OtakuBoards

What grinds your gears?

Aberinkula

[SIZE=1]To further add to what I said earlier, I really hate the way that Americans butcher our words. Aluminium. Say it with me now people: Al-u-min-i-um! Aluminium! Gah! It makes my blood run cold when I hear an American say it. *Shivers at the thought*

I also hate that you had to make up new words for things which already had fine names anyway. Why do you need 'side-walk', 'pacifier' and 'diaper' when we already had pavement, dummy and nappy as perfectly good words?

And I totally agree with Aaryanna and everyone else about the animal cruelty. I've had cats and other pets from the day I was born and never once had a period without any pets, so I feel very strongly for animal safety and what not.

Again, I agree with Rifles. How girls think looking like a 6-year-old (let alone a computer generated six-year-old) is hot, I don't know.[/SIZE]

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Andrew][SIZE=1]To further add to what I said earlier, I really hate the way that Americans butcher our words. Aluminium. Say it with me now people: Al-u-min-i-um! Aluminium! Gah! It makes my blood run cold when I hear an American say it. *Shivers at the thought*
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]You guys came up with [i]both[/i] terms, not us, and they're both a horrible mutation of the original word, alumium. So there.[/color]

[quote name='Andrew][SIZE=1']To further add to what I said earlier, I really hate the way that Americans butcher our words. Aluminium. Say it with me now people: Al-u-min-i-um! Aluminium! Gah! It makes my blood run cold when I hear an American say it. *Shivers at the thought*[/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]You know what? You can take a nap in a pool of mutated leeches! No, I don't care that much. I hate every form of the word. Its such an awkward word. I just got back from a long car trip, so I have a huge list of things.

I hate when spending too much time with people who are sensitive. They're like "I can't help but feel like something's wrong. What is it?" Get out of my ****ing face for a while and the problem will go away! Its called personal space and I treasure it above all other friendships. Sorry.

People who are excessively loud in restaurants. I went to a Subway, and they were doing repairs, so they ran a tablesaw in a tiny little restaurant. That ruined the already mediocre meal.

Songs that get stuck in your head. But only bad songs.

People who try to talk to you when you're trying to study or sleep. I'm obviously busy, so talk to someone with nothing better to do.

Cold french fries. I don't mind if they're limp, but cold, I can not deal with.[/COLOR][/FONT]

I don't think there is anything right now that would make me snap, but i do have a few pet peeves.

People with their headphones loud enough to where i can follow the song. It gets worse when they start singing.

Self-centered people who say things like,"why should we help starving kids in Africa, it's their county's problem" in a serious way. Today my school had an assembly around the documentary [B]Invisible Children[/B] . After it, someone ask the question and another person went off on her.

People persecuting me why I don't want to go to prom. This has been happening to me since New Years.

[QUOTE=Clurr][FONT=Arial]
There are a couple food items I love to hate; sunchips and pepsi. Now, sunchips taste pretty horrible and have a longlasting, disgusting aftertaste. Whenever someone at my lunch table has a bag of those things I scream "I HATE SUNCHIPS!" One day, someone was like "Hey Claire, do you want these sunchips?" And I reached over and grabbed the bag, and brought my fist down on it so that it exploded in every direction.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]
This is kind of weird to me since I kind of don't like it when people tell me the food I am eating in front of them is gross and expect me to stop eating it. I can kind of understand if what the person was eating had a powerful smell like those stupid corn nuts. I almost hit my sister when she opened a bag of corn nuts on a road trip.

And lastly, when I'm talking to a friend about something we like then someone shows up to us to say it sucks then walk away.

Oh, how to begin on this one? I've come across so many annoying habits or actions that I find people doing over the years. I suppose one of the things I really can't satdn is when people eat but don't close their mouth while they chew. Now, I realise that younger children don't usually close theior mouths anyway, but regardless it still drives me up the wall. The persistant factor in this is that babies and toddlers seem to love staring at me, especially as they eat. Which comes to another thing I loathe, staring. I used to know a kid who was a year above me, but he wasn't exactly the tallest guy around. In any case, everyday on the bus he would stare at me from afar, and I noticed it on several occations, until one day I gave him a thorough talking to.

