OtakuBoards

What grinds your gears?

Aberinkula

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]What grinds my gears? People who hate Canadians just [i]because[/i]. I mean, what the crap? :(

Also: People who think that Americans are stupid just because some silly TV show finds dumb people on the street and asks them trivia. Couldn't you do that in any country and get the same results? >_>

[b]EDIT:[/b] And I just now read Farto's post about Canadians. Basically you're saying that because 10% of the people in your school dislike americans so you're going to hate on their country of origin?

Let me tell you. I was born and raised in Canada and I have lived here 16 years now. I can safely say the majority of Canadians I have met are really nice people. I realize you may have had a bad experience with Canadians but lets not go hating on 32,870,000 other people just because you met some jerks. Thanks.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]What grind's my gear's eh? Hmmm...well, I guess what grind's my gear's would have to be people who use the same damn avatar and signature forever. I mean, that is just sooo anoying.....but yeah, that's what grind's my gear's America.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]^ *pokes Kurayami Oji* :p [quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink]- People who [i]only[/i] vote straight ticket. I have a friend who will tear into anyone who even suggests breaking rank and voting for a republican. She believes that you should stick with the democrats [i]no matter what.[/i] Gah.[/color][/QUOTE]I've been leaving this thread alone since so many people are already covering what I find annoying. But this? I truly [I]detest[/I] people who vote straight ticket just because they are part of a certain political party. :animeangr As if being part of a political party somehow made them smart. Feh! [QUOTE=White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]What grinds my gears? People who hate Canadians just [i]because[/i]. I mean, what the crap? :([/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Yeah, that's another one on my list, hating someone because they are from a certain country. I really hate that kind of judgmental nonsense. [QUOTE=White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Also: People who think that Americans are stupid just because some silly TV show finds dumb people on the street and asks them trivia.[B] Couldn't you do that in any country and get the same results?[/B] >_>[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote] :catgirl: If I wasn't already a Desbreko fangirl I'd consider making a White fan club just for that. [/COLOR]

[color=dimgray] Just thought of another thing.

When people online can't use internet slang. Like when they slap on a giant "LAWL" or "LOLLERSKATES" and think it's funny and satirical, but it's actually annoying and lame. Actually, I have no idea how those previously mentioned terms could ever be funny.

Lollerskates? What the hell?[/color]

[QUOTE=Lunox][color=dimgray] Just thought of another thing.

When people online can't use internet slang. Like when they slap on a giant "LAWL" or "LOLLERSKATES" and think it's funny and satirical, but it's actually annoying and lame. Actually, I have no idea how those previously mentioned terms could ever be funny.

Lollerskates? What the hell?[/color][/QUOTE]
[img]http://pr0n.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/1/17/Lollerskates_blk.gif[/img]

[quote name='White']Also: People who think that Americans are stupid just because some silly TV show finds dumb people on the street and asks them trivia. Couldn't you do that in any country and get the same results? >_>[/quote]

[font=arial]Amazingly, no. Haha

There isn't a huge amount that really bugs me I have to say - dishonesty, mistreatment of other people, belittling of people...that sort of thing probably annoys me more than anything. I suppose much of that comes under the general umbrella of being petty.

Oh and speaking of politics...there's one thing that does annoy me in terms of political catch-phrases: the "gate" suffix. That they are already saying "Thorpe-gate" with this drug testing thing related to Ian Thorpe is annoying. Where's the originality? >_>

[b]Edit[/b]

Yes, I too sometimes get annoyed by American-English. This is mostly from a purely functional point of view (depending on your audience, you have to adjust your spelling). But also on a basic level...American-English is a simplified/lazy version of English. That bugs me at times, lol.

