OtakuBoards

What grinds your gears?

Aberinkula

[COLOR=Blue]We all have soemthing that pisses us off. Some people hate it when you don't chew wtih your mouth closed. thers hate it when people laugh all the time. (Usualy girlfriends.) But what get's you off? [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DimGray]Is there something that just makes you mad? Or just annoys you? There's gotta be, otherwise your very nice. In the creepy way too.

As for me I hate it when people talk all the time, and talk out of turn.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DimGray]In my school there is this really scrawny kid who won't shut up! In health class he always raises his hand to talk. His favorite thing to say, suicide. If our teacher asks why people do drugs he'll say "suicide." It bugs me and the two girls I sit between. In fact one of them passed a note to me of her strangling him. And yes, I do feel that way about him sometimes.

Plus he'll blurt an answer after the teacher has called on me or someone. Just recently he got punched in the face because of his mouth, and the teacher didn't care about it, she just sad "I told you."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue][B]Now that folks, is what grinds my gears.[/B]

So the question is, what grinds your? Tell us what and give an example of a real life event where something/someone ground your gears.[/COLOR]

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT=Arial]Haha, I came up with a Bottom 10 awhile ago...unfortunately I only posted it as a bulletin on myspace and it seems to be lost forever now.

I usually don't get irritated very easily, but some things make me really mad...usually very tiny things that nobody else really notices or feels the same way about.

One of my biggest pet peeves are those hella annoying shoes, heelies. Y'know, the ones with the wheels built in? I swear, everywhere I go almost every young child I see is wearing those damn shoes. When they run, skate, and jump to a stop, all I want to do is run over to them and trip them. I have no idea why it bothers me so badly, but I pretty much hate heelies with a passion.

There are a couple food items I love to hate; sunchips and pepsi. Now, sunchips taste pretty horrible and have a longlasting, disgusting aftertaste. Whenever someone at my lunch table has a bag of those things I scream "I HATE SUNCHIPS!" One day, someone was like "Hey Claire, do you want these sunchips?" And I reached over and grabbed the bag, and brought my fist down on it so that it exploded in every direction.

The other consumable product I despise is pepsi. I've never really liked it--back when I liked "brown sodas" I always prefered coke. I mean, it's not that bad tastewise, but I have a personal vendetta against pepsi. One morning I went to school with only one dollar, with which I was going to buy a bag of chips or something from the vending machine for lunch. Instead, I decided to buy a bottle of code red mountain dew. My friend got one out of the machine before me, then I put in my solitary dollar and hit the button. I reached into grab my prize, and...

"WTF!" Pepsi.
"That is not Code Red," my friend said. I looked at his bottle.
"...neither is that." He noticed that he had also been wrongfully given a pepsi.

So for the next ten minutes we were complaining about how we hated pepsi. I didn't drink very much of it, and I still had it at the end of the day. I was planning on dropkicking it very hard as soon as I got home, but I forgot it on the bus. :/

There are plenty of other generic things that annoy me, like homework and bugs, but those are pretty much givens. :P[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]When people don't know what they want when they pull up to my menu board.
When people don't know what they are actually ordering off my menu board.
When people don't have their money ready when they get to my window ([i]especially[/i] if they have waited a little bit).
When people sit at my window and start eating their food.
When people call in and claim we messed up their order, the [i]entire[/i] thing. All wrong.
The fact we have to replace it no matter what as long as it's under $10.

Yeah, I work fast food.
Customer service breeds customer hatred.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

My biggest gear-grinder is actually pretty common to anyone still stuck in high school, the fact that the sport players (jocks) get preferential treatment to those of us who aren't interested in such pursuits. It's particularly annoying when people like myself represent the schools in other fields and don't get the same.

Shaving rash is another one, I probably don't even need to go further.[/SIZE]

[color=dimgray]In this day in age, it seems I am always mad. I try to brush most things aside, but there are quite a few things that'll just push me over the edge.