Another as DesertPheonix said, when you can hear people's music through their ear-phones and when they start singing to it. I've got so many students who go to my college who do that they even do it more in classes.
'Acting tough' is another things in life that I despise. I see too many kids nowadays trying to pretend that they're 'All That' and that they can beat up anybody, always bosting about their own abilities. I've noticed that it only seems to be short kids who do it, why is that? :animestun

And what is it with trying to dress up as a gangster? I'm sure you know about this, when you see teens dressed up in hoodies and baggy jeans, walking as if they're swinging their hips and trying to act all 'hard'.

Two words.... 'Question talkers!!!' I hate every ounce of their bodies. Basically, a question talker is someone who talks like this:

Me: "Sorry I'm late..."
Moron: "Do I want you to be on time? Yes, I do! Do I think it's smart that you're late? No, I don't!"

They ask a question and answer it in the same sentence.

Which reminds me of something else, pointless questioning. No offence girls, but I've noticed that it only seems to be women who do this. These kind of questions:

"Is that Coronation Street or Eastenders?"
"Oh, it's Eastenders."
"No it isn't, it's Coronation Street."

Or:

"What time did you finish your game?"
"Um... about 10:40."
"No, it was 11:30."

It's at that point I think: "Why the hell did you ask me then?" :mad:

Oh, so many things annoy me in this world, but it would be impossible to list them all.

I'll tell you what really grinds my gears, the prices on new game systems. It outrageous how much a playstation 3 cost or a WII. It's really messed up how only a few people can actually buy this awesome system but us bottomfeeders have to wait a year. It makes me sick. I respect the gaming industry a whole lot but It would be better if I can afford the system to play everything wwhile it's still new. And That's what really grinds my gears. Take it away Tom and Dianne.

[quote name='Sho Ayori']Two words.... 'Question talkers!!!'[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]That reminds me of another gear-grinder: people who speak in questions. Like so:

[QUOTE][FONT=Arial][I][right]"Hey, sis. How's it been for ya?"[/right]

"Well, today in class we got this new kid? And he was
really smart? And I got to talk to him at lunch? And he's
kinda weird? But now he and Jessica are partners on the
English project we have? ...and his name's Brian."[/I][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Look, people, questions are for [U]asking[/U] [U]things.[/U] If you got a new kid in your class, don't ask me about them, 'cause I'm not gonna know. Tell me. With periods. You know, those little dots at the end of [I][U]sentences[/U][/I]? Yeah, they mean "not a question". Congratulations. You just learned something.

And while I'm on the subject, let me rant on overused words. Like "like". "Like" is not a thought pause. Nor is "you know" or "right". If you need time to think, let silence happen. It's okay for sound to not exist occasionally. In fact, it adds punctuation to conversation.

As far as I know, my youngest sister is the only one who does this: [I]"That's weird."[/I] This also bugs the crap out of me. There are other words to describe peculiarities. Take, for example, "peculiar". Or "odd". Or "different", "unusual", "strange", "interesting", "bizarre", "awkward", "disconcerting", "disturbing", "frightening", etc., etc., etc. There's a reason you have this thing called a vocabulary. Use it.[/FONT]

[color=crimson]I'm not too big of a fan of people are are so dedicated to a musical genre they forget that music existed before metal/rap/pop/country/otherwise and that a single genre is not automatically superior to all others.

I also don't like Scandinavian Metal. Fans of this genre seems to forget certain things like heaviness is not equated to quality. Neither are guitar solos in these brand of metal particularly stunning or awe inducing. There are good songs within this genre but the fans ruin any enjoyment I could take away from them.

