OtakuBoards

Heroes (possible spoilers)

Nehszriah

Nerdsy was right. [spoiler]Total ownage calling that DL's still alive. I think I did a major geek-spasm at the last fifteen minutes or so.

Sneak preview of Generations... Niiiiice.[/spoiler]

Oh, woe that we need to use spoiler tags.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's [spoiler]Uluru[/spoiler]?

I'm [b]sooo[/b] glad [spoiler]Sylar isn't dead. Mainly because his fight with Peter was a massive anticlimax. I wanted to see them both ripping up Kirby Plaza with telekinesis, ice-casting, radioactive pavement-melting ... we needed invisible Peter running rings round Sylar, and he could have absorbed Nikki's strength and DL's phasing while he was there, for an extra edge. There's so much they could have done with that scene and instead we got a couple of punches from Peter before Hiro showed up with the quick fix[/spoiler].

*Phew*

Rant over. That aside, I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for volume two!

[color=deeppink][URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Hero_Future.gif]Spoiler link, kinda.[/URL]

He's made sporadic appearences throughout the series, mostly in the form of artwork, but in one of the comics, he [spoiler]actually interacted with Mister Isaac. He could just be a hallucination, though. He was also mentioned by DL in the sixth episode.[/spoiler][/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]ZOMG! The last episode was completely awesome!!! [spoiler]Despite what others say, I thought the fight between Patrelli and Sylar was more than gratifying, namely because I had been waiting so long to see Hiro impale that sunnuva ***** and now I finally got to see it! That alone was enough to make the whole thing amazing, lol.

I also love how Peter's brtoher (forgot name) came through in the end. When it looked like he was gunna get shot by the cheerleader I was like 'oh man, I can't watch...' but the minute his bro showed up all of us immediately were like 'he's gunna fly him into space!' In the end, I loved both characters for it, and it was a beautiful ending to volume one IMO.

Mr. Sauron was [i]totally[/i] god. No way around that one, lol. Any time there's a scene like that in a show -- you know it's gotta be god.

And WTF of the century?! Volume 2 looks to be crazy and great! i just hpe it doesn't end up like ninja turtles 3 -- that was the first thing that came to mind when Hiro appeared there XD.[/spoiler][/COLOR]

[color=#b0000b][size=1]Okay, trying to collect my thoughts. This post contains spoilers for the online comics, be warned.

What do we know about the people who "tried to make a difference" or whatever? [spoiler]When Linderman[/spoiler] ([i]love[/i] his character, by the way), first brought it up, I immediately assumed that it was some sort of powered alliance from x number of years ago.

So far, those associated with it seem to be:
? [spoiler]Linderman/Austin?power of healing.[/spoiler]
? [spoiler]Petrelli/Dallas?power? Obviously unpowered during the Austin/Dallas thing, but didn't Nathan and Peter's mom say that he had an ability? If so, what? [Aside: In the first episode, Peter says that he "[i]knew[/i] about Nathan's accident before it happened." This sounds like the result of possible power absorption to me?otherwise, why would they throw it in there? Could he have absorbed some form of precog/mental connect/whatever from one of his parents?][/spoiler]
? [spoiler]Nakamura, Hiro's dad?power? He talks about being associated with the group of people, and refers to someone (presumably Linderman) "losing their way" or something, right? (Didn't Linderman also say much the same thing of his past associates? My memory is foggy.) Also, it's pretty clear that he's [i]way[/i] in on the whole supernatural ability thing?between his connections with Bennet's old employer and his coaching of Hiro, something's up.[/spoiler]
? [spoiler]Charles Deveaux?power? Possibly something like Peter's. He spoke with Angela and was in on the whole "New York is going to blow up" thing, though he disagreed that Nathan was the right one to take over afterward.[/spoiler]
? [spoiler]Angela Petrelli?power? But she's clearly in on Linderman's plot during the current series of events, and has a history with Charles.[/spoiler].

[b]Edit[/b]: Added two more names to the list.

Also, Nehszriah has a point in that not [i]everyone[/i] in the alliance necessarily had powers.

