OtakuBoards

The Artist & Writer Recruiting Thread

Kei

[quote name='scribblepop'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"] Hello, Im am posting to this thread in the hopes of finding an artist who would like to collaborate on a short graphic novel. I do have serial manga ideas but right now I would like to focus on getting one good story out to submit to DelRey or TokyoPop. Royalties would be split down the middle. The title of my manga novel is "Beautiful Seed" You can read about it on my otaku portfolio. [url]http://www.theotaku.com/worlds/beautiful_seed/view/72388/beautiful_seed/[/url]

I also have a popular script called "Flying Cats Dumpling" Im getting allot of good feedback on that but it would be a longer project. [url]http://www.theotaku.com/worlds/flyingcatdumpling/view/71498/book_1_bitter_harvest/[/url]

Synopsis for beautiful seed : In the near future the Megatropolis *13,000,000 citizens* known as Geaga City is growing out of control. Concrete and pavement seem to even dwarf nearby Enid Forest.The cities clean air comes from Enid Forest there's only one problem. Enid can't possibly sustain the burden put upon it and when a devious company called Susumu Laboratories unveils its newest invention a machine that can clean the cities air on its own its obvious Geaga City has intentions of bulldozing one of the last forests to the ground. Susumu Laboratories has no idea that knocking down one of the last pillars (Enid Forest) down will cause a catastrophic domino effect of events.
Things look dismal until a mysterious girl named Ellu who was born out of a large blossom with strange powers appears on a man named Daxs door claiming that she was sent by the spirit of the earth itself and in 4 days she will topple Geaga City and cannot possibly accomplish it without his help.
Between being hunted by the greedy susumu foundation and a strange earth worshiping cult Ellu and Dax find out "just what is Dax's role in saving the Earth" and "Does Ellu really understand the full ramifications of toppling Geaga City"
Find out in my book thanks :) This is a project I really am working hard on so please let me know[/FONT][/QUOTE]
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hello to all who's reading this.
my Name is Crash and I'm a writer. I never intended to write for manga or anime, although I am a big fan. I have intended for most of my life to be a writer, and still do. However, I have discovered that a lot of my writing ideas and subsequent stories were not ideal for books but are ideal for manga. I am now currently turning a lot of previous creations from story format into Manga format and would like to ask for some help on the drawings - I have little or no artistic drawing talent - I cannot pay you, but if all goes well you could make a name for yourself and get a share of any profits made.
Naturally you may look over my work beforehand and decide whether you feel my writing has what ti takes and if it is worth your time. upon request for information I will provide you with excerpts of stories I have written and from stories I have converted into Manga, my current project is called "Finn's Kingdom", and is designed to be a combination of Eurpean and Asian mythology. I can also provide in depth character bios if that is the way you work, most artists and writers take considerable time getting to know characters before they go anywhere with them, I understand that and have no problem providing you with any information you may need in order to make a decision.
Currently I have a considerable amount of time on my hands and can work quite closely with those interested. however in the near furure I will become fairly busy and will not have the same amount of time on my hands, you may rest assured, any of you interested, that this will not affect my work and I will produce continuous writing and make time for anyone working with me.
That being said however, I am looking for dedicated individuals to collaborate with who will stick with a project.
Interest?
Want more information?
you can reply through this post or through my email: [email][email protected][/email]
Sincerly,
Crash

• 3 weeks later...
Hello!! hiya :D!
I'm an artist and would be willing to help a writer out or do requests that people want. even though i have enough to do already, i will always allow for more things to go on my list.
i draw anime, moe-ish style and am not to great at anatomy but i will continue to improve! message me if interested :3
gallery
marihikari.deviantart.com

• 1 month later...
Hi. I'm a writer and I have 2 interesting stories that have been rated good by others. I was thinking to team up with an artist maybe to make a manga or just to have some pictures coz I usually combine my texts with images. For example when I talk about some character I attach near a picture with him or maybe pictures with places, objects and so on. Send me a pm here or an email to [email][email protected][/email] if interested. I will send back more inforamtions.
Thank you.