Pre-teens and young teenagers who live in middle class suburbia attempting to convince me they can identify with popular songs dealing with such diverse situations as: hos, pimped out cars, drug dealing, living in the ghetto, sexing it up 24/7.

Bad movies people flock to see. Going to rottentomatoes.com and seeing the box office list can really depress me. Don't make them money! That movie sucked! Go see 300, that's at least fun in a mediocre way!

I really dislike people who walk into conversations and start to pick apart everything else other people are saying. It's like they just don't have any manners or something. They just walk up and are like "blablabla" and I'm like "Blablabla!" and it just goes downhill from there dudes.[/color]

[quote name='Andrew][SIZE=1'](I'm probably gonna get lynched for this one but...) I hate Americans. Or at least the vision the media provides of them. Especially pig-headed 'God's Gift' type people. For all the Americans who aren't like that, you have my sympathy. Of course saying that, the way Blair's going the British aren't looking too hot either. ¬_¬"[/SIZE][/quote]

[color=crimson]"All the Americans who aren't like that" is a majority of the population and, no, we don't really care for sympathy when there isn't much wrong with us as people.[/color]

[quote name='ForgotteÑ-HerÖ][COLOR=Blue']I mean helloooo. [/COLOR][/quote]

[color=crimson]I mean, helllooooo, oversimplification of complex socio-politics. Helllllloooo.[/color]

[quote name='Andrew][SIZE=1']To further add to what I said earlier, I really hate the way that Americans butcher our words. Aluminium. Say it with me now people: Al-u-min-i-um! Aluminium! Gah! It makes my blood run cold when I hear an American say it. *Shivers at the thought*[/SIZE][/quote]

[color=crimson]I really hate the way British people butcher American english. I mean, I understand that there are regional dialects of languages and all that noise but, seriously, Britain isn't that far away from America. [b]Lazy[/b].[/color]

[QUOTE=Lunox][color=dimgray] When people make this:

[img]http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/5/58/250px-Zelda2005-Link.jpg[/img]

into this:

[img]http://xs313.xs.to/xs313/07135/zelda.jpg[/img]

Goddamit. [/color][/QUOTE] [COLOR=maroon]Your avatar says different. :-P [quote name='ForgotteÑ-HerÖ']Something else that grinds my gears, people who start fight over pety reasons.[/quote] OMG! WTF is wrong WITH YOU?! CAN'T YOU SPULL RITE?! OMG, IT'S F###ING PETTY. TWO T'S. OMFG, YOU MUST BE THE BIGGEST JERK IN THE WORLD! MAKES ME WANNA FIGHT.

All irony aside, what grinds my gears is when people brag about how they are unique or different. Most of the time, the people who say this are trying to say an unoriginal idea is somehow their original idea, or one they came to without knowing it was popular/mandatory/safe.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]People who obsess about things way too much. Its ok if I've never read the Simarilion, I can still like Lord of the Rings. I appreciate it enough as-is. And Star Wars. Who cares about all the details. I can think its kick-*** without knowing what happens fifty years after the last movie ended. I would like to know more about my favorite characters, butr I don't need to read fifty books to find out. I think I'll wiki it.

Canada. At my school, 10% of the population are Canadian, and most hate Americans for no apperant reason. It annoys me that their country sits up in a corner, poking fun at everyone else and acting like its so amazing. Ego-maniacal when it comes to politics, them. No one will mess with you because you don't do anything, Canada.Not because you're all-powerful. If they wanted your land, they'd sweep in from the North, because by the time the Canadians would figure out that something was up, the other guy would be about a hundred miles from the American border. Stupid Canadians. Now don't get me wrong. I went to Canada, and there were some nice people up there. But there were also some real d*****bags.

Living in the Midwest. The closest federal court is seven hours away. That drive would've cost more than the fines I had to pay, had my mom not given me cash. And it always smells like manure in the spring, when the ground thaws. I think everywhere does, to some degree, but not to this degree. And there's just corn. For miles, all you can see is corn. And the winters are regularly about 0 degrees, or less, while the summers are generally 100 degrees or more (fahrenheit).

