New Roman]Wow... once again I have gone a long period of time w/o being on... Not since January 25th... But anyway, umm... the reason I'm back on OB is because my interest in Anime has reawakened... I'm kind of an off and on member, and if you have a problem with that or fail to see me as a "true" anime fan, then thats fine, opinions you know, everyone has one. I'm hardly ever active in the Anime sections anymore anyway, but I try to keep caught up. I remembered that after I got familiarized with the site, I got more into Forum RPing, when before that I was a hardcore chat RPer. [/FONT]

Why am I here on OB? Well in some ways it simple. In the begginning I wanted to post about anime. Now however I want to see what other people feel about issues. I also want to speak what I think on issues even if others don't agree or have a diffrerent way of putting things. I want to also see what I have common with other people. Another thing that i like to do is show off my graphics and get some feedback on them and help. I want to become better not only at my graphics but also as a person.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Why am I here? It's actually a question of why I come back to this place. And that answer is so very simple. I'm addicted to the OB. It my not be elegant or sophisticated, but at least it's honest. I'm addiced to this place, and addicted to you, it's dear members. *sob* I... I love you guys *sob*....[/COLOR]

Guest Clonesy
[color=deeppink] Intervention!

Because I care for you, my dear Sojiro, I'm gifting to you a lifetime mebership to FA (that's forumholics anonymous) to help you with that addiction of yours. Getting yousrelf a clone to help you take on the struggles of life may help you fell less inclined to backslide into this pit of addiction you find yourself in. We're good like that.
We'll get through this, Sojiro, together.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Impact]Thank you Clonesy. I know that with your help, I might be able to overcome this crazy addiction tho the OB. Thank you so much. *Sob*. . . I told myself I wouldn't cry. . .*sob*. . . . . .*sob*[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo][quote name='Sephiroth][COLOR=DarkRed']James and Charles keep me locked up in a basement, I can't leave even if I wanted to :([/COLOR][/quote]That explains a lot, and here I thought that I was just imagining things when I thought I heard strange noises around here when it's quiet.

As for why I am here...like I said before stalking Des is too much fun to quit. ;)
[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]
Well I was here today to ask for help, which was a bit dumb *laughs*. It's in the thread titled "Stem Cell Research". It's a bit cheesy and stupid. But hey you don't know till you try right?

P.S. If you guys have some sites relating to Stem Cell Research PM me. Google spits out loads of stuff and I'm lazy. I don't want to be and am trying hard not to be, but the warm weather is getting to me, and as a guy I want to be outside doing who-knows-what. I know I suck. *laughs*[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I chose to come here because I...

A. Wanted to meet new users with similar interests (Art, Anime...), which is always fun to do. I thought there would be a lot of nice people here, and I was right. I consider users like Cat14 my friend already.

B. Get criticism on my artwork and get commissioned to do artwork without graphics/drawing elitists going, "OMG. U A NOOB GO WAI." and flaming me constantly. :animeswea

C. The smilies. Who doesn't love catgirls? :catgirl:

That's about it, really.

[COLOR=Magenta][B]Really...the OB is kinda like part of the family now. I come all the time...and I feel bad when I'm not on. Originally it was about "talking about my anime otakuness" and now I kind of just pay attention to other members and the Otaku Lounge. Without the OB, I'd probably be without good internet ettiquette and etc. Indeed.[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#DAA520]Because some of my friends in real life are here. As well as the ones I've made since I became a member. ^_^ I actually started over at myOtaku first, but once I joined and realized that the more active discussions were here I joined OB as well. And for the most part I hang around at OB instead of myOtaku. Though I still check in over there on occasion. And now I love coming and seeing what's up as well as being part of different RPG's and other interesting threads. [/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]Ah, yet another thread I've posted semi-sardonically in without actually addressing the topic.

Well, I [I]did[/I] for this one, really, but there was naught to be learned from what I said. Besides, this thread has lingered on longer than I initially thought, so....

I came here on a whim, four days after first signing onto theO, which only just occurred last September. Then, the left sidebar still possessed an OB link, and since I was somewhat bored, I investigated. I still remain because of the number of thsoe here who actually desire to make themselves sensible and coherent, and because of the presence of strong writers. Happenstance draws me; knowledge, understanding, and talent are what bid me ever return.

Forgive me my speech; solitude has returned to me my old familiar syntax. :animeknow [/FONT]

• 3 weeks later...
I first of all think that if the Adventure Square didn't exist here, I would have stopped coming here ever since the individual anime sections of OB disappeared. That is where I am the most often, and that is where I was originally introduced to online RPGs--and learned most of its do's and don'ts the hard way.

I think I first came here because of something on theOtaku where you could create a Digimon, but it said that in order to do that you had to be an OB member and have 200 posts there. Then I got interested in OB, talking in the Pokemon and Digimon sections a lot...

And I'm still here because this gives me a place to experiment with characters that are now present in stories I'm planning to write--it helps with their development. (A lot of those characters even [i]originated[/i] in the RPGs here.) And plus, I'm here because I've been here for the longest time of any forum I've joined (the other two are dedicated to Pokemon, to make up for the lost Pokemon subforum here), and once I get attached to something, it's hard for me to give it up...

Guest jbst
Why I'm here...I guess is because I feel comfatable talking with anime freaks... like me. It feels nice... ^ ^

I'm here because there is absolutely nothing to do in Economy class, too boring to even pay attention. Please someone get me away from this boredom. Originally I was here to make friends and so on, anyone want to be my friend? Just kidding :catgirl: :animeswea :animeblus :animesmil

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]Came here on accident, really. Was cruizin', yeah with a Z, the net one day about 4 years back just looking for, probably, big mech pictures and stumbled on theOtaku or something along those lines and when I clicked on the forum button I was led here.

Originally I signed up with no intention of really making a mark, not that I really have over the years anyway but eventually I found myself coming back over and over and so here I am. 4 years later about and I still come to the OB to check whats going on in the Lounge and Hardwired and various other sections.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkred][size=1]

On the quest for online RPGs and Trigun information, I tripped over the OBs and I've been here for going on five years now. It gives me a great place to meet interesting new friends, have great conversations/debates, a good haven for art, and also the perfect venue to show my writing/do some writing.

I just have to get over my whole "6 month hiatus" habit... heh. I'm sure alot of people are angry at me for that.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=Blue]I came here to be able to talk to people who share similar interests as myself. I come from the UK and despite how many Anime fans are said to be here I just can't seem to find many. There is the odd one or two I discuss it with but it feels great to be part of a big group who share similar interests.

It's also nice to be able to meet and talk to others from different countries.[/COLOR]