Also, does anyone have thoughts on Claude?[/color][/size]

I don't know about the whole [spoiler]power alliance theory. Yes, there needs to be some explaination for why Nathan, Peter and Hiro got powers (whether it be a spontaneous mutation or an inherited trait from a parent(s), but I don't think [i]everyone[/i] in that alliance had powers.[/spoiler]

Add one more to the list: [spoiler]the late Charles Deveraux[/spoiler]

Why?

[spoiler][u]He could see Peter[/u]. I doubt that was some sort of dream that Peter had as he was laying on the street. I think that maybe part of Peter's soul/mind/essence was sent backwards in time temporarily and made to view the last conversation between Angela and Charles through an invisible avatar. The invisibility was most likely proving that he could still use his empath powers, but Charles saw through it. Maybe he has/d the ability to see through traps/deciet/illusions. That would have been a highly useful tool in the Vietnam War. Late Mr. Petrelli could or could not of had a power. I don't think it was really mentioned at all. Keito could also have an ability too, but I have a feeling he might just be where the money to run everything comes from. Granted all this is simply speculation with canon-material support, but I've had a fair thought about it. Also, Chandra Suresh could have been in too.[/spoiler]

All this would mean is: [spoiler]Keito was for money, Linderman was for tracking and dealing, late Mr. Petrelli was for the polotics and keeping everyone out of legal trouble, Angela was for managing everything, Charles had some role that required sickening amounts of optimism (maybe killing or another public relations) and Chandra was in charge of isolating the gene that caused the mutation and creating a list of everyone who was effected.[/spoiler]

Then Claude... he just hopped in the TARDIS and went *POOF*.

[quote name='Nehszriah]I don't know about the whole [spoiler]power alliance theory. Yes, there needs to be some explaination for why Nathan, Peter and Hiro got powers (whether it be a spontaneous mutation or an inherited trait from a parent(s), but I don't think [i]everyone[/i'] in that alliance had powers.[/spoiler][/quote][color=#b0000b][size=1]I suppose that's not necessary, but it's probably more fun. Hm.

Also, who was it, do you suppose, that [spoiler]Claude was protecting, that Bennet had to shoot him?[/spoiler][/color][/size]

I thought it was pretty clear that [spoiler]Charles Deveaux was an empath, like Peter. Claude hinted heavily tat the existence of other empaths, and in the Peter/Charles sequence Charles said "invisibility ... always thought that'd be a good one to have," implying that he could collect powers the same way Peter does[/spoiler].

There's a nasty theory going around that [spoiler]Sylar may have munched Claude off-camera[/spoiler]. Anyone else notice the way he's been [spoiler]sneaking up on people these last couple of episodes? Ando in the loft, Peter and Noah in Kirby Plaza. Claude was so cool and so underused and made such a rapid exit, I might cry if he doesn't turn up again in volume two[/spoiler].

[quote name='Raiyuu]There's a nasty theory going around that [spoiler']Sylar may have munched Claude off-camera[/spoiler][/quote]

I haven't read anything like that, but it would be sad if it was true.

I wonder about the [spoiler]multiple-empath[/spoiler] theory though. [spoiler]So far, there have been unique talents for every new character shown. This create diversity in the sort of strengths and weaknesses every character has and makes each one of them unique. If there are multiple empaths in the world, would that mean that there are more people that can fly, slice heads open and become a blonde She-Hulk sans green skin...? Are the empaths the only ones who share a power with someone else? Can one empath absorb the powers and abilities that another has absorbed? Are they emo like Peter or straight out of the mafia like Peter v2.0? Are these empaths, if multiple ones exist, going to eventually become the "Master Race", everyone else in the world with abilities simply just in-betweens for their powers?[/spoiler]

I'll shut up now.

[quote name='Raiyuu]I thought it was pretty clear that [spoiler]Charles Deveaux was an empath, like Peter. Claude hinted heavily tat the existence of other empaths, and in the Peter/Charles sequence Charles said "invisibility ... always thought that'd be a good one to have," implying that he could collect powers the same way Peter does.[/spoiler'].[/quote][color=#b0000b][size=1][b]Thoughts[/b]: (Spoilers contain theories on Charles. Claude and the Petrellis are also mentioned.)