Big cities. When it gets above 100 in New York, its a serious heatwave and its televised all over. When it gets below 0, its a serious freeze and its likewise televised all over. In Iowa, it gets that way regularly, but we don't get televised. We dress accordingly. And while I'm on this topic, why did so many hobos die during the Arizona heatwave? Didn't they know that Wal-Mart is open 24/7?

Which leads me to my final rant. Kids who kill homeless people. Those kids are screwed up. They kill homeless people "because its fun." WTF? Who kills because its fun? Who thinks killing is fun? Those kids have serious issues and need to be sent off to an island in the middle of nowhere or something.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Might as well add another few gear-grinders.

[b]Irish Politicians:[/b] They're bastards, useless, incompetent, bastards. Only in Ireland would we tolerate a single Minister (Secretary for Americans) of the government wasting ?13 billion and not look for his head, let alone for him to step down. What sickens me most however is when these same Ministers come out claiming that Irish people are lucky, LUCKY, to live in a nation with one of the highest GDPs in the world.

[b]European Politicians:[/b] Specifically those scaly bastards who make the European Union's higher echelons, they answer to nobody, make laws that affect me and five hundred and fifty million of my fellow EU citizens and in return give Germany and France every benefit possible at the expense of smaller nations. Either turn the entire continent into a single country (which I'd support) or at least become accountable. All this cloak and dagger crap gives me hives.

[b]People who act like other people:[/b] This mainly refers to an Irish generation who despite claiming to vehemently hate the English talk in an East-End accent any time their being sarcastic to one another. I swear if I hear "Whatever, your mother works at McDonalds" once more I'm going to beat that person until they puke blood.

A slightly amusing/irritating one is white people acting as if they're black, these guys are as racist as it comes, and yet a day will not go by without me hearing something like "Fo' sure homie", "Shizzle", "Biatch" or "Nigga". I don't really mind that one as it gives me a laugh, but it does get irritating after a while.

[b]Atheists/Religious people who don't tolerate other people's beliefs:[/b] A long one, but pretty obvious. Both groups irritate the hell out of me, though admittedly I used to belong to the latter group, at least to a degree. Atheists actually annoy me more than religious fanatics, because they genuinely believe in what they're preaching, most atheists just do it in my experience to be confrontational with religious people. If you hold different beliefs to other people that's fine, but you don't need to go around trying to convert others.

[b]Jehovah's Witnesses:[/b] Anyone who's dealt with them or Mormons knows what this is like, in my case I'm just back from Mass sitting down to my breakfast when a whole damn family calls to the door. It's the routine, go out, pretend to listen for five or six minutes then say politely I'm Catholic and have no interest in changing my religion. They don't seem to get the message as I've spoken to the same family at least six times in the last year. What's worse is their dragging the kids around, it's Sunday go do something as a family that isn't weird or preachy. [/SIZE]

Guest NIKI12345
Humm I like this topic. Well I'm the type of person who doesn't get mad but one lucky *** at my school has changed that. Man he gets all theses good grades just like I do but he looks down on people for haveing problems or people like me who like to have fun. Just because he is a selfcentered geek doesn't give him the right to talk crap about people. I'm so happy I made him cry last week for saying a Muslums are killers. I was like WTF man I'm Muslum and I haven't blown up the whole world. Man people just because the president or the news talks about all the bad things abotu what some Muslums are doing doesn't mean all of them are like that.

Oh I hate girls who try and dress like sluts and are way to easy to get I mean show some self rescept. That is all the things that tick me off.