Also, Gavin, I don't think it's fair to lump athiests in with intolerant people. Athiests do not believe in God, this does not automatically make them intolerant of religion.[/font]

To expand on what Lunox said: people who use internet abbreviations in real life make me all twisted up inside. Saying "Lol" is a paradox, guys! You clearly aren't laughing out loud at all, because you're [i]saying "Lol"![/i]

[QUOTE=Big Sky][COLOR=Gray]

You're stereotyped as ignorant people who know nothing about other cultures and peoples. I don't believe that to be true, but your rant about [I]us[/I], regardless of what inspired it, does nothing but confirm this. You hate a whole country because a few imports talk smack about you and yours? I know a whole lot of Americans who are ignorant and stupid and moralist, but I don't go around saying that they represent the whole of America.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]And I didn't say that everyone from Canada was bad. I just said that I hate Canadians who hate me because I'm American. And then I followed through with a mockery of those people. If you felt included in the mockery, consider yourself formally excluded. I like some Canadians, just not the ones who are nationalist.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[QUOTE]EDIT: And I just now read Farto's post about Canadians. Basically you're saying that because 10% of the people in your school dislike americans so you're going to hate on their country of origin?

Let me tell you. I was born and raised in Canada and I have lived here 16 years now. I can safely say the majority of Canadians I have met are really nice people. I realize you may have had a bad experience with Canadians but lets not go hating on 32,870,000 other people just because you met some jerks. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]If you have bad experiences with a people, why would you think of them as good overall. I hate car salesmen, because they're pushy. All of them? Probably not. But that doesn't change my perspective on them.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Farto the Magic][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]And I didn't say that everyone from Canada was bad. I just said that I hate Canadians who hate me because I'm American. And then I followed through with a mockery of those people. If you felt included in the mockery, consider yourself formally excluded. I like some Canadians, just not the ones who are nationalist.[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]
[COLOR=Gray]
No, you pretty much did. Until your little apologist line at the end, you basically said everyone from Canada is an ignortant ego-maniac with an inferiority complex. Maybe you should watch your words a little more closey. Let's go in depth in your original post, shall we?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE] At my school, 10% of the population are Canadian, and most hate Americans for no apperant reason.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Gray]
Ah, a wonderful sample size. Like, maybe 100 imports at the most, yea that sounds like enough to base an entire opinion about a country on...[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]It annoys me that their country sits up in a corner, poking fun at everyone else and acting like its so amazing.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Gray]
It [I]is[/i] amazing. Just because we don't have some Manifest Destiny-esque desire to put our finger into everybody else's pie (like a certain country I could name, but won't) doesn't make that any less true. Canada is a virtual paradise - try and live here before you talk ****.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]No one will mess with you because you don't do anything, Canada.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Gray]
Yea. You're right. We should totally, like, pick up our guns and go and, oh, I don't know, invade some poor country. Maybe piss off a few religionuts and disregard the UN, act like a bunch of teenage kids with firecrackers, that'd make us cool, right? No one will mess with us because we don't give them any reason too, genius. I can't see any problem with that.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]If they wanted your land, they'd sweep in from the North, because by the time the Canadians would figure out that something was up, the other guy would be about a hundred miles from the American border.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Gray]Er? You really don't understand anything about politics or warfare, do you?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Stupid Canadians.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]Canada.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Gray]Yea, sure [I]sounds[/i] like you're only talking about certain Canadians here... [/COLOR]

[QUOTE]But there were also some real d*****bags.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Gray]
Man, no ****. There are dumb mother****ers in every corner of the world. There are stupid Chinese people, there are jerk-*** French people, there are English ********, there are people everywhere who will say stupid things. Don't be one of them.[/COLOR]

[quote name='James][font=arial']Oh and speaking of politics...there's one thing that does annoy me in terms of political catch-phrases: the "gate" suffix. That they are already saying "Thorpe-gate" with this drug testing thing related to Ian Thorpe is annoying. Where's the originality? >_>[/font][/quote]

[color=deeppink]Ah, forgot about that one. Yeah... the gate suffix is stupid beyond reason. It's not clever. It doesn't even make any sense! I imagine if teapot dome happened tomorrow, they'd call it domegate or something stupid like that.