• 1 month later...
Writer Seeks Artist for Collaboration/Submission Project
I?m looking for a manga artist to collaborate for character design/20-40 page illustration as a sample for an on-going series. While I am unable to pay at this point, the point of the collaboration is to submit to the companies. If the series was picked up, obviously royalties would be split.
The following is vague, for intellectual property protection (I am posting this online) and I would be happy to give more specific, less-cliched information over e-mail (see bottom of ad).
[B]Basic Blurb of Project[/B]
[center][center]Who is the Wanderlust?[/center][/center]
The whole world is holding its breath in fearful wait of the Wanderlust -- the hellspirit -- and the day it returns to devour humanity. But when the Sagashi, a Wanderlust-hunter, ONYX EYRE finds ANDRY, a girl with a tell-tale wound, a powder keg power, and intrusive memories that don?t belong to her, he can?t help but suspect that this peculiar girl is the Wanderlust herself. Can the otherworldly Lady GLORIA and curmudgeonly Elder BIEDINGER convince Onyx to betray the Sagashi and join forces with the one person he?s sworn to hunt down? Will Andry ever remember where she came from -- a world free from the Wanderlust? Can she atone for her shattered soul by uncovering the Palimpsests, remnants of the world she left behind? Or will this distorted rewrite of reality become irreversible?
And what if the one person who destroyed the world is the only person who can save it?
(NOTE: The book is inspired by the word PALIMPSEST, which originally refers to how ancient texts were often re-used and written over when papyrus/writing material was in short supply. However, the original writing begins to show through underneath the writing on top of it over time. The idea in this story is that Argia is a rewritten version of Andry?s world (due to something she did to cause the ?rewrite? ? no spoilers! ^^), but because the rewrite is imperfect (again due to something Andry does), traces of Andry?s world (a happier, more peaceful place) still exist. Andry hopes that by finding all these traces, somehow, she can restore the world and redeem herself for causing the rewrite in the first place)
[B]Writing Sample[/B]
If you are interested in this project, I?m happy to send over an excerpt from WANDERLUST. You can check it out, see if you like my writing, the story, and if it?s something you can get behind and believe in.
To date, I have written 275 pages of the script. Since this would be an unpaid collaboration, I don?t expect anyone to make such a huge commitment. The goal of this collaboration would be to find someone willing to do the first 20-40 pages so that I could submit to companies who accept unsolicited submissions (Dark House Manga, Del Rey, TokyoPop, etc).
The submission guidelines for these places typically ask for 1-2 chapters as a sample and highly recommend sending in a finished product (art and writing, not just one or the other). So, I?d like to have the first chapter or two penciled, inked, and lettered to completion so that rather than just receiving a script (which, let?s face it, never sounds as great as it looks when accompanied by the much-needed graphic component of a manga, which is so visually dependent). I plan to do digital lettering/text bubbles on my Manga Studio EX. If you pencil, but don?t ink, and are interested, (or vice versa)I wouldn?t mind making it a group effort.
[B]My Ideal Collaborator[/B]
I?m looking for a collaborator who is comfortable with drawing action sequences, landscapes, and architecture in addition to the typical character scenes. There is a lot of room to be creative with those elements of the story. I would also love to work with someone who is comfortable drawing scenes from unique camera angles in order to keep conversations/action fresh and inviting to the reader.
In terms of art direction: I can provide rough story boards for the pages, however I?d be more than happy and willing to let the artist determine panel layout/styling. Action sequences (a fight, for example) is another area where the artist is free to get creative and add to existing material. While I am not already wed to any particular character designs, I do have the character?s personalities and important features (e.g., scars, important objects) worked out and if the artist wants to design the characters, I?m all for it as long as we integrate the elements of the character essential to the storyline.
Also, if over the course of our work together, the artist wants to make story suggestions/contributions, I?m totally open to that. I would like to work with an artist who is willing to give me the final say on the script/writing component of the project. The first year or so of the project was solely devoted to fleshing out the story line (at least the major components), character evolution, and thematic elements ? so I?m a bit attached to it. It?s my baby. [FONT=Wingdings]J[/FONT]
[B]What Drawing Style Most Interests Me[/B]
As I mentioned above, this is an OEL manga so I?m looking for an artist who is knowledgeable about the conventions of manga. When I say manga, I don?t expect it to resemble someone else?s style or anything. I?d like an artist who could bring their own unique take on the art form. The manga is targeted at teen audiences/young adults. I view it as shonen project that could also potentially appeal to a shoujo audience (what? Too hopeful?) ? as it features a heroine who isn?t just there for eye candy. Also, genre-wise I think it touches on fantasy (in the sense that the physics of my story?s universe don?t follow reality)/adventure with a hint of comedy.
The story includes drama and action (combat, natural disasters, training sequences) so my ideal collaborator would be able to both draw action (captures movement, perspective, foreshortening, uncommon body poses, all in a 2-D, sequential medium) and drama (utilizes angles, close-ups, zooming out, tracking, panning, shading, tones, etc to heighten the dramatic quality of a scene).
[B]Contact Me[/B]
If this project sounds interesting, if you?d like to see excerpts from the script, or if you have any questions that were not answered here, please e-mail me at [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]