[color=crimson]I agree with Gavin as I have an expierence with people not tolerating religious beliefs and practices. I was a Jehovah's Witness until I was fourteen and dealt with a great lot of ignorant persecution and intolerance. Usually what JW's do is incorrectly perceived as strange or extremely preachy without much tolerance or acceptance of their beliefs and what they do. It's difficult to overcome the fact that for a few minutes out of your morning someone would dare speak to you about their religious faith and come back several times in an attempt to reach you and, from their point of view, save your soul. Such devotion to their religion, such a sacrifice of their own time as to go out door to door spreading how they feel about God is hard to realize and respect. Researching them takes time but there are many works taking a critical look at their practices and beliefs so that you can avoid coming off as ignorant or intolerable. Not all is rosey and sweet about the faith, and there are plenty of points you can disagree on as to their dogma or actions but tolerance does not always equate to agreement of opinions.

However, it's good to know there is someone else on this board who is tolerant and respectful of religion. Kudos.[/color]

[QUOTE=DeathKnight][color=crimson]I agree with Gavin as I have an expierence with people not tolerating religious beliefs and practices. I was a Jehovah's Witness until I was fourteen and dealt with a great lot of ignorant persecution and intolerance. Usually what JW's do is incorrectly perceived as strange or extremely preachy without much tolerance or acceptance of their beliefs and what they do. It's difficult to overcome the fact that for a few minutes out of your morning someone would dare speak to you about their religious faith and come back several times in an attempt to reach you and, from their point of view, save your soul. Such devotion to their religion, such a sacrifice of their own time as to go out door to door spreading how they feel about God is hard to realize and respect. Researching them takes time but there are many works taking a critical look at their practices and beliefs so that you can avoid coming off as ignorant or intolerable. Not all is rosey and sweet about the faith, and there are plenty of points you can disagree on as to their dogma or actions but tolerance does not always equate to agreement of opinions.

However, it's good to know there is someone else on this board who is tolerant and respectful of religion. Kudos.[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Ooh sly shot there Ken, though you would have a point were it not for the fact that up until about two years ago I had a family of very nice JWs living only a mile or two away, became quite friendly with them and actually took the time to discuss the differences between our respective religions.

Besides Sundays are the only mornings when my entire family actually gets a chance to sit and eat breakfast together so you'll excuse me if I do get slightly irritated when someone interupts that time. I have the utmost respect for these people's beliefs, however when I make it clear, politely and repeatedly I might add, that I have no interest in changing my beliefs I feel I do have the right to dislike their ignoring my religious beliefs to come "save my soul" as you put it. Where is the tolerance there ?

Funnily enough you'd normally be the very one to go on about how irritating it is to have to deal with preachy Christians coming trying to convert people. It's an interesting change of roles for you. ;) [/SIZE]

[COLOR=Magenta]*is amused*

(sidenote: Want to talk about bizarre? I just finished reading the last couple of posts and suddenly my doorbell rings and I am being handed an invitation to "The Lords Supper" tonight. Thankyou very much.... but ... um... I am a pagan. :animeswea )

Anyway... pet peeves:

Lack of religious tolerance. I am sorry but, I was raised catholic by my father, pentecostal by my mother and I have now been a praticing pagan for 6 years. Sorry to burst your bubble but been there, done that.

George Bush. Don't blame me, I voted for Kerry. I hate the man with a passion. I believe very strongly in gay rights and I don't like the fact that he flaunts his Christianity. I don't have a problem with him *being* Christian, I just thought this country was about seperation of church and state.

Guys that say they "don't want to ruin the friendship you have had for almost 18 years" when you both know you love eachother. Please! If you have been friends for that long... what is going to ***k it up?

Well I could go on, but I will give it a rest for now.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Gray]People who go out of their way to be different - they're like the negative moulde for all the cardboard cutouts that make up this world now-a-days, only worse because they're smart enough to make the choice. Be yourself, don't be someone because no one else is.

Harry Potter erotic fanfiction. Actually, anything that has the words "Harry Potter" and "erotic" make my list... which includes Dan Radcliffe's Horse Pose Prose. Jeezus, that is one harry ************! (loL!)