Although I'm a little surprised that Australians are naming their scandals after American ones. We must be the world leaders in scandels or something. :whoops: [/color]

[quote=Big Sky][COLOR=Gray]
It [I]is[/i] amazing. Just because we don't have some Manifest Destiny-esque desire to put our finger into everybody else's pie (like a certain country I could name, but won't) doesn't make that any less true. Canada is a virtual paradise - try and live here before you talk ****.[/COLOR][/quote]

[color=crimson]Canada does not have the capability to have "Manifest-Destiny' esque desires as Russia, China or the United States do. Your statements are very holier-than-thou but do not confuse your lack of meddling in the international arena with the capability to do so. It is not as if you hold immense power and in a gesture of generosity, goodwill and peace you do not wield it aggressively. I would imagine, as happens with any country that gains such power, you would find the actions of your country slipping into what America is doing in the Mideast or what China is doing in Africa.[/color]

[quote=Big Sky][COLOR=Gray]
Yea. You're right. We should totally, like, pick up our guns and go and, oh, I don't know, invade some poor country. Maybe piss off a few religionuts and disregard the UN, act like a bunch of teenage kids with firecrackers, that'd make us cool, right? No one will mess with us because we don't give them any reason too, genius. I can't see any problem with that.[/COLOR][/quote]

[color=crimson]Again, do you have the [i]capability[/i] to do any of these sarcastic suggestions? lol. No, no you do not.

If given the power and influence of the countries listed above the actions of Canada would fall into the vein of what all borderline superpowers or superpowers do. The international actions of Canada are influenced by what she [b]can[/b] do with what is provided her.[/color]

[quote name='Big Sky][COLOR=Gray']Er? You really don't understand anything about politics or warfare, do you?[/COLOR][/quote]

[color=crimson]Do you?[/color]

[QUOTE][COLOR=Gray]
No, you pretty much did. Until your little apologist line at the end, you basically said everyone from Canada is an ignortant ego-maniac with an inferiority complex. Maybe you should watch your words a little more closey. Let's go in depth in your original post, shall we?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Ok.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][COLOR=Gray]
Ah, a wonderful sample size. Like, maybe 100 imports at the most, yea that sounds like enough to base an entire opinion about a country on...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]
[COLOR=DarkGreen]Well, as its all that I have to work with, I think I will. What should I do? Go to Canada and find someone who proves my opinion wrong? **** that! Why should I wste my time, when I have Canadians at-hand? I'll just assmue that they're an accurate representation of their countrymen.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE][COLOR=Gray]
It [I]is[/i] amazing. Just because we don't have some Manifest Destiny-esque desire to put our finger into everybody else's pie (like a certain country I could name, but won't) doesn't make that any less true. Canada is a virtual paradise - try and live here before you talk ****.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]I don't need to live in Africa to know its screwed up. I don't need to live in Alaska to know its cold. I don't need to live in Canada to say I don't like it. I drove 12 hours to go to Manitoba, and it was exactly like the place I left. You guys got sweet forests, I'll give you that, but its the same as America...just further North.

And if its such a paradise, why is there such a worker shortage?[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE][COLOR=Gray]
Yea. You're right. We should totally, like, pick up our guns and go and, oh, I don't know, invade some poor country. Maybe piss off a few religionuts and disregard the UN, act like a bunch of teenage kids with firecrackers, that'd make us cool, right? No one will mess with us because we don't give them any reason too, genius. I can't see any problem with that.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]It not that I have a problem with Canada's politics, its just that I disagree with their obvious sense of nationalism. I wouldn't consider myself a nationalist, but I hate when people pat themselves on the back for no reason than to say that they rock. We do it too, but we at least attempt to have some reason to justify our pats.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE][COLOR=Gray]Er? You really don't understand anything about politics or warfare, do you?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]Yes. I understand politics and warfare...to a frightening degree. But we're not politicians, are we?[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE][COLOR=Gray]Yea, sure [I]sounds[/i] like you're only talking about certain Canadians here... [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]Maybe I'm talking about very specific Canadians here...ones that get incredibly offended by the opinions of another person...[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE][COLOR=Gray]
Man, no ****. There are dumb mother****ers in every corner of the world. There are stupid Chinese people, there are jerk-*** French people, there are English ********, there are people everywhere who will say stupid things. Don't be one of them.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]Ok. I won't attack people for no reason than because I can and they believe things differently than I do. Or maybe I'll hold my opinions, because they're my perceptions of the world and no one will tell me what's right. Especially not someone who comes out, guns blazing like that...[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE][COLOR=Gray]Yea. You're right. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]I know...[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Nerdsy][color=deeppink]