[list]
[*][spoiler][b]We haven't yet seen any exact duplicate powers.[/b] That doesn't mean they don't exist (see Claude's comment), but with all the other unique ones out there this season, it seems kind of cheap to throw that in there. [/spoiler]
[*][spoiler][b]I feel like there's a connection between Charles and Claude.[/b] If nothing else, it seems like they both worked for the Company at some point?also, Claude hangs out on Charles' rooftop. (But then, so do a [i]lot[/i] of people)[/spoiler]
[*][spoiler][b]However, Charles' statement that he always thought invisiblity "would be a good [power] to have" implies that he never had it.[/b] If he had Peter's exact power and knew Claude, he would have been able to absorb the power of invisibility.[/spoiler]
[*][spoiler][b]This paradox would be especially true if Charles were the other empath to whom Claude was referring.[/spoiler][/b]
[*][spoiler][b]Charles clearly has ties with the Company[/b]?He's in on Linderman's plan, and Bennet is given Claire to raise during as scene that takes place on the rooftop.[/spoiler]
[*][spoiler][b]On the rooftop, Charles says he knows Peter is there, but doesn't specifically say that he can [i]see[/i] him.[/b] In general, "I know you're there" is something you say when you can't see someone. So he's aware of Peter's presence, but he can't neutralise the effect of Peter's ability on him (as Peter could with Claude)[/spoiler]
[*][spoiler][b]Charles [i]does[/i] seem to have an ability, as he displays several uncanny characteristics[/b]?he's aware of Peter's presence when Pete is invisible, he has a very good grasp of Peter and Nathan's personalities (not superhuman in and of itself, but possibly within the context of the show it is), and he, like several of the other Heroes, appears in Peter's dreams. (However, other people who have not exhibited powers have also appeared in Peter's dreams.)[/spoiler]
[*][spoiler][b]The Petrellis (or maybe The Company) seem to be aware that certain children (Peter, Nathan, Claire) have powers before the children themselves are aware, and even before the powers manifest.[/b] Possibly latent power recognition is an ability that one of the characters has? If so, that might fit Charles. (However, if that is a power, it could just as easily be a power of another character close to those three?Angela, Mr. Petrelli, or someone we haven't even seen.)[/spoiler]
[/list] [/color][/size]

[color=deeppink]This thread is turning into one big black box, heh.

Okay, my thoughts regarding nearly everything.

Charles: [spoiler]Charles definately has a power, he wouldn't be able to see Peter if he didn't. I have two theories regarding what it is, one of which has been stated here before. either he's a power mimic, like Peter, or he has the ability to plant visions in other people's heads, like Sanjog. I'm currently leaning more towards the the visions theory, as that would explain all the "precognition" that Peter's been having.

Of course, considering the things he said, it's also possible that he can merely recognize another person's powers.[/spoiler]

Kaito: [spoiler]I've heard theories that he is Kensei, which I've been suspecting since he revealed his ability to swordfight. I'm not putting all my faith into this, though; while it is a possiblity, it feels like a longshot. Kensei is hinted to have powers, though, and Kaito mentions that he has been waiting a "long time..."[/spoiler]

Claude: [spoiler]Sylar didn't take his powers. At least, we can't say he did based on the evidence we have. Sylar sneaks around using his telekenesis; also, if he were merely invisible, Peter would have seen him. Remember, he's managed to sneak up on people with superhearing, and this was when Claude was still alive.[/spoiler]

Dallas Petrelli: [spoiler]Maybe he has a power. Linderman referred to him as "someone with great power," but that's no guarantee. There's simply too little information to go on right now.[/spoiler]

Okay, though, here's what I want to know. [spoiler]How did the conspiracy know that Peter was going to asplode? Clearly they have either a precog or a time traveler. Charles may fit the bill for precog (assuming for the moment that my "vision" theory is correct), but it could also be one of the Petrellis. Or for that matter, Kaito. Or it could be someone completely different.[/spoiler][/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink]Okay, though, here's what I want to know. [spoiler]How did the conspiracy know that Peter was going to asplode? Clearly they have either a precog or a time traveler. Charles may fit the bill for precog (assuming for the moment that my "vision" theory is correct), but it could also be one of the Petrellis. Or for that matter, Kaito. Or it could be someone completely different.[/spoiler'][/color][/quote][color=#007520]Well, they already said that [spoiler]Dallas had a power. I'm not sure who, but i think it was his wife who said this to Nathan.