[I]Animal abusers[/I] - Or any kind of animal mistreatment. I hate seeing it. I hate talking about it. (I know, I know...) I don't watch anything with it in it. I don't play games with it. I grew up always loving animals, and to see people out there just treating their pets like dirt is something that'll have me pissed at anyone around me. Put it this way, I care about pets moreso than people.

[I]Fanboys / Fangirls[/I] - I'm not saying all fanboys / girls are bad, but every once in a while (lucky me, I seem to run into them weekly.) you just have those that just urk the hell out of you. The ones that can't be reasoned with because you don't particularly care for something they adore. Opinions don't even matter to them.

Those the main things that just pisses me off. There's a lot more that gets under my skin, but those are just petty things. I normally hide it when I'm pissed at petty-ness though (keep it boiled in).[/color]

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']Shaving rash is another one, I probably don't even need to go further.[/SIZE][/quote]
:therock:

[FONT=Arial][I]*ahem*[/I]

Coupl'a things, actually.

1. Those blasted annoying little kids who think they're in charge.

You know whom I'm speaking of?the ones who hear "No" as "Scream louder and I'll probably give in." And that's just up to age seven. Then they get into third/fourth/fifth grade and are suddenly the owners of the world. I ran into a five-some of these last year at a local Renaissance festival. They were standing at the front of the concessions line, managing to sprawl across both the 'order' side and the 'pick-up-your-chicken-on-a-stick-here' side, chawing away on their respective orders (in a rather slovenly manner, I might add) and effectively blocking both lines from going anywhere. The poor girls in front of me had asked the twits quite politely to move out from in front of the stand for about the ninth time to no avail when I'd had enough. I dropped into a pseudo-brogue and commanded them at about 90 decibels to [I]"Get Oot O' Th' Bluidy Way!!"[/I] (Apologies for the dialectual typing.) Needless to say, they moved quite rapidly. :D

2. Cars without mufflers.

Of course, the owners always protest that they [I]have[/I] mufflers, but it is my understanding that the purpose of a muffler is to, well, muffle the engine sound. These "mufflers" that the aforementioned owners swear by do nothing of the sort. Trust me, nothing is more irritating than, after finishing a long day at college, being almost asleep at around 1:30 a.m. when some jack-a** pulls up beside your dorm in his bloody Super-Duty pickup and revs the engine incessantly until his redneck buddy (and basically everyone else in the dorm) wakes up, dresses, and joins him in the cab, and then roaring off down the side-street (which is all of forty feet long) and peeling out onto the main strip. These are the times I wish I owned a nice little RPG with which to put the stupid truck out of our misery. Howitzers would work very nicely, too.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Allamorph]
[FONT=Arial]I ran into a five-some of these last year at a local Renaissance festival.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
The one in Triune? That's the one I go to, and you just made me think of something that grinds my gears: hopeless romantic friends.

Last year, I went to the festival with my mom and a friend of mind. After touring the castle, we rode the bus back, and she claimed that while we were on the bus, her eyes "met with this really hot guy wearing gray pants in the line for the buses going to the castle." She made it her personal mission to search for him the rest of the day. I had to go along with her, because even though she told me I could go with our other friends, my mom did not want us separated since my mom was in charge of her.

We spent over four hours searching for him, not even looking in booths, but just walking around. We never found him. I missed glass blowing, a show with trained birds, and several other really spiffy events because she could not give up the idea of finding the guy in gray pants who locked eyes with her. Needless to say, we never found him. I did get to go to the final joust of the day, but I could tell she was unhappy about it, and she kept sighing, which ruined my fun of watching the men on the pretty horses grab rings with lances and try to knock each other to the ground. Then she lamented about it for days afterward.

And this is why hopeless romantics really grind my gears.

[SIZE=1]Oh I have many.

