OtakuBoards

Heroes (possible spoilers)

Nehszriah

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='r2vq][color=#007520]Next season's Heroes has been confirmed to be [spoiler]full of all new Heroes around the world. It is supposed to have a totally new storyline, but some of this season's Heroes will make appearances.[/spoiler'] :-/ I'm not sure how I feel about that...[/color][/quote]

[color=deeppink]Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Personally, [spoiler]I hate the "new cast a year" approach. It ruined Digimon for me, heh. Not to mention my love for Hiro; I feel that he's a pretty big draw for the show anyway. Getting rid of him may be be a pretty bad idea in general.[/spoiler][/color]

[quote]*[size=1]Darn, for some reason I keep making that mistake. ;)[/size][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I don't see why, they're nothing alike. Trunks has purple hair! : P[/color]

[QUOTE=Nerdsy][color=deeppink]Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Personally, [spoiler]I hate the "new cast a year" approach. It ruined Digimon for me, heh. Not to mention my love for Hiro; I feel that he's a pretty big draw for the show anyway. Getting rid of him may be be a pretty bad idea in general.[/spoiler][/color]

[color=deeppink]I don't see why, they're nothing alike. Trunks has purple hair! : P[/color][/QUOTE]

See, I understand how you feel about what's under the spoiler tag. He is a HUGE draw for sci-fi nerds, otaku and awkward oddballs in general. Actually, Heroes seems to have assimilated into many, many different fandoms. A friend of mine said she sees RENT fanfiction with Heroes cameos and I keep on getting thwacked with Dr. Who crossovers. Then again, I doubt that there are many people alive today who never wished that they had some sort of "ability" when they were younger.

[color=#007520]Is anyone else annoyed that although he has a really [i]sick[/i] power (even used by one of the X-Men) DL has practically [spoiler]no heroic storyline at all? We're stuck with seeing some guy who's down on his luck, trying to pay the bills, and be super dad.[/spoiler]

What happenned to his [spoiler]connections with the mob[/spoiler]?
When will we be able to see more [spoiler]phase fighting[/spoiler]?

I'm not against having a character with a realistic view point on life (ie. earn money, try to live a decent life, raise your kid right) but it almost feels like a waste. :-/

-r2[/color]

[QUOTE=r2vq][color=#007520]Is anyone else annoyed that although he has a really [i]sick[/i] power (even used by one of the X-Men) DL has practically [spoiler]no heroic storyline at all? We're stuck with seeing some guy who's down on his luck, trying to pay the bills, and be super dad.[/spoiler]

What happenned to his [spoiler]connections with the mob[/spoiler]?
When will we be able to see more [spoiler]phase fighting[/spoiler]?

I'm not against having a character with a realistic view point on life (ie. earn money, try to live a decent life, raise your kid right) but it almost feels like a waste. :-/

-r2[/color][/QUOTE]

I agree that DL is a character that has so much more potential than he is given. He needs some sort of kick-arse-give-the-guy-props battle other than [spoiler]his fight with Jessenikki and the whole "I am BATMAN!" bit.[/spoiler]

Ando + super-speed (or some other neat-o power) + owning some thugs and saving Hiro = my life being complete.

[color=deeppink]Yeah, DL is [i]severely[/i] underused. The last to be introduced, and probably the least amount of screen time since then. Considering what [spoiler]we know about the future of the show,[/spoiler] that doesn't seem like it's going to change.

On that note, I love the juxtaposition between these guys and their most famous comic book counterparts.

Shadowcat = large black man.
Hulk = stripper.
Wolverine = cheerleader.
Rogue = idealistic part-time nurse.
Invisible Woman = 9th Doctor.

I could go on, but I won't.[/color]

I just had the most wicked idea ever.

[spoiler]What if Molly Walker can take away other people's powers and leave them defenseless, just as a negation thing similar to the Hatian? The only difference would be that the Haitian's powers are erasing in nature, while Molly could be just a temporary cancellation.[/spoiler]

Anyone else got an idea?