And remember that Linderman had a room full of predictions for the future. I'm sure there were a few precogs before Isaac. They wouldn't have been around at the same time, otherwise Noah (snicker) wouldn't have relied on him so much during the "Save the Cheerleader" arc.[/spoiler]

Question: Why did [spoiler]Nathan have to fly Peter away just to have them both die? Why couldn't Claire just shoot him if he was going to die anyway? Or did Nathan drop Peter in space so that they could both survive?[/spoiler]
On second thought, [spoiler]if Claire had shot Peter in the back of the head, he would have died, but the explosion would be stopped. If Peter had exploded, he would have survived (like in the alternate future timeline where Future Hiro is from) but everyone else would have died. So, Nathan flew Peter into the air and distanced himself from him enough to survive. This way Peter can still recover from his explosion, and New York wouldn't be destroyed.[/spoiler]
New Question: Why couldn't [spoiler]Peter have just flown himself?[/spoiler]
Possible Answer: He could have been [spoiler]way too distracted by his body exploding and thus unable to concentrate....[/spoiler]

-r2[/color]

Yeah, if Peter wasn't [spoiler]dead in the Dark Future timeline, then he's not dead in this one either. Just in really bad shape from a) exploding with the force of a nuclear bomb and b) falling down from however high Nathan flew him[/spoiler].

I won't say he's survived worse, but regeneration seems to heal absolutely anything as long as nothing's lodged in the brain.

[quote name='r2vq][color=#007520]Well, they already said that [spoiler]Dallas had a power. I'm not sure who, but i think it was his wife who said this to Nathan.[/spoiler'][/color][/quote]

[color=deeppink]I mentioned it it my last post; it was [spoiler]Linderman, but he didn't explicitly state it. He was hinting at it heavily, but "someone with great power" could mean something else. I'm absolutely sure he meant a superpower, though.[/spoiler][/color]

[quote]Question: Why did [spoiler]Nathan have to fly Peter away just to have them both die? Why couldn't Claire just shoot him if he was going to die anyway? Or did Nathan drop Peter in space so that they could both survive?[/spoiler][/quote]

[color=deeppink]It's more compelling that way. : p[/color]

[quote]On second thought, [spoiler]if Claire had shot Peter in the back of the head, he would have died, but the explosion would be stopped.[/spoiler][/quote]

[color=deeppink]Hypothetically. There was no guarantee. Yes, [spoiler]Ted died without going nuclear, but he wasn't in the middle of a meltdown. Nathan was probably both trying to keep on the "safe" side as well as keep his daughter from shooting her hero in the face.[/spoiler][/color]

[quote]New Question: Why couldn't [spoiler]Peter have just flown himself?[/spoiler]
Possible Answer: He could have been [spoiler]way too distracted by his body exploding and thus unable to concentrate....[/spoiler][/quote]

[color=deeppink]He mentioned that he couldn't do anything. Whatever the reason, it seems he just wasn't able to fly.[/color]

[SIZE=1][quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink]I mentioned it it my last post; it was [spoiler]Linderman, but he didn't explicitly state it. He was hinting at it heavily, but "someone with great power" could mean something else. I'm absolutely sure he meant a superpower, though.[/spoiler'][/color][/quote]

Short of saying [spoiler]"Your dad had superpowers, Nathan m'boy", he couldn't have made it any more obvious, methinks. He seemed to talk about it in the same manner as he had about his old 'supergroup'[/spoiler] too.

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink]Hypothetically. There was no guarantee. Yes, [spoiler]Ted died without going nuclear, but he wasn't in the middle of a meltdown. Nathan was probably both trying to keep on the "safe" side as well as keep his daughter from shooting her hero in the face.[/spoiler'][/color][/quote]

I like to think that Nathan did what he did to make amends for what had come before, [spoiler]to prove himself a hero by both saving NY from 'the bomb' and saving his brother from a bullet to the head[/spoiler]. I'm guessing he also wanted to [spoiler]act against the conspirators plans by saving the 0.07% and, if he did indeed get himself killed in his little stunt, removing himself from the equation.[/spoiler] Though I really [spoiler] don't want him to be dead[/spoiler], heh.