I absolutely can't stand seeing peopke on there cell phone while driving, I hate those stupid things. I wish it was illegal where I live. There is a city near by where it is.

I hate when people are talking on there cell phone in the store and talking loud enough for the whole world to hear.

I can't stand when people 'ride' you while driving. I just want to smack em'.

When people try to pass you on a double-yellow line road. We've already had an accident on our street from some moron doing this and getting plowed by another vehicle. It scared the crap out of me when I saw it happen! :animeangr[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Clurr][FONT=Arial]One of my biggest pet peeves are those hella annoying shoes, heelies. Y'know, the ones with the wheels built in? I swear, everywhere I go almost every young child I see is wearing those damn shoes. When they run, skate, and jump to a stop, all I want to do is run over to them and trip them. I have no idea why it bothers me so badly, but I pretty much hate heelies with a passion.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I can't help but laugh whenever I see some kid rolling around with those. They'll never be as cool as light-up sneakers.[/color]

[IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/grindsgears.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE=1] I just cant stand girls who obsess over anime guys, I see it nearly everyday. jeez. so damn annoying to hear some girl squeal about how hot riku or sora are....[B] WAKE UP: THEY'RE JUST DRAWINGS![/B]

then there are the kids who pick on me, cos I suffer from medical handicaps...this also includes those kids who ask why I limp all the time.

If I dont want to talk about it. go away and rot somewhere else. [I] damn. [/I]

and the cliques I see at school, so many kids have the emo look/goth, claiming that they are "individuals", the preps who have to know anybody/everybody, then there are the "gangsters" who just really iritate me with the over excessive cursing, and try to act tough when in reality: they work at the Micky D's down the street, still live with their parents and spin a backstreet boys cd for like the millionth time.

other things include:
[list]
[*]hip hop
[*]stuck up people
[*]girls who play hard to get
[*]people on their mobile phones while driving
[*]people who eat while driving
[/list]

there's more...but I dont want to drone on.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Felix Santiago][SIZE=1'] ...then there are the "gangsters" who just really iritate me with the over excessive cursing, and try to act tough when in reality: they work at the Micky D's down the street, still live with their parents and spin a backstreet boys cd for like the millionth time.[/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Amen, brother. In the words of Jeff Foxworthy: [I]"If your Momma still drives you to school in the morning, you ain't no 'gangsta', son; [U]Pull[/U] [U]Yo'[/U] [U]Pants[/U] [U]Up.[/U][/I][/FONT]

Clurr, I hope you had "not pigeons" on your Bottom 10.

There are plenty of things that grind my gears but I think one of the things at the top of the list would be people who are outright mean and spiteful to others and say they are "just being honest" or it's just "constructive criticism". They troll around baiting people to see who they can get a rise out of. When confronted they act innocent and say the offended person is taking things the wrong way since they are just "trying to help". Yet anyone and everyone can see there is plenty of venom behind their words. :animeangr

So many things listed that I agree with here, but probably one of my biggest pet peeves is those stupid idiots who max their stupid little cars and trucks with those bass players that you can feel the beat from a block away. And at one am in the morning it's tempting to go and find the car and rip them out and stomp on them.

Especially when the idiot pulls into the parking lot of the apartment complex you live in and you know which car it is. Oh the temptation.

And if you are referring to people on the Internet Panda, I so agree, it's amazing how nasty people become when they are hiding behind a screen. Saying nasty things that they would never dare say straight to your face. Mean people on the Internet are worse than mean people in real life. At least in my experience that is.

[QUOTE=PiroMunkie][SIZE=1]When people don't know what they want when they pull up to my menu board.
When people don't know what they are actually ordering off my menu board.
When people don't have their money ready when they get to my window ([i]especially[/i] if they have waited a little bit).
When people sit at my window and start eating their food.
When people call in and claim we messed up their order, the [i]entire[/i] thing. All wrong.
The fact we have to replace it no matter what as long as it's under $10.