Although I'm a little surprised that Australians are naming their scandals after American ones. We must be the world leaders in scandels or something. :whoops: [/color][/QUOTE]

[font=arial]Haha, well I think it's just that Watergate is such a famous political incident globally.

Plus, Australians are probably more in-tune with American culture than Americans are with ours, just by virtue of the size difference of both countries. I mean, many Australians know a decent amount about American history even.

Then again, our high school history focuses much more on world history than our own (you have to take a separate course for Australian history).

I also think that close-mindedness annoys me. Especially when it comes to talking about which country is better. I mean, I love Australia and I would never want to live anywhere else - Australia has the highest average living standard in the world (higher even than the United States and Canada, lol), but I am [i]very[/i] keen to travel overseas and to visit as many places as I can.

I would like to visit the US within the next few years, there are a million things over there I'd love to see. I have also heard from family that Canada is absolutely gorgeous and I must see it if I visit North America.

So yeah, an appreciation for other countries and cultures is usually a good thing. :catgirl:[/font]

[QUOTE]Canada does not have the capability to have "Manifest-Destiny' esque desires as Russia, China or the United States do.[/QUOTE]
What??? I'm no genuis in canadian war capabilities, I live in canada but I pride my Irish haritage more so. Either way, doesn't Canada have just as much "capability" to make several atom bombs?? Canada could have tons of power, for a few reasons, one: we're smart :p. But seriously, we could make billions of bombs and weapons of mass destruction, but why? Canada doesn't need random warfare on it's hands for no reason. We hear "Another 5 american souldiers died in Iraq today when their jeep hit a land-mine." and the majority think "Who needs to attack the mideast??" we have a lack of employment in Canada hm? Well problem solved, hire more airplane security!

Anywho where was I going there...ah yes. Canada doesn't have the weapons or soldiers to attack a random country, but that's because we have no plans to, duh.

Finally on a semi-unrelated topic. The fact that for a while we were all scared about "weapons of mass destruction" or no! They hve weapons of mass destruction?!?! Well what the hell does the U.S. have??? Weapons of peace and sharing??? I mean get with the program people, weapons are weapons, they're all made for destruction!

P.S. I'm tired and bored, so if my post is inconsistant and pig headed, feel free to poke fun at it and laugh later with your co-workers :)

[quote name='The Enemy']Anywho where was I going there...ah yes. Canada doesn't have the weapons or soldiers to attack a random country, but that's because we have no plans to, duh.[/quote]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]
Like DeathKnight said, you have no plans to attack, because you have no ABILITY to successfully attack another country. Additionally, it seems that Americans are quick to point out the problems of America. I asked a Canadian today, and got no response. Apperantly, there are no problems. No unity problems, either...

Another thing that makes me mad. French fries. Waffle fries are superior. Anyone want to debate that? First of all, french fries are too thin to maintain a consistent heat, making them cold. They also get limp, when they're not cooked long enough. Waffle fries have this deficiency too, but they at least look more attractive on a plate, by a fat juicy steak.