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink']He mentioned that he couldn't do anything. Whatever the reason, it seems he just wasn't able to fly.[/color][/quote]

Mmm-hmm, much like [spoiler]Ted couldn't do anything as he was going nuclear at the Bennetts'. Heck, Ted couldn't even stand, so I guess Peter was lucky to have at least managed that much[/spoiler].

Anyway, Sylar... first off [spoiler] I can't help but find it kind of stupid that the guys just, y'know, let him crawl off into the sewers. Surely, even if they believed he was dead, someone at some point [i]must[/i] have thought to check his body or something. And they didn't notice that he disappeared, either. It's shameful, really. Also, I don't quite get Sylar's motive in that last bit. He seemed quite obsessed with turning Peter into the villain and himself into the hero, but I don't quite get it. The only way he could have hoped to survive to be [i]seen[/i] as a hero would've been to kill Peter there and then, instead he focuses his last ounce of strength on stopping Hiro, thus keeping Peter active and effectively dooming himself. Or maybe he'd already used Isaac's power to see what lay ahead? On that note, what did he see as he was lying there on the floor, just before he seemingly 'died'?[/spoiler]

Heck, maybe he's just a psycho. : P[/SIZE]

[color=#b0000b][size=1]Dammit, I hope [spoiler]Nathan and Parkman die. Not that I have anything against them?I actually really liked Nathan's character, and Parkman's a nice guy, but the idea of "Yay, VICTORY WITH NO CONSEQUENCES!" really weakens the show.[/spoiler].[/size][/color]

[QUOTE=Dodeca][SIZE=1]

Short of saying [spoiler]"Your dad had superpowers, Nathan m'boy", he couldn't have made it any more obvious, methinks. He seemed to talk about it in the same manner as he had about his old 'supergroup'[/spoiler] too. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]But he [i]didn't[/i] say [spoiler]"Your dad had superpowers, Nathan m'boy." More importantly, we haven't seen Dallas with any superpowers. What Linderman said, "someone with [u]great power[/u]," may be simply in a metaphorical sense. Dallas was a high-profile defense attourney, after all, that could hold a lot of sway.

Further, this quote came from an unreliable source and may be an out-right lie; Linderman is a master manipulator, and he could simply have been planting suggestions into Nathan's head. The whole thing is vague enough that it might be a red herring on the part of the writers, although I doubt it.

And just because Linderman had allies with powers does not mean that all his allies had powers. ; )[/spoiler][/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy][spoiler']And just because Linderman had allies with powers does not mean that all his allies had powers. ; )[/spoiler][/quote]

[size=1][color=#9907BB]I completely agree with Nerdsy. [spoiler]Just because Linderman has a power, doesn't mean all of his allies do either. However, it is inferred that Kaito Nakamura [underline]MAY[/underline] have a power. It's also inferred that he might be Kensei which would basically make Kaito immortal. This inference came from a discussion board. The post can be found here: [URL=http://www.9thwonders.com/boards/index.php?s=&showtopic=51969&view=findpost&p=258702]Link[/URL][/spoiler]

As for what Dodeca asked...[/size][/color]

[quote name='Dodeca][spoiler][size=1]Or maybe he'd already used Isaac's power to see what lay ahead? On that note, what did he see as he was lying there on the floor, just before he seemingly 'died'?[/size'][/SPOILER][/quote]

[size=1][color=#9907BB][spoiler]Didn't Sylar paint something right before he went off to go "save the world" or whatever it was he thought he was going to do? I clearly remember something like that. Then again, I could just be mixing it up with a previous scene.

Oh! And what about what Molly Walker said about someone scarier than the Bogeyman? She said that he could see her. Does that mean there's someone who's overseeing everything? Is there someone who was controlling, or controlled, Linderman, who apparently was the supposed brains behind the operations?[/spoiler][/size][/color]

Dodeca: as Sylar was [spoiler]lying on the floor "dead", we saw a montage of clips from earlier in the episode flash through his eyes, ending with the image we were seeing right then - Sylar lying on the floor "dead". His precog powers bringing him 'up-to-date'[/spoiler]?