Yeah, I work fast food.
Customer service breeds customer hatred.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]Amen brother. Amen. I got out of that death-trap a year or so ago.

Mud. I hate it. Its never there when you expect it, and as soon as you drop your guard, your new shoes are ruined.

People who apologize all the time. "Could you hand me my sandwich?" "Sorry." I want my ****ing sandwich, not an apology. You are not Socrates, I will hear of no apology from you.

This guy who is uber-aggressively in love with this girl I like, who likes him back, but won't ask her out. He's a jackass. I want to do things to mean things to him. Not because we like the same girl, but because he's a coward and an ego-manic.

Girls. They are a mystery. Not even they know how they work.

Bathrooms. Why are they only far away when you're sleepy and have to go to the bathroom?

Washington. Its a desert on one side, and a perpetual storm on the other.

Dutch Calvinists. I grew up around gthese people and they seem narrow-minded and bigoted towards others. But that may be my own bias.

Donuts. They are too good for their own good.

Pandas. Make babies or die! Simple concept. And their teeth are designed for eating meat, so who told them to eat bamboo, of all things? They probably don't have many babies because they're unhealthy from eating wood all their lives.

People who don't read the laws before they tell on people for breaking them. Spear-fishing is fun and legal, people. Stop wasting the DNR's time.

This is just a few of many.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=1]I've actually just thought of a few more.

- I can't stand country, rap/hip hop.

- I hate the "gangster" look.

- When people get those beast speakers for their car and turn the bass up so the whole freakin world can hear it! Ahhh! I hate this. I just want to get out, bust the stupid thing, punch them, then drive off. It hurts my ears and I'm not even in the car with them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Lots of things in this world really piss me off, using stupid metaphors like 'grinds your gears' being one of them.

I really hate it when people talk too slowly or when they repeat themselves. It's even worse when they're slow AND repeat themselves!

I hate children/young-teens who think they're 'It' and I hate older-teens/grown-ups who think they're 'It'.

(I'm probably gonna get lynched for this one but...) I hate Americans. Or at least the vision the media provides of them. Especially pig-headed 'God's Gift' type people. For all the Americans who aren't like that, you have my sympathy. Of course saying that, the way Blair's going the British aren't looking too hot either. ¬_¬

I hate it when people kick up a fuss over stupid little things, especially to the point of taking legal action.

Basically my motto is "It's cool to hate!"[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Andrew][SIZE=1]Lots of things in this world really piss me off, using stupid metaphors like 'grinds your gears' being one of them.

I really hate it when people talk too slowly or when they repeat themselves. It's even worse when they're slow AND repeat themselves!

I hate children/young-teens who think they're 'It' and I hate older-teens/grown-ups who think they're 'It'.

(I'm probably gonna get lynched for this one but...) I hate Americans. Or at least the vision the media provides of them. Especially pig-headed 'God's Gift' type people. For all the Americans who aren't like that, you have my sympathy. Of course saying that, the way Blair's going the British aren't looking too hot either. ¬_¬

I hate it when people kick up a fuss over stupid little things, especially to the point of taking legal action.

Basically my motto is "It's cool to hate!"[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I[COLOR=DimGray] sort of agree with you on Americans. Plus, if we wren't so stuck up with pride, terrosrists wouldn't hate us.[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]I mean helloooo. [/COLOR] [COLOR=DimGray]Its pretty obvious that pride gets the best of you. It's one of the seven deadly sins for god's sake.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][quote name='Andrew][SIZE=1]I hate Americans. [B]Or at least the vision the media provides of them.[/B] Especially pig-headed 'God's Gift' type people. [B]For all the Americans who aren't like that, you have my sympathy. [/B']Of course saying that, the way Blair's going the British aren't looking too hot either. ¬_¬[/SIZE][/quote]I'm American and I agree. I hate how the government is making the rest of us look stupid. And yes I am not like that. >_< And it goes without saying... regardless of what Blair says or does, I know better than to assume the British are anything like what we see in the media here. ^_~

But lets get to the main event, the thing that annoys me the most are people who abuse animals. The ones who beat, starve and even kill them. :animeangr I really detest those who think nothing of animal cruelty. [/COLOR]

[font=arial][size=1]I do not believe in God, heaven, or hell. So I get irritated when one of my friends will constantly bother me about it. I understand the thoughtfulness of the statement, "I want to see you in heaven," but one time is enough. I've made up my mind, don't continuously attack me over it. It's even worse when one starts and then others join in.