[QUOTE=Nehszriah]I just had the most wicked idea ever.

[spoiler]What if Molly Walker can take away other people's powers and leave them defenseless, just as a negation thing similar to the Hatian? The only difference would be that the Haitian's powers are erasing in nature, while Molly could be just a temporary cancellation.[/spoiler]

Anyone else got an idea?[/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink][spoiler]As far as taking away someone's powers, the Hatian [i]is[/i] a temporary cancellation. He can erase memories, but he hasn't been shown that he can erase powers, just negate them.

My theory is a bit more straightforward - she can kill people. She can just remove their lives through some means. It would be a great juxtaposition, having a little girl with such a horrific power.[/spoiler][/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1][QUOTE=Nehszriah]I just had the most wicked idea ever.

Anyone else got an idea?[/QUOTE]

Mmm, but then Matt wouldn't have been able to "hear" her to rescue her, unless her powers emerged after their encounter. =\ I, personally, am a fan of the first theory [url=http://heroeswiki.com/Theories:Evolved_Humans#Molly_Walker]here[/url]. but I have yet to figure out how that would help - it seems to me that if that's what she does it would only make things worse. Unless she [spoiler]helps Hiro mainpulate time and space in some massively humungous way to get Sylar [or Peter, whoever it winds up being] out of NYC...I'm hoping it's not Sylar, because if it is Sylar, that means Teddy is done for.[/spoiler] Which would make me very sad.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ozymandius Jones][COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1]

Mmm, but then Matt wouldn't have been able to "hear" her to rescue her, unless her powers emerged after their encounter. =\[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Or she could control it, and wasn't using it at that time. Or she doesn't know how to control it, but it still wasn't active at that moment.[/color]

[quote name='Nehszriah']Well, there went my theory. [/quote]

[color=deeppink]There went all of our theories, heh.

[spoiler]Apparently, Sylar's story continues into season two. This is a curious development. I'm not sure if they'll actually use Sylar, or someone closely related to him, but I'm glad such a great villain will still be around in some capacity.[/spoiler][/color]

[color=#007520]I'm just happy that Sylar's [spoiler]humanity was played up[/spoiler] in the latest episode.

The way his [spoiler]mom acted? That explains everything that is his character.
The way he called Mohinder in desperation before giving up and hanging up? Beautiful.[/spoiler]

Count them down with me guys. 2 more episodes left.

[spoiler]The way I see it, if Hiro doesn't act any different from the way he would have acted before, the original timeline would occur... so Hiro is the one that will change everything, even if it's only by inspiring others.[/spoiler]

-r2[/color]

[QUOTE=r2vq][color=#007520][spoiler]The way I see it, if Hiro doesn't act any different from the way he would have acted before, the original timeline would occur... so Hiro is the one that will change everything, even if it's only by inspiring others.[/spoiler]

-r2[/color][/QUOTE]

[spoiler]Well, if you want to continue further down the chain... Hiro wouldn't have done much of what he's done without Mr. Isaac's paintings. He likely never would have learned about Claire (not counting furture Hiro here, obviously), never would have gone for the sword. Most of Hiro's actions are a direct result of Mr Isaac, so we could say that he changed the furture by inspiring Hiro. ; )

Also, good knews! It seems they're scrapping the "new season, new cast" idea.[/spoiler]

[color=#007520]Well, I didn't mean to be idolizing Hiro, though I know that's how it sounded. More along the lines of... [spoiler]I think Hiro will be the one to make a drastic change in the next two episodes to prevent the events of the original timeline from happenning. Since nobody else has seen the future but Hiro and Ando (and[/spoiler] we all know Ando is only there for the yaoi fangirls in Japan ;) [spoiler]) they would continue to do what they did in the original timeline.[/spoiler]

And concerning Season 2... I think one of my friends described it really well when he said "Heroes is one of those series where they should just make one season and then a movie."