The scary person Molly doesn't want to think about will likely be the villain for the next volume.

[quote name='Revelation] However, it is inferred that Kaito Nakamura [underline]MAY[/underline'] have a power. It's also inferred that he might be Kensei which would basically make Kaito immortal. This inference came from a discussion board. The post can be found here: Link[/quote]

[color=deeppink]What's this EPK they're talking about?

EDIT: Also, more evidence that [strike]Sulu[/strike] Kaito [spoiler]may be Kensei. [URL=http://www.yamagatofellowship.org/suggestions.shtml]Here[/URL] is one of the official Heroes websites, and when you hover over the picture of Kensei, the text "Kaito Nakamura" pops up.[/spoiler][/color]

[quote name='Revelation][size=1][color=#9907BB][spoiler]Didn't Sylar paint something right before he went off to go "save the world" or whatever it was he thought he was going to do? I clearly remember something like that. Then again, I could just be mixing it up with a previous scene.[/spoiler][/color'][/size][/quote]

[color=deeppink]I believe he painted [spoiler]himself and Peter standing in front of the fountain, right before their "fight."[/spoiler][/color]

[quote name='Revelation][size=1][color=#9907BB][spoiler]However, it is inferred that Kaito Nakamura [underline]MAY[/underline] have a power. It's also inferred that he might be Kensei which would basically make Kaito immortal. This inference came from a discussion board. The post can be found here: [URL=http://www.9thwonders.com/boards/index.php?s=&showtopic=51969&view=findpost&p=258702]Link[/URL][/spoiler][/size'][/color][/quote]

See, I don't agree. I have a feeling that [spoiler]Hiro is Kensei. Now, I've not read the thread in the link, but I just have this gut feeling that was strengthened by the sneak-preview. Kensei was rumored to have a mysterious power and, well, since Hiro is stuck in, erm, Tokugawa Japan, he could be doing himself a favor and creating the legend of Kensei. It would be very poetic that Hiro's favorite tale as a child would have been the story of his "death", which would have to be faked. Then, when Hiro goes to try to get back to the future, he instead does something wrong... T-Rex Time... you know...[/spoiler]

[quote name='Nehszriah][spoiler] It would be very poetic that Hiro's favorite tale as a child would have been the story of his "death", which would have to be faked. [/spoiler'] [/quote]

[color=deeppink][i]Have[/i] to? [spoiler]He could just as easily die. : P[/spoiler][/color]

Oh, jeezum... another black-box post.

[spoiler]...but how else would Dino Time happen unless he finds a way to bring creatures from other times and places to the point where he is at? Besides, the whole dinosaur fight with him is pretty sketchy to begin with since Issac painted it. It would of had to be a painting of Hiro's personal future instead of the general one.

My general theory on the Kensei matter though is that Hiro goes along his merry way in feudal Japan and slowly, instances from the old bedtime stories pop up that are actually happening to him. Since Kensei is only a [i]title[/i] of sorts, for all we know, there could be multiple people with the name. The Kensei of the Heroes legend had a power that he could not control: ala Hiro. The theory of Kaito being immortal does not really fit with an ability that is uncontrollable. Also, since I do believe that the sword was present in the sneak-peek, Hiro might have to go on a quest in order to retrieve said sword, fullfilling prophecy and likewise gaining some form of control over his ability, maybe even gaining a new aspect to his powers. Then, once he realizes he's completed his mission, he knows that he has to fake a death in order to get back to his present without freaking out the feudal Japanese people. Then, in a classic Hiro move, he goes backwards in time instead of forwards simply because he's so geeked out. I doubt he will die until the very end of the series, if at all. He's too much of a fan-pull and is the balance for everyone. Most of the other heroes were many different shades of apprehensive about their abilities while Hiro was flippin' estatic. We need Hiro as a character, or need a character like Hiro in his place.

With the feudal Japan thing though, I'm certain that he will find people in that time frame that resemble people from the present. Kimiko could be the princess, a Kaito-look-alike could be another Kensei and I'm sure an Ando will be wandering about simply because he can.[/spoiler]