Kingdom Hearts fans. Super-deformed boys who look to be six years of age are NOT hot, get real. I don't particularly enjoy my ex-girlfriend lumping me together in the same category as Sora, Roxas, and Sonic the Hedgehog either. In short, at least play videogames that are actually [u]good[/u].

And finally, people who go to concerts for the "scene" and not for the bands that are playing. I can't stand it when a good show gets sold out when it's a bunch of fourteen-year-old girls who don't even like the music clogging up the place because it's a cool place to go to the bathroom and talk on the phone at the same time.[/font][/size]

[QUOTE]

I just cant stand girls who obsess over anime guys, I see it nearly everyday. jeez. so damn annoying to hear some girl squeal about how hot riku or sora are....[B] WAKE UP: THEY'RE JUST DRAWINGS][/QUOTE]

That sounds like something my sister would say.Well she's already said it about a million times.

Anyways what really annoys me is when people(little kids especially)hold their hands out in front of me instead of asking could they have something.I usually just ignore them until they speak.
I also hate when I ask people questions and they just sit there and stare.My sister used to teach some 4 and 5 year olds to read and I was helping out and I had went over the letter A like athousand times and when I asked what the letter was the snotty nosed kids just stared!

I also hate when people ask me am I Indian it's Native American!

[COLOR=blue]I'm a big Kigndom hearts fan, yet, I don't obsese about how cute Riku, Sora, or Raxas might be, Now I love it for the way teh characters, act. I like it for the story enemies and gameplay. But I don't think their HOT!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=dimgray]Something else that grinds my gears, people who start fight over pety reasons. Today a person, who is on th OB mind you1 (No names) pushed me off my chair at luch then threw it at me. Now I want revenge, yet I'm an honerable man (teenage adolescent adult) He picked the fight when I told him to shut up. He had no right and he scared the crap out of my friend. He made two girls I'm friends with almost want to cry. Now that is a person who deserves nothing more than a smack to the face.[/COLOR]

*pouts at RiflesAtRecess* Aw, c'mon. Don't I make up for any bad KH fans?

Ahh, now then. Nothing like talking about the things that urk you.

James Dobson (and Focus on the Family in general), Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, Chick Tracts, George Bush, the guy who wrote the Left Behind series?Intelligent Design supporters. Can you tell what annoys me yet? *laughs*

I also hate people who drive and use their cell phone at the same time.

And although this one is a bit vague, just people who are uninformed in general. My country (America) would be so much better if people would just be informed and not spew out the first thing they hear.

I?m also gaining a growing dislike of capitalism? Or maybe it?s just American society in general.

On an ending note, do we really need spiders? My phobia is annoying.

*ends bitterness*

It's kind of hard to irritate me, but what really grinds my gears are people living in America who don't speak a lick of English. It's like they expect us to understand them instead of the other way around.

Real life example: I'm a cashier at a store whose name rhymes with Cal-Mart. Every so often, I'll get a family of Hispanics, none of whom know English. It gets worse when they are using WIC checks and get the wrong items. This is when I have to point out to them that something is wrong and they need to replace the item. The most irritating part? Instead of saying "No hablo ingles" (which is about all the spanish I know), they do the typical "I don't know English but I'm going to pretend I do" thing, which is to smile and nod. :mad:

People, if you're going to live in the country, at least make an effort to learn the language!