Most importantly, THANK YOU FOR READING!

• 7 months later...
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Hello everyone, I�ll start with introductions, my name is Amy, and my friends call me Ami-chan. My age well�I�ll just say early 20�s, my gender, well you can guess by my name. I�m a very nice person to get along with as well.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I'm a manga/anime artist, I'm not really great with writing so, and I�m looking for a writer for an original story. The title and story has been set, well sort of. The title is �Space Angel2045�, if someone can write, also do like sounds, ex: clock sounds, bird chirps etc. Anything and everything or even whatever you think that would sound good in the panel also if you are an artist, I would be glad to have someone who can help me draw male�s I�m not great with drawing males at all. For more information about the manga your welcome to IM me on one of the following: [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]yahoo - [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]hotmail - [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]AIM - [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]also you can take a look at my art here: [URL="http://ami-chan23.blogspot.com/"][COLOR=#800080]http://ami-chan23.blogspot.com/[/COLOR][/URL] and well I would give out my Zelda Legends link to my art but, since I�m apart of the staff, I have my album set to where only members can look at it because a visitor came by and voted everyone�s art 0�s. But unless you join, I�ll give out the link : [URL="http://gallery.zeldalegends.net/index.php?cat=10863"][COLOR=#800080]http://gallery.zeldalegends.net/index.php?cat=10863[/COLOR][/URL] and here�s my SA: [url]http://amy122.sheezyart.com/[/url] I have left that site due to a lot or rude comments on my art and the negative rates I have gotten.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
Thank-you hope to get an answer from someone. =)[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

Position is CLOSED: If I'm not going to get any messages, IM's, or even E-MAILS then the position for writer is OFFICIAL closed and will remain closed. I'll do it myself or I won't do a manga period. Unless someone e-mails me saying they want the position then I'll reconsider. Edited by Amy122

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, I?m a young writer from the UK and I am looking for an intermediate/skilled [B]manga artist[/B] to collaborate with and create a graphic novel .
I am currently about two thirds of the way through writing a [B]vampire drama/horror[/B] about the friendship between an adolescent boy and an outcast vampire. There are violent and gory bits and there are sweet and tender parts, so someone who is able to explore these contrasts in mood and atmosphere would be great :animesmil.

How long is the story you ask?
I can only estimate at the moment because as I said, I haven?t finished it yet, but I would say in writing it will be about fifteen pages (on average 450 words per page) and it?ll probably turn out to be [B]about six or seven manga chapters[/B] long, (but we?ll just start with the first chapter and see how it goes from there).

Anyway thanks for reading and reply if you?re interested.

Thanks a lot :p

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='HeartStopper']I need a story, Im a excellent manga artist, just need a good story

action/science fiction/anything!!!
dont forget the humor!!!

pm me with any ideas[/quote]

I have a great manga idea that i think could be just as popular as mainstream shonen manga. If you are interested i could write and you could draw, but be warned it might take me a while to get used to this whole manga writing buisness. I think I know how it's done though. So e-mail me if you are interested. I promise my stories can not be thought of by anyone else.

I want to do a completely original story. I already have several written down, so there are options. Looking for a talented artist, as i am interested in having this manga sent in to tokyopop. The stories are all good enough to compete with plenty of manga out there, so don't be shy. Either E-mail me or PM me if you are interested.