-r2[/color]

[quote name='r2vq][color=#007520][spoiler]Since nobody else has seen the future but Hiro and Ando (...) they would continue to do what they did in the original timeline.[/spoiler'][/color][/quote]
[SIZE=1]
On that note, what the heck was Peter thinking when [spoiler]he went out to find Ted himself, even though he'd already realised that Ted was the one who'd make him go boom. He goes to all that effort to try and control his powers and prevent the blast, then he goes and messes it up, just like that[/spoiler].

[I]Worst. Decision. Ever.[/I][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Dodeca][SIZE=1]

[I]Worst. Decision. Ever.[/I][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Amen to that.

Ando is not there for the Japanese yaoi fangirls--He's there to make me whine about how he's not cool enough.

[spoiler]I want Au Co to pop up. Seriously, I want to know where in the hell she is, because I don't think she died in the online comic. Correct me if I'm wrong.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Nehszriah']Correct me if I'm wrong.[/quote][color=#007520]I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

[spoiler]Nevada* or whatever his codename was stopped Linderman from healing Au Co. If New York* hadn't done that, Linderman would have been able to get to her in time and Linderman wouldn't have been so angry at him later on. That's why Linderman didn't back California* up later on.[/spoiler]

And apparently [spoiler]Arizona*[/spoiler] has a power? I guess it was unlocked after the comic somehow?

About Peter, I agree with you guys all the way. In fact as we were watching last weeks episode, everyone in the room couldn't help but comment on [spoiler]how stupid he was being. Just like how he was facing away when he was fighting Sylar. @_@[/spoiler]

One Episode Left!!!!11one!!11!exclamationmark

-r2

[size=1]*[spoiler]I don't remember his name. I think it was Dallas?[/spoiler][/size][/color]

[spoiler]Linderman = Austin
Late Mr. Petrelli = Dallas[/spoiler]

I missed the last episode against my will, so I'm going on spoilers until I check it out for real.

[spoiler]This still does not stop me from wanting to see Au Co. I'm a minor-character geek. I can't help it.[/spoiler] ^_^'

[color=deeppink][spoiler]She [i]may[/i] pop up, Nehszriah. Solicitations for the next episode talk about an Asian woman of the same age group showing up. She'd be slightly older than any of the heroes, but she might still be grouped with them.

I wouldn't hold my breath, though.[/spoiler][/color]

The 'dark future' timeline we saw a couple of episodes ago has already been steered off-course. [spoiler]In that timeline, Sylar could phase through objects, implying that he had killed DL and taken his power - but with DL's death at Linderman's hands, that path is closed to him.[/spoiler] So even if it's a very minor change, that exact timeline has been averted - and that means it's very definitely possible to stop the bomb.

I needed to tell myself that - I was starting to worry that they'd pull a 'the bomb happens in every timeline, it's inevitable, you can't stop it' twist ending.

[color=deeppink]We don't actually know [spoiler] if DL is dead yet. He's been shot, yes, but we didn't see him die, and it's possibly he could get to safety. Unlikely, I say, but still possible.[/spoiler][/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink]We don't actually know [spoiler] if DL is dead yet. He's been shot, yes, but we didn't see him die, and it's possibly he could get to safety. Unlikely, I say, but still possible.[/spoiler'][/color][/quote]

*has finally caught up due the greatness that is Sci-fi*

[spoiler]Ehh... he's presumed dead. I mean, Nikkica was all crying and stuff like that.[/spoiler] You are right though Nerdsy, that we can't make assumptions yet. Not until about nine hours from now at least.

[color=deeppink]I was thinking about it a little more, Raiyuu, and I realized that [spoiler]even if DL is dead, Sylar may take his power. I mean, that's how it works; he has to kill them first anyway, so assuming that decomposition can make the process impossible, he's still got a while before he can't take DL's power.[/spoiler][/color]