Also, people who claim to be able to grill, who mean that they can cook the **** out of it. Steak is expensive and requires finesse to make well. And it must be seasoned appropriately.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Farto the Magic][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]
Another thing that makes me mad. French fries. Waffle fries are superior. Anyone want to debate that?[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]
If properly seasoned, waffle fries are delicious indeed, but my heart will always belong to sweet potato fries. Lucious, bright orange and straight out of the fryer... :animenose

~Dagger~

[quote]Anywho where was I going there...ah yes. Canada doesn't have the weapons or soldiers to attack a random country, but that's because we have no plans to, duh.
[/quote]

[font=arial]Actually Canada is a lot like New Zealand when it comes to defense. Canada is in the enviable position of simply not needing to spend much on military because it is situated right next to the United States. Canada very much relies on the US for defense.

The same is true with NZ. NZ's military is tiny - it actually gave back a fleet of FA-18 aircraft that it'd bought from Australia because maintaining them in New Zealand was too expensive. NZ is completely reliant on Australia for military defense.

So I think as much as we would like to think that these countries "have no plans to attack" someone...the reality is that it's much more about saving money and relying on allies as opposed to actually having a philosophical viewpoint or something.

Just thought I'd throw that in there in the hope of grounding the discussion a bit, lol. As I said before, the whole "we are better than you" or "this country is better than that country" is a bit silly.[/font]

[quote name='James][font=arial']Just thought I'd throw that in there in the hope of grounding the discussion a bit, lol. As I said before, the whole "we are better than you" or "this country is better than that country" is a bit silly.[/font][/quote]
[size=1]Well, not [i]that[/i] silly, so long as it isn't serious and aggressive. I always say that the US of A is better than [insert country], then break out into spontaneous "America, **** Yeah" (Team America, baby). I see it as the playful manifestation of my patriotism.

But what's [i]really[/i] annoying are people who look down on other countries based on stereotypes. For example: "I hate Americans. They're dumb, fat, and don't care about the rest of the world" or "I hate Canadians. They're basically the attic of the US where you store all your crap. Care for more maple syrup, eh?".[/size]

[quote name='Retribution][size=1']Care for more maple syrup, eh?[/size][/quote][color=#007520]I don't even like Maple Syrup, eh. :( I do believe, though, that french fries aren't as bad as Farto may have one believe. With a little bit of gravy and some cheese curds we haver the greatest reason for a heart attack.

The heat issue is mainly a problem when french fries are cut in the shoestring fashion, but this can be counter-acted by proper plating (ie, standing up in a paper cup, or in a bowl as opposed to a plate) to keep heat in, or by a hot dressing on top of fries, ie. gravy.

As for looking better on a plate? Please. The fact that french fries are smaller make them more versital to work with and easier to plate. A baked potato, for example, would not look as good on a plate next to a steak as french fries spread out around the steak. The same would go for waffle fries.

Try placing a whole carrot nicely next to a dish, as opposed to chopped or sliced carrots. :)

Being a server, what grinds my gears are people who say one thing, but do another, wasting the time of those around them. Take for example the conversation held between myself and more guests than I should have this conversation with.

r2vq: "I'll be right back to take your order"
Undecided: "I'm ready to order. um... um... um... um..."
r2vq: "A few more minutes sir?"
Undecided: "No, no I'm ready. um... um... um.."

Also grinding on my gears are people who overreact and become extremely emotional without realising how childish they are being. This is especially true at my old workplace where a number of staff would visibly whine, complain, and yell about frustrating situations that could otherwise be handled professionally and with a proper demeanor.

Yes, a party of 20 walked in without a reservation and it will be a challenge to bring their food out at a reasonable time and all at the [i]same[/i] time, but the proper attitude isn't to curse and throw a pot or pan around, especially since they're paying money to eat here.

And of course... parties of 20 who walk in without reservations grind my gears. Though, not as badly as parties of 40 who walk in and complain about everything...

Finally, the big one. Customers suck. There are exceptions. Some people are a [i]pleasure[/i] to serve, and I tell them this. But some people... grr...

-r2[/color]

[quote name='r2vq][color=#007520']I don't even like Maple Syrup, eh. :( I do believe, though, that french fries aren't as bad as Farto may have one believe. With a little bit of gravy and some cheese curds we haver the greatest reason for a heart attack.[/color][/quote]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]Mmmm...poutine...the best Canadian food. Because maple syrup is just too darn runny. It doesn't glop like the maple-flavored corn syrup that I eat. Its too fast for my waffles.