• 5 weeks later...
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"][size="3"]Uhm....hi. If you are reading this, thank you.
My nickname and pen name is Aki and I am a serious writer lookig for an artist.
Im probably the youngest one here but I have really good plots and ideas written and laid out
with good characters but I can't draw that well. So if there is a good artist who has good
skills or excellent drawing skills that is willing to help me , plz pm me and or send me an email, which I'll leave below.
I'll send you a sample of my stories, I'm accepting improvement ideas to, since I wat it to be the best. I really want to get something published.
I need the drawing styles similar to most shoujo manga that has action, like Koihime Musou, but it involves angel wings so, I need someone who can draw those beautifully, not being picky though.

yahoo: [email protected]
MSN ( Hotmail ) : [email protected]
[/size][/font] Edited by Aki 秋洞爺 Night

• 1 month later...
[font="ArialMT, sans-serif"][size="3"][color="#000000"][font="ArialMT, sans-serif"][size="3"][color="#000000"][font="ArialMT, sans-serif"][size="3"][b]Lookingfor sequential artists : only one page needed :)[/b][/size][/font][/color]

[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#000000"][font="ArialMT, sans-serif"][size="3"]Hello,[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#000000"] [font="ArialMT, sans-serif"][size="3"]I'm currently setting up a Sci-Fi/Fantasy webcomic where each page is drawn by a different artist. [/size][/font][/color]

[color="#000000"][font="ArialMT, sans-serif"][size="3"]10 pages are already in progress but more artists are welcome to continue the story.[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#000000"][font="ArialMT, sans-serif"][size="3"]Each page has 5 panels, with very simple backgrounds and character designs. [/size][/font][/color]

[color="#000000"][font="ArialMT, sans-serif"][size="3"]I'm doing the story, the coloring and the lettering so you only have todo the line-art (but you can also do the color if you want to). All styles are welcome. :)[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#000000"][font="ArialMT, sans-serif"][size="3"]If you're interested, please send samples (links are preferred, butattachments are okay too) to [/size][/font][/color][email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email][color="#000000"][font="ArialMT, sans-serif"][size="3"].[/size][/font][/color][color="#000000"][font="ArialMT, sans-serif"][size="3"]This is a free project [/size][/font][/color][color="#000000"][font="Arial, sans-serif"][size="3"]and [/size][/font][/color][font="Arial, sans-serif"]I prefer to make it clear from the beginning that [/font][color="#000000"][font="Arial, sans-serif"][size="3"]no pay is involved.[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#000000"][font="ArialMT, sans-serif"][size="3"]Thanks for looking! All the best,[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#000000"][font="ArialMT, sans-serif"][size="3"]StepH.[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#000000"][font="ArialMT, sans-serif"][size="3"][url="http://abc142.free.fr/monwordpress/"]http://abc142.free.fr/[/url][/size][/font][/color]

[/size][/font]

• 3 months later...
I know I already have a post up, but now I have a working computer with windows 7.

What I'm looking for in a way of a writer:
-sounds ex. wind, birds chirping, phone rings, clocks ticking etc...
-what the character is either saying or thinking. (if you want me to write out page 1 for page 1 I will, and in the meantime I will re-draw Page one for my manga.)
-Someone reliable, I know you have a life like I do, but if you're going to be busy for a while at least let me know. I don't want someone who's like my beta reader for my story who I sent chapter 8 to be Beta and she never did it, and it's been weeks, and she's been posting her life up on FB. That's what I call Free time.

Remember the name of the manga is SPACE ANGEL 2045 I have already done an Official logo and symbol for it. Right now I'm working on drawing more characters updating my art style. When I can get around to it, I will redraw page 1 by Manga Studio, and Free hand as well. I don't have a lot of supplies to do a paper manga, I do have a few tho...I just need wood-less paper Ink and I think a few other items...

If you're reading this and you want to be the writer, then please don't hesitate to e-mail me.

E-mails:

[email protected]

[email protected]

Thank-you for your time on reading this!

Position is CLOSED: If I'm not going to get any messages, IM's, or even E-MAILS then the position for writer is OFFICIAL closed and will remain closed. I'll do it myself or I won't do a manga period. Unless someone e-mails me saying they want the position then I'll reconsider. Edited by Amy122

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone! I'm a multi-talented person (kinda) and I'm really good at writing and drawing manga-mostly the former than the latter. I have some drawing samples (not a lot) on my deviantart account:xxxkuroxxxfaixxx.
As for writing, I don't any examples of that, but if you private message me here or on my deviantart account, I can send you some writing that I've done. Feel free to comment and reply and do whatever!