People who take life seriously. Life is just a series of running gags and amusing stories, each more amusing then the last, and people who think it's anything more just get on my nerves. Chill the hell out, it's not like it's permanent or anything.

Toronto, and anything afilliated with Toronto.

Moralists, religionuts, and any other kind of fascist punks who refuse to accept different points-of-view and moral philosophies, and force their own views. This includes censors, Health Food Hitlers, and other like-minded book-burning filters.

I'm not an irritable person, really. It takes a lot to grind my goat. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE]
Canada. At my school, 10% of the population are Canadian, and most hate Americans for no apperant reason. It annoys me that their country sits up in a corner, poking fun at everyone else and acting like its so amazing. Ego-maniacal when it comes to politics, them. No one will mess with you because you don't do anything, Canada.Not because you're all-powerful. If they wanted your land, they'd sweep in from the North, because by the time the Canadians would figure out that something was up, the other guy would be about a hundred miles from the American border. Stupid Canadians. Now don't get me wrong. I went to Canada, and there were some nice people up there. But there were also some real d*****bags.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Gray]
Everything you just said confirms their opinions of you. Maybe if you want to talk about us, you should grow up first, ya? I don't hate Americans, but sometimes I wonder why...[/COLOR]

Guest NIKI12345
[QUOTE=Big Sky][COLOR=Gray]People who go out of their way to be different - they're like the negative moulde for all the cardboard cutouts that make up this world now-a-days, only worse because they're smart enough to make the choice. Be yourself, don't be someone because no one else is.

Harry Potter erotic fanfiction. Actually, anything that has the words "Harry Potter" and "erotic" make my list... which includes Dan Radcliffe's Horse Pose Prose. Jeezus, that is one harry ************! (loL!)

People who take life seriously. Life is just a series of running gags and amusing stories, each more amusing then the last, and people who think it's anything more just get on my nerves. Chill the hell out, it's not like it's permanent or anything.

Toronto, and anything afilliated with Toronto.

Moralists, religionuts, and any other kind of fascist punks who refuse to accept different points-of-view and moral philosophies, and force their own views. This includes censors, Health Food Hitlers, and other like-minded book-burning filters.

I'm not an irritable person, really. It takes a lot to grind my goat. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Gray]
Everything you just said confirms their opinions of you. Maybe if you want to talk about us, you should grow up first, ya? I don't hate Americans, but sometimes I wonder why...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Hey before yoy call anyone a religionut you should really look things over. Me I'm Muslum but just because I disagree with kids thinking that just because I'm Muslum I'm going to blow them up. I want to make my life job a job where I study the good and bad things about religons and try and put that big puzzle of ours together. Yeah so you say he should grow up I think you need to grow up first before you tell anyone what they need to do. Hey I can add you to the list of two people who can grind my gears. Congrates.

[quote name='NIKI12345']Hey before yoy call anyone a religionut you should really look things over. Me I'm Muslum but just because I disagree with kids thinking that just because I'm Muslum I'm going to blow them up. I want to make my life job a job where I study the good and bad things about religons and try and put that big puzzle of ours together. Yeah so you say he should grow up I think you need to grow up first before you tell anyone what they need to do. Hey I can add you to the list of two people who can grind my gears. Congrates.[/quote]

[COLOR=Gray]
What? People can be religious all they want. A religionut is someone who forces his religious ideas down the throat of people who want no part in it. Those people who go door-to-door preeching about their ideas, those people. The Fred Phelpses and Osama bin-Ladens of the world. Please, before ranting, try and read the rest of the post, da?[/COLOR]

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']Ooh sly shot there Ken, though you would have a point were it not for the fact that up until about two years ago I had a family of very nice JWs living only a mile or two away, became quite friendly with them and actually took the time to discuss the differences between our respective religions.[/quote][/size]

[color=crimson]Fantastic, but tolerating most of a person's religious practices doesn't mean you round up last I checked lol. Granted it doesn't mean you round down either.[/color]