I too, have worked in the food industry. Customers generally made me angry. Like this one guy. I worked at McDonald's and this guy would bring his family in every day. He was always really short with people and he brought in his two daughters and his wife. His younger daughter was nice, and his older daughter was just like him. Both were severely obese. His wife had a cane and those thick black shades that people get when they're recovering from eye surgury, and I'm fairly certain that she had diabetes (both of my grandparents had it on one side). But the thing that annoyed me was that he couldn't see that he was destroying his family, in the name of saving the time from not cooking.

That same guy flipped a tit on one of the employees once. His youngest daughter placed an order while he was doing something else, so he came and placed his order. He also ordered for his daughter, and the guy thought that it was weird, but he wasn't sure if it was actually for her, or if they had an extra person coming, so he took it. Then the guy freaked out on the employee and started yelling. The poor guy just looked at the manager, who saved the day by explaining what happened.

That guy was a jack***.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='DeathKnight][/size][color=crimson']Do you attach persistence or a steadfast attitude with intolerance? I can't say that it absolutely isn't intolerance or absolutely is, it all depends on the person we are talking about and their actions. From what you say I'd say their persistence was passionate but not touched with negative intentions.[/color][/quote]

[SIZE=1]It depends on what that persistence is attached to, as I said before while I respect their beliefs that they're doing this to attempt to save my soul, I feel that after five or so times of politely asking them not to call around that it is intolerant of them to continue to do so. Intolerance doesn't not require negative intentions, just a failure to respect the beliefs of others.

Now that doesn't just go for JWs or Mormons, but also extends to missionaries, I mean I believe that my religion is correct out of choice, but I don't agree with people going out to the likes of Africa and converting people with food or whatever just because they believe it's "for their own good". It's presumptuous and wrong, God gave man choice so I say let him decide for himself.[/SIZE]

[quote name='James][font=arial']Also, Gavin, I don't think it's fair to lump athiests in with intolerant people. Athiests do not believe in God, this does not automatically make them intolerant of religion.[/font][/quote]

[SIZE=1]I'm not talking about all atheists, just those ones who are as closed minded as fundamental religious people, and often as confrontational as them as well. I've a few friends in school who belong to said group and it gets irritating to hear the words "God delusion" over and over without being willing to debate it.

I find it refreshing and in a way fun to be able to debate my religious beliefs with someone who doesn't believe, as it generates a greater understanding of both viewpoints. A religious teacher of mine once said to me "You don't know how much you know until you are forced to defend it".[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin']I'm not talking about all atheists, just those ones who are as closed minded as fundamental religious people, and often as confrontational as them as well. I've a few friends in school who belong to said group and it gets irritating to hear the words "God delusion" over and over without being willing to debate it. [/quote]

[font=arial]Yeah that's cool, I just mean it's not good to make general statements about a group like that. Obviously each group (both religious and non-religious) have their extremists.

Another thing I dislike - which has been mentioned here - are rude salespeople. Few things can be more annoying than this. A little old-fashioned customer service goes a long way.

Nothing will make me forget my horrible experience at EB not long ago with an over-eager salesperson...[/font]

[COLOR=DimGray][quote name='r2vq][color=#007520']I don't even like Maple Syrup, eh. :( [/color][/quote]
[FONT=Tahoma]I do. :whoops:

I also enjoy hockey, lacrosse, snow (though I do get sick of it), beavers, toonies, and poutines. Poutines can be evil though, I only started eating them a while ago and I came to love them. Unfortunately you can basically buy a poutine anywhere in Canada (the movie theatre I work at even sells them) so I've been eating too many. >.>"

Seriously, though. What grinds my gears is when you really look forward to a game and when you finally get your hands on it you find out it's horrible. Sucks to be disappointed[/FONT].[/COLOR]