• 4 months later...
hello
im looking for artist who want to help me out with my webcomic that i want to get off the ground. i can't draw so good that why im not doing it myself. i had artist but he have to back out for now becuse of college class and other thing in his life. i do have basic idea for the story and chars im still working on it as i put this up. it is animeish and anime fandom basic and some cosplay it it too. if you like to hlep me out and want to know more datail post down below and if you want to send me some work just let me know we talk. i do have deventart with my try at drawing if you wish that let me know i give you link to it. i hope to hear from someone soon

thanks
bea

Ciaossu~

I'm a north american light novel writer looking for an artist with a good grasp of shounen/seinen style much alike to manga like: Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Samurai Champloo to assist me on a project. I am currently writing a Yakuza themed light novel titled Blood: the dragon. and would love to find a skilled artist to help me convert into a manga. With the intent of publication (self or otherwise) and selling at cons and if we manage to get the right stuff together over the internet. If interested send me a pm here, OR email me with a small portfolio of your work ^_^

Domo.

-Sil.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Just a quick update, we're going to be overhauling this thread along with other aspects of Manga Alley in the coming weeks. Of important to this thread, we will be introducing request templates for people seeking artists or writers to better enable you to find what you're looking for. Additionally we no longer require those responding to applications to do so via PM alone, if you are interesting in participating in a particular project, simply quote the individual and give your response. This is so we can hopefully better facilitate the meeting of creative talent.

[b]Gavin[/b]
Moderator of Manga Alley. [/size][/font]

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
HELP WANTED

Looking for an artist to co-op for a submission for next year's Morning International Manga Competition (http://morningmanga.com/micc/rule_e.html). This year's deadline was just not at the end of October so I wanted to have a full year to work with someone to make something really outstanding.

I have a plot for a shonen manga in mind. Please reply to [email protected] (or PM here is emails r not okay - sorry moderator, I am not sure about this rule).

My goal is to aim for serialization should this project work.

Thank you,

Arnaldo

PS: I am also an artist and would be able to help, if it came to that lol.

[quote name='lazythirdeyeakabea' timestamp='1301687758' post='706183']
hello
im looking for artist who want to help me out with my webcomic that i want to get off the ground. i can't draw so good that why im not doing it myself. i had artist but he have to back out for now becuse of college class and other thing in his life. i do have basic idea for the story and chars im still working on it as i put this up. it is animeish and anime fandom basic and some cosplay it it too. if you like to hlep me out and want to know more datail post down below and if you want to send me some work just let me know we talk. i do have deventart with my try at drawing if you wish that let me know i give you link to it. i hope to hear from someone soon

thanks
bea
[/quote]

I would like to help out. Look up my work here in OB. PM me if interested.

[quote name='DragonRider11' timestamp='1233372088' post='672411']
I'm a writer, and I'm not half bad at storylines if I do say so myself. I enjoy the manga style, and love writing scenerios for the charchters, or playing with storylines in my head, but my art frankly smells.

If there are any artists out there looking for a writer, feel free to contact me. I am friendly, willing to work with people, don't have to have my own way all the time, and can work with most schedules. :)
[/quote]

I have a general plot and want to submit it for next year's Morning IMC. It's a shonen style manga. Let me know if you wanna go it.

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]han ki-tae,

While it's great you're so eager to get involved in various projects, please consider the viability of offers you're making. DragonRider11's request went out in January 2009 and he has not visited the site since June 2009 so it's very unlikely the project is still active. If the requester has not been active in the last few days/a month tops it's best to leave them. Also if you wish to reply to multiple active projects, please use the one post rather than several consecutive posts.

-Gavin.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' timestamp='1323045721' post='710485']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]han ki-tae,

While it's great you're so eager to get involved in various projects, please consider the viability of offers you're making. DragonRider11's request went out in January 2009 and he has not visited the site since June 2009 so it's very unlikely the project is still active. If the requester has not been active in the last few days/a month tops it's best to leave them. Also if you wish to reply to multiple active projects, please use the one post rather than several consecutive posts.

-Gavin.[/size][/font]
[/quote]

I know, I only realized it afterwards...

Ty though.