[quote name='Gavin][size=1']Where is the tolerance there ?[/size][/quote]

[color=crimson]Do you attach persistence or a steadfast attitude with intolerance? I can't say that it absolutely isn't intolerance or absolutely is, it all depends on the person we are talking about and their actions. From what you say I'd say their persistence was passionate but not touched with negative intentions.[/color]

[QUOTE=Big Sky][COLOR=Gray]
Everything you just said confirms their opinions of you. Maybe if you want to talk about us, you should grow up first, ya? I don't hate Americans, but sometimes I wonder why...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]Grow up first? And talking about an entire country behind their back is mature? That's pre-teen stuff, mate. And their opinions of me are justified by my opinion of them, based on theirs of Americans as a whole? So by not liking that they hate me because of a stereotype, I fall into the stereotype? What are we stereotyped as? Hating Canadians because they hate us first? A non-vague explanation would be nice...

In other news, I don't like it when people cram their religion down the throats of others. I've been everything; there and back again, from pagan, to Christian, to Buddhist, to Shinto (go figure on that one). I don't know. I've formulated my own beliefs and I'll be damned if someone is going to tell me that what I think is wrong.

Another thing I hate: when you can't find the droids you're looking for...[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Farto the Magic][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]Grow up first? And talking about an entire country behind their back is mature? That's pre-teen stuff, mate. And their opinions of me are justified by my opinion of them, based on theirs of Americans as a whole? So by not liking that they hate me because of a stereotype, I fall into the stereotype? What are we stereotyped as? Hating Canadians because they hate us first? A non-vague explanation would be nice...
[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE][COLOR=Gray]

You're stereotyped as ignorant people who know nothing about other cultures and peoples. I don't believe that to be true, but your rant about [I]us[/I], regardless of what inspired it, does nothing but confirm this. You hate a whole country because a few imports talk smack about you and yours? I know a whole lot of Americans who are ignorant and stupid and moralist, but I don't go around saying that they represent the whole of America.[/COLOR]

People who say they love something they know almost nothing about. Just because it happens to be cool at the time.

Example:

"MAN! OMG i love the silent hill movie it is the most awesomeness thing since chicken!"

This person has probably never played the game, read the comics or heard the beautiful music.

GAH.

[QUOTE=vegeta rocker]People who say they love something they know almost nothing about. Just because it happens to be cool at the time.

Example:

"MAN! OMG i love the silent hill movie it is the most awesomeness thing since chicken!"

This person has probably never played the game, read the comics or heard the beautiful music.

GAH.[/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]If they actually watched the movie and payed attention, then they'd know plenty about it. The movie is self-contained enough that there's really nothing to be added from playing the games or reading the comics, aside from recognizing the characters and complaining about the plot differences.

And they're talking specifically about enjoying the movie, theyr'e not saying something like "Silent Hill is an awesome franchise." Seeing the movie is enough to decide whether or not it's a good movie.

Besides, when was the Silent Hill movie ever "cool?" It got a pretty lukewarm reception from most people.

Here's my irriations. SPECIAL POLITCAL EDITION!

- Political catchphrases. "Treehugger," "support our troops," "post 9-11," and what have you. I can't think of any more at the moment. Especially those that rhyme. The lamer the rhyme, the more I hate it. The governor of my state's first name is Mitch. He is a republican, so naturally the democrats despise him. Thus, they came up with the absolute stupidest slogan I've ever heard: "Ditch Mitch."

It's nothing but turning complex political issues into a dumbed down string of meaningless words! Speaking of which...

- Degrading political nicknames. A bunch of grown men and women acting like two-year olds. "Dingy" Harry Reed, Coultergeist, and whatever else is floating around there now.

- People who [i]only[/i] vote straight ticket. I have a friend who will tear into anyone who even suggests breaking rank and voting for a republican. She believes that you should stick with the democrats [i]no matter what.[/i] Gah.[/color]